Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (75624 Views)

'Fear Woman: The Adulterous Wife' - Obituary Poster In Delta State (photo) / My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by generalbush(m): 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
shinarlaura:

Hello.

How re u u doing?

I am fine. What about you?
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by shinarlaura(f): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
generalbush:

I am fine. What about you?

Woow. That's nice

I'm ok
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by generalbush(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
shinarlaura:

Woow. That's nice

I'm ok

Alright... Stay cool.
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by unadeymadkwa: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan.. what you will do is left to you... I don't really think bringing this here will help much. Take a break go to Scotland spend two nights.. drown yourself in spirit the first night..and use the second to think while you Nurse your hangover. And please don't tell anyone about your wife cheating....

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
First of all, you need to learn to control your emotions for both you and your son sake. You shouldn't be smashing phone on the ground etc. The boy may just imitate you one day by letting his emotions get better of him

I think you did the best thing sending that man the message though.

All that said, I think you might have to forgive your wife and give her another chance. You have to remember that she once gave you a chance and you became a better person and a good husband for that. Don't you think she deserves equal chance?

In addition, I also think you can't really question her commitment to you and your child because she stuck with you through really difficult times, when she could have easily left you.

I do think you need to calm down and have serious discussions with your woman though because clearly something is not right

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
Are you going to remain with her because of your son or you still love the woman.
In relationships, it's best if the parties involved are left to their own devices, every relationship is unique and different, patience exercised in one thus resolving issues is the same patience exercised somewhere else resulting in death.
May God help you through this HARD TIME.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2017
the absense of trust in any relationship can be likened to a squeezed piece of paper,even when it is straightened out,it can never be the same again.you both dont trust each other so therefore your marriage cannot be the same again.everyone deserve a second chance.if u divorce your wife,you will lose your son forever.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Tolourxkelv(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
I feel ur pains I knw hw I felt when I discovered that my ex girlfrnd was cheating on me talk more of an adulterous wife.
My advice: Talk to her let her knw wat she did is hurtin u emotionally, let her knw u can never forget wat she did even if u forgive her, get so emotional bt dnt be aggressive when talkin to her so she can know how hurtful it is.

I dnt think I can ever trust a woman to the extent of keeping one as a wife sef I can't imagine another man bleepin a woman I call my wife.

A frnd will always say if u ar in the sittin room and ur wife is in the bedroom dnt trust her at that moment, trust ur wife only when she is with you. *Heart of a woman*

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Shinapraise(m): 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2017
I'm begging you as a brother forgive your wife I now it not easy but just learn to forgive and forget for the sake of your son , family delete everything that will make you go back to the incident , warn your wife if anytime she repeated the mistake again she is going back to Nigeria and you are divorcing her so pls as a good man embrace your wife make love to her and forget it if you say she is not good and you marry another person who knows what that person will do maybe her own may be worse pls let it go ok

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Burgerlomo: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
You better forgive her before these wild Naija women over there will brainwash her head and you will now be the one to pay a very big price for the whole thing. A word they say is enough for the wise, also think about your son.

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by okikiosibodu(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
OP, I am sure you must have seen these signs during your courtship days, but you ignored it. It is dangerous to have a wife you can't trust even if the love is there. It is not nice ..... I have had an experience though I am not married. The love was really great and I could literally give my life for her without a second thought but when I went a little technical (I used whatsappweb), I was heart broken. I forgave her several times and wiped the slate clean several times but after a meticulous observation and analysis, I discovered she wasn't goin to change, so I had to let go of her.
But in your case, you are married and even have a child, it is different. My advise for you is to seat her down and pour out your heart to her. Let her know you don't like what she does, try to inquire what warranted her to do all she did, I believe when you know the cause of the issue, solutions/ remedies will be easier to phantom. They chances also are there that she won't be open... Before you start the conversation, let her know there is no reason to lie and assure her all you discuss will stay between you two. Check her circle of friends, she might have bad influences.
If you try all these and no positive result, try to involve someone from her family that she respects. Also don't forget to pray for her.
Wish you an happy and Godly home. See you at the top

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by favourmic(m): 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
betafuture:
I am very sorry, it seems like anytime I post on Nairaland is actually the time I have great challenges in my life, however, my posts also reflect the chronicle of my life. You may wish to check out my last posting about how I was sacked in the Bank with a debt that was guaranteed by a junior staff, whose job was threatened by the loan I obtained and she guaranteed for me. please find the link https://www.nairaland.com/2282140/loan-incured-before-termination-appointment Like I mentioned in that post, I got a job as with a Rep member and he appointed me as the Special assistant on a salary of 80k monthly and my boss paid my rent, of which I engage with my lender to take 50k with me monthly and right off the excess interest and stop disturbing the junior colleague, an arrangement they agreed to and everybody was fine, save that I had to struggle to cope with 30k monthly as a family man, working in Abuja. My wife never complained. I just gave her 25k from the salary, once received, to buy food for the family why I tried to manage with the remaining 5k. It was tough! Luckily, a junior lady cousin who works in a bank was posted to Abuja and we had to accommodate her. She was very kind and understood my plight. Sometimes, she drops up to 50k for my wife to augment the house expenses. She would tell me and sometimes, I would take additional 10k to ad to my pocket money.

