Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,431 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child (11086 Views)

ICPC To Arraign Ex-gov. Ahmed Yerima For Corrupt Practices / My Egyptian Wife Just Had A Baby And She Is In School. - Sen Ahmed Yerima. / Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by akanke79: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
i will like those who criticized the holy prophet of ISLAM to point out in his or her holy books ´the relevant verses where God Almighty says this is the age a woman can and mustnot marry.To me i felt those who criticized him as a , are ignorant of the practice over a thousand years how a woman's maturity was determined etc.No one has bothered to make a research about the customs and practice of the Arabs and the way their females appear .Before colonialism in the yoruba customs a woman's maturity starts once she starts her first menstruation and the lady was considered due for marriage.

One thing i know for sure is that maturity has nothing to do with age of a man or woman,In Europe you can never compare a 14yr old girls to that of Naija girls .why is the World so hypocritical when it comes to people doing the right thing like marriage,on the other if a 13 yr old sleeps around with different men as long as she doesnt get pregnant its ok.while the married gives birth to a legal and well cared for child the other gives borth to bastards,,HIV,Abortion ,STD'S etc.

TO THE MUSLIM HATERS ON THIS FORUM I SAY ITS BETTER TO MARRY ONE UNDERAGED LADY THAN ABUSE 200 DEAF BOYS THEREBY MAKING THEM GAYS AND A CANCER TO THE SOCIETY LIKE YOUR SO CALLED CATHOLIC PRIESTS DO.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by naijaking1: 12:10am On Apr 01, 2010
sick
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Superego: 2:49am On Apr 02, 2010
[B]Some corrections for NL: [I]{Feel free to intelligently challenge any of the info. below}[/I]

Though there may be a lot wrong with the wedding. Here are some of the things that are not wrong. And thank me later wink[/B]

1. If she is post pubertal, then this is [B]NOT pedophilia.[/B]

Pedophilia

Clinical pedophilia

Clinically, pedophilia is defined, to give one definition (from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4th edition, Text Revision, American Psychiatric Association): Diagnostic criteria for 302.2 Pedophilia

* A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or[b] behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children[/b] (generally age 13 years or younger).
* B. The person has acted on these urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
* C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.

[B]2. Marriage at this age is allowed in USA[/B]

Marriage Laws in the US by Age
http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/newhampshire.htm

New Hampshire: A female between the age of 13 and 17 years and a male between the age of 14 and 17 years can be married only with the permission of their parent (guardian) and a waiver.

New York: If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you will need to have a completed parental consent form filled out by both parents. If you are either 14 or 15 years of age, you will need to show the written consent of both parents

[COLOR=#990000]North Carolina:[/COLOR] Applicants 18 to 20 must present a certified copy of their birth certificate. Applicants 16 and 17 must present a consent form signed by the parent, individual, agency or institution having legal custody or serving as the legal guardian of the underage party. (birth certificate is also required). The consent form must be notarized. [COLOR=#990000]Applicants 14[/COLOR] and 15 must provide a certified copy of the court order authorizing the marriage. A certified copy of the birth certificate is also required. A marriage license may not be issued to applicants under 14 years of age.

[COLOR=#990000]South Carolina[/COLOR]: If you are under 18, you will need a certified copy of your birth certificate and a notarized statement of parental consent. The minimum age for a female is [B][COLOR=#990000]14[/COLOR][/B] and it is 16 for a male.

[B]3. This is not unique to Islam and Mohammed(P)[/B]

[B]Mary was actually betrothed to the very Old Joseph at an age younger[/B], and [B]God[/B] gave her Jesus(A) at about this age(9-13) from what we read.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Blessed Virgin Mary
Matthew 1 Commentary - When a Virgin Gave Birth - BibleGateway.com

[B]THE PROTEVANGELION OF JAMES[/B]
The Protevangelium of James

The Protevangelion of James + notes in text

[B]CHAPTER 8[/B]:
3. [B]And when she was twelve years of age[/B], the priests met in a council, and said, Behold, Mary is twelve years of age; what will we do with her, for fear that the holy place of the Lord our God should be defiled?
4. Then replied the priests to Zacharias the high-priest, You stand at the altar of the Lord, and enter into the holy place, to make petitions concerning her, so whatsoever the Lord will show to you, do it.
5. Then the high-priest entered into the Holy of Holies, and taking away with him the bosom-plate of judgment made prayers concerning her;
6. And behold the angel of the Lord came to him, and said, Zacharias, Zacharias, go forth and call together all the widowers among the people, and let every one of them bring his rod, and he by whom the Lord will show a sign will be the husband of Mary.
9. After the high-priest had received their rods, he went into the temple to pray;
10. And when he had finished his prayer, he took the rods, and went forth and distributed them, and no miracle attended them.
11. The last rod was taken by Joseph, and behold a dove proceeded out of the rod, and flew upon the head of Joseph.
12. And the high-priest said, Joseph, you are the person chosen to take the Virgin of the Lord, to keep her for him:
13. [B]But Joseph refused, saying, I am an old man, and have children, but she is young[/B], and I fear, for fear that I should appear ridiculous in Israel.

