Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (25381 Views)

What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? / India Extends Scholarship For Emelife Stella Chinelo Who Broke 100-year Record / Emelife Stella Chinelo Receives Medals And Cash Prizes From University Of Mysore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by AMYSTEV(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
Congratulations dear, nice gesture from them.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by eyinjuege: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Schools are not really supposd to huve monetary rewards to best students.
Why must everything be monitised in Nigeria?
That's one of the things fuelling corruption.
There was an acknowledgment she is the best, she was celebrated. End of!
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by MikaelsonRx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Meanwhile on Thursday at School Of Pharmacy, Agulu, UNIZIK, the BGS got #450K from just one Pharmacist. And a sizeable amount from other VIPs.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by MikaelsonRx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Meanwhile on Thursday at School Of Pharmacy, Agulu, UNIZIK, the BGS got #450K from just one Pharmacist. And a sizeable amount from other VIPs. And also many job offers.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by kunletexs: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
wo1, iye re o da ra (your life would be good) grin

i was shocked when i read the useless congratulatory message from pmb to the two side nonentity that they are celebrating, i may be incorrect about this but i did not read any where that pmb congratulated the lady who suspended her academics and raised money to represent nigeria in the 2016 olympic world sport for that Scull event and the other two girls.

useless government but they want very newspaper to celebrate and post their pictures with their children collecting first class in other countries which i am sure can be bought. useless government and their attitude!!!

Muyiii:
The so called president and his cohorts won’t applaud such an achievement but would rather congratulate the likes of wizkid and Davido for spreading moral decadence with their vague songs. Shithole country!
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by Mustiboy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
Elxandre:
Nigerians do not realize that entertainers get paid much because the entertainment sector generates alot more money than the education sector.

Even in civilized countries, Nurses don't earn more than 100k yearly, the same amount a shockingly average Lingard earns weekly. grin

So, it's not a Nigerian thing. It's simple logic.
You get paid how much your sector is worth

The only basis for condemnation would have been if the Government was responsible for rewarding these entertainers with such heft pay checks.

God bless you with more wisdom.
You've said it all.
But it'll be nice if government sets up a proggrame for rewarding best graduating students across the Nigerian universities.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
That's nice o. Federal College of Forestry Jos gave me 3k as best graduating student. Your school try seriously!
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
Wetin con concern us ?
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by Gkemz: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
She deserves more than this.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by peacemara54(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
check my signature
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by bigtt76(f): 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
Imagine and our 'President' and 'aspirant to be' are busy congratulating Davido and Wizkid on MOBO awards ...SMH. Did I forget to mention that some are busy erecting statues when real heros like this girl is left uncelebrated. God will judge them all angry

Comrade360:
I'm sure you remember Chinelo Okafor.

Well she received another #100,000 from a company who saw it wise to reward her. Kudos.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1977278499160933&id=100006364053502

See her awards from UNN

https://www.nairaland.com/4208786/chinelo-okafor-jennifer-receives-26000
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by thedondada(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
princetom1:

Bros, the carton papers in her hand, is what pls? lipsrsealed

I would also like to know.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
tigarlomotee:
My sister doh....for this country na only Olosho, yahoo pastor and polithiefing we dey celebrate. Good luck...

Another thought....we always celebrate University First class Holder's how abt there counter part...Polytechnic Upper and Distinction Holder.

Very unfair..afterall BBC and HND na same now...No be so my people?

Wish u good luck sha...
pple rarely remember those who come second....afta all some persons made upper second deserve commendation that's yy it shd not be about ist class alone dee shd be award for best thesis best in certain courses etc champion by corporate bodies dis ll boost student studies...afta all ist class is not a measure of intelligence sometimes alot of factors comes to play...ist class shd be seen as normal bt cos our system is riddled in dysfunctional pattern of poor infrastructure..useless sadistic lecturers...esp in our glorified public universities
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by CoachEdward(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Our educational system can never go up, simply because will are doing the wrong thing. imagine a best graduating student in a great institution collecting 26k as prize, then someone is just snapping pics with make up beauty and they will reward her of millions of naira.
Nigeria government you need to wise up and stop destroying the future of our nation.
God bless that company for recognizing you.

#Coach Toba Edward
#A motivational speaker.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by dejiWEST: 4:58am On Dec 03, 2017
Congrats to her 126k Now grin
Re: Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN by Muyiii(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Elxandre:

How many first class students have been photographed in the White house?
Yet Kanye West and many others have been there.
It's even worse in America you see?
People only get recognized by the value they add to the society. Scoring As doesn't benefit the society until the knowledge is applied to benefit humanity.

Certificates doesn't amount to inflated recognition.
What you do with it gives you the recognition your
seek!

I completely agree with you but also you don’t seem to get my point. The America you’re speaking about has the best minds and intellects in areas of it countries that matters...such as NASA, Pentagon etc. Why do u think them and other European and Asian countries are world powers today? They harness their potentials and skills together ...we (black African nations) are busy celebrating mediocrity, fighting over a religion that was given to us by whites and Arabs after enslaving our ancestors. Look at those ruling our dear country ...so brother Certificate isn’t everything but our skills and intellect can be sharpened by proper education. This so called likes of wizkids can’t do anything for us but sing about ladies provocatively and we enrich them while the country crumbles each day.

I’m a living testimony to this, I’m been employed by the government of country that isn’t mine, they utilize my skills alongside other compatriots of mine for their own development. Nigeria didn’t offer such chance or previlege. One of my colleague here is one of the best programmers have met in my lifetime..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts / Amaechina Chimbusonma Nwadiuto Scores Nine A1s In 2023 WASSCE / Photos: Children Seen Hanging On The Back Of A Moving Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.