Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22418 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
blingxx:

Deadshot - Deadpool... Marvel have been copying DC characters since 1939

You mean deadstroke, not deadshot

well aquaman was also copied from namor the sub mariner, so DC copied too, there r some others also.

atom was gotten from antman too
commander steel from captain america
atomic skull copied from ghost rider
Lord Havok from Dr. Doom

the list goes on and on, the only thing is marvel copied but improved on it like deadpool he is funny and as well want to kill u, but death stoke just want to kill u and not funny at all.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BalogunIdowu(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
Well am marvel, the fact is marvel has been on the screen with various movies reckoned over time...DC movies are just becoming reckoned with too and they are doing fine but the gap can't be easily bridged
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by obonujoker(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
3mmyz:

Hulk would defeat Superman any day, he's the meteor rock (green) alone

Hulk wey no fit beat Thor??

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by kinggSamuel(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
I Prefer marvel movies and I will explain With 2 reasons. 1. The MCU. started in 2008 setting up one successful superhero movie after another before everything culminated in the avengers in 2012,2015 with another one coming in 2019. The marvel team steadily set up their cinematic universe introducing one character after another and all this is what made the avengers to Succed astronomically. DC on the other hand released man of steel in 2011 and bcoz the wanted to rush up a cinematic universe. They produced BvS, suicide squad. Suicide squad was a team up produced without adequately introducing the characters individually.
2. DC movies are too dark and dull. BvS was the crescendo. It looked as if it was covered with a dark green filter through out. When someone settles down and buys a movie ticket or downloads a movie he wants to catch fun, laugh and enjoy bright scenery seldomly does he want to brood and unravel mysteries. It worked for the Dark Knight because the batman is associated with darkness, fear and seriousness. Other DC films should be fun and colourful. Thor Ragnarok and guardians of the galaxy 2 are taking in millions with Thor at 750m Dollars And counting and guardians at 890m dollars. The avengers made 1.5 b dollars and with the way justice league is going It will not make more than 900m dollars at the box office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by anibirelawal(m): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
stano2:
MARVEL!!!! Love X-men sequel scatter then Elektra Blade Dare devil
VERY CORRECT BRO. i just love the DARE DEVIL & ELEKTRA.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by obatoro: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

No difference, they've been copying each other since 1939.

Flash - Quicksilver
Martian - Manhunter
Antman - Atom
Thanos - Darkseid
Dr Fate - Dr Strange
Banshee - Silver Banshee
Booster Gold - Long Shot
Hawkman - Angel
Clayface - Sandman
Moon Knight - Dark Knight
The list is long so dere gawa zie

I read a lot of DC and Marvel comics when i was growing up. They are copying each other, you said it right.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
kinggSamuel:
I Prefer marvel movies and I will explain With 2 reasons. 1. The MCU. started in 2008 setting up one successful superhero movie after another before everything culminated in the avengers in 2012,2015 with another one coming in 2019. The marvel team steadily set up their cinematic universe introducing one character after another and all this is what made the avengers to Succed astronomically. DC on the other hand released man of steel in 2011 and bcoz the wanted to rush up a cinematic universe. They produced BvS, suicide squad. Suicide squad was a team up produced without adequately introducing the characters individually.
2. DC movies are too dark and dull. BvS was the crescendo. It looked as if it was covered with a dark green filter through out. When someone settles down and buys a movie ticket or downloads a movie he wants to catch fun, laugh and enjoy bright scenery seldomly does he want to brood and unravel mysteries. It worked for the Dark Knight because the batman is associated with darkness, fear and seriousness. Other DC films should be fun and colourful. Thor Ragnarok and guardians of the galaxy 2 are taking in millions with Thor at 750m Dollars And counting and guardians at 890m dollars. The avengers made 1.5 b dollars and with the way justice league is going It will not make more than 900m dollars at the box office.

