Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (225753 Views)

Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2019
Hey guys, nairaland sent me a Happy birthday email early this morning. I had to go through some things, but that's a story for another day.
So happy birthday to me. Thank you Nairaland. This story is definitely not over yet but I just started putting pen and paper together, you will hear from me again soon. Thanks URep.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by genius43(m): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2019
badohemmy:
Hey guys, nairaland sent me a Happy birthday email early this morning. I had to go through some things, but that's a story for another day.
So happy birthday to me. Thank you Nairaland. This story is definitely not over yet but I just started putting pen and paper together, you will hear from me again soon. Thanks URep.

Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by collinometricx: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2019
badohemmy:

happy birthday bro...

kollinxson cares

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by tu9ic3(m): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2019
HBD bro wishing u LLNP...Hope you are good its been a while

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by peterafo: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2019
happy birthday Bro

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by yungbanks(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2019
Abeg try update we dey hungry ooo

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Skyfornia(m): 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
Jennito:
Nice story badohemmy... Keep it up..

Happy birthday...more wins
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by youngbravian(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
badohemmy:

When will the 'soon' come?�
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by spenzo47: 10:58am On Oct 14, 2019
It's been ages ooo.... we wait for d continuation abeg
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by GhettoG1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
Haffa na?? Bro kum finish what u started na biko
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by NavalPrince(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2019
Bro
Please finish up this story nah
More ink to ur pen
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by collinometricx: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
NavalPrince:
Bro
Please finish up this story nah
More ink to ur pen

Part ongoing

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by jayphe(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
We are waiting....waiting!
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by devilmaycry1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
OK BOSS
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Kaybaaba: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
badohemmy:
this is why I hate reading story from here sometimes,you said we were going to hear from u soon since April haba....u also promised this story won't be abandoned Oga why na?
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
"Wetin de xup? Who put fire for your body?" Sam asked Ken after observing his uneasiness.
"Boss, Gentle, you know say you na my Oga. I wan beg you, abeg, I no wan do again. Abeg my boss. Give me freedom." Ken pleaded to Samson who was all smiles. He knew something was up with his boy, especially since his brother found out he was working for him. He just smiled some more.
"My guy, I know, I know say hand don touch you. Tell me who get the hand make I cut am give dog chop," GentleLion said in a more serious voice.

Chapter 54

D-Day Of Reconning (III)