[B]4. All cultures of the world do this.[/B]

Jews at this age practice the Mar and Bat Mitzvah ceremony, declaring their young adults marriageable.

And others world over have the [B]COMING OF AGE CEREMONY[/b]

[B](MATURITY TEST/CERTIFICATION) ACROSS THE WORLD [/B]

No, there's no magic number!,  rather a communal assessment. But kolo-slaves see it not.

[B]Judaism:[/B]

Bar and Bat Mitzvah

[b]CHINA[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-bn0LU6v0&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

[B]TAIWAN[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLO5kQ10sA&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

", Twenty years ago I consulted with elders about the meaning of the 'coming-of-age' ceremony. They said that the two-day ceremony was part of the 10-day harvest festivities. Rituals dedicated for men and women were separately held in two days during the festival. There was also a special ceremony to test if the young people were able and mature enough to become adults,  whether they had experienced life in the forest and if they were able to form families and start careers. A cultural tradition was thus established, "

[B]NATIVE AMERICA[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxPR8sr7vM&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

[B]SOUTH AFRICA[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDexTdXOcm0&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

[B]PUYUMA[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCAAq8545Yo&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

[B]
ETHIOPIA[/B]
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ld8Y6gsL7g&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by naijaking1: 3:09am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^
Your thesis on girls coming of age globally is good, but even some of your pictures contradict your main point, however, your point about the historical , religious, and ethnic maturation of young girls is noted.
The difference between an evolving and dynamic philosophical practice like religion and one that stagnates into oblivion is ability to keep abreast with scientifica nd medical developments.
No matter how you cut and slice it, obsession with 13 year old child is sickening because it goes against modern medical understanding and practices.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by DisGuy: 3:27am On Apr 02, 2010
There must be a particular reason why this didn't make headline news in nigeria, no one in the senate mentioned it, not one southerner deemed it fit to throw a jibe at the Mallam, I smell a rat, which one is it- the news is fake? it[marrying underage girls] is very common and legal in nigeria? the senators n journalist partake in this together or no one really cares  undecided
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by DisGuy: 3:37am On Apr 02, 2010
So searched google for any other newspaper but nothing only found this interview [b]with his wife 2 days after this one[/b]and nothing was mentioned? Nigerian journalist dey collect bribe?
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Superego: 6:44am On Apr 02, 2010
naijaking1
, it goes against modern medical understanding and practices.

What changed with modernity?
Why do you say it goes against modern medical understanding?
Do you know and have you analyzed if more problems(disease, social imbalance) are exposed by the change as we popularly have it today?
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by bolanleodu: 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2010
Noted.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Novice1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
Though there may be a lot wrong with the wedding. Here are some of the things that are not wrong. And thank me later

1. If she is post pubertal, then this is NOT pedophilia.

Pedophilia

Clinical pedophilia

Clinically, pedophilia is defined, to give one definition (from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4th edition, Text Revision, American Psychiatric Association): Diagnostic criteria for 302.2 Pedophilia

* A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).
* B. The person has acted on these urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
* C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.

2. Marriage at this age is allowed in USA

Marriage Laws in the US by Age
http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/newhampshire.htm

New Hampshire: A female between the age of 13 and 17 years and a male between the age of 14 and 17 years can be married only with the permission of their parent (guardian) and a waiver.

New York: If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you will need to have a completed parental consent form filled out by both parents. If you are either 14 or 15 years of age, you will need to show the written consent of both parents

North Carolina: Applicants 18 to 20 must present a certified copy of their birth certificate. Applicants 16 and 17 must present a consent form signed by the parent, individual, agency or institution having legal custody or serving as the legal guardian of the underage party. (birth certificate is also required). The consent form must be notarized. Applicants 14 and 15 must provide a certified copy of the court order authorizing the marriage. A certified copy of the birth certificate is also required. A marriage license may not be issued to applicants under 14 years of age.

