Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,133 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Ghana Experience 2017 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Ghana Experience 2017 (62633 Views)

Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked. / Flight Took Off In 2018 And Arrived Destination In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by zuto4u(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
You shall live long my sister
TemmyTee82:

What "states" do you speak of? You got me confused.

Tell your babe to come down here to Akure. It's quite organised too. We all know how choked up Lagos is. It's tiny and densely populated. So excuse the roughness.

We don't deny Nigeria has issues too. But stop comparing the good points of other countries to our bad points. We know our problems. We don't need any foreigners to gloat over us.

Those ones rocking to Nigeria jagajaga. Well. Na their bad belle go kill them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Rapsino(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
For Naija travellers wey dey always think say life start and end for Accra, una no sabi anything. Enter kumasi, Takoradi,then you fit come back come talk better.

Na same way foreigners wey land for lekki/VictoriaIsland area for lagos or some areas for abuja for dem first tym for naija go dey hype Naija as dem never reach Okokomaiko,idumota for lasgidi and Kubwa and Co respectively for abuja.

As for Mr traveller white dey enter public bus and dey trek and jog for for lekki/victoria island too,so your talk no carry water undecided

Bottom line, if naija don tire you abeg port go ghana and stop the nonsense comparison wey no hold water wey u dey do undecided
haba kubwa z cool o, mayb u av nt com to kubwa. kubwa z a rural area
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
asuustrike2009:

OK but you should have stated it in your article. You were just painting the whole of Nigeria bad and Ghana good
the truth is bitter.. I was just quoting the myopic ones... My brothers(including me) usedto have this olden days views about ghana and Ghanaians until they came visiting... In ghana there is comfort but to get comfort in nigeria, we have to pay. As Nigerians we can boast of economy, population, infrastructure... That is all.. A business man(foreigner) in Ghana once told me, for you to like nigeria, you must accept their norm or you must b living in nigeria as a Nigerian to accept the country not that you have a choice but it is what it is..

He concluded to say, " what is there to enjoy if you have or make money as a business man and can't enjoy peace ( comfort).

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by joinnow: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

2012 ohhh we both miss each other, came back same year, was in ghana for close to 2 years, but will be relocating to lagos island from the SS by next hear, it is abija i will like to visit

Abidjan is cool
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
the truth is bitter.. I was just quoting the myopic ones... My brothers usedto have this olden days views about ghana and Ghanaians until when they came visiting... In ghana there is comfort but to get comfort in nigeria, we have to pay. As Nigerians we can boast of economy, population, infrastructure... That is all.. A business man(foreigner) in Ghana once told me, for you to like nigeria, you must accept their norm or you must b living in nigeria as a Nigerian to accept the country not that you have a choice but it is what is it..

He concluded to say, " what is there to enjoy if you have or make money as a business man and can't enjoy peace ( comfort).
That's true. This is what we lack in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by zuto4u(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
God bless u my brother for not being gullible, myopic and sycophantic. I also love the competitive aspect of Lagos. Competition actually brings out the best in people
Godwin616:
The only area where I think Ghana has an edge is in their orderliness and discipline. Apart from that there is no way they can be compared with Nigeria both in terms of economy strength (GDP) and infrastructural development. And again OP, you don't use Lagos alone as a yardstick to measure Nigeria. For instance,while we may agree that Lagos is noisy and very competitive,the same cannot be said of other places such as Abuja,Calabar,Akwa Ibom,Minna etc. We appreciate how you shared your Ghana experience with us but then you need to be objective by comparing apple with apple and not comparing apple with orange.Nigeria is better than Ghana by all standard.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
the truth is bitter.. I was just quoting the myopic ones... My brothers(including me) usedto have this olden days views about ghana and Ghanaians until they came visiting... In ghana there is comfort but to get comfort in nigeria, we have to pay. As Nigerians we can boast of economy, population, infrastructure... That is all.. A business man(foreigner) in Ghana once told me, for you to like nigeria, you must accept their norm or you must b living in nigeria as a Nigerian to accept the country not that you have a choice but it is what it is..

