Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! (5922 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by texazzpete(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2007
@Donzman
Yes, mugabe executed land reforms. But was it positive or negative? When you destroy your country's hopes of producing agricultural produce in one fell swoop, just because of a personal lust to hold on to power, does that make you sensible?
The rape on democracy that has been going on in Zimbabwe is obvious even to the most myopic of observers. Coupled with his draconian policies and actions, which include the battering of all political opponents. . . mugabe's just an ass.
As you eat three square meals today and sleep in your comfortable bed, remember the people starving in harare. Even without western aid, before his 'land reforms' Zinbabweans could eat. don't give me that crap about western sanctions.
Re: Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2007
@texazpeete

See this is the sort of things that keep derailing the thread. How many times do I have to point out that Mugabe DID NOT start the land reforms in a bid to hold on to power?. . .Land reform has LONG been one of his objectives even before he became president. Didn't you see the TIME description of Mugabe I posted?

If Britian stood up to their own end of the land reform bargain, Mugabe wouldn't have needed to directly expropriate the lands. Britian wanted to play smart, Mugabe wasn't standing for that, now he's Devil Incarnate in a world with Omar Bashir in Sudan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda / Only Beautiful Virgin Girls Are Allowed To Guard Gadafi / Sa Ready To Join Nigeria To Fight BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.