South Carolina: If you are under 18, you will need a certified copy of your birth certificate and a notarized statement of parental consent. The minimum age for a female is 14 and it is 16 for a male.

3. This is not unique to Islam and Mohammed(P)

Mary was actually betrothed to the very Old Joseph at an age younger, and God gave her Jesus(A) at about this age(9-13) from what we read

you made my day superego.
pathological islamophobia fuelled by a lifetime of taking media garbage from the west will not make them see reason.
So even in the US (the so-called civilised free nation) it is protected by law.
it is done in india, pakistan, many african tribes, etc. yet it is Islam that goes on trial by the action of a single man.

Their thinking has been pathetically befuddled.

People open your eyes! You are being used!!!!!!!
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2010
Novice1:

you made my day superego.
pathological islamophobia fuelled by a lifetime of taking media garbage from the west will not make them see reason.
So even in the US (the so-called civilised free nation) it is protected by law.
it is done in india, pakistan, many african tribes, etc. yet it is Islam that goes on trial by the action of a single man.

Their thinking has been pathetically befuddled.

People open your eyes! You are being used!!!!!!!

Trash talk.

We are talking about the age difference between the girl and the guy.

This is paedophilia.

And what about marrying 9 - 10 year olds ? What do you call that ?

Natural ?

Sick and disgusting .
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by bawomolo(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2010
One thing i know for sure is that maturity has nothing to do with age of a man or woman,In Europe you can never compare a 14yr old girls to that of Naija girls .why is the World so hypocritical when it comes to people doing the right thing like marriage

lol
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by ziga: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2010
1. If she is post pubertal, then this is NOT pedophilia.

Pedophilia

Clinical pedophilia

* A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).

It is pedophilia because even though she may be postpubertal, he is definitely more than 5 years older than the said child.

Someone mentioned that it is done in India. . . Well, i'll like to correct that it used to be done in India, but right now, if it done, it is done illegally. The legal age for marriage of a girl to an adult who is much older is 18 years.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Blazay(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2010
Being an attorney, I will think in terms of the following lines.
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
So?
Is this new in Northern Nigeria?
Did Yerima break any laws according to Sharia customs in the world or in Nigeria?
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
Blazay:

Being an attorney, I will think in terms of the following lines.
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
So?
Is this new in Northern Nigeria?
Did Yerima break any laws according to Sharia customs in the world or in Nigeria?

What !!!!!!!

Is Nigeria now governed by Sharia or Secular customs?

Obviously he has not broken Sharia Law because it is the norm, but the federal government has the right to draw the line in certain grievous cases such as this.

We cannot allow this happen, girls at that age need a life and not to be frolicked by some old spent force!
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 28, 2010
This is the norm in some countries like saudi.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8tnn8klF8&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2010
frosbel:

What !!!!!!!

Is Nigeria now governed by Sharia or Secular customs?

Obviously he has not broken Sharia Law because it is the norm, but the federal government has the right to draw the line in certain grievous cases such as this.

We cannot allow this happen, girls at that age need a life and not to be frolicked by some old spent force!

Recently, the press, NGOs and Nigerians went agog on the Issue of Senator Yerima getting married to a 13 year old girl. Some have gone ahead to call him a craddle-robber. Since I never knew a law preventing someone from marrying someone of that age-bracket in Nigeria, I decided to do some research. What I found was more shocking; In most of the developed World (Western World) the age of sexual activity was sanctioned on 2 basis:

1.)Age of Consent (Age at which you can contract intimacy without Marriage)
2.)Marriageable Age.

In Europe Most countries have an age of consent ranging from 14 to 17, the exceptions being Vatican State (age 12); Spain (age 13); and Malta and Turkey (both age 18). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe )

In the US. the most common "age of consent" is 16 years old ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America )

Marriageable ages are mostly set higher than "Age of Consent" (hereby encouraging pre-marital intimacy). In the US most states have it set at 16 years old with parental consent but in some states like Masachussets it is as low as 12 years old (for a female) 13 years old in Minnesota, 15 years old in Utah. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#North_America ).

