Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO (32984 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Daddy Freeze To Start Preaching On TV Against Tithing (Video) / Lanre Teriba Blasts Daddy Freeze, Backs Pastor Ashimolowo On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by somehow: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
You skipped my questions.

You need money to pay your tithe and you are asking me? Haven't you bribed "God" via tithe, shouldn't money fall from the sky for you just as it's falling from the sky for Mark, Dangote, gates, slim, buffet, Ibrahimovic, all the rich dudes in the Arab world and the rich ones in pagan countries in Asia?
buchibrand:

What threat? No threat oh, it was my candid advice. When a prophet is declaring the word of God, hes only telling you exactly what God is saying; prophets are oracle/mouthpiece of God.

Please if you need a blogger blog or template or you know someone who will need one, just contact me on my siggy, please i need money so i can pay my tithe.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Hahnemann: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
fuckerstard:

the guy dey give them worries, I wish freeze can go after buhari too.

But why?
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by gbishman: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Why have pastors clinged to this particular topic, I think for a pastor to attack the character of the person involved is rather unfortunate. The so called person has backed up his claims with Bible passages. I think what should be the right thing to do is to call for a one on one; by the way aren't pastors suppose to be preaching salvation to God's flock. I bet Ashimolowo would support the 1billion naira Church project asked for by pastor Adeboye. These pastors should just calm down and emulate the Pope who as we speak is away in Myanmar trying to foster peace between warring people.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by gbishman: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Am sure the Sunday returns don dey reduce.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by SirKriz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
fuckerstard:

the guy dey give them worries, I wish freeze can go after buhari too.

No ooo. I don't want him to disappear like one of our brothers from the South Eastern part of the country. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by lebete3000: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
joedams:
If na u person wan spoil ur business nko? U no go fight the person?

grin you no well cheesy
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by streamsofjoy(f): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Been reading comments and this confirms to me that we dnt have Christians on NL. We only have church goers. As for the Christians, there's no point arguing with them let alone returning the spite and hateful words as well as the insults. Just ask the Lord to help his church and the flock. The devil is using the children of the bond woman and the lost sheep against the church BUT thechurchismarchingon and the gates of hades shall not prevail!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by afroxyz: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
gare:

Because you don't want want to pay tithe you're now a member of freeze school of thoughts, those are lifted write up for freeze, well I am not stopping you, you're free to do whatever you want to do, moreover it's not every believer that pays tithe, so since your understanding has told you not to pay tithe well and fine . I can't force you and so is your pastor, or have heard any pastor forcing his members to pay tithe.

But my only concern is not about the message but the messenger, if any man of God stands on the pulpit to preach this message I will understand, maybe as directed by the holy spirit, not someone that is not in the right standing with God tell me about tithe.

Mind you, your not paying tithe doesn't mean you are not in right standing with God.

God used a murderer (Moses), persecutor and serial killer (Paul), conman (Jacob) and a donkey to save Balam. Why can't he use a man that has done none of this? And what makes you think you are even in a better standing if the word than him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by gare(f): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
afroxyz:

God used a murderer (Moses), persecutor and serial killer (Paul), conman (Jacob) and a donkey to save Balam. Why can't he use a man that has done none of this? And what makes you think you are even in a better standing if the word than him

Has he turned from his ways, or you don't understand that those names listed above where called by God, has God called daddy freeze? Please tell me, since his only sermon is all about payment of tithes. Can't he preach on holiness and the rest why must go about insulting those old enough to be his father because of issues of the Bible and you tell me his called by God.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
when last did he heal someone
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Ejanla07: 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
ooshinibos:

OK .I will mention only 3 for now , not to prolong the issue
Malachi 3 :11 -benefits of the tithe
Mathew 23:23 -Jesus endorsing the tithe
Hebrew 7 , 1-21 - the new testament explanation of Jesus being a high priest in the order of Melchizedeck

honestly , I understand what Daddy freeze is saying , but he should not be against the tithe or tithing itself .. he should stress the abuse the Nigerian pastors have done with the tithe .. tithing is scriptural but it is also optional ,

go and read hebrews 7.12

since the priest hood of d levites changed thr is need for the change of the law of tithing.....

you guys should learn to read the bible to ur own understanding and not to ur pastors understanding

go down and read vs 27 whr it said no need for sacrifices since Jesus offered the ultimate sacrifice.

meaning invoking the name of Jesus and living his way is d means to salvation

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
majekdom2:
pls post names and links to pastors coercing thcate, he should mention names of pastors that coerce their followers and not say all pastors that preach tithes are thieves. That's a wrong approach. Being specific is very important and not making general statements. Again, it depends on how we understand sermons. You call them illiterate and uneducated, how will they have access to freeze's sermon. How will they read and understand's freeze message. In my opinion, freeze is not solving the problem you mentioned above.

Nigeria has the most extensive means of dissemination of news among the locals. It is called gossip. They will hear about Freeze.

