Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (32819 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
DonDemu:
Which kyn confusing and incomprehensible story be dis?

Don't Expect Me To Type A Long Story
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Rilwantalarape:

Bro, I understand your pain but I would advice you visit him in Abuja to hear his story out if he's living comfortable, but if he's not, maybe he's just scared of returning home without nothing after travelling abroad for so many years. Believe me, I've seen a man here too, he's been here for almost 20 years, he's living hand to mouth, had a conversation with him some few months back and he said he would rather die here because he has no family member back home because his Mum and dad are late whereas he's got a wife, a son and some siblings back home in Nigeria which he showed me their pictures. A friend and I offered to pay his flight back home and give him some money to start up a business in Nigeria, he said "NO" cos he's got nothing to show for all his years abroad... And that's just one of many cases.

Thank You Bro For Your Advice. When I Spoke With Him, He Ran Back To Abuja To Continue His Pursuit Of His Certificate And Cash Prize, Which We All Advised Him To Forget And Start A New Life
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Coldfeets: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
What kind of badly told story is this? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
Awoofawo:
Your Dad must have a valid reason for running back to Abuja..............You said some folks planned to kill him in the past and you also stated that he was scheme out of his Scholarship benefit.

Why not try to meet him in Abuja instead....your father is probably afraid of someone in your own state of origin or community. Don't just blame him, try and find out what real chase him away in the first place....the unfortunate truth is you maybe more sad after discovering the truth. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

The enemies of your father maybe someone every close to you............... wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

His Enemies Are Very Close.
he Ran Back 2 Continue His Search - Certificate And Cash Prize.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
Prognose:

For the love of Pete!

Are you so inconsiderate?

Dont you understand that people are trying to kill him?

Don't you know they might even trace your movements to him if he communicates with you too frequently?

Shebi you have managed to stay alive all these years without his input, guy, find a way to visit him once in while if the thing is doing you too much. If not, free him. Don't let his enemies succeed because you want to be seeing your daddy.

That's how a former commissioner of delta state was assassinated in his house because he wasn't careful enough. Guy, get your head out of the clouds and be a man!

Bro, I'm Really Sorry If You Misunderstood The Post.

He Ran Back To Continue His Search For His Award And Cash Prize.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by stonecoldcafe: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
Rozaytee:
wen I want to get married I will tell my in-laws.... everything that happened...... cus searching might be a total waste of time

It is well

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Prognose: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Bro, I'm Really Sorry If You Misunderstood The Post.

He Ran Back To Continue His Search For His Award And Cash Prize.
Ah, really

I'm speechless sad
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Aristotle96(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
miqos03:
its nice he met his father after 24years
but you didn't read the part where the man ran away
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by urchpath(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
What if he needs some psycgiatric evaluation
He could be having PTSD - Post traumatic stress Disorder or Paranoid delusion.
If yes, then he is definitely not acting within the right frame of his mind.
Next time u meet him. Take him for a psychiatric consultation. My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
urchpath:
What if he needs some psycgiatric evaluation
He could be having PTSD - Post traumatic stress Disorder or Paranoid delusion.
If yes, then he is definitely not acting within the right frame of his mind.
Next time u meet him. Take him for a psychiatric consultation. My 2 cents

Thanks Bro
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by adecz: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
This your story is too disjointed
to be understood by any rational person,

I hope you are not on gbana or any
other mind altering substances..

Only ppl on substances can offer any
advice based on this narrative... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Funkybabee(f): 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
First go and meet him nah....you are a man not kid...meet him to know his state of mind
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by tiwiex(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
soberdrunk:
I don't understand, what is he doing in Abuja? Does he have another family? The story is not well told.....
Exactly. Somehow, I figured he found his dad but jumped straight to Rivers and back to Abuja.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by bastien: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

They Actually Tried To Kill Him, But That Was In 1994
that says it all, he is still scared of the place, I pray God touch his heart to see things differently
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by hybee53(m): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
have a classmate with this exact type of story, but her father died not coming back. when they got to her father house to pack his properties,only books and lantern was the only property they can pack. she later graduated with a first class.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Rilwantalarape(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Thank You Bro For Your Advice. When I Spoke With Him, He Ran Back To Abuja To Continue His Pursuit Of His Certificate And Cash Prize, Which We All Advised Him To Forget And Start A New Life

Who Certificate help in this modern World. Advice him to just forget whatever cash price or whatever, it's never too late to start afresh and being broke or poor is just the mind, he's got the necessary knowledge and I'm pretty sure he can start from somewhere, those who wallow in the past never get things done, cos I'm even pretty sure the cash prize no fit reach $50k which is less than N20m "so why keep chasing air".. I'll also advice you to move on too bro, you're still in your twenties and this is when to really hustle for the future and not chasing an "imaginary" dad now, just make money and give him happiness after...

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
You never meet your father for the past 24yrs,your mother told you that he wrote to the former President Jonathan and was invited yo ABUJA,and was assigned gvt official but nothing happened.
Yet,you claimed that your mother do not know where he lives that you have to searched yourself.

How did your mom able to know about his meeting with gej?

How long gej left office?

.And what role does omehia have to play in this matter?

When did your father finished his programs, I mean what year?

Do you mean to said your father's problem is 24yrs?

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:
Dear Nairalanders: I Need Your Matured Advice.

I Don't Need To Create A Different Moniker Coz Life Is Unfair.

Take Time To Read And Offer Your Best Advice.

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

I Don't Know How He Feeds, Cloth Or Where He Resides (Exact Location).

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

My Mom Is Suffering - Emotionally And Otherwise.

