Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) (26899 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Osinbajo In Abuja [Photos] / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Ambassador Garba Gajam Visits Osinbajo In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by bakynes(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2017
hornyofife:

Can any of all the kings you listed be publicly disgraced the way Oba of Lagos disgraced your hornyofife?
King that bows down to a mere senate president, is that one king?

In the first place,who first class help when he commands no Respect?

Who told you he commands no respect, he is just a naturally humble person and respect elders even if the stool in which he sits on is well respected.

It is a known fact Igbo had no Empire Pre-colonial rule the Obi stool is relatively younger than some of these other Kings like Ooni,Alaafin and Oba of Benin that have existed as far back as before Christ.

Stop been Jealous, these issues are known facts.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by wellmax(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
mrvitalis:

Who is the chairman of uac board of directors ?

Obi of onitsha is a share holder in shell Nigeria

Oga stop talking what you don't know

Own shares? Just imagine. Ordinary shares. Does that make him the richest?

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
nairanaira12:

Only a deadbrain idiot will continue to argue like a thoughtless fool even in the face of irrefutable evidence. Why are igbos so annoyingly stupid like this sef?

If they are too dead in the brain and lazy to research, maybe this link will cure them of their thoughtless, childish, immature ignorance

https:///richest-kings-in-nigeria/

You so painedgrin

Asides,its only afonja blogger that waste time to comply Rubbish to suit the delusion...

They don't do their research well, they just rank it based on hear say or what they think of themselves..

Richest king in Africa my ass. The richest kings in Nigeria are in the north are are quiet and not amala eating noisy owambe delusional afonjas....

Does any afonja king have oil blocks? If no, then shut the hell up...

My respect to the Oba of Benin and Obi of Onitsha. They are the real representation of class, respect, integrity, charisma and power

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
bakynes:

Who told you he commands no respect, he is just a naturally humble person and respect elders even if the stool in which he sits on is well respected.

It is a known fact Igbo had no Empire Pre-colonial rule the Obi stool is relatively younger than some of these other Kings like Ooni,Alaafin and Oba of Benin that have existed as far back as before Christ.

Stop been Jealous, these issues are known facts.

Igbos had no empire because we are not invading salvages like you guys.you guys fought yourselves intertribally while we lived peacefully within ourselves and neighbors and even traded and intermarried ourselves...

But we still had our own civilization far older than any afonja civilization....hehe

Go and read about Igbo ukwu

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by ogbonti: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ihatepork:

So why is he hardly mentioned in the same vein as Ọba of Benin, Alaafin, Sultan, Emir, Ooni. Your obi is just an eastern baale

Before 1914, there was no king in the whole of eastern Nigeria. It was a republican setting with the ofalla or ogbuefi title holders, given to men who made wealth and are respected, these men were leaders of council of elders but NOT KINGS.... NEW Igbo Kingdoms were created there to experiment indirect rule of the British colonialists using traditional rulers to collect taxes, it worked in the north and west because they had functioning kings, but it failed in the east because the new “emergency Kings” had no traditional powers or cultural backbone to effect taxation, that was one of the reasons they had the Aba women riot of 1929, go read your history... today, Igbos, are using nollywood to propagate falsehoods of an igwe and his ancestors that never existed before 1914 grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
mrvitalis:

I am a Share holder in Shell international in the New YorK stock Exchange and the London STock Exchange. Next?

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
hornyofife:

Igbos had no empire because we are not invading salvages like you guys...we lived peacefully within ourselves and neighbors and even intermarried yourself....

But we still had our own civilization far older than any afonja civilization....hehe

Go and read about Igbo ukwu
You had and have no civilization.

Ebolas are feral barbarians

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Ihatepork: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
ogbonti:

Before 1914, there was no king in the whole of eastern Nigeria. Kingdoms were created there to experiment indirect rule of the British colonialists using traditional rulers to collect taxes, it worked in the north and west because the had functioning kings, but it failed in the east because the new “emergency Kings” had no powers to effect taxation, that was one of the reasons we had the Aba women riot of 1929, go read your history... today, Igbos, areusing nollywood to propagate igwe and his ancestors that never existed before 1914 grin

Lmaoooo grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by wristbangle: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
bakynes:

How can Obi of Onitsha be the richest, have you heard of Obateru Akinruntan(Obat Oil), the Olugbo of Ugbo in ilaje town in Ondo state, he has the largest Petroleum tank farm in Africa.

Better learn and do research before making stupid claims.

First of all Obi of Onitsha is not even a First Class king.
Secondly, I don't think he is richer than Ooni of Ife and Oba of Benin. Ooni of Ife is one of the biggest real estate player in the country.

Many Monarch in the Oil producing communities like Obateru are way richer than the Obi of Onitsha.

