Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees (3664 Views)

Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter / N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2010
Many governors may have lost the battle to have their favourites in the cabinet, it was learnt yesterday.
They are protesting. But, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have a slot conceded to them. It was also learnt that a former President of the Senate, Chief Adolphus Wabara, may
make the final list of nine nominees. The Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has on submitted a list of would-be ministers
to the Senate. The list, which was updated on Wednesday, contains 33 names. The old cabinet had 42 members. The Presidency is working on the
outstanding nine, amid pressure from stakeholders and godfathers. A highly-placed source said: "Most of the governors are not happy because their nominees were rejected because of the pressure on the Acting President to satisfy some powerful Nigerians.
"They spent a greater part of Thursday protesting to party elders and influential aides close to the Acting President. "But the Acting President has taken his time to explain why he had to apply broad yardsticks in choosing his team. He told some of the governors that he has nothing against
them." Some of the governors include those of Bauchi, Nasarawa, Imo, Benue, Katsina, Borno, Taraba, Ogun, Anambra, Abia, Lagos and Kebbi.
A source said: "For instance, Governor Ikedi Ohakim was shocked that his nominee was rejected in favour of Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho, who is the choice of the National Chairman of PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor.
"The governor is querying why Ogbulafor, who is from Abia State, should have to determine the state’s nominee. We know that
Iheanacho has always been the candidate of Ogbulafor, and he had tried to force the nominee on President Yar’Adua twice
without security clearance. "As for the Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, his nominee was rejected in favour
of the slot conceded to the President of the
Senate, Chief David Mark.
"In Ogun State, ex-President Olusegun
Obasanjo single-handedly determined the
candidates. The two candidates are alleged to
be politically estranged with Governor
Gbenga Daniel.
"But to pacify the Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, who is
from Ogun State, the Acting President asked
the Speaker to nominate a cabinet member
from a state in the South-West outside Ogun
State.
"We learnt that Bankole might choose his
nominee from Oyo State, a development
being resisted by the Governor, who has
nominated former Minister of State for
Finance Mr. Remi Babalola, into the cabinet."
The nomination of Mrs. Josephine Anenih
from Anambra State confounded a former
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP,
Chief Tony Anenih, it was learnt. He is said to
be worried over the motives of those who
picked his estranged wife for minister.
"Apart from the rejection of Anenih’s
nominee for Edo State (Godwin Abbe), it was
shocking that anyone could be doing him a
favour in Anambra State," said another
source.
As at press time, governors of Ebonyi,
Adamawa, Benue, Kwara and Cross River
were battling to have their nominees among
the nine remaining minister-designates.
A source said: "As for Kwara State, it is a
battle royale between the Chairman of the
Governors’ Forum, Dr. Bukola Saraki and the
Chairman of the Presidential Advisory
Committee, Gen. T. Y. Danjuma.
"Saraki had already re-nominated the
immediate past Minister of Transport, Alhaji
Isa Bio Ibrahim from Kwara North Central
District, but Danjuma insisted on the choice
of his former Special Assistant, Mr. John Dara,
from Kwara South.
"Both the governor and his father, Dr. Olusola
Saraki, who supported the emergence of
Jonathan as Acting President, have called the
bluff of Danjuma."
Of the nine nominees left, a former President
of the Senate, Chief Adolphus Wabara, might
make the list to represent the South-East.
A source said: "The Acting President seems
favouraby disposed to those pushing for
Wabara, who is rated as a meticulous
diplomat. I think the acting President on
Wednesday met with Wabara at the
Presidential Villa."
In Akwa Ibom State, there was jubilation over
the nomination of Hon Ndueso Essien.
A former governor was said to have been
disappointed that he did not make the list.
The loss of the slot is seen by politicians in
the state as a big setback for the former
governor’s bid to boost his camp’s chances.
A party to celebrate the nomination had been
planned. It was shelved for obvious reasons,
a source said.
The source said: "Jonathan couldn’t have
appointed former governors, some of who
wanted to be president in 2007 but failed.
How do you expect them to be minister
under somebody who they think they are
better than?"
An Akwa Ibom Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) leader, Obong Dominic Udoro Attah,
said: "We are happy with the choice of Essien
Ndueso and it is a message to the spineless
opposition in the state that Governor
Akpabio is in charge.
In Lagos, the PDP is protesting the choice of
Mr Olusegun Aganga as the state’s
representative in the cabinet.
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/40981/1/Cabinet-Governors-protest-rejection-of-nominees/Page1.html
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by safeact(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2010
D choice of josephine Aninih was it from d respected governor Peter Obi? I doubt.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by An0nimus: 11:03am On Mar 26, 2010
They could as well start carrying placards. grin
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Jarus(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2010
A source said: "As for Kwara State, it is a
battle royale between the Chairman of the
Governors’ Forum, Dr. Bukola Saraki and the
Chairman of the Presidential Advisory
Committee, Gen. T. Y. Danjuma.
"Saraki had already re-nominated the
immediate past Minister of Transport, Alhaji
Isa Bio Ibrahim from Kwara North Central
District, but Danjuma insisted on the choice
of his former Special Assistant, Mr. John Dara,
from Kwara South.
"Both the governor and his father, Dr. Olusola
Saraki, who supported the emergence of
Jonathan as Acting President, have called the
bluff of Danjuma."
Now, this is interesting. . .let's see who's more powerful

In Lagos, the PDP is protesting the choice of
Mr Olusegun Aganga as the state’s
representative in the cabinet.
In other words, why a technocrat, instead of a professional PDP politician?