Peace ni, war ko, which one i come dey enjoy for naija?

Nigerians hyping their problem since 1960

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
Aniedi30:
Ghana is really not what u think.. am a residence here but I think cost of living in Nigeria is better than Ghana and moreover don't think Ghanaians are friendly bcoz there all observing u just fuckup u will regret why u come closer
Leave op make he dey run him mouth. Na JJC just allow him. He hasn't entered thr real Ghana all those shining teeth with you na for show. And yes cost of living in Nigeria is way cheaper thijgs are God damn expensive in Ghana. They buy most of those goods from Nigeria and sell it ×3 the price one would have gotten it back in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Chukazu: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
Now to the second hotel where i lodged, eclipse hotel, cheap and quite accessible. The driver took my bag upstairs with the door to his matrix opened. That gives you a sense of safety.

13. When you start comparing the cost of there stuffs with an handicapped Naira, then you might not even be spending a kobo, you'll think those stuffs are expensive, not knowing that its due to a watery Naira. Coke goes for 2 or 3 cedis, which is like 222-333 naira, same as bottle water. So don't even compare.

But the coke tastes different and thicker.

14. Good Food, they sell jollof rice at every street corner, with nicely carved food shops just accessible. 2cedis, 4 cedis. Then, Ghana is a home of chicken, as they sell it alot likewise. And the nice thing is that almost at every spot, they microwave your food before serving you.

15. Mr Wale enjoying a nice meal of fried rice.

16. Bought this wanche with shittor for about 3cedis i think, here's a very cheap meal though. Really wanted to have a taste, and it was a nice mix of rice and beans.

Someone gave me a disinfectant few years back, after exhausting it I went to get an exact type as I really loved the thickness and amazing aroma.

Got to market started searching for all the biggest super markets to no avail, later it was discovered that the very brand was made in Ghana by a Company Headquartered in Nigeria but had their manufacturing unit in Ghana.
Comparing that disinfectant with any other Dettol made in Nigeria only made me realize the extent we are" playing draft" with one another... there's total lack of quality and excellence .
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by zuto4u(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
Exactly!!!
Pidginwhisper:
For Naija travellers wey dey always think say life start and end for Accra, una no sabi anything. Enter kumasi, Takoradi,then you fit come back come talk better.

Na same way foreigners wey land for lekki/VictoriaIsland area for lagos or some areas for abuja for dem first tym for naija go dey hype Naija as dem never reach Okokomaiko,idumota for lasgidi and Kubwa and Co respectively for abuja.

As for Mr traveller white dey enter public bus and dey trek and jog for for lekki/victoria island too,so your talk no carry water undecided

Bottom line, if naija don tire you abeg port go ghana and stop the nonsense comparison wey no hold water wey u dey do undecided
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Ugosample(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
zuto4u:
For u to say that US is organised means that u are high.......So end of discussion

Do You understand English at all

I said U.S. is more organised than Ng

If you think otherwise, then something is wrong with you
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

he came for a visit that is why the place still new , by the time he rents , pay bills and feeds , he will pull down most of the pictures here
He never see something. Me just dey read him thread dey laugh.

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by cutieme(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:
Bro buy from him, and go sell in ghana win win for both of u
Really?
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Pidginwhisper: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Rapsino:

haba kubwa z cool o, mayb u av nt com to kubwa. kubwa z a rural area
If I never reach Kubwa before I no go add am to my list. No be by coolness. Even slum dey cool for the dwellers
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by queenfav(f): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
mmsen:

I don't know where OP decided that things are cheap or value for money in Ghana - they are not.

Everything costs at least 50% more in Ghana.

Medicine that costs 1500 in Nigeria costs the equivalent of 10k in Ghana. Even the price at MMIA is cheaper.

Even Ghanaian kente cloth is cheaper in Lagos than Accra.

