Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22424 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Mikebrown:
I can't believe people watch the comedy show that is marvel movies and say it is awesome. wake up and smell the coffee DC rules.
marvel fans compare any of your movies to the Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan #demnorbemate

Oga that comedy show rakes in millions, by far marvel got the public what it wants, DC r selfish on there own part, if u thinks marvel puts in too much humor how come DC just copied them by trying to make the flash funny and putting more jokes in justice league?.

The reason why Batman dark knight succeded was not as a result of batman but cos of the maniac joker, who brought craziness and comedy to it.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
quickly:

watch justice league

but as u know krypton is supermans one weakness

even a baby holding krypton can kill superman

Kryptonite makes him weak, not powerless! Besides, Superman usually holds back, such that at 100% strength, he’s using like 10% and at 10% he is defeating villains like Grundy, Mongul (who beat the hell out of WonderWoman as strong and skillful as she is - beat her till she couldn’t move). So even with a Kryptonite attack, Superman can still outmuscle many powerful villains. He beat Metallo easy, and Metallo’s body is powered by Kryptonite, with a laser focus Kryptonite beam.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, the story of who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman always generate lots of heated arguments internationally between the numerous fans of both heroes. But objectively it's clear there is no way Batman can beat Superman, no matter the tech or weapons employed.
For the BvS movie, Batman winning that fight was one of rhe major draw back of that movie. The fault actually falls on the interference from Warner Brothers as always on all DC movies. They wanted Batman to win because he has greater fan base, so it was all about making money. But the story was poorly written.
You should have noticed that the cartoon version story was much better than the movie, same with all DC stories. Look at Green Lantern first flight cartoon, the story was much better than the movie, Same with Wonder Woman, the cartoon and the movie.
DC has great stories and caetoons but movie wise they continue to floop.
If DC will make it in the movies, they have to take the part Marvel is taking and stop the interference from Warner Brothers

Very true! They need to stick to the comic book / animated cartoons storylines, with only little changes to form their movie scripts. But they keep deviating too much

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Rule #1: never make Superman very angry
Rule #2: Superman gets very angry when you knockout Batman grin grin grin

Here’s Superman knocking off Darkseid (the most evil genius and top 5 most powerful villain in DC universe! One on one, no Justice League member can beat Darkseid, except Superman. Darkseid beats even WonderWoman like a baby real quick. The only villain in Marvel universe that can possibly beat Darkseid are the likes of Galactus maybe. Even Braniac in DC was outsmarted by Darkseid. Superman is just the greatest anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cG4BNJBXBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTg7ROPssc
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by wayne4loan: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
Since the nolan brother left dc comics , things have fallen apart ... The dark knight series has been the best comic series for years because of the way christopher nolan portrayed the story , he brought maturity and human-factor into a batman story that was very boring and unrealistic 4 decades .

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Topmaike007(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
Dc any time any day
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Feraz(m): 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Here’s Superman knocking off Darkseid (the most evil genius and top 5 most powerful villain in DC universe! One on one, no Justice League member can beat Darkseid, except Superman. Darkseid beats even WonderWoman like a baby real quick. The only villain in Marvel universe that can possibly beat Darkseid are the likes of Galactus maybe. Even Braniac in DC was outsmarted by Darkseid. Superman is just the greatest anywhere.

He was the first even to survive Darkseid's omega beam and also defeated Braniac (second to Jor El I think).

Apollux:

Lol, the story of who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman always generate lots of heated arguments internationally between the numerous fans of both heroes. But objectively it's clear there is no way Batman can beat Superman, no matter the tech or weapons employed.
For the BvS movie, Batman winning that fight was one of rhe major draw back of that movie. The fault actually falls on the interference from Warner Brothers as always on all DC movies. They wanted Batman to win because he has greater fan base, so it was all about making money. But the story was poorly written.
You should have noticed that the cartoon version story was much better than the movie, same with all DC stories. Look at Green Lantern first flight cartoon, the story was much better than the movie, Same with Wonder Woman, the cartoon and the movie.
DC has great stories and caetoons but movie wise they continue to floop.
If DC will make it in the movies, they have to take the part Marvel is taking and stop the interference from Warner Brothers
Thank you sir! I was not ready for this long argument so i just wrote the least I could. After watching the movie, I was pissed because that wasn't what I have read about. Why add Doomsday, parademons, WW and Lex all in one particular movie? Even the doomsday was not like the normal one we have always known.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by jeffjoker: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
If marvel is Cristiano Ronaldo then DC is yakubu aiyegbeni
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Desmondeo10: 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Blackops(m): 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
Awati m Marvel