The nomination of Mrs. Josephine Anenih
from Anambra State confounded a former
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP,
Chief Tony Anenih, it was learnt. He is said to
be worried over the motives of those who
picked his estranged wife for minister.
Drama continua
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by yahoo2(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2010
@an0minos, I couldn't have agree more with you. Bunch of idiots!
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by jswagg4(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2010
Na their papa property?what happened to meritocracy?f,,k them and the system!
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by jswagg4(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2010
Na their papa property?what happened to meritocracy?f,,k them and the system!
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by stone07(m): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2010
Take it easy Saraki
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Becomrich17: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
Jonathan made it more difficult for himself. You see, most of the people on the list can not help jonathan to win or transform Nigeria. they have no clue or idea to do so.  Do you know anybody in edo state that would want to vote for some one on the list. You cant rig 2011 election. It would lead to violent and break up of nigeria.  They are banking on rigging. Which is a silly idea. what they should have done was bring those of us abroad to change the system. that way nigerian have a little hope that thier lifes would get better.  Even that name segun agaga, I never heard once in my life.

If you look at the little progress made by Obasanjo, it came from us nigerian living abroad and not from those in Nigeria. The ideas was from us. Go and ask.

He has made big mistake in the list. Not something I can talk over the internet. His  political calculation is wrong. The north would cross carpet. northerners are not silly. they are just fooling him.  And he would end up with nothing. From his list, you know he is banking on the north for help. Wrong calculation. The north has its game play ready.

Obasanjo played save.

Look while AC is building a city on top of the sea in Lagos, PDP is doing nothing to show for it and expect to win. All the voter are looking for is what have you done. So jonathan have a big battle to win.

And instead of bringing smart people from abroad to help him out. He went for the same old thing that have never work for nigeria. Jonathan in the poll have drop with its nomination. You can see the governors rejecting.

My first question, did Jonathan show his wife the list and the woman no slap him. And she no give him back hand.

The list was expect edto bring hope to nigerian, most nigerian were expecting Jonathan to bring those of us nigerian abroad to transform their life.

And if you know the history of Nigeria. People life Awolowo, Nzikiwe and others were Nigerian abroad. You can not transform a society with Old wine from the same location in new bottle. It is still the same bad old wine in new bottle. You need new wine from a different location. This is what china,india , japan are doing.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Jarus(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
My first question, did Jonathan show his wife the list and the woman no slap him. And she no give him back hand.
Vintage Becomrich . . . chei
grin grin grin
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by kosovo(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nigeria politics will always remain the same. . .
Same old-pot-belied-gray-headed fellow. . Damn the Godfathers. . .
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by otukpo(f): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
The Governors shld go to hell with their lists
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by 3kay945(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
i wont be suprised if jonathan f,,,k, up. he had already said p.d.p would win election even if we invite angels to nigeria to conduct the coming election, homo sapient

Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by kaycee250(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
These political idiots are funny so they thinks that Nigeria is their father's property.I cry for Nigeria,
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by jumobi1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
Naija journalism is something. Its hard for me to believe this news. Sounds like speculation to me.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by calyx: 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
Becomrich/:

If you look at the little progress made by Obasanjo, it came from us nigerian living abroad and not from those in Nigeria. The ideas was from us. Go and ask.

Abroad? Oh sorry benin republic you mean. Well you musnt struggle to write english if you cant do so correctly.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Jarus(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
calyx:

Abroad? Oh sorry benin republic you mean. Well you musnt struggle to write english if you cant do so correctly.
I hope you know Becomrich mapomizes from Canada, for real.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Beaf: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
calyx:

Wrong, becomerich sprreaks Engrrish. He doesn't owe either you or the queen anything. grin
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Jarus(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
Beaf:

Wrong, becomerich sprreaks Engrrish. He doesn't owe either you or the queen anything. grin
Tell him jare. . .maybe he has never heard of Engrrishh before
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by JUO(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Jonathan made it more difficult for himself. You see, most of the people on the list can not help jonathan to win or transform Nigeria. they have no clue or idea to do so. Do you know anybody in edo state that would want to vote for some one on the list. You cant rig 2011 election. It would lead to violent and break up of nigeria. They are banking on rigging. Which is a silly idea. what they should have done was bring those of us abroad to change the system. that way nigerian have a little hope that thier lifes would get better. Even that name segun agaga, I never heard once in my life.

He has made big mistake in the list. Not something I can talk over the internet. His political calculation is wrong. The north would cross carpet. northerners are not silly. they are just fooling him. And he would end up with nothing. From his list, you know he is banking on the north for help. Wrong calculation. The north has its game play ready.