"E never reach like that alpha. All I want na to walk my own part, take responsibility for my life going forward." Ken said.
He looked at GentleLion but he wasn't smiling, worse of all, he didn't say anything to him. Ken became even more uncomfortable. He wondered were he got the boldness to even talk in the first place. GentleLion picked up his glass cup containing Heineken, held it up to his face for a while before gulping what's left of the content. He dropped the glass and passed his index finger on top of the round glass rubbing it slowly.
The silence between them grew louder until a disturbed Ken decided to break the quietness, he tried to speak, but he was still in his first few words when Sam hushed him.
"I protect you from mad men, I sulk vampires blood because of your maraz, I even facilitate your freedom from sanko, take care of your upkeep, make sure you get admission and go school, even though you no believe say e possible again for your life, I never complain one day about how all these take dey inconvenience me, but your morale ripe reach to come my front come yearn me dirty opata, say..." Sam was still talking when Ken jumped in.
"Bros no vex, I ..." Ken had started to talk but the moment his gaze met that of GentleLion he kept mum and looked down. There was a popular saying in Igbo Language that when translated to English loosely means "if eyes were guns'', GentleLion would have shot Ken dead" long before he finished the shit he was excreting.
Ken kept mute, he did not look up at his boss again, he instead looked down at the table and floor. He convinced himself that he had bleeped up. "What was I thinking?" He thought to himself. When he knew that Sam had been his benefactor for years why did he listen to Badoh he had wondered. Worst of all, nobody ever knew what was in the mind of GentleLion. He could have him drilled today or any day and nobody could save him, not even his supposed best friend could do anything about it. As he thought about the things Sam said, and all the times he had helped or protected him, starting from Karakuta republic where they met for the first time, tears began to flow from his eyes. And like our Lord Jesus in the shortest verse of the Bible, "He wept".
GentleLion was disappointed with Ken big time. He had his own plan for him. He was supposed to play a major role in his empire, but here he was listening to Ken talk about divorce, same Ken he was sure wouldn't survive a month without his input. He was sure though that that was what the game's all about. You win some, you lose some. One thing was sure, he "liked the boy a bit too much". Ken was GentleLion's first son. It was so unfortunate, loyalty had become a very rare commodity, only a few could afford it. This boy could not have come to this decision alone. The boss in the room played his next step in his head.
"Ken!" Samson called him in a voice so thick it was hardly audible.
"Yes boss," Ken answered without looking up.
"Come-on clean your tears, why you dey cry like woman?" GentleLion said to Ken as his voice softened a bit. He hated seeing him in tears. He could recall many years ago when he first met Ken at the Ogwashi-Uku Prison, he was in a pool of his tears, that day his heart broke. It was that day Ken's fight became his own.
"No boss, No vex, abeg baba, no vex." Ken pleaded as he cried GentleLion a river. Now he has suddenly become sure that saying the things he said was a very bad idea.
"Keep quiet jaré," GentleLion hushed him, he brought out his white handkerchief and handed it over to Ken urging him to dry his tears. "I just weak. Your Martha weak me". He stared at Ken for a short while and continued.
"I go grant you your wish." GentleLion said to Ken who could not believe any word his ears tell him. Ken suddenly begins to feel elated. The rapid spike in his mood was obvious even to Efe who just happens to have been confined to one corner. Efe had been worried sick, he had tagged along his friend to help but seeing where he was squeezed into he knew he inspired absolutely no confidence. His own mood soon gallops as he heard Ken ask GentleLion, "Boss, you go grant my wish?"
"Yes. Although I know say you no think am well before you talk am, nevertheless, I go grant am". GentleLion said to him.
An excited Ken began to sing praises of GentleLion. GentleLion simply sat in his position sipping his drink gently. "Wetin guy man go do dey e skull," he thought to himself.
"Chairman, boss of life. Minus you na you go still remain. You too much, Tualé Baba." Ken sang with his two hands raised. He could not contain his excitement. He just wanted to tell the good news to somebody, Badoh perhaps. The thought of Badoh made him wonder where the h*ll that son of a gun is. The arrangement has been betrayed Ken thought. They were supposed to be only 5 minutes behind, its been around 15 minutes since he arrived here with Efe.
"Like I talk before, you no think am well before you spit am. Even till now you never still think am well." GentleLion said curtly. He had his elbows on the table while his palms hugged, with his fingers interlocked. He observed Ken and saw the excitement he felt jump out of him.