Electricity tariffs are at least double.

Water costs more. The food that your gateman will buy costs three to four times as much as what your gateman will pay in Nigeria.

And they don't have 24 hours electricity, the situation is better than Nigeria but they do have to run generator for roughly 10 hours a week, probably more during the dry season.

What I do like is that driving in Ghana is calmer but again, Accra does not have as many good roads as Abuja, Lagos, Kano or even somewhere like Calabar or Uyo. Which means that while there are fewer cars the traffic can become a real nuisance, especially on Liberation Road and Spintex.
Hahahahaha you are right o. I just no get power to type. When i went during Easter, I visited mokola Market, the kente I saw was 1500 per yard. It wasn't even a quality ankara. My aunt told me to chill and buy at Laconji border.. Na there i finally buy, nice ones of 4-6 yards for 3-5k..Food is expensive also, even inside at shoprite! Plus their cuisines are not it at all. I only enjoyed one drink called 5 fingers. A friend took me to a spot at labadi area to have that with chicken wings and shitor.I visited Labadi Beach near my hotel, it was so dirty and crowded.I had to leave earlier than I planned. The roads from Labadi area to the mall and even circle were quite good with beautiful scenery. Maybe because i travelled alone. Next trip is to a beach resort in Gambia!

4 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Notatribalist(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Mosque self worst
exactly
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by zuto4u(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
It is now very obvious that I have been wasting my precious time with a retarded nitwit. u are not worth my time so Bleep off!
Ugosample:

Do You understand English at all

I said U.S. is more organised than Ng

If you think otherwise, then something is wrong with you

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Chukazu: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
20. There's a church beside the hotel i stayed, on sunday while they were having there church service, i didn't hear a thing, i just saw people gushing out at the end of the service.

21. And social life is top notch, as they play life performance more that they use DJ's, you'd see a family go up to the stage to dance their sorrow away around 1am.

22. There's always light and water, so its safe to walk around even at night.

Summarily, my opinion is that Ghana is generally a better place than Nigeria , The People are friendlier and it much safer to move around even at the local markets. The crime rate is better .Nigeria could have been easy as well but owing to its population and fierce competition.
You may notice even foreigners taking public transport in Ghana but that would be difficult in Nigeria.

When it comes to cost of living there is no big difference and one positive thing in Ghana it easy to save money by going local i.e Local foods,Local markets etc.

You can most certainly experience such In some states in Nigeria...I think people tend to judge the entire country with Lagos and to an extent Abuja in mind,not knowing that Nigeria is bigger than those two states.

go to places like Enugu , CALABAR and Jos ,you would have almost similar experience

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
hotdealz:
Oh, you already dey Ghana dey make money, you come dey discouraged us from relocating. Why na?
If the place no good why you no come Naija??

melo melo
melo melo
la fe wi
melo melo
melo melo
la fe so

oya come , i no go argue grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:

This guy sha. grin
i totally understand the op ,
by the time his money finishes
he will see Ghana in its true colors
at those times , you automatically turn to be a patriotic Nigerian
by saying God bless Nigeria first thing in the morning grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol, I don't stay around those areas.

Which area do you reside Nne cool or you don't want me to come, and know that you don't know how to cook bah?
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
queenfav:
Hahahahaha you are right o. I just no get power to type. When i went during Easter, I visited mokola Market, the kente I saw was 1500 per yard. It wasn't even a quality ankara. My aunt told me to chill and buy at Laconji border.. Na there i finally buy, nice ones of 4-6 yards for 3-5k..Food is expensive also, even inside at shoprite! Plus their cuisines are not it at all. I only enjoyed one drink called 5 fingers. A friend took me to a spot at labadi area to have that with chicken wings and shitor.I visited Labadi Beach near my hotel, it was so dirty and crowded.I had to leave earlier than I planned. The roads from Labadi area to the mall and even circle were quite good with beautiful scenery. Maybe because i travelled alone. Next trip is to a beach resort in Gambia!

