Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) (26968 Views)

Okorocha Showing President Buhari The Statues He Erected (Photos) / Angry Governor Okorocha Speaks, Heads To Imo Police Command For A Rescue Mission / Rochas Okorocha Speaks To BBC, Says President Buhari To Return In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by dich: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
What a disappointment we have as a Governor!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by RedDistrict: 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sha pay december salaries on time so your workers can enjoy the xmas oga statue man

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by somegirl1: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
smile11s:

What about where it’s said Solomon was black? Does that not mean that David would have been black?

Fair point. However:-
1. It could be argued that he was "dark" or "black" - (depending on the version you read), relative to those around him - Song of Solomon 1:5.
The tall, dark and handsome trope doesn't apply to black men exclusively. Men of other races fit into this category by virtue of their darker complexion or hair colour.
Plus the use of "Black" as a description for Subsaharan Africans is relatively recent
2. If Solomon was indeed black, it would mean that at least one of his parents was black. That parent could very well be his mother which means there's no proof that David was black, which means that there also isn't any proof that Nathan, who might have been Jesus's ancestor was black.
3. If Jesus was infact a biological descendant of Solomon, there were 27 generations between Solomon and Jesus, by which time even the "One-Drop Rule" would be difficult to enforce; unless further racial mixing occurred, Jesus's physical traits could not have been anywhere close to "black".

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by smileyoo: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
may be okorocha is actually mad, without knowing it. the ghost slaps, he allegedly received from a ghost could be the reason for this his present state of madness, of been in love with ghost mode called statues. imolites bear with him, because you asked for it, through the voting process.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by obatez123: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
Waste of money
for your bulksms visit www.smshorizonng.com
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Vickiweezy:
Must we watch the video?? angry
Just say how much he spent on it angry angry
He did not say. He just said that his statues are not cheap and that he is not owing anyone including pensionersup till date!

The story come get k-leg when he said that what is happening in Imo-State is the issue of clearance undecided
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
Nothing wrong with the statues.

As a matter of fact, I would like to visit Imo state solely for the purpose of seeing the statues.

We go to other countries and admire the artefacts but frown when they are erected in our environs.
Such countries don't have priority abi

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
cockroach okoroawusa should erect one statue for me around Douglas junction... useless aboki man... we are waiting for him to dish out more lies from that his gutter mouth, Buhari come and carry ur pikin , Ndi oshi
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by sinceraconcept(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Emmasonic4me:
Rochas Okoroawusa... I support you... Oya knack me one statue sharperly...lol.. I hope you still get my picture to give the sculptor?Make sure it's a good one too... ... grin grin
Work in progress baba.......
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Psoul(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Okorocha

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by sinceraconcept(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Emmasonic4me:
Rochas Okoroawusa... I support you... Oya knack me one statue sharperly...lol.. I hope you still get my picture to give the sculptor?Make sure it's a good one too... ... grin grin
Work in progress baba..............

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by timilinda(f): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
Oga Presenter/Journalist, please stop calling it. STATUTE/STATUETTE, none of which Okorocha built. He built a STATUE!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by talk2percy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
Big criminal. Onye osi! Okoroawusa!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by innobets(m): 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
Nothing wrong with the statues.

As a matter of fact, I would like to visit Imo state solely for the purpose of seeing the statues.

We go to other countries and admire the artefacts but frown when they are erected in our environs.

I stand with you bro

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by smile11s(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
somegirl1:

Fair point. However:-
1. It could be argued that he was "dark" or "black" - (depending on the version you read), relative to those around him - Song of Solomon 1:5.
The tall, dark and handsome trope doesn't apply to black men exclusively. Men of other races fit into this category by virtue of their darker complexion or hair colour.
Plus the use of "Black" as a description for Subsaharan Africans is relatively recent
2. If Solomon was indeed black, it would mean that at least one of his parents was black. That parent could very well be his mother which means there's no proof that David was black, which means that there also isn't any proof that Nathan, who might have been Jesus's ancestor was black.
3. If Jesus was infact a biological descendant of Solomon, there were 27 generations between Solomon and Jesus, by which time even the "One-Drop Rule" would be difficult to enforce; unless further racial mixing occurred, Jesus's physical traits could not have been anywhere close to "black".

I get your point. Historically, Ethiopia had been a black nation. Was never colonized. They also traded in Silk Road as far back as 20000 years ago before Christ.

My point, what would you say about Queen Sheba of Ethiopia’s relationship with King Solomon. It’s written all over the Bible and Quoran.

Why is it that the Assyrian invasion of Israel only wiped out the Judeans from Israel. Remember, King Solomon and King David were king of Judea.

Finally, why did Mary take little Jesus to Egypt when Herold wanted him for dinner. FYI the part of Egypt that shares border with Israel is historically black and has always been till today. Been there.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by jumobi1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
Not in his interest to reveal the true cost. The statue building is an avenue to loot funds.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by hekkyboi: 1:28am On Dec 01, 2017
Bia Nwanne, akpuolagi?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Uncleshaga(m): 3:17am On Dec 01, 2017
Nwanne akpuola gi
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by kamsiobi: 3:44am On Dec 01, 2017
thanks
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by kamsiobi: 3:46am On Dec 01, 2017
thanks my brother,
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 01, 2017
smile11s:

I get your point. Historically, Ethiopia had been a black nation. Was never colonized. They also traded in Silk Road as far back as 20000 years ago before Christ.

My point, what would you say about Queen Sheba of Ethiopia’s relationship with King Solomon. It’s written all over the Bible and Quoran.

Why is it that the Assyrian invasion of Israel only wiped out the Judeans from Israel. Remember, King Solomon and King David were king of Judea.

Finally, why did Mary take little Jesus to Egypt when Herold wanted him for dinner. FYI the part of Egypt that shares border with Israel is historically black and has always been till today. Been there.
Queen of Sheba was Yemeni not Ethiopian. The Ethiopian legend "Kebra Nagast" is a myth. This myth legend tell about Ethiopian Menelik I (son of King Solomon and Queen of Sheba). It also tells that the Ark of the Covenant is stolen by Menelik I and he took it back to Ethiopia. The Aksum Zion church in Ethiopia claims it has it.

Form the extensive history I read about Ethiopia, it says that during the 9th and 10th century AD Ethiopians started to deliberately incorporated religious, cultural, social and political institutions of the Old Testament into their Orthodox Christianity. Then they started to identify their child as the 2nd and new Zion (new Israel). The royal families from 13th century AD onwards started to be connected with King David and Solomon. The Christian priests also started to be connected with the high priests of Israel. The legend of Queen of Sheba also started to be connected with Ethiopia.

https://www.nairaland.com/4180224/solomonic-dynasty#62552869
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by Profizzy(f): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2017
shocked shocked shocked 'What Imo state need is education' if they are educated they won't be saying negative things about the statues we erected'... Just imagine... If I were not a Christian, I for tell Amadioha to arrange a special thunder to scatter this man's mouth.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) by dataideas: 2:15am On Feb 28, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Has No Plans For Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo / PDP Governors Sent 10 Ministerial Nominees To Tinubu — Wike / Ganduje’s Son, Umar Abdullahi Ganduje Loses At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.