The home was running, my son, my wife and my cousin, including myself were very happy. As a banker, I had learned the skill of marketing and networking and negotiation. In the course of my sojourn in the national assembly I met a head of a parastatal wjo needed me to do some strategic alliance between his organization and my boss. We later became great friends, and i realized I could access a scholarship to study in the UK through him. To cut the story short, I pursued this opportunity to the latter and I got a Federal government scholarship to pursue a Masters degree in the UK. I saw this as an opportunity to rewrite the story of my life. Two months in the UK, I began to look for means to bring my wife and son to join me in the UK. While I was in UK, I made it a point of duty to send 150k to my wife in Nigeria on monthly basis (Remember I was on scholarship) and I also do student work in the UK. Because we did not sell our car during the crisis, I also gave the custody of the car to her.

FIRST SUSPICION

When she was about coming to the UK with my 7 years old son, we decided to give out some of our home appliances and sell most of them including the car. Since I was not in Nigeria, she was to manage the transactions. Because I opened her e-mail address, i do see her mails, so i could see the alert on her GTB. The first thing that prompted me was that the amount she received for the sales of our car was 100k higher than what she declared to me. (The fund was meant to buy the flight tickets for her and my son). There were other expense transactions that were over declared, but the actual amount debited to her account were quite low. I did not confront her on these issues until she arrived UK with my son. When I did, I could see the way she manipulatively and professionally lied her way out of the whole issue. I did not pick an offense, hence i made her to understand that I was never convinced. Since then my instinct told me that if she could lie to me so much on finance, maybe there are other things going on in her life that I never known. However, I opened her Facebook account for her years ago in Nigeria, but I never bothered to check it. Out of curiosity, I tried login into her Facebook account and I discovered she has changed the password. My first reaction was to check it, but had I done that, she would have been conscious, then I used my skill as an trained IT security expert to crack her password and then access her Facebook. I ran through all her messenger message and everything was fine. Apart from a certain guy who always beg her for assistance and prayer, there was nothing really suspicious about her messanger and then, we continued with our normal life.

After a week in UK, she started to work as a carer (her visa permitted her to work fully), and she began to make money. I know how much enters her account and we decide how to spend. My son also start schooling and life began to have meaning again. I finished my masters with a distinction and the best graduating student in my department and my University offered me automatic admission for PhD, with part scholarship.l To remain, we needed to source funds to show evidence that my family can stay with me in the UK and show evidence of the balance of school fees. We sourced for money everywhere. She brought all she had and we had to borrow both from UK and Nigeria. My boss was very supportive and I commenced the PhD this September. As a family, we have a problem. My son is now 8 years and we have been trying to make another baby but it does not seem to be forthcoming. We have been to hospitals in the UK, we were both tested and once told my sperm motility was low, treated, but later we were considered both ok.

Since her arrival in the UK, I noticed that my wife suddenly repel sexxx. Sometimes, we had sexxxx just once in a month, she would find a way of brushing away by advances. At a level, i had to ask if there was any problem, but she said it was because of the new environment, her jobs and what have you. This further told me that all was not well in my marriage. She knows I love her and I would do anything for her. While we were yet trying to pay my tuition, her mum got a US visa and all the children were making contributions for her journey, I had to take from my school fees and send to Nigeria and manage my school to give us more time. I tried to ensure that we continually live like one happy family.

Do not let me sound like one perfect good guy. I had also lived a rough bad life in the past and she is aware. During my days in the bank, I had been sexually reckless and irresponsible. There was a time I left office to a gal house, fckked her and I never knew that the condom we used was stick to my shoe. I drove with it home, entered home very late at night, my wife was already angrily waiting for me in the house, only to see a used condom with sperm inside attached to the soul of my shoe. It was an issue that we had to battle with for weeks, even though I never confess it was from, I told a story that it must have got gummed to me at the mechanic village where I had gone to pick my car in the evening (She was aware that someone has accused my mechanic of having sexxx in his car, leaving condom at the back seat). after few weeks, we resolved the issue and we continued leaving normal life. However, there was also a time I suspected her activities on Facebook and I realised a guy whom she has known in the past has been pestering her and she seems to be encouraging him (That was during our period of financial crisis). I had confronted her, she had denied they never had anything but the guy was just pestering her. I apologised and went sober. I called the guy (who was also married) and lived in another faraway city. The guy denied having anything to do with her that she just knew her while growing up. The guy originally blasted me, but later called back and apologized and promised never to disturb her again. I was hurting for months, after which I forgave, forgot and moved on. Let me also state that during the period of my financial crisis, I made a covenant with God, after listening to a message, that whatever the case maybe, I will remain faithful to my wife. This I have manage to keep despite advances from both married and single friends and acquaintances.

