Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? (22607 Views)

Ten Pictures That Were Taken At The Right Time / Wes Verification Request For Master Degree In Unilag / 2018/2019 Futminna Postgraduate (master's Degree Program ) Discussion Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? by meritinunilag(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2017
#inspiration
Re: When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? by aumeehn: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
valentineuwakwe:

yes, am not the outgoing type but i love flexing but the moment i was posted to Gaanda village in Gombi LGA of Adamawa state in August of 2009, i just know say wahala don burst so i got to readjust and focus....the other fellows came with a plan also an we all had enough in our account on pass out day....it was N9,800 Alawe then, plus 5k paid by the village LCDA and the LGA so i save 5k monthly, 5k for joint economic council and manage the rest....we even did waec and neco, plus JAMB runs......you know as e dey been....we gat husle anywhere....Corper Kasim, Corper Nonso and me Corper Val....they will be laughing wen they see these write up....we even pay and wrote the Nigerian institue of Management (NIM) exam and passed!....Cheers

VAL202
kudos bro!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? by Sanctus1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
ONCE YOUR FIRST DEGREE STARTS PUTTING FOOD ON YOUR TABLE...
Re: When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? by PhilipReigns(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
AntiWailer:
Any time you feel like and you can afford it.

In Nigeria labor market, it makes no difference except you want to become a lecturer.

I did mine more than 7 years after my first degree.

I will never pay for any child's Masters. Once you are done with your first degree Go and make your money and study further if you want to.
Please, am in your shoes right now. I have certain amount of money, not below 1m. My parents re saying I should go do my masters, but on the other hand I wanted to invest d money in business. Am confused

My fears are:
1. After msc, what if I still can't find a job that befits a master's degree holder?

2. In the event that I can't get a PhD grade cos of family expenses and distractions (am married wit two kids), will I still be able to secure a lecturing job, or be advised to go for M. Phil before PhD, I can't imagine such time wastage.

3 I'm 27, at what age after msc will I really get a good job, or will it still boils down to business after msc when a good job isn't forthcoming, by then will I still have another 1 million capital to start a business with?

4. 2 years post nysc it's been from one menial job and business engagements to the other, no relevant job experience, having an msc without a good job experience, which dimension will that lead me to after acquiring it?

Bsc.Microbiology.
Prospective msc= still Microbiology
Your response will be appreciated!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month / Female Graduate Celebrated By Elderly Women (Photo) / Anne-Marie Osawemwemze Imafidon To Be Decorated By Queen Of England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.