"Boss, how... How you mean?" Ken stammered.
"I go explain," GentleLion said with a sly smile pasted across his face. He continued, "make we reason am first, like say you get freedom wetin go come happen? See as me take understand am: e mean say I go stop to dey pay your school fees, e mean say no more house rent money,Poof! textbook nko? Gone. You will have to bleeping fend for yourself which you obviously can't right now. Like I talk before, I no say you no think this move well but e don be." GentleLion said to Ken calmly.
With every word that came from his benefactor he soon realizes the gravity of task that will lie in front of him if Samson goes ahead to release him like Tiwa Savaged her manager and husband. He still had the option of apologizing and pretending like today never happened, but a sudden emotion came upon him. It was the kind of energy that makes one a hero like Maria Carey sang. Instead of weeping like his initial instinct had directed, he instead pulled himself together and said, "boss, you know say I no fit do this without your mentorship. Na you be the mentor I get and also my papal for street." Ken said. He needed to work this out for good, hopefully, GentleLion would forget his transgression. But GentleLion was in no mood to hand in favours, he was sure he was cutting Ken lose. It was not for revenge over his betrayal as many would perceive it, it was simply because he always knew Ken would make it big. When Ken put his mind to something, his focus is unparalleled. That was how he became so good in driving from a young age, that was how he became good with numbers, he paid attention in full. GentleLion's intention had been to groom Ken into making money for him, he was not just a son but an investment which he expected to begin to yield fruit in about three years time.
"Baba, if you no fend for me, who go do am na Alpha?" Ken pleaded. He is becoming disappointed with the mission he had chosen. Just when he thought it would be his last session in school, Sam said: "But... There might be a way to keep you in school but there is a condition attached to it." He said to Ken who readily told him that he will accept any condition as long as the opportunity to go to school remained Sacrosanct.
GentleLion outlined a plan for him. He told Ken that he would pay for his school fees and house rent in the upcoming session which would be his year two, then in year three only his school fees, it was a two year plan. He asked Ken to prepare to learn a trade because starting from next session he would have to feed himself in school. He recommended to Ken barbing because he believe it was something be could learn within a couple of months.
When GentleLion was done with his recommendation, Ken just watched without saying a word. As the information he consumed sunk in his mind began to process what his benefactor had said. It meant that he would get no more pocket money, it also meant his classmates would use it to mock him. He could not say anything, he just contemplated the reverse, at least he would have a house to live next session. He was still in deep thought when Sam said:
"And I have not given you my condition yet, so don't be sad." Sam told Ken with a bit of smile stuck in his face. Ken could not believe his ears. He discovered his mouth was open when Sam used his index finger to draw a circle in the air right in front of his mouth.
"Should I give you my condition?" He asked Ken who simply nodded. Sam pulled his head close and whispered something to Ken. Whatever was said wasn't pleasant because Ken seemed devastated.
Ken had a sad face, while GentleLion had a smile on his face. They were still in silent when Tunde, Sam's right hand man moved swiftly to the door and blocked it when he noticed some people were about to enter the eatery.
"Go back, we don close." Tunde said.
"Who you be to close my town?" Baroni queries Tunde. But Tunde refused to give way which forced Baroni to shove him on the chest as he moved inside with Badoh tagging along behind him.
In a swift reaction, Tunde pulled out a gun and pointed and pointed it at him. But funny enough, the caretaker was unshaken. He smiled at him and moved closer to the gun. He moved so close until his chest touched the tip of the gun.
"Guy, if you want to shoot shoot don't think. But wetin go happen when e no enter?" Baroni asked Tunde who was fuming in anger.
As this all played out at Viva Fast-food, Sam who had been watching with keen interest said his first word.
"Idiagbon," GentleLion called out to Tunde, "Point the gun at his partner," he ordered as Tunde shifted the nozzle to Badoh whose mind skipped many times before he died.
As soon as the gun was pointed at Badoh, he raised his hands up. Suddenly, he became afraid to die. Even the caretaker became calmer, whether it was fear or something else remains to be seen, but he definitely became more humble.
"As you wear bulletproof, you forget say your partner na naked bitch?" GentleLion asked Baroni as he stared at him eyeball to eyeball!