Obasanjo played save.

Look while AC is building a city on top of the sea in Lagos, PDP is doing nothing to show for it and expect to win. All the voter are looking for is what have you done. So jonathan have a big battle to win.

And instead of bringing smart people from abroad to help him out. He went for the same old thing that have never work for nigeria. Jonathan in the poll have drop with its nomination. You can see the governors rejecting.

The list was expect edto bring hope to nigerian, most nigerian were expecting Jonathan to bring those of us nigerian abroad to transform their life.

And if you know the history of Nigeria. People life Awolowo, Nzikiwe and others were Nigerian abroad. You can not transform a society with Old wine from the same location in new bottle. It is still the same bad old wine in new bottle. You need new wine from a different location. This is what china,india , japan are doing.

u are a selfcentred somebody all u talk about is how to enrich yourself
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by femfem3: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
Becomrich/:

Jonathan made it more difficult for himself. You see, most of the people on the list can not help jonathan to win or transform Nigeria. they have no clue or idea to do so.  Do you know anybody in edo state that would want to vote for some one on the list. You cant rig 2011 election. It would lead to violent and break up of nigeria.  They are banking on rigging. Which is a silly idea. what they should have done was bring those of us abroad to change the system. that way nigerian have a little hope that thier lifes would get better.  Even that name segun agaga, I never heard once in my life.

He has made big mistake in the list. Not something I can talk over the internet. His  political calculation is wrong. The north would cross carpet. northerners are not silly. they are just fooling him.  And he would end up with nothing. From his list, you know he is banking on the north for help. Wrong calculation. The north has its game play ready.

Obasanjo played save.

In English please   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

what makes you think you are netter than those residing in Nigeria,  embarassed embarassed embarassed,  am sure you want a piece of the national cake for your self grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Ikengawo: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
like someone else said this is primarily speculation and you can tell. it says they're angry and protesting but it doesn't tell of any actual protests or any actual anger. Nigerian news is to be taken with a grain of salt cause our ppl love to dramatize, speculation, assume and exaggerate
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by nairaner(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
HMMMNNN!!! Beco Beco!! grin
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by alanbolo(m): 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
JUO:

u are a selfcentred somebody all u talk about is how to enrich yourself
     and who are we talking about     [quote author=Becomrich/quote][/quote]  lipsrsealed
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2010
Abeg make dem no reject my uncle oooo, I dey hope for contract when him become minster, lol. wink
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by oluagness(m): 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
You can not spoon feed Goodluck shocked
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by mbulela: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
jumobi1:

Naija journalism is something. Its hard for me to believe this news. Sounds like speculation to me.
complaining? that has been the norm since mallam came to power and it has only been raised to new levels since he was sneaked out to Jeddah in the middle of the night.
all we live on as a country are lies. rumours, deceit and propaganda.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by marvix(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
Quote from post
We learnt that Bankole might choose his
nominee from Oyo State, a development
being resisted by the Governor, who has
nominated former Minister of State for
Finance Mr. Remi Babalola, into the cabinet."

Pls help us bring Remi Babalola back, the man tried and is hardworking.

But all these govs making noise, do they take nominees for commisiona slots from LGA chairmen, they should find somewhere to sleep if their candidates don't make it, at least they can give them apointments in their respective state cabinets.
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by marvix(m): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
@becomerich what ideas did u pple giv Obj, and was he able to conduct a free election to impose his sucesor or he had to rely on rigging?
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by arogbowei: 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
They ain't seen nothing yet, this is just the begining. Who says Jo can't be a man of his own?
Re: Cabinet: Governors Protest Rejection Of Nominees by henry101(m): 2:22am On Mar 27, 2010
becomrich3:

what selfishness are you talking about. ? There is a difference between living abroad and living in Nigeria. Experience matter. ? It is clear like 7up. the differience is clear. 7up

It was hard for Obj to know if the census figures were rigged without satellite pictures. with satellite pictures, you can not come out with fake result again.

U don come again.
Becomrich/:

Jonathan made it more difficult for himself. You see, most of the people on the list can not help jonathan to win or transform Nigeria. they have no clue or idea to do so. Do you know anybody in edo state that would want to vote for some one on the list. You cant rig 2011 election. It would lead to violent and break up of nigeria. They are banking on rigging. Which is a silly idea. what they should have done was bring those of us abroad to change the system. that way nigerian have a little hope that thier lifes would get better. Even that name segun agaga, I never heard once in my life.

He has made big mistake in the list. Not something I can talk over the internet. His political calculation is wrong. The north would cross carpet. northerners are not silly. they are just fooling him. And he would end up with nothing. From his list, you know he is banking on the north for help. Wrong calculation. The north has its game play ready.

Obasanjo played save.

R u a comedian?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Wins Buruku Federal Constituency Seat In Benue, As APC Wins Online / Biafrans Gain Recognition And Freedom In Turkey As Nigerians Are Now Deported / Nnamdi Kanu: Beware Of Ladies That Wear Anklets (leg Chain)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.