Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65950 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Deo1986(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
My friend, i am inviting you to portharcourt. Firstly, your skill will get you a good offshore job in no time. Secondly, 60k from your 100k will get you a one room apartment for a year. Thirdly, portharcourt is a land of opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by 91119111c(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
try chibok, in borno, food is cheap, guns and bombs are cheap, u cn Evn pik some on d road, only a "LITTLE" problem of Boko Haram, which m sure u knw BUHARI and LaiLie Muhammad have sworn to hav tkn care of, enjoy ur stay in chibok my freind

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by bibicici(f): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Temidayo9:
Ibadan
Ibadan is not cheap o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by blessedman12: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please
uyo is ok for a starter.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ask God not nairalanders! God can now minister to you in a re-assuring way!! The most important question is "will God be involved?"

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by seunoni34(m): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2017
klassd:

don't go to Ibadan oo, they won't let u prosper with there juju, too much juju in many houses. Better look for one nice northern state o
juju? Ibadan? You must be one of those ibos who judge SW states from afar. I'm so sure you've not been to ibadan before. If you had said Ogun state & juju I fit believe you small. But ibadan? Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by seunoni34(m): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2017
moonnstar:
kaduna is okay
kaduna is not cheap o!
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by diuloaku(m): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Silumi:
It's jos now.okro..50....ugwu50...palm oil.120..meat 200other additives 100=420= a pot of soup .....a one room apartment can be as low as 20 k yearly in some areas.#jos# o that town is old people's home

are you in Jos presently? there are some questions I need answers to please....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by adegunwa4real(m): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
fineyemi:
I usually have light for days without those NEPA taking it. sometimes for weeks. and of they take it, they will bring it back immediately. I stay at oke baale area close to UNIOSUN

Hello, can we discuss in private? Can I contact you on WhatsApp?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Kokaine(m): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Smh
seriously. that place is cheap
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by lonamy: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...

My brother, I will advise you to pray about this matter. If you relocate to dry land you will find yourself to be blamed.

There is no place that has good security in Nigeria. A place you think is secured can be extremely dangerous when it comes to ritual killings.

Ibadan may be quiet but what is the level of prosperity compared to Lagos. In terms of security, if you rent a place in a cheap area in Ibadan, you have extremely exposed yourself to petty thieves and classify yourself below expectations, because the kind of people there may not have aspiration beyond their nose. Though, this is not exclusively correct because great footballers and musicians came out of Ajegunle getto, but the opportunity is that they are close to prosperous environment.

I will advise you, prayerfully, move to anywhere in Lagos or Ogun state, where you can get house with that your savings and aspire for the best in life.

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by santakris(m): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:
This thread is FP material, OP try Lokoja or Ibadan, cool cities.

Loko what? OP no try am o.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by mrinsurer: 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
Aba-Eyimba city.The cheapest city in Nigeria with a lot of opportunities.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by AAliyud(m): 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Raintaker(m): 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Niger state- Minna
Osogbo- Stable light depends on your area and light is no longer as stable as it was years ago.
Lagos- No light but you can get cheap accomoadation in some areas Like Mushin and Ikotun.
Ibadan-Things are relatively cheap, no stable electricity also.
Enugu- Things are expensive, no water, light depends on the area too, accommodation is expensive also only transport is cheap.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Kokaine(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

isn't it difficult to get a good job in any of these places? + I don't think I like any northern place though.
if you have ever stayed in the north, you wont have that opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Mafintin894(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
YOBE
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nowenuse: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
diuloaku:
how good is Kaduna state? planing on moving to a northern state but don't know which that will be cool for hustling like Abuja... any suggestions will be highly welcomed.

If you are talking of hustling northern cities, then Kaduna and Kano is your best bet.

If you cannot speak hausa at all and you are not good in learning languages easily, then Kaduna is better because about half of all Kaduna residents can speak english/pidgin due to the high population of christians there. If you also are the socializing type, then Kaduna is also a better option for you.

If you prefer a northern city with very good weather and beautiful landscape, extremely friendly natives, very cheap and assorted foodstuffs and vegetables. Then try Jos. Although Jos is not a hussling place like Kaduna or Kano. It's more of a civil service town, but it is neater and comparatively cheaper than Kaduna and Kano. And also not to forget, social life is Jos is very hot and high.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by DAMILAREY85: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
with ur experience in Welding Low Hydrogen and Argon welding. Lagos is the best place for u cos u can easily link up with guys who u can work for as an attachment for offshore tank works if u have TANK FAMILIARIZATION and SEA SURVIVAL TEST and get a room apartment for a start til u gather enough money to live a better life and it is also easier for u if u not married so that u can hustle as a guy man till u r man enough. Wish u the best in ur decision making. Lagos the Land of multiple opportunities.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by oshorstan(f): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

Benin city, Ikare Akoko
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jaiyeola24:
you forgot to tell him how cheap Oshogbo weed is kikikiki
I don't need to tell them that they know the price already.They are always on it!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Halyma(f): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
forreelinc:
borno
I wicked oo
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Arysexy:
All these ppl recommending Ibadam and ogbomosho to d Op, hope una no get plan to mine his skull?

OP Benin is relatively cheap, with 80k u get a mini flat and food are cheap too cos ab0kis bring down plenty food through d Abuja auchi route.

Try calabar, another cool and cheap place, if not for north wahala, I prefer Jo's, minna or markudi
Because those people see beyond Igbo people tribalism and inferiority complex!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by NovusHomo(m): 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Temidayo9:
Ibadan

Oh, so they finally created Ibadan State? grin grin
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by mezcri(m): 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

isn't it difficult to get a good job in any of these places? + I don't think I like any northern place though.

Abeg no dey classify Jos as North please.
Come to Jos and you'll not wanna go back home.

For Jobs. Everywhere in Nigeria the problem is same. But it just depends on who you are, what you can do and what your qualifications are.
Anywhere you go there's a job for you if you are a good at what you do and are the best in your speciality, even if Job no dey they will create one for you.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by mezcri(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

If you are talking of hustling northern cities, then Kaduna and Kano is your best bet.

If you cannot speak hausa at all and you are not good in learning languages easily, then Kaduna is better because about half of all Kaduna residents can speak english/pidgin due to the high population of christians there. If you also are the socializing type, then Kaduna is also a better option for you.

If you prefer a northern city with very good weather and beautiful landscape, extremely friendly natives, very cheap and assorted foodstuffs and vegetables. Then try Jos. Although Jos is not a hussling place like Kaduna or Kano. It's more of a civil service town, but it is neater and comparatively cheaper than Kaduna and Kano. And also not to forget, social life is Jos is very hot and high.

Worddd!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
Stelvin101:
See skull miners and Boko Harams deceiving themselves thinking someone from the South or East will fal victim and relocate to their hell haven. cheesy
wetin person go go do in southeast when the owners of the place are even running away from village people grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Silumi(f): 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
diuloaku:

are you in Jos presently? there are some questions I need answers to please....
Yes u can ask.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Skyfornia(m): 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
Onitsha, Anambra state.. Thank me in two years time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by diuloaku(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Silumi:

Yes u can ask.
is

is there a building materials market in jos and how much will it cost to rent a shop there? thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Adamawaswt(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kastina, zamfara, sokoto, JOS, gombe and nassarawa
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by diuloaku(m): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

is there a building material market in Kaduna? what kind of business strives in Kaduna? thanks for the answers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.