Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (27006 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by agabaI23(m): 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
To say good morning is now sounding ancient. *Shakes head*

Very soon hugging your wife will become archaic too.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by rasputinn(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
No,the husbands should greet first,happy now

Hissssss,what's it with you guys,does it matter who really greets firstGEEEEEZ
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Rastamann: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2010
It really doesn't matter to me, more so, many time I wake my wife up with early morning sex.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Abekeade08(f): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2010
^^^I feel you oh jare. All this husband is supposed to greet wife, wife is supposed to greet husband, geez who cares??. Rastamann just stated the best way for a husband or wife to say good morning. grin grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 1:03am On Mar 31, 2010
Who the hell said I dont respect my fiance? I said no such thing, I believe if you can't remember simple things, you should carry a pad and pen with you so you can keep track who said what and who,

Meldrick, I do not address my fiance in that manner, HOWEVER I WILL ADDRESS YOU LIKE THAT IF YOU want to be address such as, LET ME KNOW,

If motherfugga dont pertain to you then you need not to GET DEFENSIVE, BUT IF THE SHOE FIT, wear it!

Handle that boo,
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by TewMuch: 1:44am On Mar 31, 2010
Only Nigerians with their ancient way of thinking will see this as the right thing to do. This would have been appropriate in the times where marriage is arranged, and the man is the woman's father's age mate or royalty. Now, we have all gone against custom and started choosing our own spouses out of the love and respect we have for each other. Throughout courtship we are lovebirds, then as soon as you get married you turn around and start being an authority figure to your wife? Lets forget about brideprice, do you really think the small money you paid for traditional rites is enough to buy a human being? That you feel you should control a human being like that? Your wife is your partner, and should be free with you. Making yourself a demi-god in the house will only retard the love and success in the marriage. I wouldnt advice a wife to behave like that with her husband, its strange. Affection towards each other will not make you focus on such. I mean dont you have other issues like getting to work early, and paying your bills? you guys make much ado about nothing. What do you want for waking up second? A medal?

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by marvielson(m): 2:58am On Mar 31, 2010
I'v heard that when a woman sees a man in all nature's glory before time she loses respect for men, western culture has it's highlights and respect is not one of them. A guy likes to know he's loved by his woman and this show of affection in the morning does go a long way.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nwaka77: 4:45am On Mar 31, 2010
TewMuch:

Only Nigerians with their ancient way of thinking will see this as the right thing to do. This would have been appropriate in the times where marriage is arranged, and the man is the woman's father's age mate or royalty. Now, we have all gone against custom and started choosing our own spouses out of the love and respect we have for each other. Throughout courtship we are lovebirds, then as soon as you get married you turn around and start being an authority figure to your wife? Lets forget about brideprice, do you really think the small money you paid for traditional rites is enough to buy a human being? That you feel you should control a human being like that? Your wife is your partner, and should be free with you. Making yourself a demi-god in the house will only retard the love and success in the marriage. I wouldnt advice a wife to behave like that with her husband, its strange. Affection towards each other will not make you focus on such. I mean dont you have other issues like getting to work early, and paying your bills? you guys make much ado about nothing. What do you want for waking up second? A medal?

Thank you, you have said it all. Nigerians and their obnoxious, unnecessary noise making. That is why marraige is a scam in Naija. No love, no mutual respect and understanding for each other. Its just a slave and master relationship. Terrible! undecided

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 6:00am On Mar 31, 2010
lolz

im tryna imagine

gawd this shizz is funny!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Olorunjuwon(m): 6:21am On Mar 31, 2010
Nawa o0h, ladies of todays are very rude, how could a wife feel reluctant to first greet her husband in d morning, that is d first tin to do once she wake up. . . Under normal consequences, a good house must knee down 4 her husband bside bed has her husband woke up & greet him even pray 4 him. .b4 anytin would be done. . .a good housewife must be highly respectful, some housewife disrespect their husband more than any other person could do. . .if mummy feel pompous to greet daddy in d morning, is not a crime 4 daughter not to greet mummy in d morning because d head of d family has been disregarded.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by GL(f): 6:34am On Mar 31, 2010
Olorunjuwon:

Nawa o0h, ladies of todays are very rude, how could a wife feel reluctant to first greet her husband in d morning, that is d first tin to do once she wake up. . . Under normal consequences, a good house must knee down 4 her husband bside bed has her husband woke up & greet him even pray 4 him. .b4 anytin would be done. . .a good housewife must be highly respectful, some housewife disrespect their husband more than any other person could do. . .if mummy feel pompous to greet daddy in d morning, is not a crime 4 daughter not to greet mummy in d morning because d head of d family has been disregarded.

this is so funny grin grin grin grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2010
now i see why there are lot of broken homes both in 9ja and the western world! in a situation were a wife thinks she has equal right and authority as her husband do which makes the man loose his crown which symbolizes authority as the head of the house, then there's bound 2 b a lot of problems. it was'nt so in d days of our 4-fathers! no wonder divorces is d order of d day, wen u change gods original plan 4 d family den there's bound 2 b problems

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Cyberfreak(f): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2010
s.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ucnduka(f): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Manty,How come there is more pressure on women to do things that make their partner appreciate them? How many things are Nigerian men known for doing for their wives to make them appreciative?
That aside, all you men on this thread, and also women (shockingly) advocating this 'greet first' policy by talking about verses of submission in the Bible should remember that the Bible also demands that men love their wives like Christ loved the church. Ask yourselves how many men love their wives like Christ loved the church and whether if those men love their wives in that way, they would pursue such trivial issues like who greets first in the marriage.
I cannot see the relationship between being a 'submissive wife' and being the first to greet. It has always been said that in the institution of marriage, two people become one;so I don't see the reason why a part of a single entity would enforce on the other part, a rule. IMO, just like a whole lot of people wake up in the morning to say their greetings to God but still live terrible lives during the day, the same spouse that makes it a duty to greet the other spouse 'good morning' can make ur whole day bad. Bottom line,the question of who greets first is a mole hill that should not be made a mountain, if there is real love in the marriage, this issue raised would never come up.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2010
Cyberfreak:

^Don't make me laugh. How many men love their wives these days? Is it not also part of the Bible that men should love their wives the way Christ loves the church? Go and place pictures of the end time in threads where men are accused of being serial cheats and not loving their wives.
IT'S VERY SIMPLE! WHEN U GET MARRIED DONT GREET UR HUSBAND AND LET'S SEE

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2010
the only thing, i mean only thing that would ever make a woman find it difficult to be the first the humble herself and greet her husband is nothing else than {pride} and remember this same pride goes before the fall of a nation, and this same pride has result to many broken homes both in nigeria and the western world. i pity any lady who cant deal with her pride before hand, pride has been 1 of d gr8test weapon satan is using 2 pull down homes,

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ucnduka(f): 8:20am On Mar 31, 2010
Cyberfreak:

^Don't make me laugh. How many men love their wives these days? Is it not also part of the Bible that men should love their wives the way Christ loves the church? Go and place pictures of the end time in threads where men are accused of being serial cheats and not loving their wives.
Thank you for this. The bible also encouraged men to be willing to give their lives up just like Christ did for the church. Moreover, Christ have his life first before demanding submission. So, men ought to love their wives faithfully before screaming submission.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by GL(f): 8:29am On Mar 31, 2010
joe4christ:

the only thing, i mean only thing that would ever make a woman find it difficult to be the first the humble herself and greet her husband is nothing else than {pride} and remember this same pride goes before the fall of a nation, and this same pride has result to many broken homes both in nigeria and the western world. i pity any lady who cant deal with her pride before hand, pride has been 1 of d gr8test weapon satan is using 2 pull down homes,

it's also pride that would make it difficult for the husband to greet first.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 8:34am On Mar 31, 2010
this is soo stupid!!

nobody should be the first to greet anybody!

what is wrong with people??
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 8:55am On Mar 31, 2010
@ayettymama: Hmmm! Another warped western thought. I'm trying to create a scenario where you wake up, look your husband eyeball to eyeball and lousily walk your way into the day. Decaying morals and values where the woman rubs shoulder with her man.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ucnduka(f): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2010
joe4christ:

Pls mind what u type from that keyboard of urs. If trully u believe in God u would advocate mutual respect from both parties. Infact, it is only an obsessively proud boy sorry man that would not greet his wife if she does not greet him first and make an issue over it!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ayettymama(f): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2010
deluxecad:

@ayettymama: Hmmm! Another warped western thought. I'm trying to create a scenario where you wake up, look your husband eyeball to eyeball and lousily walk your way into the day. Decaying morals and values where the woman rubs shoulder with her man.

lolz

so they evn woke up next to each other?

its all sounding even more stoipid!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by MuNeme(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2010
Who greets first can never be an argument! We always whisper lovely words into each others ears in the morning without minding who says first. And she enjoys it anytime I wake her wit those romantic words
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 31, 2010
This generation is crazy.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2010
deluxecad:

So you wake up in the morning, look at him eyeball to eyeball and say 'good-morning' . . do you put 'sir' too LOL! cheesy

I had a friend who's hubby insisted she added 'sir' whenever she gretted him! lol! Chei, we don suffer no be small! cheesy

There's no big deal in greeting somebody, I step out of my house in the morning, I see my neighbour's househelp washing the car and I say good morning to her. For me, it doesn't matter who greets first. Though I'm not married, I don't think my hubby and I would have that kind of formal relationship where someone will have to say 'good morning' . . . Maybe kiss, good morning dear how how was ur night . . bla bla bla. But to say that I have to be the first to say 'good morning' to my husband as a sign of respect? That sounds weird! undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 9:54am On Mar 31, 2010
Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!! God is not silly to have made the men our heads. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

Ladies! Ladies!! Ladies!!! God is not silly to have made the men our heads. A word is enough for the wise

Don't bring God into this one abeg! I think it'll be hypocritical of me to greet my husband in the morning just because he says so. If I think I should I would do it without any qualms. You can't force respect, and who says greeting is a sign of respect
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by jydewalker(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2010
To chaircover & Benedicta. I say "U r d best"

To others I say: It doesn't really matter who greets first. What matters is that u remain in good and cordial relatnship. If a woman did not greet, what tie the man's mouth? She is yr wife or fiancee or sister for heavens' sake. It is vice-versal, even though we lived in a cultured environment, that man always has no blame even 4 adultery. But 4 Peace to reign, if u notice yr hussy is interested and counted it to be yr duty, plss greet him. It doesn't takeanything frm you. God wl grant all the wisdom to manage and cooperate wt their husband in thir various homes. Devil wl not overtake/hijack yr home frm you ooooooo. It shall be well.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by gReenmAn(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2010
Ordinarily, it shouldn't matter who greets whom first.

But being Africans (remember the topic focuses on Africans), we were brought up to show respect for our elders and our heads/leaders.
In the African  (and Christian) context, the husband is regarded as head of the home, and greeting is one of the foremost visible forms of showing respect (in all cultures) .

It therefore follows that the African woman will show respect to the husband by greeting him (first).

Caveat:
The above scenario definitely excludes the non-African woman, the wannabe Oyibo Naija babe, the disillusioned & disgruntled wife and the unAfricanised African woman.

This is my humble submission. wink
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Linguist(f): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2010
there are so many things that do not count butwe make it count . who greet who first is not the problem so long as greeting took place grin. well, in Africa, it is expected that u greet ur senior first as the junior, wife to the husband. but there is something i do say, if u know what to do to live in peace, do it. if the man want you to greet him first for peace to reign why not do it? lipsrsealed Nothing is bad if a man hug/kiss kiss his wife in the morning or any time of the day, it increases affection and bonding. am out. cool cool
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

Don't bring God into this one abeg! I think it'll be hypocritical of me to greet my husband in the morning just because he says so. If I think I should I would do it without any qualms. You can't force respect, and who says greeting is a sign of respect

are u married?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2010
@Benedictac: No she couldn't be. From her tough disposition on some woman-man issues that require wisdom from God you can tell. Them tech Naija chics. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.