THE REAL ISSUE

Now, we are living in the UK and very happy, she is working full-time, while I pursue my PhD full-time, work part-time and my son schools full-time and we were all happy, save the issue of delayed pregnancy and (to me, the poor sex life from her). Let me also state that I bought her a Samsung phone (when she arrived last year), which I have full access to because I know her password. Few months ago, she told me she wanted a bigger phone that she would send the one I bought her to my younger brother in Nigeria who had been disturbing her for a phone. Even though, I thought we did not need to spend money on a new phone at that crucial time because of the looming school expenses, I consented just for her to be happy and she got herself a Samsung galaxy s8 plus for 700pounds, which she would repay of 2 years. The first thing that prompted me about the phone was that she changed her password, but I never mind because I thought she was preventing my son, who always loved to play game on her phone from accessing the phone. However, after few weeks, I began to feel very uncomfortable about the whole stuff. My instinct just told me all was not well. Whatever was it, I could not place my finger on it. But after reviewing my work with my supervisor in the University yesterday, I just felt like going home to rest, instead of studying in the school and then, I met wife in the house with my son. She was trying to order some items online for my son for Christmas and on arrival, she gave her phone to select what we should buy for him, and then, the FB message came into her phone and I could read...'it is not what you think, I have been very busy'

I selected the item I thought was ok, gave returned her phone, picked my laptop and logged in to her Facebook. My wife pretended she was enganging me in discussion, but was responding to the message from a guy, who obviously was her lover and she wrote (I was reading from my computer without her knowledge) 'You know I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU'. and the other guy responded 'I love you more baby' (By this time, I was already burning on the seat, but I somehow managed to keep my calm). She wrote 'But you don't call me' ...and she stood up and went to the kitchen (I wanted to gather enough evidence before I reacted), but immediately she got to the kitchen, she deleted the conversation. At this time, I could not take it. My son was in the sitting room, watching cartoon. I went to her in the kitchen and aggressively confronted her. She originally pretended she did not know what I was saying, but when she say the aggression and seriousness in me she started begging and crying. I lost control of my emotion. I was angry and shouting. My son was there. He was too young, but very intelligent. he understood everything and began to blame his mum, at the same time asking me ti give mum a second chance. I was bitterly hurting. I felt like tearing her into pieces, but if I tried that in UK, it will be straight to jail. She could not state the reason behind her action. She was still trying to lie. She said the guy was her ex and they recently became friends on Facebook and the guy is trying to rekindle the old relationship. The guy is based in Nigeria, they do not even see. Everything she said was incoherently sense. All she wanted was that I should forgive her. I should not tell anybody. She cried, wept and what have you. I was hurting. If it were to by Nigeria, she would have left my house yesetrday, but in UK, it is difficult. The love turned to hatred. She managed to convince me to enter room with her, so that she will discuss the issue with me, without getting our son involved. In the room, it was the same crying and plea for forgiveness and a promise it would never happen again. I told her i was ok, but she would not let me out. I had to angrily shove her away from the door and she hit her head against the wardrobe. i was too angry, too sad, and too hateful to care. i called her all manners of unprintable names. I cursed her, I was just too angry. She kept begging. I left for the sitting room and she came back, knelt down before me and kept begging. My son was crying that two of us were making him sad. The young boy even threatened to tell his teacher in the school on monday. I was too angry to listen. I just told her to let me be. She stood up with tears in her eyes to enter the toilet, I checked her Facebook account again and realised that the lover had sent another message thus: "My dear I don't call you always to protect your home, but I always check your pictures every night before I go to bed" As I was reading, she stupidly deleted that again in the toilet. (Please note that my wife always post our family pictures on facebook, stating how I am the best husband in the world).

My anger erupted again and I rushed to meet her in the bathroom and asked her why she deleted the last message of the guy and she tearfully answered that she did not want me to see anything that could aggravate my anger the more. I angrily snatched the phone from her and smashed it on the floor. She knelt down at my feet and continued to cry and beg for forgiveness, but I was hurting so badly. I left for sitting room again and my son was confusedly crying. She came back and knelt before me and continued begging and weeping and begged we should go back to the room to discuss, at least to protect our son. After a while, i followed her. There was nothing to say; the same weeping, crying and promises to not do it again and swearing that they never had anything together. I told her I needed to talk to the guy and she pleaded I should not. I told her she is giving me an impression that she is protecting the guy so that she could continue her illicit affairs with him and told her it would not work. The can change tactics, but its is only a matter of time. I told her, I would forgive her, but I cannot trust her again and when there is no trust in marriage, the marriage is gone. I also told her I must engage that guy that she should give me his number, but she said her phone is no longer working. I made her feel comfortable that I have forgiven her, but honestly I am hurting. I went back to my laptop, continued chat with the guy on her messenger, but he was now online. We both slept on the same bed, i realised she could not sleep. In the middle of the night she woke me up to beg again, she was offering a make-up sexxx, but I was not interested. I told her i had forgiven her, but I am still hurting and there is no way i could have erection with her. In the morning, I checked her messanger, i discovered the iddiot has responded, still claiming to love her. I checked his profile, I realised he is a muslim, who has a wife with two kids. His location was not shown, but most of his pics her in Nigeria apart from two which have foreign background. I also realize he has limited posts on FB, but the phone number on his FB page is US phone number.