So I thought, perhaps if Yerima had more Info. He could simply have taken his beautiful Egyptian 13 year old to the Vatican and shanked her very well; but I think He did a more honourable thing; He married her with her Parent's consent. How unlawful that is in Nigeria; I don't know as I am yet to find enough data for Nigeria.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
JaaizTech:

Recently, the press, NGOs and Nigerians went agog on the Issue of Senator Yerima getting married to a 13 year old girl. Some have gone ahead to call him a craddle-robber. Since I never knew a law preventing someone from marrying someone of that age-bracket in Nigeria, I decided to do some research. What I found was more shocking; In most of the developed World (Western World) the age of sexual activity was sanctioned on 2 basis:

1.)Age of Consent (Age at which you can contract intimacy without Marriage)
2.)Marriageable Age.

In Europe Most countries have an age of consent ranging from 14 to 17, the exceptions being Vatican State (age 12); Spain (age 13); and Malta and Turkey (both age 18). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe )

In the US. the most common "age of consent" is 16 years old ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America )

Marriageable ages are mostly set higher than "Age of Consent" (hereby encouraging pre-marital intimacy). In the US most states have it set at 16 years old with parental consent but in some states like Masachussets it is as low as 12 years old (for a female) 13 years old in Minnesota, 15 years old in Utah. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#North_America ).

So I thought, perhaps if Yerima had more Info. He could simply have taken his beautiful Egyptian 13 year old to the Vatican and shanked her very well; but I think He did a more honourable thing; He married her with her Parent's consent. How unlawful that is in Nigeria; I don't know as I am yet to find enough data for Nigeria.

Mr. we all agree that in some cultures worldwide girls marry young , predominantly at an average age of 16.

In some cases even here in the UK during the middle ages, 12 and 13 were the norm due to the high mortality rates as a direct consequence of the numerous plagues and mishaps.

My specific point in all of this is the age gap, this guy is old enough to be her dad.

Most of the young girls who marry in other cultures get married to younger men in their teens.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 28, 2010
frosbel:

Mr. we all agree that in some cultures worldwide girls marry young , predominantly at an average age of 16.

In some cases even here in the UK during the middle ages, 12 and 13 were the norm due to the high mortality rates as a direct consequence of the numerous plagues and mishaps.

My specific point in all of this is the age gap, this guy is old enough to be her dad.

Most of the young girls who marry in other cultures get married to younger men in their teens.

Hmm, I get what you saying. . . . . . even if the dude was 20, it's still pathetic.

Middle ages. . . . this is not the middle ages, that excuse is very pathetic if that's what you people are trying to use to justify this CRIME
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
Superego:

[B]SOUTH AFRICA[/B]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDexTdXOcm0&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

rotflmao shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

Hmm, I get what you saying. . . . . . even if the dude was 20, it's still pathetic.

Middle ages. . . . this is not the middle ages, that excuse is very pathetic if that's what you people are trying to use to justify this CRIME

Not justifying it in anyway.

The middle age example was only given to explain the reasons for marrying at an early age in that era, which was due to an unusually high death rate.

I am anti-Pedo not pro if u read my comments. grin grin grin
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

The laws just quoted are not that of middle-ages; they are the laws operable now. A lot of us are just trying to excuse the obvious or are just outrageously bias. While growing up I can mention at least 2 girls in that age-bracket that were girl-friends of even older colleagues (May be 25 - 26 years at that time). These girls were fully matured in their outward appearance and most guys then didn't think of it as pedophilia. I am not saying it is alright to have canal knowledge of girls at a very novice age; but I am also saying that Cultures that permit early marriage are not inferior.

Most of our parents married very early and they groomed us to become what we are today; besides YERIMA didn't rape her, He married her with her parent's consent.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 29, 2010
JaaizTech:

The laws just quoted are not that of middle-ages; they are the laws operable now. A lot of us are just trying to excuse the obvious or are just outrageously bias. While growing up I can mention at least 2 girls in that age-bracket that were girl-friends of even older colleagues (May be 25 - 26 years at that time). These girls were fully matured in their outward appearance and most guys then didn't think of it as pedophilia. I am not saying it is alright to have canal knowledge of girls at a very novice age; but I am also saying that Cultures that permit early marriage are not inferior.

Most of our parents married
very early and they groomed us to become what we are today; besides YERIMA didn't despoil her, He married her with her parent's consent.

I seriously hope you're not in any way trying to call pe/do/philia a normality just because of the Sharia Law. . . . a man-made law that justifies the forceful alliance of an undeveloped child with an overgrown agbaya. Not every law is reasonable/ethical.

Which one is most? My mom did not marry at age 12 abeg. "Very early", are you serious? rotfl
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 29, 2010
frosbel:

Not justifying it in anyway.

The middle age example was only given to explain the reasons for marrying at an early age in that era, which was due to an unusually high death rate.