Chapter 55

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Phlimsyjay(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Finally
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Iamicekid(m): 1:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Nice, Abeg no let the posting stop again ooo
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by tu9ic3(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Please keep it coming... I dey gbadun u
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by devilmaycry1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
keep it coming
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 9:42am On Nov 23, 2019
As you wear bulletproof you forget say your patner na naked bitch ?..omo dis statement carry load oh
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Even the caretaker became calmer, whether it was fear or something else remains to be seen, but he definitely became more humble.
"As you wear bulletproof, you forget say your partner na naked bitch?" GentleLion asked Baroni as he stared at him eyeball to eyeball!

Chapter 55

The Resolution

Eye for eye, that's was what played out at Viva fast food that day. Baroni who usually was a hot headed human became as cold as ice cream. He became so calm that he didn't utter a word or make any sudden moves. The caretaker knew that Badoh was naked. He didn't want to lose the kid, definitely not today, definitely not under his watch. That's why he became loyal. He didn't like it, but he had very little choice.
Silence took over the hall. Nobody said a word as GentleLion continued to smile. He was always the perfect chess player, always three steps ahead of his opponents. He stepped out of the table and stood among his peer, Baroni. He stared him down and smiled some more. "Easy," he thought. They are always easy to get.
Tunde did not understand why GentleLion asked him to point the gun at Badoh. Of course he understood that it made the reckless guy calm but knowing that Badoh was his brother made it surprising. "How will he ask me to point a gun at his kid brother when he should be the one protecting him?" He thought to himself. He didn't know the answer but he simply complied. Over the years he has come to understand GentleLion, and there's a popular saying among their clique which is "Apostle Sam knows best!" Apostle Sam was Samson's prophetic name, while GentleLion was his bush name.
Ken was the most confused person in the world. He could remember not long ago how he was busy condemning Badoh for not showing up on time as agreed, but now he suddenly wished Badoh had not come at all. Seeing a gun pointed at his best friend took away his power of speech. He wanted to beg his boss, but only his hands did the begging as his voice seemed lost. He joined his hands together in prayer and rubbed them gently in silent pleading to GentleLion who seemed to be in a "world of his own" like Westlife.
All this while, in between the silence, in between the quietness, all GentleLion could think about was that he had confirmed what he always wanted to know. He wanted to know if he could trust Baroni, if he could trust him with his little brother, if he could entrust him with bigger responsibility. Now he seemed sure, he had his answer. He tapped Tunde, collected the gun from him, raised it to Badoh's head as Badoh raised his hands higher and shouted, "ah bros! Please nau! If it is Vivian I have totally removed my hands!" He cried closing his eyes and saying his last prayers. Badoh did not know what to think. He didn't see any reason why his brother would want to hurt him except for what Vivian told him. He could remember that Viv had warned him in very clear words about not letting Samson know about their affair. He didn't know it was this serious. If only he knew he would have stayed away from that she-devil.
Just when Baroni, Badoh, Ken and Efe expected the worst, Samson the GentleLion started laughing. He pulled the gun away from his brother and returned to his sit smiling.
"Nnabundoh, so you believe that I will kill you abi? This my guy funny die." He said as he handed the gun to Tunde and asked him to put it away. That was when Tunde understood the irony of it all. In his mind he was like: "so na gun this man de use pull prank on his brother?" He soon joined GentleLion in laughing as he put the gun away.
One person who did not understand the whole thing was Baroni. The look in his eyes demanded some kind of explanation which he wasn't getting yet. Same thing could be said of Ken who looked loss.
Badoh soon became more relaxed and began to laugh too. He always knew his brother was crazy, he just didn't expect him to take it to a whole new level. He pulled out a chair and joined his brother's table. He urged Baroni to join up but he was initially reluctant. He was only beginning to put 2 + 2 together. "So this Macho Man na your brother?" Baroni finally spoke as he pulled a chair and joined beside Ken and GentleLion.
"Yes, na my elder brother. He senior somebody before me," Badoh answered.
Ken still looking surprised chipped in: "na gun una take dey play for una house?" He asked innocently as they all burst into a loud laughter which eased up the tension in the placed. Just a few minutes ago it looked like there was going to be a funeral, or bloodbath. But suddenly, everyone knew their place. Everyone knew who was in charge, and everyone knew who the winner would be if this was a game.
"So, wetin I do to deserve this visit from you?" GentleLion asked even if they were all in the spot he wanted them to be. He knew how to operate people and make them believe they were in charge, but that could not be furthest from the truth.
When the biggest meat in a gathering asks a question, it is only fair that the next biggest man capable of answering the question give an answer, so the Caretaker spoke next.
"Ken na my tenant. And I hear say he fit dey trouble, so based on my position as Caretaker, I go must respond to make sure say everything dey okay. I believe say even if mattaz dey ground, there must be a way to take settle am make everybody dey satisfied."
"Well, I no understand, Ken and myself no get mattaz nau. Abi Ken?" Sam asked Kennedy who nodded almost immediately.
GentleLion continued, "Ken and myself dey in total agreement. More like, we really good so I surprise really." He said.
"As in no problem?" Badoh asked quietly. He had been silently following the unfolding event since he took his place on the table of greatness. He was surprised that they heard him as he was only thinking to himself.
"No problem at all at all, abi you want problem? I get enough to go round?" GentleLion asked intimidatingly.
"No o, no problem. Thank you bros." Badoh responded. He found it had to believe, but he had to believe based on fear. Who was he to doubt? He thought to himself. Ken tried to show that he was excited, but there was this feeling he emitted that kinda gave him away. You could not really believe that he was saying the truth, but Ken continued to insist that he was fine and even feigned a smiley face which made the Caretaker dismiss his doubts. All he did was thank GentleLion for his benevolence.
"We all na one na. But I go like make me and you talk because I go need your assistance." Sam told Baroni. Baroni did not argue. A rapport would hurt nobody. "No wahala baba" here said.
"Oya, Ken time done reach for you to grow up and be a man. I know say you go make me proud. Make you and your friend, that one wey bend down for that corner - come de go." GentleLion told same Ken who began to stand up immediately, he shook hands with GentleLion, Badoh and Baroni, before moving towards Efe and pulling him up. They waved and walked out of the fast food fast without any question or comment.
"Shey you know say you dey f*ck up?" GentleLion said after turning to Badoh. Badoh knew he messed up more than once, he made his relationship with Viv too public, he also tried to spar with his elder brother, not just any brother but brother Samson.
"Brother no vex nau. Na me ooo. Abeg." Badoh begged his brother.
"Me and you get serious talk. Make you wait for one corner make I talk to this bros finish." He said to Badoh who stood up and went deep down into the Hall.
GentleLion spoke to Baroni about his idea of working with him on a multiple of front. They were very cordial in their conversation and within 10 minutes they had concluded on the terms of condition. They both stood up, shaked hands while Baroni left.
Badoh was not comfortable with being left behind but he swallowed it as he joined Sam's table. He did not know what the talk with his brother was all about. But he exercised patience.
"Bros, I hope I no dey trouble?" He asked him?
To his greatest surprise GentleLion simply smiled, and he smiled some extra.
"We get plenty things to talk about," Samson said.