Circle is crowded like any part of naija, and not dat serene

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by doubleportion: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Keneking:
See how neat and orderly the city looks in the pictures...compared to Lagos undecided
Ambode, his cabinet members and entire Lagos State House of Assembly should go to Ghana and learn one or two things angry
Abuja, Uyo, Enugu can be compared to some parts of Ghana

I can also show you Lagos without Ajegunle!

Let him show you Ashaiman, Ashaiman new town, Tema new town, Adje kodjo and likes grin

4 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
Chukazu:

You can most certainly experience such In some states in Nigeria...I think people tend to judge the entire country with Lagos and to an extent Abuja in mind,not knowing that Nigeria is bigger than those two states.

go to places like Enugu , CALABAR and Jos ,you would have almost similar experience

No mind dem

3 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
doubleportion:

I can also show you Lagos without Ajegunle!

Let him show you Ashaiman, Ashaiman new town, Tema new town, Adje kodjo and likes grin
nima .kokonba ,

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by millionboi2: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:
40cl pure water is thicker than ours? Ours is 50cl na. Way thicker.
u no dey finish service?
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Fury007: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
Your story is so inaccurate. I dey Ghana here and I dey watch u in 3D. What does watery naira mean?!!!

Bottle of coke going for N120 in Naija dey go for abt N300 for Ghana, and you are yarning dust. Bring ur N120 and convert to cedi, u won't be able to afford dat same coke.. please receive sense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

i totally understand the op ,
by the time his money finishes
he will see Ghana in its true colors
at those times , you automatically turn to be a patriotic Nigerian
by saying God bless Nigeria first thing in the morning grin
Onatisi no kill me with laugh this evening abeg. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by lonlytroy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Nigeria does not start and end in ur local government or state or region self

Travel d 36 States plus abuja at lest visit 3 local government in each of d state den come back and tell me if Nigeria is organize or not

Do you have light in your house?
Are the roads good?
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Chukazu: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
izzyboi:
I don't believe that aspect you said their Coke is thicker... is it not the same Coca-Cola making it

Bro.the Coke you take in Nigeria is not the same in Other countries o..naija own be like blackcurrant embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Chukazu: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
izzyboi:
I don't believe that aspect you said their Coke is thicker... is it not the same Coca-Cola making it

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
IAMJojo:

Bros i jst pm u,pls do reply me,i want 2 spend my holidays in burkina faso,tour,how much do u tink it would cost me and how do i get there,its my ist time,kindly reply to my pm pls
hmm.. How can I help you? It is a really a long time.. I took a flight from Accra to ouga.. Ouga back to kumasi on road(annoying journey)..

Since you are going from nigeria, i think you need to go to benin republic. And get direct to ouga....

Or you come to Accra, Ghana and get direct to ouga.

I know that TCV buses leave Tuesday and Sundays in kumasi.. They leave at night 6pm and you reach ouga 10-11am... ( explained by my burkina babe then in school).

TCV buses goes to benin republic as well... All this you should find out at mile 2, Lagos or send border, benin republic..

About how much you need? 90k-100k..

Why burkina, I hope u don't mind my curiosity.. I believe you don't know French...

Burkina is good... At least, it is not disorganized like 9ja.. There are people doing biz there but somehow it can be slow. Not much purchasing power there but there people making it.

They have artificial beach, owned by a Lebanese.. A nice area I liked is ouga deux mille (ouga2000).

I enjoyed the scooter ride by my burkina babe as she took me round the city... Girls ride scooter alot. If you buy them scooter, na their car b dat...

Not much to say but I did appreciate been there and spending times with the family...

I am sorry I can't give much help as to the currency, places.... But the place is ok... There is light, water, security... The basics.. Lots of NGOs helping the economy...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Israelis Being Evacuated To Israel From Nigeria (Video) / 40 People From Zamfara Hidden Amid Cows Arrested In Lagos (Photos) / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.