From my wife's FB account, I sent a message thus:

Hi, Mr Farouq, my name is Adams, I am Grace husband
I just wish to inform you that all the rubbish you have been doing with my wife are now exposed to me
I advise you in the name of whatever thing you believe, STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE.

I also realize you are a married man. If you have any moral integrity and respect for family values, you will know that
responsible men do not run after married women or break homes.

I do not care whatever you claim you think of her, just heed this warning STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE.

He read it an never respond. I went to her facebook setting and unfriended him.

I left home in the morning to go study in the library, but honestly, I could not assimilate anything. I am so emotionally broken down, so psychologically disturbed. The whole event kept playing in my head. I found it difficult to rationalise it. I continued to find fault in my being and my personality. I know I am very attractive handsome young man. Despite showing I am married, ladies still flock around me. I am also a passionate lovemaker. I dress well and look neat. I don't seem to understand where I have failed. Sometimes I just close my eyes and i feel tears dripping, but I have got to be strong. As for her, she has remained in the room since morning, hiding her head in shame and crying profusely. I have cut off communication with her since I came back from school and I have enganged myself in drinking spirit maybe my spirit will be strenghtened.

This is my story, this is my ordeal. Please I need advice.

Thanks.

i can feel yout pain brother, its never been easy should you talk about the money spend on her travelling issues? hmmmm I'm scared of bringing my wife to EU because 9ja girl or woman always misbehave or miss use of power on getting to EU...... all i can say is that I pray God guide you in what ever decision or step you want to take

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by ashjay001(m): 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
betafuture:
Thanks Dear.

Guy, u go get wahala o

Just free d poor lady n dont die young! Get her to tell u why she lost interest in sex. Probably, over u. And, stop being so hard, she's human, same as u!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Well you just have to forgive her, you even did worse than she ever did, if you vex finish, forgive her and forget jare.

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Blissp99(f): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Pardon and forgive her
She has learnt her lessons
Ur ability to confront her in the right way shows u re a Man
De devil use people to break up homes in de name of Love
Stay close,talk to her more often and let her tell u her fears,so she won't be seeking pleasure in anoda mans arms

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Lorbar(f): 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Op your story is as long as the book of Jude smiley

Back to the topic, you should give her a second chance. If not for anything, for the sake of your son and the fact that she showed remorse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by after4: 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
just to lend a voice what every other person has said, please forgive.and watch her closely,have a heart to heart talk with her,see if there is something u are not doing,if ther is something about the guy she likes you don't have. no body of course talk about prayer becos husbands don't know it is there duty to pray for there wife and I tell you there is no prayer that God answers faster than that of a husband for his wife,because He is bothered about the marital decadence in our society.thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by peetay(m): 12:26am On Nov 26, 2017
First of all I admire your smartness. Now to the issue: I think your wife was beginning to lose interest in you. The spark was gone and she resorted to seeking some excitement somewhere. You aren't to blame though for that. You are trying to make it in a foreign land and she will be the biggest beneficiary of your success when all comes together(she hasn't figured that out yet which doesn't surprise me)
From what I gather there hasn't been any actual physical contact between your wife and the dude. Its been communication only. That doesn't mitigate her action though. The way forward is to extract information from her. Her explanation doesn't add up. Do that though in a calm manner. She's your wife and you know her. Convince her to tell you all about the dude and why she sought solace from him. She will tell you. It could be anything, eg financial since you've had your challenges in the past.
Work on it from there. Visit a counselor since they are readily available over there and work on it together. Keep monitoring her social media activities closely.
I have a feeling something great awaits you in future and this is a test of character. You will sail through. Please rule out divorce or separation. And keep trying for the second baby. It shall be well. Peace.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by karli4nia(m): 12:28am On Nov 26, 2017
@ OP ...imagine the way u reacted violently... 2 d point of making her head hit on d wardrobe... On account that u caught her exchanging amorous msgs with a so-called old friend.. If St had happened to her..is dis what u wld be doing here..opening thread on NL plus ur Intelligent Son won't take it lightly with u...

Only God knows what u wld've done..if u actually caught her cheating on u...maybe u wld have a heart attack and render ur poor lil son fatherless...