Some people are not worth quoting bro. U are just massaging his ego by replying him.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Diiet: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
guuudy87:

So he shouldn't go and see what presidential villa looks like abi
if you ask his people

they would tell you yes.

To them it's a taboo for a king to

step out of his palace.

Isn't that funny?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
aribisala0:

You had and have no civilization.

Ebolas are feral barbarians

Empire doesn't mean civilization....

In real sense, what ever empire the yorubas had was under the Benin empire....

In the ancient map of Africa, there was karnem Bornu, Benin and Biafra, where was Oyo or Ife.

There was even Dahomey on the map....
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by dematino(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
Just do online searching on the richest king in Nigeria
hornyofife:

Many of you just talk ignorantly, as for Obi of onitsha's wealth, I cant say much but I can assure you he is one of the most educated monarchs if not the most read...secondly he is also an oil merchant and one of board members of orient petroleum building a refinery in Aguleri in Anambra state, only that he doesn't show off like others....

Again who knows ObAt oil in the Southeast let alone south south and in the north....even in the south west, most of his filling stations are in Ondo state his home state...they are not wide spread..and his oil tank farm(storage) in Lagos is not even quarter that of Ifeanyi Uba which also had a jetty.

As for HornyofIfe .....like my handle, i know the palace very well cos am close to it...I can tell many things you don't know about kabiyesi, but for the respect I have for the family, I will let it die...but don't believe everything you read about him,he has many dark sides you don't want to hear especially, as regards scamming people....the guy is broke just in case you like to know..even his rolls royes was given to him....

In case you like to know also, many Ife sons and daughters only, regard and respect his stool and not him as a person...because they accuse him of defrauding people of their land and money and politicing the stool....

there is a project in Ife where monies(initial down Payment) were collected from people, with the hope of developing mid size houses along Ede road behind parakin ile ife, and those who paid will have their homes on completion and complete their payment subseqently, but till today, foundation for the houses have not even started, peoples monies have all gone and because of his stool, they cannot question him, they all go back the their rooms to nag in regret..

Rather, he use this stool to collect peoples land to build a resort..in his name.(though some say, there is a certain size of land always reserved for the crown)

His real estate firm is not one of the biggest in Lagos not to talk of the country and he is not the sole owner....Nairaland has done a lot in dishing out false hypes mostly by ignorant afonjas who cant even question the decisions of their local government officials, let alone the lies of your so called traditional rulers.....

if he truly was a real estate don like you said, why was his father living in a regular house in eleyele before he became king and he never had a house of his own until the mansion he just built recently in parakin?

Even all through the time he was contesting for his Ooniship, he stayed in conference center inside OAU.

am sure you know kabiyesi still has a case of defrauding the previous Ooni hanging on his neck...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by wristbangle: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
Here we go again comparing Obi of Onitsha to Ooni of Ife or Obat as regards wealth.

Those barking like frustrated dog should Google who is currently the richest monarch in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
dematino:
Just do online searching on the richest king in Nigeria

Stop bugging me, the richest kings are in the north.....

You guys are only good with publicity and media to create impression...that is why you have the most flamboyant weddings with all the tabloids present and the most exaggerating titles yet behind the scenes, you are riddled with debt and liquidation
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by ogbonti: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
bakynes:

In Nigeria as a whole he is not First Class king, yes he is the most respected from the SE region but.

Oba of Benin,Sultan of Sokoto,Ooni of Ife,Alaafin of Oyo,Emir of Kano,Emir of Bornu.

These are the recognized First Class kings in Nigeria,i am sorry if Obi is not there,this is not about sentiments it is a fact.

It is called Shehu of Bornu... you are very correct with this list!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by ogbonti: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
I have read of the Benin Empire, the Oyo Kingdom, Oodua, Kanem-Bornu, bia... where is Onitsha kingdom in history?

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
ogbonti:

I have read of the Benin Empire, the Oyo Kingdom, Oodua, Kanem-Bornu, bia... where is Onitsha kingdom in history?
Go and read about the Eri kingdom......free education is not good for you

Olodo untraveled afonja

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
hornyofife:

Many of you just talk ignorantly, as for Obi of onitsha's wealth, I cant say much but I can assure you he is one of the most educated monarchs if not the most read...secondly he is also an oil merchant and one of board members of orient petroleum building a refinery in Aguleri in Anambra state, only that he doesn't show off like others....

Again who knows ObAt oil in the Southeast let alone south south and in the north....even in the south west, most of his filling stations are in Ondo state his home state...they are not wide spread..and his oil tank farm(storage) in Lagos is not even quarter that of Ifeanyi Uba which also had a jetty.

As for HornyofIfe .....like my handle, i know the palace very well cos am close to it...I can tell many things you don't know about kabiyesi, but for the respect I have for the family, I will let it die...but don't believe everything you read about him,he has many dark sides you don't want to hear especially, as regards scamming people....the guy is broke just in case you like to know..even his rolls royes was given to him....