I am anti-Pedo not pro if u read my comments. grin grin grin
lol ok
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 1:02am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

I seriously hope you're not in any way trying to call pe/do/philia a normality just because of the Sharia Law. . . . a man-made law that justifies the forceful alliance of an undeveloped child with an overgrown agbaya. Not every law is reasonable/ethical.

Which one is most? My mom did not marry at age 12 abeg. "Very early", are you serious? rotfl
What age did your mother get married And I didn't say specifically 12 years old; but I said early. In contemporary times; early might mean 22 - 23 years downwards. Besides most people already had canal knowledge of a girl from 16 years downwards; so stop making it sound so ridiculous.

Those European / American laws quoted are not shariah nor Islamic laws they are western laws you all mostly claim to be supreme. I guess the problem with people like you is you don't mind if a girl of 13 years old is fornicating about but it becomes a big deal when she is married!. live with it; it is the culture in the North. We all have our cultures and I think it is worthy to respect other people's culture. This is not rape; there was parental consent and I don't think you love that Egyptian 13 year old more than her parents.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 29, 2010
JaaizTech:

What age did your mother get married And I didn't say specifically 12 years old; but I said early. In contemporary times; early might mean 22 - 23 years downwards. Besides most people already had canal knowledge of a girl from 16 years downwards; so stop making it sound so ridiculous.
She got married at the age she WANTED to, not the age she was forced and brainwashed to.
Please stop trying to justify this disgusting crime, pathetic and disgusting. It's not even the fact that she'll be forced to perform carnal actions with an overgrown wrinkle-eaten co//ck, she's too young to understand the duties of a wife.

Let her be a child before she becomes a woman.

JaaizTech:

Those European / American laws quoted are not shariah nor Islamic laws they are western laws you all mostly claim to be supreme. I guess the problem with people like you is you don't mind if a girl of 13 years old is fornicating about but it becomes a big deal when she is married!. live with it; it is the culture in the North. We all have our cultures and I think it is worthy to respect other people's culture. [b]This is not despoil; there was parental consent [/b]and I don't think you love that Egyptian 13 year old more than her parents.
Sadly, you dont know me, so I'll suggest you cease from making your assumptions. . . .

This is despoil, like wdh is wrong with your whack way of thinking? Ki lo n se e?
Do you think she wants to lie under a smelly man? Define despoil in your own terms. . . . bare in mind that despoil is not ONLY despoil when a woman screams "No", there are situations when she's forbidden to talk or situations when she's unable to decline.

PARENTAL CONSENT OSHI WO?! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILD'S CONSENT?
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by chic2pimp(m): 1:24am On Apr 29, 2010
JaaizTech:

Those European / American laws quoted are not shariah nor Islamic laws they are western laws you all mostly claim to be supreme. I guess the problem with people like you is you don't mind if a girl of 13 years old is fornicating about but it becomes a big deal when she is married!. live with it; it is the culture in the North. We all have our cultures and I think it is worthy to respect other people's culture. This is not despoil; there was parental consent and I don't think you love that Egyptian 13 year old more than her parents.
See dis Billy He Goat justifying paedophilia.

You sir/ma'am are a bloody waste of space.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 1:42am On Apr 29, 2010
chic2pimp:

See dis Billy He Goat justifying paedophilia.

You sir/ma'am are a bloody waste of space.
You are just a poorly educated "HE_GOAT" if I may use your word; whom finds it difficult to respond objectively to issues but would rather result to "insults" because He can't back up his opinion or idea. Forums are meant for intellectual debate / arguments, not for verbal attacks or insults.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 1:52am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

She got married at the age she WANTED to, not the age she was forced and brainwashed to.
Please stop trying to justify this disgusting crime, pathetic and disgusting. It's not even the fact that she'll be forced to perform carnal actions with an overgrown wrinkle-eaten co//ck, she's too young to understand the duties of a wife.

Let her be a child before she becomes a woman.
Sadly, you dont know me, so I'll suggest you cease from making your assumptions. . . .

This is despoil, like wdh is wrong with your whack way of thinking? Ki lo n se e?
Do you think she wants to lie under a smelly man? Define despoil in your own terms. . . . bare in mind that despoil is not ONLY despoil when a woman screams "No", there are situations when she's forbidden to talk or situations when she's unable to decline.