Badoh had a long, eye-opening conversation with his brother that day. They spoke about everything and everyone, cultism, school, Vivian, Kennedy, family, and even about impending storm that seemed to be gathering.
Badoh did not know much but he now knew more than he used to. For instance, he knew why Vivian warned him against letting his brother know about their sexual encounter. He also understand that being a one man soldier was there best thing that could happen to him, because the moment he joins cult, according to his brother, his "freedom becomes leveraged".
The things Badoh learnt that day where invaluable. As he went back to his lodge after their long convo, he knew today was a win win win for everybody.
He went on mini drink shopping and bought a couple of drink, magic moment, vino tinto (red wine), punch and Sprite.
As he arrived the hostel he went through the back gate, there was smoke everywhere, while every where seemed so quiet.
"What's going on," Badoh wondered to himself.

Chapter 56

3 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2019
I Thankfully use this medium to say a happy new month to everyone on this platform. May God in his infinite mercies bless your hustles, amen

4 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Seunfunmi18(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2019
badohemmy:
I Thankfully use this medium to say a happy new month to everyone on this platform. May God in his infinite mercies bless your hustles, amen

Happy new month bruv
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Ann2012(f): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2019
badohemmy:

Same wishes bro
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by tu9ic3(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
badohemmy:

Amen... Happy new month bro I wish u the same
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
Badoooo.i see u,happy new month
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2019
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Timisamd(m): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bro I dey gbadun this story oo... .
More ororo to your elbow ..
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by peterafo: 2:21am On Jan 05, 2020
Since all this while!
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by ofomzi(m): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2021
Whats up with the update on this story. Time don dey go ohhh
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2021
badohemmy:
Thanks guys.
Another abandoned story on NairaLand?
Anyway,hope you're ok!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.