Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! (5923 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2007
But Buluti Western Institutes and Newspapers don't bother to do ranking of African Universities because they feel they can't get acces to some info they need and can't be a"" to come and do some research.

I am a subscriber to Times and Guardian UK, and they only focus on what they want to, for example here is the REST of the World rankings fro2006 given by Times;

http://www.thes.co.uk/statistics/international_comparisons/2006/top_rotw.aspx

I have the Article in Print and there was nothing on African ranking, so what we are left with on the net (apart from stuff like individual rankings carried out by countries like NUC's University rankings) is WeBomatrics, even these guys here take their cue from them;

http://www.socialcapitalgateway.org/eng-rankingafrica.htm

Will you say they too do not know what they are doing, or that they are decieving folks that utilise thier website to find out info on African Universities. Ok Buluti, try and give me any site that trully reflects African University rankings.

Our Universities are not anything to right home about compared to those we find abroad, but they are what we have, and even well renown Africans either graduated or teach in some of these institues.

Buluti what other Web rankings are there for us to use for African Universities If not the ones we can get, What other rankings would a foreigner doing some research on the Net use for African Universities.

Well if they will use what is provided, then University of Zimbabwe is ranked high in Africa
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Razorr(f): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2007
Loyika, are you from Zimbabwe? Leave politics abeg. Your atention is needed in the sports section. We miss you o! cry grin grin
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2007
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/africa/article02

[b]"The global outcry over Mugabe's crackdown on opposition leaders has placed an uncomfortable spotlight on South Africa's policy of "quiet diplomacy" towards its troubled neighbour.

While expressing concern this week about the "deteriorating situation", the South African government insisted that only dialogue among the "main political protagonists" in Zimbabwe could bring about a lasting solution to the current crisis.

African leaders have in the past closed ranks around Mugabe, opting to remain silent about Zimbabwe's political and economic slide, but the worsening situation has prompted some to speak out.

Former Zambian leader Kenneth Kaunda urged African leaders to appoint a committee of eminent people to mediate in the crisis.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has directly urged South Africa to "lend their voice to efforts to stop the political violence that is ongoing in Zimbabwe."

The head of the Catholic Church in Zimbabwe, Archbishop Pius Ncube, criticised the South African government on Tuesday for failing to rein in Mugabe, saying it was in the best position to do so.

"They could force Mugabe to change but they have been watching this thing. It's now the eighth year it has been deteriorating," Ncube said.

And retired archbishop and Nobel peace laureate Desmond Tutu recently told African leaders to hang their hands in shame."[/b]

My sentiments exactly
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by ono(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2007
For the very first time in my stay here on this section of the Land, I got my eyes hurting. My friends said they noticed I've got red eyes now. LOL.

As per Mugabe and Zimbabwe, I could only say that Mugabe should have handled issues in his country in such a manner that everyone would live in peace while achieving the aims of his reforms.

And for a change, I'll love you all to proffer solutions to the problems ravaging that country on this board, rather than casting blames and aspersions! - even when Mugabe won't listen. Just keep on telling him what he ought to have done to better the lot of everyone in his country

Peace.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by buluti(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2007
loyika in my opinion "webometrics" does not constitute a good basis for ranking, maybe it is an indicator but not a good one.

You are dragging this issue i dont know any agency that concentrates on rating African Universities. You have stated the problem of data so really its all a matter of perception if you ask me.

My arguement is not that Univeristy of Zimbabwe or south african univeristies are not rated high but its an issue of perception.

Times used to have world rankings and at the last count no african univeristy was in the top 500 i think, if you have the world rankings you would see African Universities on it, these SA univerisities might be rated highly there i dont know but using webometrics would skew the results.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2007
Updates;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6486525.stm

"South Africa has come under pressure from the West over its reluctance to voice criticism of Zimbabwe. (i remember saying this)

But the authorities have insisted there is no alternative to its approach of quiet diplomacy towards Robert Mugabe. (That is a big lie
tongue)"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6482723.stm

Even Holy men are intervining, Mugabe's days are numbered. If God can do it for Nigeria under Abacha, He will do it for Zimbabwe.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2007
Update;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6480557.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/zimbabwe/article/0,,2043130,00.html

Hope Civil war doesn't break out, as the British and Americans might want to try another "Bay of Pigs" scenario. tongue
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2007
Old Bob has sent his daughter to school in London cheesy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/26032007/344/mugabe-daughter-studying-london.html
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2007
Update;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6490805.stm

Could the wily Old Fox be finally persuaded to go

We all wait in anticipation.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2007
I think the impending prospect of chaos on its borders as the World Cup approaches might force South Africa to act
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2007
This just points to the Self - Centred nature of the average African.

