Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

My Ghana Experience 2017 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Ghana Experience 2017 (62625 Views)

Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked. / Flight Took Off In 2018 And Arrived Destination In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

please lets forgive the op , this was most likely his first time of travelling outside his village so he didnt know . he was even very happy taking a selfie infront of a filling station and he was very amused with the french word bonjour grin

Savage. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Ugosample(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:
12.5ghc =N1000
You don't mean it!!!! shocked
The thing has appreciated o
I remember doing 8.6 to N1000 last yr
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
spactacus:
as I see the post had to check the pure water I'm drinking, my Ghana friend dey always complain, phone too cost, I actually don't know what wrong with op brain
Check ny monika reason i quote u, i was like wen did i write dis post b4 i saw dat it wasn't me

Hello name sak

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Notatribalist:
keep quiet oga.I have bn in Ghana for over 4years now,the churches here disturbs like they do in Nigeria
Mosque self worst

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Donsammi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
zuto4u:
Don't mind him bro. The only beautiful place Ghana can boast of is their capital which is Accra. And mind u, it is just very few places in Accra that are beautiful. I base in Dubai but my brother, the first time I came back to Nigeria and visited Abuja, I thought I was somewhere in Dubai. Mehn! My friend took me around the city of Abuja and I must confess that Abuja is damn beautiful. I can say same thing about Lagos as well. I have not really been to many cities in Nigeria but I know that there are a lot of beautiful cities in Nigeria coz I have seen the videos of many cities in Nigeria like Kano, Calabar, Owerri, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Uyo, Kaduna, Akure and many more. Honestly, if government can be able to fix the power problem in Nigeria, I don't think any other African country can be anywhere near Nigeria in terms of infrastructure and development apart from South Africa. I lived in Nairobi Kenya for one year and two months and I must tell you that Kenya is very far behind Nigeria. The only thing I like about Kenya is their stable electricity, though there are many places in Kenya that don't have electricity. And OP when next u want to compare, also remember to put into consideration the population of the country. I have been to so many countries and to be frank with u guys, I love Naija no matter what. I am from Imo state though.

lol
my brother tell me ooh.

Just that if you don't have a house in abuja
it's gonna hard for you ooh. dah Rent is killing
I stay in abuja tho.
Compared to some countries cities Abuja is better and okay..
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
1. Welcome to benin republic, picture 1 shows the border of Nigeria and Benin Republic. You have to trek while you pass any of the borders.

this got me cracking ,
so the op wanted to fly over the land border or what grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:

On top chicken. So what's cheap about that?

Will I not start exporting chicken to Ghana laidis?

I will partner u ohhh

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Mariangeles(f): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
The only way Ghana could be better than Nigeria is if the whole of Nigeria was razed by fire!
Nonsense!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by hotdealz(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
cutieme:
Guy,how i go take get these uk used lappy?
I get them available na. Whatsapp me for the ones you want.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mariangeles:
We Nigerians need to be be vigilant because there are many impostors among us posing to be Nigerian but are in reality foreigners insulting our country in disguise... We (Nigerians) can say stuff about our selves but no outsider has that right...like I said it's either the OP is Ghanaian in disguise or an unpatriotic fool.

This is true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by bigtt76(f): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Its called Waakye smiley

Ibcdesigns:
Now to the second hotel where i lodged, eclipse hotel, cheap and quite accessible. The driver took my bag upstairs with the door to his matrix opened. That gives you a sense of safety.

13. When you start comparing the cost of there stuffs with an handicapped Naira, then you might not even be spending a kobo, you'll think those stuffs are expensive, not knowing that its due to a watery Naira. Coke goes for 2 or 3 cedis, which is like 222-333 naira, same as bottle water. So don't even compare.

But the coke tastes different and thicker.

14. Good Food, they sell jollof rice at every street corner, with nicely carved food shops just accessible. 2cedis, 4 cedis. Then, Ghana is a home of chicken, as they sell it alot likewise. And the nice thing is that almost at every spot, they microwave your food before serving you.