Go and work on your tenebrous emotions of anger and jealousy... There are beta ways to deal with such issues without acting like a savage...

My advice? Go and apologise to ur wife and Son over the way ur rxted violently... Talk with ur wife and let her assure you it won't repeat itself...But then don't stake ur life on any assurances... Its hard for human beings not to act up at sometime... Invite God into ur home...with constant family prayers..Its hard to be really spiritual and have a strong ethical foundation without constant prayers for help.. Good luck!

22 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by sallydeen17(m): 12:33am On Nov 26, 2017
betafuture:
I am very sorry, it seems like anytime I post on Nairaland is actually the time I have great challenges in my life, however, my posts also reflect the chronicle of my life. You may wish to check out my last posting about how I was sacked in the Bank with a debt that was guaranteed by a junior staff, whose job was threatened by the loan I obtained and she guaranteed for me. please find the link https://www.nairaland.com/2282140/loan-incured-before-termination-appointment Like I mentioned in that post, I got a job as with a Rep member and he appointed me as the Special assistant on a salary of 80k monthly and my boss paid my rent, of which I engage with my lender to take 50k with me monthly and right off the excess interest and stop disturbing the junior colleague, an arrangement they agreed to and everybody was fine, save that I had to struggle to cope with 30k monthly as a family man, working in Abuja. My wife never complained. I just gave her 25k from the salary, once received, to buy food for the family why I tried to manage with the remaining 5k. It was tough! Luckily, a junior lady cousin who works in a bank was posted to Abuja and we had to accommodate her. She was very kind and understood my plight. Sometimes, she drops up to 50k for my wife to augment the house expenses. She would tell me and sometimes, I would take additional 10k to ad to my pocket money.

The home was running, my son, my wife and my cousin, including myself were very happy. As a banker, I had learned the skill of marketing and networking and negotiation. In the course of my sojourn in the national assembly I met a head of a parastatal wjo needed me to do some strategic alliance between his organization and my boss. We later became great friends, and i realized I could access a scholarship to study in the UK through him. To cut the story short, I pursued this opportunity to the latter and I got a Federal government scholarship to pursue a Masters degree in the UK. I saw this as an opportunity to rewrite the story of my life. Two months in the UK, I began to look for means to bring my wife and son to join me in the UK. While I was in UK, I made it a point of duty to send 150k to my wife in Nigeria on monthly basis (Remember I was on scholarship) and I also do student work in the UK. Because we did not sell our car during the crisis, I also gave the custody of the car to her.

FIRST SUSPICION

When she was about coming to the UK with my 7 years old son, we decided to give out some of our home appliances and sell most of them including the car. Since I was not in Nigeria, she was to manage the transactions. Because I opened her e-mail address, i do see her mails, so i could see the alert on her GTB. The first thing that prompted me was that the amount she received for the sales of our car was 100k higher than what she declared to me. (The fund was meant to buy the flight tickets for her and my son). There were other expense transactions that were over declared, but the actual amount debited to her account were quite low. I did not confront her on these issues until she arrived UK with my son. When I did, I could see the way she manipulatively and professionally lied her way out of the whole issue. I did not pick an offense, hence i made her to understand that I was never convinced. Since then my instinct told me that if she could lie to me so much on finance, maybe there are other things going on in her life that I never known. However, I opened her Facebook account for her years ago in Nigeria, but I never bothered to check it. Out of curiosity, I tried login into her Facebook account and I discovered she has changed the password. My first reaction was to check it, but had I done that, she would have been conscious, then I used my skill as an trained IT security expert to crack her password and then access her Facebook. I ran through all her messenger message and everything was fine. Apart from a certain guy who always beg her for assistance and prayer, there was nothing really suspicious about her messanger and then, we continued with our normal life.

After a week in UK, she started to work as a carer (her visa permitted her to work fully), and she began to make money. I know how much enters her account and we decide how to spend. My son also start schooling and life began to have meaning again. I finished my masters with a distinction and the best graduating student in my department and my University offered me automatic admission for PhD, with part scholarship.l To remain, we needed to source funds to show evidence that my family can stay with me in the UK and show evidence of the balance of school fees. We sourced for money everywhere. She brought all she had and we had to borrow both from UK and Nigeria. My boss was very supportive and I commenced the PhD this September. As a family, we have a problem. My son is now 8 years and we have been trying to make another baby but it does not seem to be forthcoming. We have been to hospitals in the UK, we were both tested and once told my sperm motility was low, treated, but later we were considered both ok.

Since her arrival in the UK, I noticed that my wife suddenly repel sexxx. Sometimes, we had sexxxx just once in a month, she would find a way of brushing away by advances. At a level, i had to ask if there was any problem, but she said it was because of the new environment, her jobs and what have you. This further told me that all was not well in my marriage. She knows I love her and I would do anything for her. While we were yet trying to pay my tuition, her mum got a US visa and all the children were making contributions for her journey, I had to take from my school fees and send to Nigeria and manage my school to give us more time. I tried to ensure that we continually live like one happy family.