So the South Africans are worried about the WC in 2010 tongue leading them to finally come out. Like i alluded to, Thambo Mbeki is a first class coward. If this Crisis was happening in the Western African region, he would be there in the background, making comments about Nigeria being a "Paper Tiger" in Africa.

Just goes to show how effective South Africa is embarassed
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2007
@All the freedom fighters

I'm sitting here wondering why nobody is putting pressure on Omar Bashir in Sudan to end the crisis there?. . .Are you telling me that Zimbabweans are suffering more than those guys in Darfur?

Let's face the truth, Zimbabwe is in the forefront because of land reforms. Darfur which sees more violence and death, nobody is doing anything to the Sudanese Government.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by lewa(m): 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2007
If this Crisis was happening in the Western African region, he would be there in the background, making comments about Nigeria being a "Paper Tiger" in Africa.

Isnt Nigeria a paper tiger?A country that depends on ADB/World Bank/IMF to fund education,provision of potable water and health facilities and the like!A country with no visible governance~a country that sends its elite to S hospitals for catarrh and SA colleges for their kids!A country that her elite rule roughshod over its citizens!Anyone readind about events in Nigeria would be having a ball now~We are a paper tiger and it sometimes pays to know that!
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2007
@Donzman

If you know anything about Sudan,you will know that they are under a stricter sanctions regime than Zimbabwe.The major obstacle to UN action is China which has substantial oil interests in Sudan.

Do you want the US to invade them?
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2007
lewa:

Isnt Nigeria a paper tiger?A country that depends on ADB/World Bank/IMF to fund education,provision of potable water and health facilities and the like!A country with no visible governance~a country that sends its elite to S hospitals for catarrh and SA colleges for their kids!A country that her elite rule roughshod over its citizens!Anyone readind about events in Nigeria would be having a ball now~We are a paper tiger and it sometimes pays to know that!

Can we even be refered to as paper tigers? I think Nigeria as a paper mouse would be more appropriate.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2007
@4Play

Hahahaha. . .Sudan is under stricter economic sanctions and their leader get more media attention too. . .Hahaha!

Fact is that more people in the West know more about Mugabe than they do about Bashir. Why is this?. . .Mugabe is definitely not sitting on top a massive genocide that has claimed 200,000+ lives, I wonder why he gets more attention than Bashir!!
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by lewa(m): 3:08am On Mar 30, 2007
Can we even be refered to as paper tigers? I think Nigeria as a paper mouse would be more appropriate.

Better sill,David!Paper mouse!
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2007
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 31, 2007
Freedom fighter 4play, can I see some articles on the Sudanese Government?
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by debosky(m): 2:06am On Mar 31, 2007
sudan and mugabe are both examples of the same thing, the problem with sudan is the external (oil) interests of russia and china which prevent serious action from being taken. Those two countries are a disgrace to this continent, although i don't consider most of the northern sudanese true Africans, since they associate more with their arab brothers.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 31, 2007
For those who insist rather FALSELY that Mugabe just started the land reforms to save face, here is a description on the page 4Play posted;

Mugabe Up Close:
Shy and Brainy Guerrilla Leader;
20 Armed Security Guards
The Gentlest of Contenders
Redistribution of Land
Holding of Power in Doubt

Why do people like to argue under false pretences?
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 2:15am On Mar 31, 2007
Donzman:

Freedom fighter 4play, can I see some articles on the Sudanese Government?

Having excused relentlessy the excesses of Rob Mugabe,it is interesting that you now seek to point a distracting finger to Sudan .

I did a guick google search of Zimbabwe on my Opera Web browser and came up with 14,300 entries.Quite a lot you might think,until you perform a similar search on Sudan-96,100,000 entries.

A lot more money and time has been spent on the Sudan than Zimbabwe.There is no basis for comparison.If you know anything about my posts,you will know that very few bring up Sudan as much as I do.

Like  I asked you earlier,in the light of China's intrasingence on the issue,do you want the US to mount a unilateral military action in Sudan?
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 31, 2007
@4Play

I stopped taking you serious a while ago because I see you as nothing other than a LYING puppet. I remember you arguing with me that there were no sanctions against Zimbabwe about 2 pages ago. From the link you posted:

They also called on Europe to lift its sanctions, and for Britain to compensate white farmers for land seized from them in Mr Mugabe’s lawless “revolutionary land reform programme”.