15. Mr Wale enjoying a nice meal of fried rice.

16. Bought this wanche with shittor for about 3cedis i think, here's a very cheap meal though. Really wanted to have a taste, and it was a nice mix of rice and beans.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

Check ny monika reason i quote u, i was like wen did i write dis post b4 i saw dat it wasn't me

Hello name sak

Oh. I've been thinking it was the same person. Spactacus
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by bigtt76(f): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
Yea I remember too ....it was the lowest we went as a nation grin

Ugosample:

You don't mean it!!!! shocked

The thing has appreciated o

I remember doing 8.6 to N1000 last yr

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by nickxtra(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
5. Here is Total filling station at the entrance of Ghana (Afflao), it is obvious that the machine here is more sophisticated than those in Nigeria, I saw people paying for fuel by inserting atm cards in these machines, its all automatic.

6, 7, 8 Welcome to Accra, Ghana.

Is that not Total filling station with ATM powered fuel dispensing machines? Why can't they do same in their Nigeria stations?

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by TemmyTee82(f): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

I will partner u ohhh
Oya na. You provide the capital. Let's roll.

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by onatisi(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
even ghanians on this thread can see how ppl are puncturing the op claims . they themselves cant deny what many are saying here .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Aniedi30:
am telling you brother but is somehow easy but the mindset of Ghanaians is what make it not easy at all

For a business minded man this is why i say it is not below quote

Fhemmmy:

There economy is NOT great to afford good phones . . . Money isn't well circulated in that country and affordability of stuff is hard, except you selling Knock around phones and their duty is mad

2 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by joinnow: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Light 247 even when its raining heavily with thunderstorms.
Neat buses with conductors always carrying pouches with full coins no change wahala.
They too like holidays and observe it both civil servant and private bizman.
If any shop open during Holiday likely Nigerian shop grin
Their Politicians only thief small small.
Isreali,Lebanese etc are the ones investing heavily in their manufacturing, electricity etc.
Wages are paid weekly so every Friday is Gbedu tongue
Their ladies like Nigerian grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by vascey(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
edupedia:

....that exactly is the point....stop comparing Lagos to Accra...Lasgidi has bad and good...Accra and Ghana people are still relatively Loki's to Lagosians...Are we not talking about Lagos whose population is more than 75% of the total population of the whole Ghana?...there are bound to be advantages and disadvantages...next time u want to compare Accra u can do so with Calabar, Kaduna,Akure, PH etc but not even with Abuja....some of those food items like chicken jollof rice etc are tasteless compared to those in Nigeria....some of us have tried them before...so tasteless we were forced to be taking bread and sardines only....no food like ours....that is why our people find it profitable to set up Nigerian food centres in foreign lands like Dubai Uk US etc...even go to Monrovia there are fufu and amala centres....but some of u believe every Libya is better than naija....big mistake!....

God bless you jare.

Our country is big and diverse. Forget all the wahala, we are a wonderful people in a beautiful country.

Just that our government has refused to provide social amenities and opportunities for youths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ibcdesigns:
Now to the second hotel where i lodged, eclipse hotel, cheap and quite accessible. The driver took my bag upstairs with the door to his matrix opened. That gives you a sense of safety.

13. When you start comparing the cost of there stuffs with an handicapped Naira, then you might not even be spending a kobo, you'll think those stuffs are expensive, not knowing that its due to a watery Naira. Coke goes for 2 or 3 cedis, which is like 222-333 naira, same as bottle water. So don't even compare.

But the coke tastes different and thicker.

14. Good Food, they sell jollof rice at every street corner, with nicely carved food shops just accessible. 2cedis, 4 cedis. Then, Ghana is a home of chicken, as they sell it alot likewise. And the nice thing is that almost at every spot, they microwave your food before serving you.

15. Mr Wale enjoying a nice meal of fried rice.

16. Bought this wanche with shittor for about 3cedis i think, here's a very cheap meal though. Really wanted to have a taste, and it was a nice mix of rice and beans.
so coke and rice and beans are your problem? don't worry, just give me #1k and you'll have the best rice and beans you've ever tasted in your entire life plus a chilled bottle of a malt drink.

