Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu (1919 Views)

2023 Presidency: No Zoning In APC — Orji Uzor Kalu / Igbo Presidency 2023: Igbo Group Lists Buhari's Achievements, Backs Him For 2019 / Vote Buhari To Get Presidency 2023- Martins Azubuike, PDP Chieftain Tells Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 01, 2017
Editor’s Note: Given the realization that 2023 is the Year Of The Igbo Presidency, and the need for a good candidate of Igbo extraction to emerge in that year, we will periodically be presenting to you profiles of possible candidates, so that awareness can be created, debate can be informed and if possible consensus can emerge.

The emergence of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction is seen as very important by millions of our countrymen for different reasons:

Some believe an Igbo President will use that charscteristic Igbo enterprising attitude to fix many things in Nigeria. Importantly, it is seen as a way to give the Igbos a sense of belonging in the Nigerian project, as they have faced marginalization ever since the end of the civil war.

This series is part of our contribution to the effort. The candidates we will profile are not necesarily our choices. Let the People decide.

http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/12/01/igbo-presidency-2023-candidate-spotlight-orji-uzor-kalu/
Profile 1: Orji Uzor Kalu

Orji Uzo Kalu was born on April 21, 1960.

He attended Christ the King School Aba and Government College, Umuahia. Orji Uzo Kalu also attended Barewa College, Zaria, from where he got admission into the University of Maiduguri
where he studied political science. He later left the University to study at and obtained his degree in Abia State University.

He also has a degree in Business Administration, which he obtained from Harvard University. University of Maiduguri later honored him with a doctorate degree.

Orji Uzo Kalu, after his university education, borrowed $35 from his mother with which he started trading in palm oil. He would buy the oil in the Eastern Nigeria and travel all the way to the North to sell them and make reasonable profit.

He later started trading on furniture which he would buy and resell for some profits. Later, Orji Uzor Kalu founded a company called SLOK Holdings, a conglomerate that consists of other companies he had founded like International Bank Limited, Adamawa Publishers Limited, Ojialex Furniture Company, Supreme Oil Limited, SLOK Airline, SLOK Botswana, Cotonou, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, South Africa, SLOK Korea, SLOK Nigeria Limited, SLOK United States Incorporated, SLOK United Kingdom Limited, SLOK Vegetable Oil, Aba, SLOK Paper Factory, Aba, Sun Publishing Limited etc.

Putting all he has accomplished into consideration, especially their benefits to the Nigerian economy, Orji Uzor Kalu was honored with the National Merit Award by President Ibrahim Babangida, at the age of 26 in the year 1986, making him the youngest Nigerian to receive such Award.

Orji Uzo Kalu later ventured into politics and became the governor of Abia Sate of Nigeria.
Where Orji Uzo Kalu is now.

In the year 2014, Forbes listed Orji Uzor Kalu as the 26th richest man in Africa is he was worth One Billion Dollars.

http://www.nigerianbiography.com/2015/05/biography-of-orji-uzo-kalu-ex-governor.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by agwom(m): 5:33am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by sarrki(m): 5:48am On Dec 01, 2017
No no no no

We know the guys

Not yet time
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 01, 2017
Ndigbo, oge erubela mgbe anyi ga rketa oke nke anyi. The time is almost here. Once Buhari finishes his second term (vote for him), it will be only Igbo who have not produced President. The next president in 2023 must be Igbo. Vote Buhari in 2019 to make it happen.

Igbo ga eketa oke ha.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by edi287: 6:06am On Dec 01, 2017
No thanks. Soludo, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi and(if nigerians are brave enough) Okonjo Iweala are much much better options.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2017
edi287:
No thanks. Soludo, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi an(if nigerians are brave enough) Okonjo Iweala are much much better options.
Interesting point. Please tell us more about your choices. Try to convince us.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:
No no no no

We know the guys

Not yet time
Oga morning o. Email me, make we strategize the issue, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by sarrki(m): 6:36am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:

Kk
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by jaychubi: 6:46am On Dec 01, 2017
An Igbo man will never be the president of Nigeria except zoning presidency is enshrined in our Constitution to the six Geo political zones. Ie restructuring
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by emmie14: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2017
edi287:
No thanks. Soludo, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi an(if nigerians are brave enough) Okonjo Iweala are much much better options.
okonjo Iweala is most competent because of her vast knowledge in finance and management. I really regret the death of Dora .

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2017
emmie14:
okonjo Iweala is most competent because of her vast knowledge in finance and management. I really regret the death of Dora .
Dora Akunyili was an amazon, an icon, a wowan of timbre and caliber.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by OnucheAdams: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2017
edi287:

Obi has been demystified in Anambra and has zero electoral value.
Okonjo Iweala would make a good VP in 2019 tho.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 01, 2017
jaychubi:
An Igbo man will never be the president of Nigeria except zoning presidency is enshrined in our Constitution to the six Geo political zones. Ie restructuring
Rule number 1 in politics: Never Say Never.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:
Keep spreading that devilish propaganda abt d Igbo presidency by 2023. Why should the SE vote for that blood sucker? Oh Buhari now makes people president... Stupid*id fool. Fu*cking scammers angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Alariiwo: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2017
Who'll vote igbo in 2023? Ghosts I guess

It surely won't be Northerners you call names, almajiris etc. or Yorubas you made GEJ sideleine throughout his tenure or even collective Nigerians you call zoo animals.