I wonder what sanctions they speak of!!

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/magaisa6.13113.html

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/opinion248.16137.html

http://www.simbabwe-botschaft.de/news_detail.asp?key=504&archiv=1

http://trinicenter.com/cgi-bin/selfnews/viewnews.cgi?newsid1174238606,15732,.shtml

Concerning Sudan, yes individuals have been trying to bring attention to the issue with little success. If you and your friends in the BBC and CNN care about Africa, why does Mugabe get more attention in your channels than Bashir of Sudan?
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 2:22am On Mar 31, 2007
@Donzman

Can you please click this link-https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-41995.32.html
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 2:26am On Mar 31, 2007
Donzman:

@4Play

I stopped taking you serious a while ago because I see you as nothing other than a LYING puppet. I remember you arguing with me that there were no sanctions against Zimbabwe about 2 pages ago. From the link you posted:

I wonder what sanctions they speak of!!

You are such a harebrained dunce man.All you needed to do was to go back a few pages and actually read what I posted .
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 31, 2007
Can you please re-read my MODIFIED post?. . .There are definitely[b] economic[/b] sanctions against Zimbabwe no matter how covert you try to make it look. You and your cronies in the West need to realize that Africans are smartening up and are more able to look beyond the surface. Keep deceiving yourself, I know freedom fighters when I see them and you people agitating against Mugave AIN'T!
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by 4Play(m): 2:33am On Mar 31, 2007
Having made a fool of yourself,no mean feat giving that you are already notable for your unrelenting foolishness,I do appreciate  the sheer folly in responding to your ignorance
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by degoat: 2:46am On Mar 31, 2007
I truly don't care.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 31, 2007
4 Play:

Having made a fool of yourself,no mean feat giving that you are already notable for your unrelenting foolishness,I do appreciate the sheer folly in responding to your ignorance

Is that how you say you were lying. Do not lie to Donzman because I'll come back to expose you and your foolishness. There is no need to lie online, there are economic sanctions against Zimbabwe, thanks for playing though.

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/magaisa6.13113.html

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/opinion248.16137.html

http://www.simbabwe-botschaft.de/news_detail.asp?key=504&archiv=1

http://trinicenter.com/cgi-bin/selfnews/viewnews.cgi?newsid1174238606,15732,.shtml
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by loyika(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2007
Donz

Now you are really begining to take the piss, and pissing everyone off in the Process. WHAT IS YOUR bleeping PROBLEM!!

Are you related to the Man!? I can not believe that someone in his right senses will say that Mugabe is doing the right thing and leading his country to prosperity.

Donz if many in Africa are calling for him to leave, it's the few folks like you that hide behind a veil of "Pan Africanism" that enables Dictators like Mugabe to get away with these kinds of stuff.

Have you been to Ziombabwe EVER IN YOUR LIFE!? But Hey!! You have some Zimbabwean friends, so i guess everything is alright then, as your Pals tell you that they are happy with the Situation in the Country.

Donz!! 2 wrongs do not make a right. Because you keep bringing up situations like Sudan, does not excuse the situations in Zimbabwe. The world cannot all be a beautiful place, but if we can solve just 1 problem, it could be better at least for those people that live in that country.

Your need to act funny, calling everyone "Freedom Fighters" only shows how petty you are trying to be tongue As if you have a special vested interest in the place. Unlike you Donz, some of us have Relations (and friends as well) from the Damn country, who weep when they see their country crumbling before their very eyes, all because of 1 Individual, who would make us all believe that "without him, Zimbabwe will not get to the Promised land"
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by lewa(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2007
Very well,as of two/three days ago;regional leaders in the SADC issued a communique supporting Mugabe after their meet!Was astonished!It smelt of either delusional disorder on a grand scale or monumental stupidity!The Zims have meet have nothing good to say about the senile ape~only of galloping inflation,hunger and joblessness and emigration!So much so for the peer review mechanism Baba PDP a la Papa Africa is shouting from the roof tops about!
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2007
@Loyika

Nobody is supporting Mugabe here and saying that he's a good man. My point is that Zim's 1600% inflation rate has as much to do with western sanctions on Zim because they dared execute land reforms.

There are people like you who will do with being slaves on their own land even if it means they get crumbs and there are people like me who will rather die hungry fighting for mine than obtain crumbs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda / Only Beautiful Virgin Girls Are Allowed To Guard Gadafi / Sa Ready To Join Nigeria To Fight BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.