Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! (1993 Views)

What's One Sex Myth You Know Is A Lie But Everyone But Everyone Seem To Believe? / “you Shouldn’t Have A kitten And Be Broke” – Bobrisky Advices Slay Queens VIDEO / My Uncle Insists That I Shouldn’t Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by ORAGBON(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jzhane 27/11/2017 Uncategorized 4 Comments

My name is Angela (Not real name). I have three beautiful children. All girls. I am also happily married to Edward.

But I did something very bad and I cannot find help myself.

At a business retreat in Paris six months ago,my colleagues and I went out during one of the nights we were in Paris. We partied late into the night and most of us were actually drunk.

I am ashamed of myself because I can take alcohol but I never actually got so drunk the way I did that night.

Frank,one of the company’s representative from Cape Town was quite flirty with me. It started out innocently but both of us had had too much to drink. We actually had sex and I regretted it after.

I thought I had out that incident behind me when I traveled and returned back to Nigeria. I was on protection for two years so it didnt cross my mind that I could be unprotected when the sad incident with Frank occurred.

About seven weeks later,I fell ill. I treated malaria but it didnt subside. Eventually,my husband rushed me to the hospital after I suffered high fever one night. At the hospital,all tests came back negative. The doctor suggested a pregnancy test. I was on drip while all of these were going on. The pregnancy test came back positive.

My husband was truly overjoyed when he broke the news to me. Here I was,in total confusion as to how I got pregnant yet my husband was over the moon.

I know the pregnancy was a result of my fling in Paris. I just know. So I pretended to be happy but I was very sad.

As soon as I left the hospital,I arranged to have an abortion in another hospital. The abortion would have gone very well but I began to bleed so badly when the procedure was taking place. It became a battle to save my life. Eventually,the doctor advised against the abortion. He said my body was not taking it well.

I bleed so much I actually thought I had lost the baby.....Read More

http://livelystones.com.ng/1739/
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
come clean to your husband RIGHT AWAY about the fling (he is the only one's forgiveness you need) and accept his wrath....however it may come. good luck!
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by optional1(f): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
silly things silly people do and blame it on drunkness...
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by ifex370(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
optional1:

silly things silly people do and blame it on drunkness...

Very sad people look for stupid excuses to shift blames... Every single one of us
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Brb wink

Misswrite come here quick grin

Modified:

Wow! Wtf! I could never wish this even on my worst enemy. Bleep! Ok... baby was meant to be, she tried everything possible to correct the error but this was the destiny. What do you do now? 1 of 2 tell the truth or hold your peace. This is the true test of a person's character.

#Touchwood if this was me, I hope and pray that I could do the right thing, whatever the right thing is. Shittt, I don't know what I would do cry cry cry

Misswrite, over to you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by MissWrite(f): 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Personally, I know that I could never keep this kind of secret. It would eat me up everyday, watching my son grow and bond with his 'dad', knowing that (especially in my life) the truth would likely find its way out - maybe there's a medical emergency that requires compatibility tests for a transfusion or transplant.It's just too much for me, I can't even take it one day at a time. I would probably, nay most likely, come clean, and take the consequences early on. That way I would also spare the boy the uncertainty down the road.

But with this, no one can tell you what to do. if you open up to your husband, you might lose him. Or you might not. he may surprise you with his forgiveness. But if he ever found out twenty years later, and that you kept this a secret for all that time..........put yourself in his shoes.

Be strong, and trust that the truth would set you free. Don't jump the gun, though, you might want to do a prenatal paternity test to be really sure.
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by AryEmber(f): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
If I was a guy and you do this to me? I would kill you! Adultery I may forgive but spending my whole life raising and loving a son with everything I have only to find out he's not mine? you should kukuma kill the man now and be done with it!

1 Like

Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
Reason i support DNA
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
MissWrite:
Personally, I know that I could never keep this kind of secret. It would eat me up everyday, watching my son grow and bond with his 'dad', knowing that (especially in my life) the truth would likely find its way out - maybe there's a medical emergency that requires compatibility tests for a transfusion or transplant.It's just too much for me, I can't even take it one day at a time. I would probably, nay most likely, come clean, and take the consequences early on. That way I would also spare the boy the uncertainty down the road.

But with this, no one can tell you what to do. if you open up to your husband, you might lose him. Or you might not. he may surprise you with his forgiveness. But if he ever found out twenty years later, and that you kept this a secret for all that time..........put yourself in his shoes.

Be strong, and trust that the truth would set you free. Don't jump the gun, though, you might want to do a prenatal paternity test to be really sure.

What if she lost everything thou? Husband takes their kids, house and money? Do you really think the child would thank her down the line...

Sometimes, your clean conscious can take the back seat, while you do right by others. For the sake of the children sometimes to shut up and learn from your mistakes might be your only choice.
Also, don't forget she's not offering the child a father, because she doesn't even know if the other guy would want the child... It's such a complex situation to be in. I guess it's one of those "you have to be there to know what to do".

You're such a softy though grin

See me lie to die grin grin (santa look the other way)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by MissWrite(f): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dimples129:

What if she lost everything thou? Husband takes their kids, house and money? Do you really think the child would thank her down the line...

Sometimes, your clean conscious can take the back seat, while you do right by others. For the sake of the children sometimes to shut up and learn from your mistakes might be your only choice.
Also, don't forget she's not offering the child a father, because she doesn't even know if the other guy would want the child... It's such a complex situation to be in. I guess it's one of those "you have to be there to know what to do".

You're such a softy though grin

See me lie to die grin grin (santa look the other way)

grin @softie. Really, though... smiley

Yes. I guess it might seem (or be) selfish to clear my conscience at the risk of breaking up the family. What they don't know won't hurt them, right? I understand your position. Her position. And I know that it probably requires the greater sacrifice. I just wish it could be that simple. But in my life, I've been prone to always being found out. I do not trust buried bodies. I've tried to get away with things that should actually not be too hard to get away with, and somehow (out of the blue) someone asks a question or chooses that moment to look into a place that has been forgotten for years. I learned very early that I can't get away with things. Not me. So I actually see only two choices: 1. Tell him now. 2. Let him find out by himself, whenever that is. The former offers a slightly better chance at reconciliation. And the consequences of the latter seem more dire (in my mind. Maybe because I think I can handle separation better than the alternative), depending on how far in the future that would be. Father and son would both be devastated for living a lie. If he would have forgiven my indiscretion, he might not forgive my attempt/ decision to hide it and deceive him. It's a mess really.

2 Likes

Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by duduade: 1:59am On Nov 28, 2017
Pray he grows up to be a good child and die with the secret...
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by Belafonte(m): 4:42am On Nov 28, 2017
Lol. God smite me with seven plagues if I don't conduct a paternity test if/when a woman of this generation births a child for me.

duduade:
Pray he grows up to be a good child and die with the secret...
The husband will find out grin grin
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked
Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by AngelicBeing: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin

Re: I Knew I Shouldn’t Have But I Was Too Drunk…now,i Am Living A Lie! by FinallyFamous: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
God forbid bad thing

(1) (Reply)

I Wish I Told Her. But It's Too Late / Man Filmed Masturbating On The Floor At JFK Airport (photos) / Help! My Friend Has Low Libido And His R/ship Is About To Crash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.