PARENTAL CONSENT OSHI WO?! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILD'S CONSENT?
What gives you the impression that she was forced to. On what basis is it a crime By your own personal law. A child's awareness and character depends on how she is brought up; and if you think your ideals and beliefs supercede others then I leave you to languish in your ignorance. I still maintain that you don't love these girls more than their parents; and I am sure no parent will wish their daughter bad.

Perhaps you should also question why the Vatican allows a girl to contract sex with a man @ age 12.Afterall thats is the biggest Christian state known.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 29, 2010
JaaizTech:

What gives you the impression that she was forced to. On what basis is it a crime By your own personal law. A child's awareness and character depends on how she is brought up; and if you think your ideals and beliefs supercede others then I leave you to languish in your ignorance. I still maintain that you don't love these girls more than their parents; and I am sure no parent will wish their daughter bad.

My beliefs and ideals might not be superior, but it sure does determine that your way of thinking is unreasonable and ped/ophillic [that should be a word].

A child's awareness and character depends on how she was brought up, true. But are you aware that there IS a right and wrong way to bring up a child? My opinion.

This is despoil, Unfair to the child, even nasty and physically/psychologically wrong. You think not? Your opinion, but dont you dare cast my opinion as IGNORANCE. I hope we understand ourselves.

My love for the parents and child of this struggle is none of your concern, and once again, I'll advice you to not make useless assumptions.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 2:07am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

My beliefs and ideals might not be superior, but it sure does determine that your way of thinking is unreasonable and ped/ophillic [that should be a word].

A child's awareness and character depends on how she was brought up, true. But are you aware that there IS a right and wrong way to bring up a child? My opinion.

This is despoil, Unfair to the child, even nasty and physically/psychologically wrong. You think not? Your opinion, but dont you dare cast my opinion as IGNORANCE. I hope we understand ourselves.

My love for the parents and child of this struggle is none of your concern, and once again, I'll advice you to not make useless assumptions.

If my way of thinking is unreasonable by your assertion then it follows that the way of thinking of about the whole world is also "unreasonable". I just quoted the laws of countries in Europe, America, and the Vatican that accept it as legal to contract sex as such early ages. Perhaps I should remind you again: For the VATICAN it is 12 years old; In spain 13 years old; Massachussets as low as 12 years old; New Hampshire 13 years old. I guess all these states are pe /dophilic too.
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 29, 2010
JaaizTech:

If my way of thinking is unreasonable by your assertion then it follows that the way of thinking of about the whole world is also "unreasonable". I just quoted the laws of countries in Europe, America, and the Vatican that accept it as legal to contract intimacy as such early ages. Perhaps I should remind you again: For the VATICAN it is 12 years old; In spain 13 years old; Massachussets as low as 12 years old; New Hampshire 13 years old. I guess all these states are pe /dophilic too.
And I hope that you understand that under all these laws, there's an undeniable human right that goes with it. A person has a right to decide on who he/she wants to marry and perform sexual intimacy with.

This is a forced alliance. . . . I doubt a 13 years old girl would wake up one day and run to her parents, begging to marry a man 4 times her age.

Wouldnt it have been lovely to have your kitty and unripened bosom ripped apart without consent.

Disgusting! What you ppl will do/say to justify your allah's "law".
Re: Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child by JaaizTech: 2:21am On Apr 29, 2010
FL Gators:

And I hope that you understand that under all these laws, there's an undeniable human right that goes with it. A person has a right to decide on who he/she wants to marry and perform sexual intimacy with.

This is a forced alliance. . . . I doubt a 13 years old girl would wake up one day and run to her parents, begging to marry a man 4 times her age.

Wouldnt it have been lovely to have your kitty and unripened bosom ripped apart without consent.

Disgusting! What you ppl will do/say to justify your allah's "law".
Pls. do not go the way of Religion. Lets keep it at the level of secular laws. Ask your pastor at what age did Joseph marry Mary (Mother of Jesus). I am not surprised that you doubt it that 13 year old will agree to marry an older man, because your sister, aunty, mother, grand-monther, cousin didn't marry at that age. Here, in the core north she has seen / witnessed her friend, her sister, her cousin, her aunty marry at such young ages so don't be surprised she won't even bat an eyelid before accepting the offer.

Just to clarify, there is no stipulated age for a girl to get married in Islam; the criteria is that she must have attained puberty and she is capable of performing the act or the act will not be detrimental to her well-being.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Buhari: For Peaceful Polls, Let IG Retire Jan 15 / BREAKING: PDP Delegates Ekweremadu, Others As Technical Advisers To Atiku / Oshiomhole Inducted Into The Rotary Club (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.