/
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by afroxyz: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
gare:

Has he turned from his ways, or you don't understand that those names listed above where called by God, has God called daddy freeze? Please tell me, since his only sermon is all about payment of tithes. Can't he preach on holiness and the rest why must go about insulting those old enough to be his father because of issues of the Bible and you tell me his called by God.

What old ways. When God MET them, were they turned from their old ways? Besides freeze has been holding his sunday morning radio show for years before all this tithing hullabaloo.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Ejanla07: 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
gare:

Why should I listen to someone like you that doesn't know the difference between "right" and "write" and you are asking me to tell my pastor, guy show some respect, go back to school rather than waste your time on nairabet

d tin pepper u. but guess wat. u must chsnge from sheeple by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Bonapart(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
pweetiedee:

Your choice of words tho. You sure you're a Christian

You don't sound like one.

I'm done replying you. Bye
yes. You can say whatever you like my dear. I have ran out of patient for you heediots disregarding pastors and Christianity in every posts here on Nairaland
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by hisgrace090: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
gare:

Dady freez may be called to preach against tithe collection, which is a very difficult task.

You can see for yourselves what he is going through already for daring to preach it.

He dares the undarrable.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Ejanla07: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
buchibrand:
The truth is that a greedy person will only want to keep whatever gets to him to himself alone; if he does business with others, he will not like to give them their share of the proceeds.
So any Christian who says tithing is wrong and maybe because few fake pastors (those God has already assured us that He will reject at the last day) are taking advantage of God's amazing grace lead people astray has;
1. No Revelation or
2. No understanding of the bible.

Tithe paying is a REVELATION
No one told Abraham to pay his Tithe (unless you want to tell me that He was also fooled or muzzled into paying his Tithe) but he became the first person to Pay Tithe.

FOR THE ELECT: please pay your tithe because half obedience to God is equal to disobedience. Salvation, Holiness, Love, Obedience....are all we need to make heaven. If you pay tithe but forsake holiness, you will Not make Heaven but if you live holy and don't tithe you will still not make heaven, please read that Mattew 23:23 again and again so that you don't get mislead.

stop misquoting the Bible. Abraham only paid tithe from the spoils of war and to Melchizedek who is the king of salem....

he never paid from his person belonging

he only paid once.

from plunders of war

as for Matthew 23:23. Jesus used thr tithe payment to rebuke dem.

just like tithe payers re doing. they think they can buy salvation and God's abundant blessings re not for sell..

the tithing belittle the ultimate sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. who died in the cross for our salvation....

Jesus is the truth the way and life

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Ejanla07: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
ooshinibos:

verse 27 says who ( Jesus ) does not need daily sacrifices ,like those high priest to offer up sacrifices first for his own sins and the sin of the people , he did it once for us ..I love this verse , here the Bible was comparing Jesus with the old priest under the law with regards to daily killing of goats etc. and forgiveness of sins , the text says we don't need to do that anymore because Jesus did it for us , the ultimate sacrifice , the text was not talking about tithe but about sin and sacrifices ..and the status of Jesus has an High priest forever . to prove my point the tithe occurred before the law , so the bible text was not focus on the tithe . Now if you agree accordingly to the text that Jesus is your high priest ,you will not have problem in giving 10 percent of your income to his Kingdom , its totally optional and up to you

iamkneeyi Yes , I agree with you ....but tithing is not a sacrifice , it is an offering to be plain , as I said before , it is optional and not by compulsion , actually Moses added tithing to the law because of its benefits copying the acts of Abraham . If you see Jesus as your high priest then you will not have problem with honoring him with the tithe via your church or pastor . Again , tithing is not for everyone and it is not compulsory as some pastors say , we are under grace , you are right

i think you re a pastor. with the way you re manipulating the word of God....
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Akin1212(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
hisgrace090:

Dady freez may be called to preach against tithe collection, which is a very difficult task.

You can see for yourselves what he is going through already for daring to preach it.

He dares the undarrable.

Who are the undarrables? Ogun punish all of them.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
Freeze is even cool with these Pastors! People should go and read the books of Pastor Femi Aribisala . He called pastors asking people to pay tithe thieves and armed robbers!!! He owns a church here in Lagos.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Iamzik: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
streamsofjoy:
Been reading comments and this confirms to me that we dnt have Christians on NL. We only have church goers. As for the Christians, there's no point arguing with them let alone returning the spite and hateful words as well as the insults. Just ask the Lord to help his church and the flock. The devil is using the children of the bond woman and the lost sheep against the church BUT thechurchismarchingon and the gates of hades shall not prevail!

The church should also rise to the occasion and stop running away from responsibility. It's more blessed to give than to receive. The church need to start living what it preaches. OR will the church not be blessed if she gives? All our pastors attended mission schools tuition free and received scholarships, enjoyed free healthcare and all. Money and contribution was not the missionaries' focus. How many average church members can afford to send their children to schools built by these churches today? This focus on amassing wealth and material Possessions.

