Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (253620 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talenty(m): 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
Obnelly thanks very much, can you please give me your phone number so that I will call you.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
good
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by badaru1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
I finally received A.bird 7 in lagos sw nigeria with 3m fibre dish. I got about 150 channels. The signal is more in the evening than morning. This tp `11296 is the highest 60% around 8pm. Initially That was a week ago I got only 1 tp but as time pass on I keep getting additional tps with improve signal.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2011
well done brother
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2011
talenty,
congrats on your nilesat success. welcome to the family.

as for the subscription i think obnelly has answered that.

personally though i don't subscribe because i feel there are enough
free channels to keep me and my people busy.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2011
badaru1:

I finally received A.bird 7 in lagos sw nigeria with 3m fibre dish. I got about 150 channels. The signal is more in the evening than morning. This tp `11296 is the highest 60% around 8pm. Initially That was a week ago I got only 1 tp but as time pass on I keep getting additional tps with improve signal.

looks like ab7 signals are finally behaving like the recent 201. i will give it a shot too

and see what happens.

congrats!

p.s: did you need to move your dish slighty before tracking or you left it in same position
with 201 and 102?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by badaru1(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2011
George_D:

looks like ab7 signals are finally behaving like the recent 201. i will give it a shot too

and see what happens.

congrats!

p.s: did you need to move your dish slighty before tracking or you left it in same position
with 201 and 102?

You need to move your dish down a little west.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2011
ok badaru. i will do just that.

thanks!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ George_D
The new 3.0m pan dish for my nile have arrived as promised. Please I need your advise on the best LNB obtainable in Nigeria for maximum performance.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
auchs,
since yours is a pan dish, use either digisat 0.2db lnb or echosat 0.1db and you'll be fine.
congrats and happy tracking!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
Auch pls is that dish ready made or locally fabricated?can you post the picture if its locally made?and moreso i will want you to post its signal performance.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by netesy(m): 1:00am On Dec 02, 2011
pls my sat is not getting any signal in kaduna ,mytv nd strong
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2011
@ George_D
Thanks for the swift reply.
@ Obnelly
The audacious is a locally made. I will keep the house posted on the pics latter. Thanks
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
That is interesting.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Marc33: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
Good day all. Joining your interesting forum from Dakar 5enegal. Please note that here with a 100cm dish we are currently able to get from 7W position more than 600 channels with great quality pictures. The arabic conversant people are the ones really enjoying this large array of FTA channels. But some movie and/or series entertainment channels such as FOX, FOX movies, MTV are also available. CNN, Bloomberg, Asia Business and a lot of sport channels are accessible as well. See attached pictures. Thanks

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
marc33,
welcome to the forum. those are great pictures you have there.

looks though like your 100cm dish is motorized?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by lovala(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
The dish sure looks motorized. and the decoder nko? What's the type?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Marc33: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
Thank you for the welcome.
Definitely yes the dish is motorized. The receiver is star track SRT 2015 HD.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by dodos(f): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2011
@ Marc33

Great Work and welcome to the forum.

@ George and Lovala

It is the HH Motor for Ku Dishes normally less than 1.8m dishes

Remain Blessed
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
marc33,
i guess it is alright. many of our peeps here with 90cm will be interested in laying their hands on such a motor. besides, there was an issue on how to install it a couple of months back. not a few members reported difficulties in getting it to track properly.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Marc33: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
@George
The diseqC 1.2 HH motor is not difficult to install when following properly all the steps and requirements. The main point is first to make sure to get an HH motor that can handle your location latitude. Most of the HH motors available in some places were not really designed for a good part of our region (specifically countries below 10° latitude N or S). Residing in Dakar (14° latitude) I luckily do not have that problem. As you know it, good pole (i.e exactly vertical) alignment is critical as well as precise elevation of the motor and declination angle as required by your location and usually indicated in the supplied installation manual. I got my motor from France through my brother installed there. I have noted that there is in this forum an interesting, documented (and promising) thread launched by microgiant on this motorization issue. Let us use it as much as possible to share our experiences, exchange tricks and tips. Cheers
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Marc33: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2011
To complete above information for all interested, I attach herewith pictures of the box of the diseqC motor I am using. The very same motor seems to be available under different brand names. Thanks

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2011
marc33,
you are very correct as regarding that microgiant thread. again, you are lucky with you location.

the latitude thing was the biggest obstacle to a successful installation here.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by dodos(f): 11:18am On Dec 09, 2011
@ Marc33

Where is your location once again and how much is the HH Motor in USD

Remain Blessed.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by sammu(m): 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
@marc33, the star track 2015hd receiver, does it have blind scan function? Please reply. Thank you
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Marc33: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
@dodos
I bought the motor 47 euros 3 years ago.

@sammu
Yes the receiver has blind scan function.

Thanks
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by grafikii: 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
pls someone should reply, i have a 2.4m pan dish and i want to track jsc sport 1-10 which sat is more advisable nile sat or badr. i stay in lagos
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2011
Grafiki,go for hotbird,you cant get badr in lagos with 2.4m pictures will be freezing most time,nilesat is your best bet but you cant get all the channels owned by aljazeera sports.you can only get +1-4,on hotbird you get 1-10,(signal drop in the afternoon)if you are using it for viewing center go for 3m and above.just my little advice.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by grafikii: 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
thanks so much bro
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
@george_D @Obnelly
I just finished a rough work on my locally 3m facing the heaven on nilesat. The MBCs (11938v) is @58%. The target jsc sports (+5-10 and jsc world cup) is @48% with no cracking. Only 84 channels have poped up. I am happy cos the locally made did the job. I will continue the work tomorrow with lnb tweaking cos I know that the dish will hit at least 74% on 11938 and rock better than my former strong 2.4m. Thanks.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2011
MBC Action showing terminator salvation @ 8:00pm today.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
Auch,welldone.that was a success but you can still work more on the signal because that is what am getting with my 2.4m you shld have better signal strength.you get jsc+5-10?are u on nilesat 201/atlantic7/badr 26.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.