How Can I Handle This Situation?

Have I Not Tried My Best?

I Am More Than Confused.

ogbeni iffam u berra row ur own boat jor
no time

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Awoofawo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

His Enemies Are Very Close.

he Ran Back 2 Continue His Search - Certificate And Cash Prize.

At the bold, seems you already formed opinion about your father's character, without you even getting close enough to real known him...... Just have this in mind: "The Devil may want to uses you as a cane to flog him, but when he finish doing so, same cane will be uses on you."

We Yoruba said: Abo oro laso fun Omoluabi, bo ba de inu e adi pupo ( We only use few words to advice an intelligent child, because we know, when he assimilate them, they become fountain of wisdom in him).

At 24 years you still young to get involve in something too complicate like, especially when you don't have all the details of what happened in the past..... Just tread carefully so as not to be sweep away with the tidal wave your action may trigger! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Richy4(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
OP, I guess U didn't attend literature in English class while in college... while trying to avoid giving out too much information, U left so many vital information that would have helped your case... Making the readers more confused...

Besides, U can't uproot some one from his comfort zone and deposit him in a place where he is scared for his life ..it's only NYSC officials that does that..

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

I Am More Than Confused.

[/quote]
What a story bro. So sorry but I believe you need to put yourself in your dad's shoes.

Who wants him dead? What did he do or refuse to do? Are his fears valid? Have you confirmed this from his family and friends? Is it a case of village arrow or hallucination brought on by a medical condition? If his fears are valid, then allow him be in his spot at Abuja. I mean, if someone wants a man dead and he strongly believes this, taking him to that spot or state is worsening things.

Go and visit your dad in Abuja once in a while. Let the man be at peace and you too learn to give yourself peace. If he didn't take care of you since and you are standing tall then trust me, you'll be fine. Don't worry about what he didn't do these past years. You are lucky you even found your dad. Some die without knowing a thing. Give yourself rest I say again.

God bless you bro

I strongly recommend the above advice and the likes judging by the little bit of information in your story..

Life is what we make it.. when it gives you lemon, go on and make lemonade with it.. your dad is a grown man.. there must have been reasons for his actions. Go to Abuja, develop a good relationship with him, find out what actually happened, or what is currently happening... Help him however you can, if you can.. but whatever happens, give yourself peace.. you are a man now.. so it's your turn to live... live your life my friend.. 24years is good enough.. God has preserved you.. you can be everything you want to be..
More courage bro..
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Ishilove: 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
If I tell you I understand this story I will be lying.

3 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by dnawah(m): 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

ABOUT MY FATHER.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

I Am More Than Confused.

my brother blood is thicker than water.take this mater to the church,may be tb Joshua.they do am that tin for village.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by seanery: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
You be Werey...., must everytin be prayer

kingzjay:
Quite pathetic though! I feel your pains. In as much as you're trying your best, do not rule out prayers. God can soften his heart.

It is well. Just don't let this deter you. Be strong and courage. Above all, never give up
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Okinqz01(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

ABOUT MY FATHER.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

I Am More Than Confused.

try to know his problem before having meetings with family members or ex Governor, something is hidden
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
dnawah:
my brother blood is thicker than water.take this mater to the church,may be tb Joshua.they do am that tin for village.

That Is What Everybody Is Saying. The Man No Dey Behave With Him Clear Eye.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by KevMitnick: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Akin1212:
From the story you just told us, it's certain you don't KNOW your father. You only met him and heard about him.

As a man, go and meet him in Abuja and hear his story, stop dancing to the tunes of your family members who want him back home.

And again, stop dragging him back to where he ran from. It's his life they want not yours.
Exactly my thoughts. Op should go and hear his father's own side of the story in a very safe and calm atmosphere. People avoid areas where they have experienced trauma.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by aalangel(f): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

ABOUT MY FATHER.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

I Am More Than Confused.

Your story is incoherent.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by madgoat(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
How can the father be so obsessed with getting the cash prize and award after so many years. This story doesn't add up at all and the OP cannot get any reasonable advice except he retells the story the way it actually is and be more explicit.
Also i hope its not that the father has a mental breakdown or something because excessive obsession is a psychological disorder.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Abagworo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Counseling Someone Who Doesn't Take Or Listen To Advice? Bro, If It's For Counselling, Many Family Friends Have Tries Their Best.

He Ran Back To Abuja To Continue His Search For His Award And Cash Prize, Which He Was Counseled To Forget And Start A Fresh/New.

Your Dad is suffering from a trauma which is very difficult to handle. He might be a genius and geniuses do have some element of mental deprivation that makes their IQ way higher than average human. Whatever you do just bare in mind that your Dad needs counseling from experts who can make him realize that his money is gone and save him from further qualms
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Xisnin(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Bro, You Don't Understand The Pain Of Growing Up Without A Father, Especially When You Have 1 And You Don't Know His Whereabout.
I'm Not A Kid. the Fact I Brought This Here Is bcoz The Pressure Is Much Now

You still don't get it, you can't force a full-grown man to do your bidding.
He has chosen his path and he has his life to live which he obviously prefer.
He is not some kind of prodigal son that needs to be brought back home.

You will realise this later, even if you are able to force him to stay.
The only way your struggle will make sense is if you are certain that
he has mental issues and he is not himself, in that case, the humane
thing to do is to offer him help.
I expect those pressuring you to lead the way because he should be the
one seeking to be in your good books and not the other way around.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by sisisioge: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2017
Hmmm...I think you should leave him alone. Let him be. May God continue to care for you and yours. It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.