Bro u r on point, DC is making there movies too dark and making it base on batman character, its not suppose to be so.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by danvon(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel for movies DC for cartoons
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
For those shouting marvel copied pls visit this links and know that both Marvel n DC have been copying each other and more since.

https://www.quora.com/Which-characters-have-DC-copied-from-Marvel
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by obatoro: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
sontoly:
For those shouting marvel copied pls visit this links and know that both Marvel n DC have been copying each other and more since.

https://www.quora.com/Which-characters-have-DC-copied-from-Marvel

You are right its been vice versa all the way.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Kingsley121(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
I slept off while seeing BVS and Suicide Squad to me was really wack, only wonder woman was a lil bit above par

The hand to hand combat in Captain america(winter soldier) was lit, awesome and off the hook.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by quickly: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
ihatebuhari:
Who is Allah? Oh Arabia sun god.

Marvel for me
]]u meant to say arabian moon god just like sango is god of thunder

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by bejeria101(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
babasolo:
I prefer marvel movies. DC,wonder woman is a piece of shiit, although i love suicide squad.

Na wa for you with the reviews it had? Guy pls stick to nollywood and leave the movies for us. Ah naija una wahala too much

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by quickly: 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
Justice league over make sense

both are good

these stories have been in existence

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
sontoly:

yeah like batman almost killed supper man if not for martha

The BVS movie storyline was fake, another reason why the movie was crap. This is the real Batman Vs Superman fight that the movie tried to copy but created a fake illustration. In the real story, Superman had been ordered by the government to arrest Batman for his vigilante impunity, something nobody else they sent before succeeded at doing. Batman however, refused to be arrested, hence the cause of the Batman Vs Superman fight. But Batman was still Superman’s best friend, so Superman didn’t want to hurt him, he held back all through the fight. Batman was fully prepared but all that tech couldn’t save him. Even with holding back, Superman could have easily killed him. 3 ribs were broken already, his over-protective metallic suit has been torn apart, anymore hard hits from Superman and Batman would have died. But Batman, already prepared for that outcome of near defeat, and had Robin waiting around to fire a new weapon at Superman - Kryptonite dust, not just the stone. Which meant Superman would inhale it and automatically get neutralized but even at that point, Superman could still kill him, and also at that point, Superman was pretty much done fighting already anyway because he already saw through X-ray Batman was seconds away from a heart attack. Batman didn’t know, was almost bragging that he beat Superman with his ingenious weaponization of Kryptonite into Kryptonite dust. In the end, Batman collapses and Superman takes him away for medical attention. As always, Superman was the last man standing = Superman won the fight, not the fake story that the movie portrayed about a stupid “Martha” bromance between the two grin. DC Comics and cartoons have the correct storylines, but DC movies storylines are usually too distorted from the original comics and cartoons, and that’s one of the main reasons Marvel movies are far better right now.

The Real BVS fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6l39BR_FM (part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYmDcNCGKs (part 2)

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
obonujoker:

Hulk wey no fit beat Thor??
grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by khalhokage(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Let me use this medium to say Allah is the only way. This is just a reminder.

Fûck Allah, he's a piece of shịt.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by khalhokage(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

The BVS movie storyline was fake, another reason why the movie was crap. This is the real Batman Vs Superman fight that the movie tried to copy but created a fake illustration. In the real story, Superman had been ordered by the government to arrest Batman for his vigilante impunity, something nobody else they sent before succeeded at doing. Batman however, refused to be arrested, hence the cause of the Batman Vs Superman fight. But Batman was still Superman’s best friend, so Superman didn’t want to hurt him, he held back all through the fight. Batman was fully prepared but all that tech couldn’t save him. Even with holding back, Superman could have easily killed him. 3 ribs were broken already, his over-protective metallic suit has been torn apart, anymore hard hits from Superman and Batman would have died. But Batman, already prepared for that outcome of near defeat, and had Robin waiting around to fire a new weapon at Superman - Kryptonite dust, not just the stone. Which meant Superman would inhale it and automatically get neutralized but even at that point, Superman could still kill him, and also at that point, Superman was pretty much done fighting already anyway because he already saw through X-ray Batman was seconds away from a heart attack. Batman didn’t know, was almost bragging that he beat Superman with his ingenious weaponization of Kryptonite into Kryptonite dust. In the end, Batman collapses and Superman takes him away for medical attention. As always, Superman was the last man standing = Superman won the fight, not the fake story that the movie portrayed about a stupid “Martha” bromance between the two grin. DC Comics and cartoons have the correct storylines, but DC movies storylines are usually too distorted from the original comics and cartoons, and that’s one of the main reasons Marvel movies are far better right now.