Do not let me sound like one perfect good guy. I had also lived a rough bad life in the past and she is aware. During my days in the bank, I had been sexually reckless and irresponsible. There was a time I left office to a gal house, fckked her and I never knew that the condom we used was stick to my shoe. I drove with it home, entered home very late at night, my wife was already angrily waiting for me in the house, only to see a used condom with sperm inside attached to the soul of my shoe. It was an issue that we had to battle with for weeks, even though I never confess it was from, I told a story that it must have got gummed to me at the mechanic village where I had gone to pick my car in the evening (She was aware that someone has accused my mechanic of having sexxx in his car, leaving condom at the back seat). after few weeks, we resolved the issue and we continued leaving normal life. However, there was also a time I suspected her activities on Facebook and I realised a guy whom she has known in the past has been pestering her and she seems to be encouraging him (That was during our period of financial crisis). I had confronted her, she had denied they never had anything but the guy was just pestering her. I apologised and went sober. I called the guy (who was also married) and lived in another faraway city. The guy denied having anything to do with her that she just knew her while growing up. The guy originally blasted me, but later called back and apologized and promised never to disturb her again. I was hurting for months, after which I forgave, forgot and moved on. Let me also state that during the period of my financial crisis, I made a covenant with God, after listening to a message, that whatever the case maybe, I will remain faithful to my wife. This I have manage to keep despite advances from both married and single friends and acquaintances.

THE REAL ISSUE

Now, we are living in the UK and very happy, she is working full-time, while I pursue my PhD full-time, work part-time and my son schools full-time and we were all happy, save the issue of delayed pregnancy and (to me, the poor sex life from her). Let me also state that I bought her a Samsung phone (when she arrived last year), which I have full access to because I know her password. Few months ago, she told me she wanted a bigger phone that she would send the one I bought her to my younger brother in Nigeria who had been disturbing her for a phone. Even though, I thought we did not need to spend money on a new phone at that crucial time because of the looming school expenses, I consented just for her to be happy and she got herself a Samsung galaxy s8 plus for 700pounds, which she would repay of 2 years. The first thing that prompted me about the phone was that she changed her password, but I never mind because I thought she was preventing my son, who always loved to play game on her phone from accessing the phone. However, after few weeks, I began to feel very uncomfortable about the whole stuff. My instinct just told me all was not well. Whatever was it, I could not place my finger on it. But after reviewing my work with my supervisor in the University yesterday, I just felt like going home to rest, instead of studying in the school and then, I met wife in the house with my son. She was trying to order some items online for my son for Christmas and on arrival, she gave her phone to select what we should buy for him, and then, the FB message came into her phone and I could read...'it is not what you think, I have been very busy'

I selected the item I thought was ok, gave returned her phone, picked my laptop and logged in to her Facebook. My wife pretended she was enganging me in discussion, but was responding to the message from a guy, who obviously was her lover and she wrote (I was reading from my computer without her knowledge) 'You know I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU'. and the other guy responded 'I love you more baby' (By this time, I was already burning on the seat, but I somehow managed to keep my calm). She wrote 'But you don't call me' ...and she stood up and went to the kitchen (I wanted to gather enough evidence before I reacted), but immediately she got to the kitchen, she deleted the conversation. At this time, I could not take it. My son was in the sitting room, watching cartoon. I went to her in the kitchen and aggressively confronted her. She originally pretended she did not know what I was saying, but when she say the aggression and seriousness in me she started begging and crying. I lost control of my emotion. I was angry and shouting. My son was there. He was too young, but very intelligent. he understood everything and began to blame his mum, at the same time asking me ti give mum a second chance. I was bitterly hurting. I felt like tearing her into pieces, but if I tried that in UK, it will be straight to jail. She could not state the reason behind her action. She was still trying to lie. She said the guy was her ex and they recently became friends on Facebook and the guy is trying to rekindle the old relationship. The guy is based in Nigeria, they do not even see. Everything she said was incoherently sense. All she wanted was that I should forgive her. I should not tell anybody. She cried, wept and what have you. I was hurting. If it were to by Nigeria, she would have left my house yesetrday, but in UK, it is difficult. The love turned to hatred. She managed to convince me to enter room with her, so that she will discuss the issue with me, without getting our son involved. In the room, it was the same crying and plea for forgiveness and a promise it would never happen again. I told her i was ok, but she would not let me out. I had to angrily shove her away from the door and she hit her head against the wardrobe. i was too angry, too sad, and too hateful to care. i called her all manners of unprintable names. I cursed her, I was just too angry. She kept begging. I left for the sitting room and she came back, knelt down before me and kept begging. My son was crying that two of us were making him sad. The young boy even threatened to tell his teacher in the school on monday. I was too angry to listen. I just told her to let me be. She stood up with tears in her eyes to enter the toilet, I checked her Facebook account again and realised that the lover had sent another message thus: "My dear I don't call you always to protect your home, but I always check your pictures every night before I go to bed" As I was reading, she stupidly deleted that again in the toilet. (Please note that my wife always post our family pictures on facebook, stating how I am the best husband in the world).