4 Likes

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
cutieme:
Guy,how i go take get these uk used lappy?
Bro buy from him, and go sell in ghana win win for both of u
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Ugosample(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
bigtt76:
Yea I remember too ....it was the lowest we went as a nation grin

I hear am that time eh

450 to $1

8.6 to 1000

But we survived, and I refused to do the conversion thing we Nigerians like to do, if not depression for wound me

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Ugosample(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
joinnow:
Light 247 even when its raining heavily with thunderstorms.
Neat buses with conductors always carrying pouches with full coins no change wahala.
They too like holidays and observe it both civil servant and private bizman.
If any shop open during Holiday likely Nigerian shop grin
Their Politicians only thief small small.
Isreali,Lebanese etc are the ones investing heavily in their manufacturing, electricity etc.
Wages are paid weekly so every Friday is Gbedu tongue
Their ladies like Nigerian grin

You realky flexed Gh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

I will visit abija next year.
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Aniedi30(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
spartacus11:

For a business minded man this is why i say it is not below quote

No doubt sir is 100% true
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by joinnow: 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ugosample:

You realky flexed Gh

2012 tour Gh for close to a month
2017 twice and will be returning next week end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by Mariangeles(f): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
Keneking:
See how neat and orderly the city looks in the pictures...compared to Lagos undecided
Ambode, his cabinet members and entire Lagos State House of Assembly should go to Ghana and learn one or two things angry
Abuja, Uyo, Enugu can be compared to some parts of Ghana
Nigeria does revolve around Lagos alone...I mean , open your eyes people...have you been or at least seen places like Akwa-Ibom state or Cross river state and likes of them...the vegetation, the beautiful natural scenery, the atmosphere, the moist fresh air...
Nigeria is a very beautiful country I swear with diverse landscape.
Ghana does not compare believe that.
Nigeria's only problem is corruption, when we tackle corruption every other thing will fall into place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:

please lets forgive the op , this was most likely his first time of travelling outside his village so he didnt know . he was even very happy taking a selfie infront of a filling station and he was very amused with the french word bonjour grin

Bro permit me to say god purnish u,
Lol see d way u round up Op, una bad guy i swear

Op fall our hand

1 Like

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by 360command: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
TemmyTee82:

I have no business with them. But you don't tell me my country is jagajaga and expect me to nod in agreement.
irrespective of where I am from and how I was raised, I speak for the public.. We can afford light, water, education, security, health etc but as a poor man in nigeria, you can't afford it.. But in ghana, such poor person can enjoy those things I am enjoying in nigeria.. That makes nigeria messed up..

We Africans we have our problem but here in the states where I live, I rarely here Ghanaians lament about no light, no water, insecurity... But when I am in my nigerian people or community, be it Yoruba, Igbo or pidgin, it is the same complain.. All this makes nigeria jagajaga.

In Ghana, it is a big shame when they play eedris abdulkareem song jagagaga... The song is a hit but the way they all go gaga and mock Nigeria, you will bend your head in the club..

Even my burkinabe gf was disappointed about how disorganized Lagos, Nigeria was when she came visiting.. She said, my country may not be rich as yours but there is a good sense of order living in burkina faso.. She was right when I paid visit to ougadougou and bobodioulasso...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by bigtt76(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
Like joke eh!

Ugosample:

I hear am that time eh

450 to $1

8.6 to 1000

But we survived, and I refused to do the conversion thing we Nigerians like to do, if not depression for wound me
Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by zuto4u(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
That is why I said that the population of the country should also be put into consideration. In every countries of the world, there are stubborn and calm people.
U might be able to control a group of 50 people in a geographical location but u might not be able to control a group of hundred people in that same location. Do you know that the population of the whole of Ghana is slightly higher than the population of Lagos alone? Nigerians should learn to be appreciative and grateful. I know that a lot of things are going wrong in Nigeria, but when you visit two or three different countries, you will understand that life is not easy anywhere.
Ugosample:

Have you been to Abidjan before

Abidjan will put both your Lagos and Abuja to shame

From the lights, to the superb infrastructures, to the central water system (Neither Lagos or Abuja has this) and many other things that I will rather not mention

The Problem with Nigerians is that we don't like telling ourselves the truth.

Accra infrastructure may be basic, but the simple fact that they are more law abiding, and are not scared of their law enforcement is enough to beat our so called Lekki etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ghana Experience 2017 by spartacus11(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
onatisi:
@op , come and tell us how ghana water taste oo
after all you said ghana coke is thicker than naija coke grin grin grin

U are a real visitor in ghana, this are fundamental questions only people who have live in ghana can ask

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Israelis Being Evacuated To Israel From Nigeria (Video) / 40 People From Zamfara Hidden Amid Cows Arrested In Lagos (Photos) / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.