Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Atiku And The Chronicle Of Chasing Shadows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku And The Chronicle Of Chasing Shadows (320 Views)

Why Igbos And Yorubas Are Chasing Shadows / Bishop Oyedepo, Atiku And Obasanjo Meet At OBJ's Residence In Abeokuta (Photos) / EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku And The Chronicle Of Chasing Shadows by Ugik(m): 11:30am On Nov 26, 2017
Just when i thought Atiku was going to be APC's jack sparrow who will protect his ship with so much love and care no matter what,instead,he jumps ship again.

.if he likes let him decamp to mars,he will never rule nigeria for obvious reasons and if PDP presents atiku as their candidate,2019 will be a walk over for buhari..

First,Atiku has made himself appear desperate for the office of the president and this is a turn off for electorates like me and he wont be taken serious.little wonder,he is associated with the term "political prostitute".
Second reason why atiku's unelectability in Nigeria is lengendary is due to the baggage of corruption accusations hanging round his neck even though they are unsubstantiated.

At the moment,no politician in Nigeria apart from muhammadu Buhari can boost of 15million votes even in the face of opposition. Truth is,despite all that has been happening within his government,his abysmal lack of coherence,all the make beliefs and charade,his fan base has growna nd even larger. Before you counter what I say,keep sentiments aside especially if you are from my region,the south east,be realistic and you will discover that online criticism and ranting has never influenced voters decision at all.

Come 2019,should buhari contest,like him or not,he will coast to a landslide victory irrespective of who the opposition candidate is,even if its Atiku. Most political pundits argue that since its going to be a northern contest that PMB will face a stiffer contest but truth is he won't..both PMB and Atiku have a lot of fan base in the north,I may not like PMB and his method of politics but judging from past records,he will come out victorious both in south west and north.

Even if the battle ground shifts to the SS and SE,it will be one hell of a ride..My region, SE,believes in the zonal arrangement of 2023 been the turn of an Igbo man even though its not guaranteed but I believe they won't take a chance on Atiku as that will mean waiting till 2027 before it gets to us and that is still also not guaranteed.

The best bet will be to get PMB to finish his tenure and if this permutation doesn't work,our vote may be very negligible cos of the high rate of voter apathy that has been the order of the day,using anambra election and enugu LGA election as a case study.

Another angle here is based on the theory that the north may Want to keep power and voting Atiku guarantees them an extra 4years more. How all these will play out, only time will tell but what I can predict is that the next president of Nigeria come 2019 will still be PMB.
Re: Atiku And The Chronicle Of Chasing Shadows by mikejj(m): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2017
grin grin is like apc has told him he is not their favourite candidate that wil represent them come 2019.you know the full story

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Is Not My First Choice But....? / Osinbajo: Electricity Tariff Hike Inevitable / Why So Many Countries Are Not Matching Forward (see Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.