The era of building big cathedrals and flying private jets is gone. This generation is In dire need of Christian leaders that will focus on building and investing in people. The earlier church leaders realise this the better. Read through the book of acts and see the correct model of Christianity practiced by the apostles.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Olulinks(m): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
josielewa:
Why blasting freeze...quote the bibeli and shun him 4ever...not cheap blackmail and defamation of person...
E pain you?
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by josielewa(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Olulinks:

E pain you?
i can see you lack brain..whats painful there..why blast him...fucking hypocrite...bring facts not abuse...
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Iamzik: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
buchibrand:
The truth is that a greedy person will only want to keep whatever gets to him to himself alone; if he does business with others, he will not like to give them their share of the proceeds.
So any Christian who says tithing is wrong and maybe because few fake pastors (those God has already assured us that He will reject at the last day) are taking advantage of God's amazing grace lead people astray has;
1. No Revelation or
2. No understanding of the bible.

Tithe paying is a REVELATION
No one told Abraham to pay his Tithe (unless you want to tell me that He was also fooled or muzzled into paying his Tithe) but he became the first person to Pay Tithe.

FOR THE ELECT: please pay your tithe because half obedience to God is equal to disobedience. Salvation, Holiness, Love, Obedience....are all we need to make heaven. If you pay tithe but forsake holiness, you will Not make Heaven but if you live holy and don't tithe you will still not make heaven, please read that Mattew 23:23 again and again so that you don't get mislead.

Tithe predates the law.... We've heard that before but you fail to clarify the following...

1.Did Abraham pay tithe from his personal belongings or only from the spoil of war? Again let us know where the Bible commanded people to pay money as tithe.
2. How many times did Abraham pay tithe to Melchizedek? Did he pay more than once? If yes what was the frequency? Monthly or yearly?
3. Jacob allegedly paid tithe right? Tell us the difference between a vow and tithe. The tithe Jacob paid was precedent upon an agreement that God will guide and protect him and bring him back in one piece. Is that tithe or vow?
4. How many times did Jacob pay this tithe? Was it a continuous monthly tithing or one off?
5. Show us where Jesus himself as the high priest collected or commanded people to tithe.
6. We are quick to quote letters of Paul, Peter and rest of the twelve. Show us where they paid or receive tithes during their earthly ministry. OR are they also in hell for not paying or receiving tithes.
7. Lastly the purpose of tithing is that there be meat in God's house. Why is most of this money now diverted to fund extravagant expenses of ministers while neglecting the poor in the church.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by senatoradeolaa: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

God tells us tithe is to be paid only to Levite Priests. When did God change the tithe law to include the Gospel Ministers? I have not had one person answer this question.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by Yungbitz(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Why will he not criticise freeze since Tithing brings the most money to Churches
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by senatoradeolaa: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
God tells us tithe is to be paid only to Levite Priests. When did God change the tithe law to include the Gospel Ministers? I have not had one person answer this question.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by senatoradeolaa: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by paxonel(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Who ask this man whether freeze beat his wife kick him son?
What has that got to do with tithe?

Na wa o
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by streamsofjoy(f): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Iamzik:

The church should also rise to the occasion and stop running away from responsibility. It's more blessed to give than to receive. The church need to start living what it preaches. OR will the church not be blessed if she gives? All our pastors attended mission schools tuition free and received scholarships, enjoyed free healthcare and all. Money and contribution was not the missionaries' focus. How many average church members can afford to send their children to schools built by these churches today? This focus on amassing wealth and material Possessions.

The era of building big cathedrals and flying private jets is gone. This generation is In dire need of Christian leaders that will focus on building and investing in people. The earlier church leaders realise this the better. Read through the book of acts and see the correct model of Christianity practiced by the apostles.

I agree totally with u. My pain is that even these critics are not thinking like u o. They just want to run the church down.
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by ooshinibos: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ejanla07:

i think you re a pastor. with the way you re manipulating the word of God....
Am not a pastor o , but I am well informed Christian ..an I take my time to read the word of God ..not really depending on a pastor to feed me all the time I have learnt to read the bible in context i.e. not to isolate a passage and amplify it ,
Re: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO by ooshinibos: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ejanla07:

go and read hebrews 7.12

since the priest hood of d levites changed thr is need for the change of the law of tithing.....

you guys should learn to read the bible to ur own understanding and not to ur pastors understanding

go down and read vs 27 whr it said no need for sacrifices since Jesus offered the ultimate sacrifice.

meaning invoking the name of Jesus and living his way is d means to salvation

you are taking the bible out of context again , for example , the law in the old testaments says do not steal or commit adultery , honour your parents etc, will you say that because Jesus has paid the ultimate sacrifice for yours sins , you can now commit adultery and steal..and dishonor your parents ? ..the bible was refereeing to the actual goat and other sacrifices that the Jews were doing under the law, it is no more required because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies, Beware Of Demon-possessed Guys Out There / Apostle Johnson Suleman Visits Liberian IG Of Police, Prays For Him / The Mark Of The Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.