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

DC began comics before Marvel did, and DC has better storylines and production in comics and cartoons, but Marvel just somehow has been making better movies than DC since maybe after Christopher Reeves’ Superman but then in the new millennium, with the new Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Avengers movie productions, they just skyrocketed well above DC movies, and still on top till today.
Yea..they started before marvel and they still did crap...go check the other batman movies in the 1900s,it did really poor and if not the worst in the series things started getting better in the 2000s.and that allowed the genre of movie widely accepted was cause of rami's spiderman..so marvl has been hitting the right spot when it comes to movies.but I can't day that about their series cause those are kinda wack..if you look at DC arrowverse..you will see they created a universe with that and the storyline is I amazing but when it comes to the big screen..it is off point..was kinda expecting them to use the arrowverse into a big screen and also cyborg is not menat to be in the justice league now..it is meant to martin manhunter.but whatever na them sabi..DC focuses on batman and Superman thereby abandoning projects on other superheros.and the world is tires of that crap.they just gave wonder woman a tryout and that is the highest grossing superhero movie of all time.(for now).and marvel focuses on the characters origins. Thereby allowing us yo understand the characters even more....I guess their are both good but marvel and an upper hand..
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
jeffjoker:

Nice uppercut grin
jeffjoker:

Nice uppercut
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Very true! They need to stick to the comic book / animated cartoons storylines, with only little changes to form their movie scripts. But they keep deviating too much
The problem is not with DC and their creative teams but with Warner Brothers, who owns DC. They interfere too much with the movies unlike the cartoons. They put too much restrictions to the stories and acting.
The reason Marvel is succeeding is that they own the studio, the storeies, everything. They don't have restrictions from anyone, so no limitations to how far they can take their creativities in movies.
Take for example the Antman movie, if it were to be DC, Warner Brothers will never allow them to make a movie about a character that is little known in the comics. But Marvel made the movie and it was highly successful.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Blackops:
Awati m Marvel
Wow I have always loved Deathstroke the Terminator ( Slade Wilson who, I'm sorry to say Deathpool copied from.). This image is ok but I think his portrayal in the Arrow 2nd season looks more badass

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
thapukka:

Yea..they started before marvel and they still did crap...go check the other batman movies in the 1900s,it did really poor and if not the worst in the series things started getting better in the 2000s.and that allowed the genre of movie widely accepted was cause of rami's spiderman..so marvl has been hitting the right spot when it comes to movies.but I can't day that about their series cause those are kinda wack..if you look at DC arrowverse..you will see they created a universe with that and the storyline is I amazing but when it comes to the big screen..it is off point..was kinda expecting them to use the arrowverse into a big screen and also cyborg is not menat to be in the justice league now..it is meant to martin manhunter.but whatever na them sabi..DC focuses on batman and Superman thereby abandoning projects on other superheros.and the world is tires of that crap.they just gave wonder woman a tryout and that is the highest grossing superhero movie of all time.(for now).and marvel focuses on the characters origins. Thereby allowing us yo understand the characters even more....I guess their are both good but marvel and an upper hand..
Please take not that the first Spiderman movies were not done by Marvel but by either Sony or fox. They sold the right to some of their characters like Spiderman, fantastic four and x-men to Sony studios. The first Marvel made movie was Iron man.
Beside DC movies has had some very good success in the past. The first Superman story by Christopher Reeves was very successful.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Smith35(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel

ehemwhy:
Marvel all the way ....which of them owns Dr Strange ?
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Smith35(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
DC in my opinion are still in learning mode. Non of their top notch movies breaks it like Wonder woman and that I must say is a hell of a breakthrough. I didn't expect it from DC but wonder woman gave me the shocker. Superman is d MOST useless of their superheroes. No brains, only strength and he doesn't even utilize his abilities properly. Marvel cuts through it all and will always have my vote. Black panther movie is looming and its definitely gonna break banks.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by repogirl(f): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel all the way..... DC tried with Wonder woman but Marvel movies are so on point...except Spiderman: Home coming which was just there IMO.

I haven't seen the new JL movie yet but rushed to see THOR: Ragnarok same week it was released, and ofcourse, it didn't disappoint!

Eagerly awaiting Black Panther and Infinity war!

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by repogirl(f): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

@ Larrysun, pls send the link of this comment to the other Larry. grin
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Feraz(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
Apollux:

The problem is not with DC and their creative teams but with Warner Brothers, who owns DC. They interfere too much with the movies unlike the cartoons. They put too much restrictions to the stories and acting.
The reason Marvel is succeeding is that they own the studio, the storeies, everything. They don't have restrictions from anyone, so no limitations to how far they can take their creativities in movies.
Take for example the Antman movie, if it were to be DC, Warner Brothers will never allow them to make a movie about a character that is little known in the comics. But Marvel made the movie and it was highly successful.
No wonder. . .just like they cut many scenes in Harry Potter.

repogirl:
Marvel all the way..... DC tried with Wonder woman but Marvel movies are so on point...except Spiderman: Home coming which was just there IMO.

