Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

"My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (24653 Views)

Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Habyz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
For 47 years the grandpa didn't discover that the gods couldn't save themselves?
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Heartbender: 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hahaha
Who is like unto Thee? Oh, Lord? Among the gods, who is like Thee? Glorious in holiness, fearful in praises. Always doing wonders. hallelujah!
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by femi4: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
NewsWorthy247:

Just a question asked by me....

Jesus was crucified so he cant help himself same goes to the gods his grandpa is worshipping
Jesus surrendered his life
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by DeepSight(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
unfortunately, even if I typed a long post and started explaining from today till next week, you'd never agree that you are wrong. Has anyone been sacrificed in Christianity or u just felt like quoting me ?

What is so sad is that you are not just dafft, but you are also a compulsive and pathological liar. So according to you as per the bold, there is no doctrine of sacrificial death in Christianity? What a twerp.

3 Likes

Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by DeepSight(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
this is one thing you guys don't understand, Christianity is not base in human sacrifice,it is base on what christ did for sinful men .

what is the wages of sin? death, who is guilty of sin? me,how can I be saved? a blameless Lamb who know no sin must paid for my sin (death) Jesus is the sinner substitute, he died my death.

What compulsive nonsense is this?

Was Jesus human? Yes. Was he sacrificed? Yes - as per per your doctrine.
So how is this not human sacrifice?

3 Likes

Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

Tell that to the man who figured the arm of his 'god' was ripped off by a 7 month old kid.

For starters, Christians do no concern themselves with the statue of Christ. It is purely idolatry. And while the likes of the man would pour oil, palm wine or break kolanut over the idol, the same cannot be said on the statues of Christ. Most importantly, those who ascribe worship to objects fail to see the bigger picture in the real scheme of things.
The arm of the 'idol' was broken,not his god as you claim.. The idol is a Visual manifestation of the man's god..i guess the man himself doesnt understand that.
You christains claim the Bible is the word of God,but the bible can be torn and can also be burnt or destroyed altogether...by a 7 month old as well..should we now say the bible is not the word of God as christains claim since it can be destroyed?
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
DeepSight:

You dey mind dem.. Dey always try to twist the FACT even when it is staring at them in the face
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Julivas(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
NewsWorthy247:

Just a question asked by me....

Jesus was crucified so he cant help himself same goes to the gods his grandpa is worshipping

Not that He can't help Himself, but decided to go that way for the salvation of mankind.
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by sinaj(f): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
whitebeard:
nice response
thank u
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by sinaj(f): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
kinibigdeal:

This Sinaj self
wot i do
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by sinaj(f): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
kendylet:
he meant the god should have done something to show he is a real god, but it didnt do anything when the poor child broke the hand which basically mean he is a DEAD god not worthy to be worshipped! #MyOpinionTho...
nevermind.

She has modified the paragraph i was referring to.

Thanks tho
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by blackbeau1(f): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
DeepSight:

What is so sad is that you are not just dafft, but you are also a compulsive and pathological liar. So according to you as per the bold, there is no doctrine of sacrificial death in Christianity? What a twerp.
it's only people who don't know what to say that resort to insults . So pls dear professor who else sacrificed his life in Christianity ? Infact who else was sacrificed ?
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by DeepSight(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
it's only people who don't know what to say that resort to insults . So pls dear professor who else sacrificed his life in Christianity ? Infact who else was sacrificed ?

You must be drunk. What do you mean "who else?"

Why are you trying to divert attention to anybody else.

The core doctrine of Christianity is based on the ritual human sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth, no?
So what are you on about?

Please go and wear your nappies and get out of my sight.

1 Like

Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by sinaj(f): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
ollah1:

The story you read from the story book. Do you know what that god told his own "Peter"?
adont have power diz nite for debate.
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by blackbeau1(f): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
DeepSight:

The core doctrine of Christianity is based on the ritual human sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth, no?

ahn more childish insults .
So Christianity is about ritual human sacrifice
You wrote @ above as though human sacrifice occurs everyday in Christianity . Anyway , I really shouldn't be arguing with someone who instead of logical arguments , zigzags and uses petty insults as arguments.
Just so u know,next time you wanna argue ,could you at least research it so you can have points instead of using insults. It doesn't speak well of you .
That's my last take on this matter. Pls don't mention me again .
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by DeepSight(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
ahn more childish insults .
So Christianity is about ritual human sacrifice
You wrote @ above as though human sacrifice occurs everyday in Christianity . Anyway , I really shouldn't be arguing with someone who instead of logical arguments , zigzags and uses petty insults as arguments.
Just so u know,next time you wanna argue ,could you at least research it so you can have points instead of using insults. It doesn't speak well of you .
That's my last take on this matter. Pls don't mention me again .

Sharrap there, its obvious you cant face up to the silly paganistic basis of your religion: alleged ritual human sacrifice. Simple. Now run along, little girl.

2 Likes

Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Fargo69(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2017
Is this a shrine or a flower shop
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Fargo69(m): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2017
That guy can lie sha
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by malvisguy212: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2017
DeepSight:

God sacrifice his desire to solved man problems of sin. what do I mean by this? what happened on the cross is the highest form of evil man can do.

God used the evil of the cross to solve man's problem of sin. The cross is a reflection of all the evil of man. The cross is a picture of what any criminal should deserve. God experienced the cruelty of the cross as if He was a hardened criminal just so He can make a payment for man's sins.
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by malvisguy212: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2017
DeepSight:

when you made a sacrifice, to whom are you sacrificing to? the Bible say Jesus paid the ransom, to whom did he paid to? do you think He is negotiating a deal with Satan to free us from sin?

yes is a sacrifice, but is more than what you think,I will give you two verses,analyze them yourself:

In Psalm 49:7–8 , we read, “Truly no man being the recipient of a ransom. In Psalm 49:7–8 , we read, “Truly no man can ransom another, or give to God the price of his life, for the ransom of their life is costly and can never suffice” In
Psalm 49:15, we then read, “But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol, for he will receive me.”
Re: "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man by Eliu(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
You are dump for asking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Damilola Mike-bamiloye Prayed In Yoruba Language At A Christian Conference In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.