My anger erupted again and I rushed to meet her in the bathroom and asked her why she deleted the last message of the guy and she tearfully answered that she did not want me to see anything that could aggravate my anger the more. I angrily snatched the phone from her and smashed it on the floor. She knelt down at my feet and continued to cry and beg for forgiveness, but I was hurting so badly. I left for sitting room again and my son was confusedly crying. She came back and knelt before me and continued begging and weeping and begged we should go back to the room to discuss, at least to protect our son. After a while, i followed her. There was nothing to say; the same weeping, crying and promises to not do it again and swearing that they never had anything together. I told her I needed to talk to the guy and she pleaded I should not. I told her she is giving me an impression that she is protecting the guy so that she could continue her illicit affairs with him and told her it would not work. The can change tactics, but its is only a matter of time. I told her, I would forgive her, but I cannot trust her again and when there is no trust in marriage, the marriage is gone. I also told her I must engage that guy that she should give me his number, but she said her phone is no longer working. I made her feel comfortable that I have forgiven her, but honestly I am hurting. I went back to my laptop, continued chat with the guy on her messenger, but he was now online. We both slept on the same bed, i realised she could not sleep. In the middle of the night she woke me up to beg again, she was offering a make-up sexxx, but I was not interested. I told her i had forgiven her, but I am still hurting and there is no way i could have erection with her. In the morning, I checked her messanger, i discovered the iddiot has responded, still claiming to love her. I checked his profile, I realised he is a muslim, who has a wife with two kids. His location was not shown, but most of his pics her in Nigeria apart from two which have foreign background. I also realize he has limited posts on FB, but the phone number on his FB page is US phone number.

I just wish to inform you that all the rubbish you have been doing with my wife are now exposed to me

I also realize you are a married man. If you have any moral integrity and respect for family values, you will know that

I do not care whatever you claim you think of her, just heed this warning STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE.

I left home in the morning to go study in the library, but honestly, I could not assimilate anything. I am so emotionally broken down, so psychologically disturbed. The whole event kept playing in my head. I found it difficult to rationalise it. I continued to find fault in my being and my personality. I know I am very attractive handsome young man. Despite showing I am married, ladies still flock around me. I am also a passionate lovemaker. I dress well and look neat. I don't seem to understand where I have failed. Sometimes I just close my eyes and i feel tears dripping, but I have got to be strong. As for her, she has remained in the room since morning, hiding her head in shame and crying profusely. I have cut off communication with her since I came back from school and I have enganged myself in drinking spirit maybe my spirit will be strenghtened.

Thanks.

love covers multitude of sins. forgive her and give her a sec chance, start afresh

to fall in love is easy but to stay in love need your commitment, determination, hard work, self control and effective communication. forgive and move on just as God forgave and is still forgiving you daily. thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by lenghtinny(m): 12:43am On Nov 26, 2017
This is why I encourage baby mamaism or whatever you want to call it....

I don't know about marriage in the days of the old but I do know that marriage these days is a scam filled with a lot of deceit and shrouded in secrecy.
Infact people are more concerned about the wedding than the marriage itself angry.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Phlegzy(m): 1:13am On Nov 26, 2017
lenghtinny:
This is why I encourage baby mamaism or whatever you want to call it....

I don't know about marriage in the days of the old but I do know that marriage these days is a scam filled with a lot of deceit and shrouded in secrecy.
Infact people are more concerned about the wedding than the marriage itself angry.

Wrong

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Phlegzy(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2017
Forgive bro, she's remorseful. Start all over again you'll pull through.
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by lenghtinny(m): 1:24am On Nov 26, 2017
Phlegzy:

Wrong
I hear you...
Which one do you prefer between a cheating wife and a baby mama angry
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by dayleke: 2:10am On Nov 26, 2017
To the two people that quoted the whole story...
If we catch you,ehn...
The ground go be taller than you... <--dat na yoruba talk.

To d OP,
Pls give her a 2nd chance.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Apina(m): 2:15am On Nov 26, 2017
betafuture:

FIRST SUSPICION

THE REAL ISSUE

Thanks. one

This one is strong.
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by TheeDetective: 2:31am On Nov 26, 2017
@Op, this tory wey you yarn here so long no be small thing o.

Anyway, you cheated on your wife and she still stayed with you and forgave you; then it became the turn of your wife to cheat on you and you are finding it difficult to forgive her and even going as far as wanting to send her away undecided? May I ask why? Now you know what is like to be cheated on. I guess you never thought how difficult it must have been for your wife to move on from her suspecting your cheating ways. It seems obvious that your wife hadn’t really forgiving you and she is only telling you what is good for the goose is good for the gender.