In case you like to know also, many Ife sons and daughters only, regard and respect his stool and not him as a person...because they accuse him of defrauding people of their land and money and politicing the stool....

there is a project in Ife where monies(initial down Payment) were collected from people, with the hope of developing mid size houses along Ede road behind parakin ile ife, and those who paid will have their homes on completion and complete their payment subseqently, but till today, foundation for the houses have not even started, peoples monies have all gone and because of his stool, they cannot question him, they all go back the their rooms to nag in regret..

Rather, he use this stool to collect peoples land to build a resort..in his name.(though some say, there is a certain size of land always reserved for the crown)

His real estate firm is not one of the biggest in Lagos not to talk of the country and he is not the sole owner....Nairaland has done a lot in dishing out false hypes mostly by ignorant afonjas who cant even question the decisions of their local government officials, let alone the lies of your so called traditional rulers.....

if he truly was a real estate don like you said, why was his father living in a regular house in eleyele before he became king and he never had a house of his own until the mansion he just built recently in parakin?

Even all through the time he was contesting for his Ooniship, he stayed in conference center inside OAU.

am sure you know kabiyesi still has a case of defrauding the previous Ooni hanging on his neck...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

This is the problem with you afonjas, your brain is so tiny like a peanut that you can't think widely or travel out of your region. Obi of Onistsha is not a small boy...go and read his profile. Anybody can own a oil company....nothing special.
We talking about kings that has been for centuries you're here spewing yrash about oneone 21st century British imposed warrant officer metarmophosised into Obi.
Its a known fact that Ebola's have no King.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Yhelay(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
mrvitalis:
Obi worked at SPDC, he has zero stake at SPDC

10 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
Locusstandi:

We talking about kings that has been for centuries you're here spewing yrash about oneone 21st century British imposed warrant officer metarmophosised into Obi.
Its a known fact that Ebola's have no King.

Eri kingdom is the oldest recorded kingdom in Nigeria.....educated illterate, go and do your research....seriously Nigeria is in trouble for not teaching history in school....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
hornyofife:

the guy is broke just in case you like to know..even his rolls royes was given to him....
Was that why Wura left?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
JuanDeDios:

Was that why Wura left?

I don't have to expose everything...my conscience will not allow me...am close to the palace..it will amount to betrayal
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
mrvitalis:

Show me any meeting of top kings in Nigeria without the obi then I take you serious
Oga we are talking about Kings here and not one yeye warrant officers.
Anytime the issue of royalty comes up, Igbo's should keep shut because you never had kings, that's why Kings are not respected in Igbo land.
IPOB have lampooned your so called Obi of Onitsha countless times.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by samuk: 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
aribisala0:
I am a Share holder in Shell international in the New YorK stock Exchange and the London STock Exchange. Next?

That makes you the international richest man in New York and London...Please don't laugh, it's a fact like 1+1 = 2.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Locusstandi:

Oga we are talking about Kings here and not one yeye warrant officers.
Anytime the issue of royalty comes up, Igbo's should keep shut because you never had kings, that's why Kings are not respected in Igbo land.
IPOB have lampooned your so called Obi of Onitsha countless times.

Obi of onitsha, Eze Eri and some igbo traditional institutions in Anioma region of igbo land are older than whatever time of thought for the creation of England....not to talk of the coming of the colonial masters....

We never had kings but some part of igboland do especailly places that had contact with the benins. It was a borrowed culture but were subject to the wishes of their people....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
hornyofife:

Eri kingdom is the oldest recorded kingdom in Nigeria.....educated illterate, go and do your research....seriously Nigeria is in trouble for not teaching history in school....
Oga Igbo enwe Eze (Igbo's have no king).
If you guys had kings why did the british install warrant officers in the east while the north had Emirs and the West Obas. The truth is bitter.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by oodualover: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Obi of onitsha is a second class king. When we mention powerful kings, Obi of onitsha will not be among.

14 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Locusstandi:

If you guys had kings why did the british install warrant officers in the east while the north had Emirs and the West Obas. The truth is bitter.
read my previous post...even with the kings, their decisions were subject to the wishes of the people...they don't decide for the people unlike Yoruba Obas and Emirs.

The interland of igboland was even worse because they didn't have any traditional kings...it was purly clan headship

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by oodualover: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Locusstandi:

It truly is

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) by hornyofife: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
oodualover:
Obi of onitsha is a second class king. When we mention powerful kings, Obi of onitsha will not be among.

Pictures tell a thousand words....if indeed he was a second class, you god will not be running to fams him..it would have been the other way round

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Senators May Oppose Buhari’s $1bn Security Equipment Fund -saraki / Buhari’s Greatest Achievement So Far Is The Harrasment Of PDP, Says Fayose. / President Buhari Campaigns In Niger State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.