Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,620 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65941 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by 1realBobby(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pidgin2:
This thread is FP material, OP try Lokoja or Ibadan, cool cities.

hmm... lokoja..never came to mind. But how cheap is accommodation there and cost of living?

BTW, how do I get on FP?? so more guys can assist...
thanks...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Marcelo290(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

hmm... lokoja..never came to mind. But how cheap is accommodation there and cost of living?

thanks...
I frequent lokoja and it's cool. Though not that urbanized. it is a civil service town and worker's wail all day about non payment of salaries, so searching for a white collar job wouldn't be easy.

But you would thrive well if you can get a good site for your welding job or open up a small business, the people there are very nice and great people, food and housing is also relatively and comparatively cheap.

All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

thanks...

If you can take a trip there to access the place you will like it.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by gannod(m): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
forreelinc:
borno

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by seunoni34(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ibadan. I served there so I know what I'm saying

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kwara and Sokoto not bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by BanevsJoker(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sambisa. Oh! wait, it's not a state.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by FaniDan(f): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

your reasons please... how cheap is renting a good house in Ibadan?
, Igboora is better rent 1000/month but Ibadan 3k without agent fee
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by GreatMahmud: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Enugu

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Rubbiish(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:
This thread is FP material, OP try Lokoja or Ibadan, cool cities.
Lokoja?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by chimeskigabby(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Aba, Abia state

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by steviano(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Your best option is KANO state! Kano is very peaceful and with your qualifications you will get job easily.... Accommodation is very cheap with plenty of foodstuffs at a very cheap price.... Constant electricity...

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by stasius: 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kebbi state or Niger state, Bida to be precise.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by allstarcomic(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
Just Dey come Oshogbo.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
LAGOS! Why you dey dull urself? All those other places go just fetch you peanuts... Go Lagos, hustle and make it big. You must not be the hustling type.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by jashar(f): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

isn't it difficult to get a good job in any of these places? + I don't think I like any northern place though.

In actuality, a lot of int'l organisations that carry out development projects have many openings in the North.

Especially UkAid funded programmes.

My mama no free me go. Me for don leave lag tey tey
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by hurricanekatrina(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
any state in d north.....
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by adekhingz(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
Come to Lagos. Iyana-ipaja Makoko, Oshodi, Ikeja, or Agege e.t.c, Rent a room for 36k per annum, buy food stuffs from the market, get a job close by (walkable distance). cool cool cool

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by emmie14: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

isn't it difficult to get a good job in any of these places? + I don't think I like any northern place though.

What do you really want?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by philkay(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please

come to Ife in Osun state. you can get one room at 24k per year depending the area. The remaining money you could start selling second hand goods or preferably other profitable businesses.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by bright007(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
Temidayo9:
Ibadan
you want them to harvest his skull?

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by daniska3yaro(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
dnoable08:
Kaduna or Jos
Ryt
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Blackhawk01: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

Ibadan is better than Oshogbo, no gain saying that Oshogbo is kinda local(no hating) and not that industrialized but has stable electricity supply, cheap accommodation & even cheap food.

Areas like Iyana Church, Alakia has good power supply and accommodation is not that expensive. If you can get a space along Akobo Road to establish your welding skill, you will make it in no time(from life experience).

Getting accommodation in Ibadan is not that difficult, I would have assist you with that but nairalanders are quick to call you names. You can check Jide TAIWO on Google, website www.jidetaiwoandco.com they have properties across the country, you can even get Ibadan accommodation before your arrival and move in immediately on your arrival

Goodluck

#Word cool
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Idrismusty97(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
If you don't like the northern region then you are not ready to relocate. Personally i will rather pick a job in the north with 50k as salary than to pick any southern state with 100k salary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by clems88(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
ibadan or akure is your best bet in South west.. Things are so relatively cheap in ibadan. You'd get single room self con around apete area (though a rural place but very populous cuz it's closer to the polytechnic, Ibadan) around 60k upward, you can also get around 70k upward around eleyele axis, eleyele is better than apete in so many ways and there are three tetiary institutions situated in that area, electricity is very good. And if you can afford something 150k, you'd get a tiled single room self con in old bodija (an estate) or challenge and so forth.. Some part of ibadan are very peaceful, once you don't stay around all those ghetto areas like, bere, mopol and all the so called ibadan central cities.. Food is cheap, transport too. But getting a good paid job in ib can be so frustrating, so it would so much be in your favour if you are self made and get a shop/office in some selected parts of ibadan. Don't forget ibadan is a very big city, the biggest in west africa i believe so there are lots of places you can surely stay. Those places i mentioned to you are places i'm so familiar with. And things are not as cheap in akure as ibadan though but still cheap to some extent.. Transportation is kinda expensve in ondo state generally than most other south west states. And food is still kinda expensive too but ondo state i believe is still the most peaceful state in south west presently and akure is beautiful to some extent. But even though it is a state capital, it is still somehow scanty unlike few other state capitals. But you'd surely get cheaper accomodations in places like oke aro, oba ile and few other places and if you have a degree that can be considered for a teaching job, then you'd probably get to earn about 15k - 25k or more monthly depending on the kinda school you get. This teaching job applies to ibadan also. And if you don't care much about all those online report about osogbo then it's a city you can give a trial too. You'd get accomodation for 60k i mean single room self con but i don't know much about their jobs.
osogbo is peaceful and things are also relatively cheap but for white collar job its a no no undecided unless you know some one that can fix you in a bank or govt parastatal. That's the little I know for the months I stayed there
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by cardoso111(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Oyo state, Ibadan in particular

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by klassd(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Benue, nassarawa, jos
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by klassd(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

your reasons please... how cheap is renting a good house in Ibadan?
don't go to Ibadan oo, they won't let u prosper with there juju, too much juju in many houses. Better look for one nice northern state o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by moonnstar(f): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
dnoable08:
Kaduna or Jos
kaduna is okay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Danladi7: 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

thanks sir... but which do you think IS preferable for someone trying to settle down?
If your work depends on electricity-osogbo

if not,City of Ibadan

I currently reside in Ibadan but I may relocate to osogbo very soon.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Blissbeatz(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
Borno state, u fit start from, if u survive for der... Forgettiiiiii u go survive d rest state chikena
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Danladi7: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
klassd:

don't go to Ibadan oo, they won't let u prosper with juju, too much juju in many houses. Better look for one nice northern state o
what is this one saying?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.