You better agitate for biafra and go install president for yourselves. Igbo preaident kor grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2017
OnucheAdams:

Won't VP spoil our chances? To win convinsingly, Buhari needs to retain Osinbajo in the VP seat to keep Jagaban Tinubu happy.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Running204:
Keep spreading that devilish propaganda abt d Igbo presidency by 2023. Why should the SE vote for that blood sucker? Oh Buhari now makes people president... Stupid*id fool. Fu*cking scammers angry angry angry
You don't wish the Igbos well. Gerrout!
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Alariiwo:
Who'll vote igbo in 2023? Ghosts I guess

It surely won't be Northerners you call names, almajiris etc. or Yorubas you made GEJ sideleine throughout his tenure or even collective Nigerians you call zoo animals.

You better agitate for biafra and go install president for yourselves. Igbo preaident kor grin
Amebo. Oya waka pass!
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Back to the topic. What about among our traditional rulers. Someone like Obi of Onitsha, for instance?
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:
Amebo. Oya waka pass!

This igbodefender guy is an eternal optimist. I like him. He’s trying to make the impossible, possible by his constant campaigns. I however don’t believe Igbo Presidency is possible in Nigeria for the next 20 or 30 years. Well, what do I know? Let’s keep watching.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by edi287: 8:26am On Dec 01, 2017
OnucheAdams:

Agreed. I'd like a Ribadu - Iweala ticket for 2019.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:
You don't wish the Igbos well. Gerrout!
U are d idiot that don't wish d SE well...Ewu Hausa

Answer my question u stup*id nonentity, does Buhari now gives d presidency to whom,he so ever choose?
I have been watching u,spread dis same lie,every week. How much are they paying u to sell ur birth right? Anupama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by sdindan: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2017
'Op.
Someone said yesterday that u are a paid agent of Orji Kalu.

Now you have proved him right.

Not gonna take u serious again.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2017
Alcatraz005:

This igbodefender guy is an eternal optimist. I like him. He’s trying to make the impossible, possible by his constant campaigns. I however don’t believe Igbo Presidency is possible in Nigeria for the next 20 or 30 years. Well, what do I know? Let’s keep watching.
Wow, thanks, Alcatraz005 for that compliment. May God bless you surprisingly on this day.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:

Wow, thanks, Alcatraz005 for that compliment. May God bless you surprisingly on this day.

But can I ask you a question? Which tribes do you expect to vote for igbos in 2023? Just answer my question.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 01, 2017
sdindan:
'Op.
Someone said yesterday that u are a paid agent of Orji Kalu.

Now you have proved him right.

Not gonna take u serious again.

Are you an illiterate biko nu?! Or you just don't like to read? If you bothered to read the OP, you would have discovered that this is a profile series on as many possible candidates for #IgboPresidency2023. It is not a campaign for any one candidate, but the begining of an expose on As Many Candidates As Possible.

Now, as you clearly oppose OUK, kindly tell the house your prefered candidate and why.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Alcatraz005:

But can I ask you a question? Which tribes do you expect to vote for igbos in 2023? Just answer my question.
Sir, I expect humbly ask you to vote for Igbo Presidency in 2023.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:
Sir, I expect humbly ask you to vote for Igbo Presidency in 2023.

Hmmmmm. I don’t know how possible that would be for millions of Nigeria. Goodluck with your campaign though.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Hmmmmm. I don’t know how possible that would be for millions of Nigeria. Goodluck with your campaign though.
My respect for you just increased 100 fold, seeing your thoughful comments on this thread.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go answer one irritant called Running204
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Running204:
U are d idiot that don't wish d SE well...Ewu Hausa

Answer my question u stup*id nonentity, does Buhari now gives d presidency to whom,he so ever choose?
I have been watching u,spread dis same lie,every week. How much are they paying u to sell ur birth right? Anupama

When you can mention just one thing you have ever tried to do for Ndigbo, we will answer you. Until then, just gettoutt.
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:

When you can mention just one thing you have ever tried to do for Ndigbo, we will answer you. Until then, just gettoutt.
Mr patriotic Igbo man,no I haven't done much,but not to d extent of selling my birth right. Back to d matter,is Buhari now decides who lives in Aso rock? Ur deceit no get part 2....How much is BMC paying u? Why don't u go n strategies properly with Sariki,who is the head of BMC. Buhari will make Igbo's president come 2023 grin why not after 2019? Try another line..
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2017
igbodefender:
Igbodefender n Alcatrz005 are a big fool

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Reaction To The Butchering In Benue State / 'I Will Do Everything In My Power To Unseat You'- Reno Omokri Warns Buhari / Chukwuemeka Ihedioha Imo Next Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.