I haven't seen the new JL movie yet but rushed to see THOR: Ragnarok same week it was released, and ofcourse, it didn't disappoint!

Aha!!! Black Panther! One of my favourite in the Marvel world. I really can't wait too.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by francizy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel dwarfs DC by far!!! As a matter of fact, if DC only ever did just dead pool and guardians of the galaxy, they'd still have outperformed DC's craps.

The only good movie from DC is suicide squad..
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by francizy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Rubbish!!! It seems you don't even know that the failure that DC is experiencing in the movie industry is the unrealistic nature of their useless characters.. No matter how strong a Marvel character is, there will still be some elements of reality attached to such a character to make watching such a character enjoyable. Young and old will enjoy Marvel but DC is meant for children who dwell in the fantasy world.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by francizy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2017
repogirl:

Repogirl, how far na? Longest time
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BlackManta(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hanabian:
It's funny how all the peeps shouting X-men didn't know it is not a Marvel Franchise... Bunch of ignorants forming comic lovers!!

Dont mind them.
They are also shouting Spiderman and Deadpool.

Deadpool is a marvel character from the comic but the movie was not produced by marvel.
It is not a marvel movie, it belongs to Fox (21st Century Fox).

Xmen movies are not in marvel movies franchise.
It was produced by Fox.
Marvel only produced the comic but they have nothing to do with the movie.

Spiderman.
The first Spiderman 1-3 is not marvel.
It was produced by Sony.
The second Spiderman Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 is not a marvel movie.
It belongs to Sony.

The only spiderman movie produced by marvel was this year's Homecoming and it's not better Sony's Spiderman 1-3.

And OP is talking about movie not comic.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Orpe7(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel for movies
DC for cartoons

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by franklingud(m): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
Which of them own spiderman?

That one don win.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BlackManta(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
franklingud:
Which of them own spiderman?

That one don win.

Sony owns Spiderman 1-3 and Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2.

Marvel owns Spideman Homecoming.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by LarrySun(m): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
repogirl:
@ Larrysun, pls send this link to the other Larry. grin
Sent.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by repogirl(f): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
LarrySun:
Sent.
cheesy Thanks!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by decepticos(m): 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
BlackManta:

Fox owns Spiderman 1-3 and Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2.

Marvel owns Spideman Homecoming.
i guess u mean Sony not Fox, Fox owns much of the Xmen including Logan, Deadpool and Legion i guess thats why they (marvel) are pushing for a successful Marvel's The Inhumans. Sorry When you say Deadpool is an improvement to The Terminator (Deathstroke) i wonder how many fighting styles, or weapons Deadpool can use or handle, dude just keeps attacking with no strategy because he's immortal even a beserking Logan won't do that. To the live action movies asides the 2nd movie in the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy, MoS, BvS and WW DC's live action movies have been below par. Their animated movies on the other hand have been like nectar from heaven ref. Judas contract (Teen Titans), Justice league Dark. Marvel wins the live action movie part childish costume and all. Just in case you though marvels Xmen is an original idea, please google Doom patrol.
I want to add something weird if you can stomach anything related to Neil Gaiman, i.e American Gods, Vertigo's Sandman, Lucifer, and even Constantine et al. Then DC should not be so much of a problem, i think?!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by repogirl(f): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
francizy:

Rubbish!!! It seems you don't even know that the failure that DC is experiencing in the movie industry is the unrealistic nature of their useless characters.. No matter how strong a Marvel character is, there will still be some elements of reality attached to such a character to make watching such a character enjoyable. Young and old will enjoy Marvel but DC is meant for children who dwell in the fantasy world.
DC movies just need better writers jare! Their plot no dey sweet like Marvel movies.

But Superman over Batman any day for me sha, don't know how a mere human can beat a superhuman? angry

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Ashley86400: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hanabian:
It's funny how all the peeps shouting X-men didn't know it is not a Marvel Franchise... Bunch of ignorants forming comic lovers!!
But since the comics were created by Stan Lee, who also created the incredible Hulk, Spiderman and other big characters under Marvel comics. . Plus these characters are seen in Marvel Movies with other known Marvel Characters. . .it's only conclusive they would be termed as a part of "Marvel Franchise" even if they were produced by Fox or Sony. .once you even start watching these "franchises" ,you see flash cards (that show Marvel's insensitivity to epileptic patients) that later show's the words "Marvel".
Rights have been sold, movie or comics. .so long as it's associated with Marvel then it by default belongs to Marvel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Made N7billion / Nini Evicted From The Big Brother House / BOLLYWOOD Club 4u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.