As both of you have cheated in the marriage, I think you both need to forgive yourselves and have a clean slate to start on. The marital vows when taken are not done for the fun of it and staying faithful to each other is key, vital and paramount in a relationship. You started the cheating and your wife only followed in your footstep hence the equation seems balanced.

Both of you need to work on your trust issues; although I know you said you can’t trust her for now but also remember that she can’t trust you either. A clean slate is what is needed in order to help both of you to start afresh. Invite God into your marriage, pray together as a family and see a counselor if need be as well as work together to safe your marriage if that is what both of you want as you also have a child to consider.

PS: I see some post here calling the Ops wife an adulteress but forgetting to say that the OP is also an adulterer. Let us call a spade what exactly it is a spade. If anyone is calling the wife an adulteress they should also call the husband an adulterer too.

25 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 26, 2017
I don't even know what to say. First of all, why did u cheat after u got married na. Let's leave that aside. Right now it looks like the issue on ground is not really one that has to do with sex. Sex might be involved though. But d truth is for her to continue communicating with that guy considering distance. Then there's love involved. And not just adultery. So maybe on a normal circumstance shes not d cheating type but love got her thinking she's got no choice. U know women can love now, perhaps all those times u were not around. I don't know how to advice u bro. Just pray to God for wisdom. U are d one in d best position to know what to do. Do u think she still loves u at all. Think about that question and that will lead u to a relevant conclusion. And d money issue while she was selling stuff. 4get that. Na small thing
Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by SmellingAnus(m): 2:46am On Nov 26, 2017
With the level of decadence I have seen few years ago... I feel for any man who thinks his wife can never cheat on him... These days many women don't even need reasons to cheat... They just cheat for fun... I pity for guys that will be demanding faithfulness by fire by force from their girlfriends... If only they knew that even the wives of many men can't be faithful ... It's a terrible situation we have found ourselves... It's better we tell ourselves the truth and adjust some of our expectations from the female folks so as to reduce the possibility of heart break... One married lady said something to me years ago of which I partially agreed with her... She said... " your husband is yours only when he is with you..." Sad to say this..... But the truth now is that... " your wife is yours only when she is with you... Infact even when she is with you, she could still be flirting with another man through social media...." Of course we still have the so called faithful women...

Finally.... Just find a place in your heart to forgive her and move on... I will not advice you to leave her... Please remain with her.... It's just unfortunate that this happened... There is no guarantee that the next woman you will settle down with will even be better than this one.... Some will even cheat and not feel remorseful about it... Take it from me... Your wife is still a good woman ... Stay strong for your son...

Many things I would have loved to say but time will not permit me... Just go through my diary and receive words of wisdom most of which was birthed out of my personal experience in life and especially with women...

https://www.nairaland.com/4189254/words-wisdom-experience-surely-need

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by Pappyjim: 3:24am On Nov 26, 2017
This is a very simple case, something similar has happened in my marriage in d past wen I left naija to study in UK and left behind my beautiful wife of 2yrs then at home, spent close to 3yrs...live-in-lover with a Jamaican, Zimbabwean eastern European in London...while my wife still in Naija! It was one of my closest Naija friend then dat gave me the best of advise to come back home to my marriage after my studies instead of bringing her over and said something "wen u get to Naija rumors will start flying start yur wife has been doing this and dat, as it enters tru yur right hear let it burst out tru d left hear in order to live happily"! This is a man who has never met my wife before but always gist him about how much I love her from d Dept of my heart. I run my Real Estate bizness and all is well with us! Now listen brov, "Plsssssss forgive and forget whatever she might av done wrong to allow love to reign in your home"!!! Peace be unto yur family!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by placeofallure(f): 3:30am On Nov 26, 2017
betafuture:
many thanks. But how do I know they never have anything together, I left her in Nigeria with my son for three months (though my cousin was in the house with her) before she came to join me in the UK. One thing that tourched me was that my son said 'Daddy, please give mummy a second chance, she is not a bad woman'

I felt like crying with that little boy's words

... And you better heed to the little boy's words. I have worked with the little ones and from experience, I know what these kinds of things do to them. According to your story which I read from beginning to the end, your wife is a first time offender so please I beg you in the name of everything you hold dear, forgive her. Let her know she won't be as lucky the next time it happens. God will bless your efforts at becoming parents again.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post by duduade: 3:50am On Nov 26, 2017
Insecurity issues... Can't imagine you all in a small box called House in the UK acting all this drama.

Remember the effect it will have on your son.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Husband Has Big Useless Manhood, Can’t Go More Than 1 Round - Zimbabwean Lady / Northern Man Marries An Underaged Girl (Photos) / What I Did To The Cultist That Slapped My Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.