The Real BVS fight:

The Dark Knight returns part 2, this is my favourite DC movie to date animated or not, The Joker's death scene in this movie was top notch.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by PeacenLove2: 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ooooh weeeell, they both have their moments. grin
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
periphetes:
As for me Marvel all the way, there movies beginning to the end action packed (watch Deadpool so horrific & funny grin grin) .. Marvel as got Best realistic technology that could exist.

I wonder at times who's gonna beat the crap out of the other between

HULK (marvel) VS Superman (Dc)

Watcha ya think?
They have fought a couple of times in comics and Superman always wins.
And before u asked about Superman v Thor, Superman took Thor out with a single punch in JLA vs Avengers story arc. The Avengers didn't find that funny and they all descended on Superman with a vengeance.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by bigrich911(m): 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
DC all the way, Dark knight triology eclipses all of Marvel's, apart from xmen 1 and 2 the rest didn't really do well. Incredible hulk, avengers and captain America, Dr strange failed wodlefully the greatest super hero movie is dark knight with Keith Ledger as the JOKER

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
periphetes:
As for me Marvel all the way, there movies beginning to the end action packed (watch Deadpool so horrific & funny grin grin) .. Marvel as got Best realistic technology that could exist.

I wonder at times who's gonna beat the crap out of the other between

HULK (marvel) VS Superman (Dc) .
Watcha ya think?

They have fought a couple of times in comics and Superman always wins.
And before u asked about Superman v Thor, Superman took Thor out with a single punch in JLA vs Avengers story arc. The Avengers didn't find that funny and they all descended on Superman with a vengeance

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Ashley86400: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
I'm a DC fan.

This thread will go a long way so I will just try to summarize it all according to user ratings,critics rating and my ratings. .I'll use a few movies as examples.

Note that I'm making this review based on the movies, not comics. .I repeat, the movies, not the comics. .before fanatical fanboys attack me. The comics are pretty OK.

DC-Mixed reviews
Live action-

Good -Wonder woman, Batman

Fair-
Superman

Superman vs Batman- do i even need to say more ? Awful. .

Justice League. .fair enough.. even Khal Drogo. .or should I say Jason Momoa as Aquaman couldn't save it.

Terrible (Suicide Squad - Jared Leto destroyed Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker from the cunning deranged genius into a boring, bland joke of a Joker)

Catwoman

Animation- Very good, Excellent

DC wins this one hands down.

Superman

Superman vs Doomsday

Superman vs The Flash

Wonder Woman

The Flash

Justice League- War

Justice League- Wonder Woman.

Justice League - The Flashpoint Paradox

Justice League- Green Lantern

Justice League -Gods and Monsters

Injustice- Gods among Us

Injustice 2.

Now to Marvel. .it's the basic reverse.

Live Action -Very good, Excellent.

Very Good-

Thor.

Spiderman.

Excellent

The X-Men

Ironman

The Avengers

Captain America

Deadpool

Animation - Fair, Good

Fair-

X-Men

Thor

Good-

Spiderman

Avengers

In all. .just a few of DC's movies, with exception of Batman and more recently, Wonder Woman. reach the box office success DC aims for. .
Their animated movies on the other hand, are usually amazing.

Marvel has the upper hand in live action block busters and frequent box office hits. . .but their animated movies kind of suck compared to DC which built it's empire of animated action movies.

Plus Marvel are copycats. .

Deadpool is a better merge of DC's Deadshot and Deathstroke.

Quicksilver is a poorer merge of The Flash.

So in the spirit of fairness, I'll call it a tie.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by quickly: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

The Real BVS fight:

watch justice league

but as u know krypton is supermans one weakness

even a baby holding krypton can kill superman

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Mikebrown(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
I can't believe people watch the comedy show that is marvel movies and say it is awesome. wake up and smell the coffee DC rules.
marvel fans compare any of your movies to the Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan #demnorbemate

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

The Real BVS fight:

Lol, the story of who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman always generate lots of heated arguments internationally between the numerous fans of both heroes. But objectively it's clear there is no way Batman can beat Superman, no matter the tech or weapons employed.
For the BvS movie, Batman winning that fight was one of rhe major draw back of that movie. The fault actually falls on the interference from Warner Brothers as always on all DC movies. They wanted Batman to win because he has greater fan base, so it was all about making money. But the story was poorly written.
You should have noticed that the cartoon version story was much better than the movie, same with all DC stories. Look at Green Lantern first flight cartoon, the story was much better than the movie, Same with Wonder Woman, the cartoon and the movie.
DC has great stories and caetoons but movie wise they continue to floop.
If DC will make it in the movies, they have to take the part Marvel is taking and stop the interference from Warner Brothers
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
quickly:

watch justice league

but as u know krypton is supermans one weakness

even a baby holding krypton can kill superman

That is not absolutely correct, it is just to make the story worth reading. Superman has several other abilities to compensate for the weakness of krytonite. With his superspeed, he can easily overwhelm an enemy using krytonite. For example in one of the cartoon episode of Justice League unlimited, Supergirl was able to beat an enemy who shot her with a krytonite gun using superspeed. Apart from that, Superman has fought and defeated Metallo several times, and Metallo has a krytonite heart or he is powered by krytonite.
You should also know that with time Superman was able to overcome his weakness for krytonite (just like the green lanterns overcame their rings' weakness to yellow color). The kingdom come Superman is immune to krytonite (He is a much older Superman who had outgrown his krytonite weakness)
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by PeacenLove2: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Apollux:

That is not absolutely correct, it is just to make the story worth reading. Superman has several other abilities to compensate for the weakness of krytonite. With his superspeed, he can easily overwhelm an enemy using krytonite. For example in one of the cartoon episode of Justice League unlimited, Supergirl was able to beat an enemy who shot her with a krytonite gun using superspeed. Apart from that, Superman has fought and defeated Metallo several times, and Metallo has a krytonite heart or he is powered by krytonite.
You should also know that with time Superman was able to overcome his weakness for krytonite (just like the green lanterns overcame their rings' weakness to yellow color). The kingdom come Superman is immune to krytonite (He is a much older Superman who had outgrown his krytonite weakness)

Okay, maybe I'm a little off here but I seriously thought kryptonite just makes superman ordinary and lose his abilities but he could still take anyone on Mano -o -Mano?

I like some of DCS but I think I will go for Marvels. Hand down!!!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by quickly: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Apollux:

Doomsday was a kryptonian and he only could be destroyed with a spear with kryptonite edge in dawn of justice league

All kryptonians are weak in presence of kryptonite
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by lovely17(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel through and through DC issa joke
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by bencr7: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
I prefer marvel in movies,but DC in seasonal and cartoon .
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by lobiologs(m): 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
dominique:
None smiley

Both are over hyped over budgeted movies filled with unrealistic effects.

You want realistic effects then go to a science fair or a magic show, but please don't yab the movies that came to be because of super heroes we grew up loving due to the fact that the realistic heroes have all died out...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vacancy / Big Brother Africa Made N7billion / Nini Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.