Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (85952 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
HeyCorleone:

One of the humblest pastors around who feels very okay to preach without a suit on.
Whats this one saying?

do you know how much is that shirt?
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Samadict(f): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

T.B Joshua is not a prophet but a sorcerer!

He is an outcast and a spiritual bastard as far as the Nigerian christian community is concerned.

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

The Catholic church believes in tithing,
The Protestants also believe in tithing.

T.B Joshua does not fall in any category, so it is ok for him to tell his members to pay their tithes in anyway they deem fit. The question is, is that scriptural?

T.B Joshua is a dundee utd!
No bible sense at all.

Useless demonized pair from hell!
Hmm. Are you a Christian? With what you wrote here, I wonder what the so called 'Nigerian Christian Community' stands for.
"An outcast and a spiritual bastard" from a Christian. Na real wa.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Respect55(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

He is an outcast and a spiritual bastard as far as the Nigerian christian community is concerned.

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

T.B Joshua does not fall in any category, so it is ok for him to tell his members to pay their tithes in anyway they deem fit. The question is, is that scriptural?

No bible sense at all.

Why are u so pained?? Is ur father a pastor??
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by bilulu(m): 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

tho I didn't watch d video n also am not a fan of TB Joshua do u no according to the Bible u can convert it tithe to money n use it to buy Wat ever ur heart desire n eat it? I am a Catholic n we believe in tithing but it is not compulsory, d amount of blessing u get from God isn't a function of d tithe u pay. wen u read Deuteronomy 14:22 n following u will c Wat d instructions about tithe.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Zivaharry(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

you are just as senseless... as your post......fool
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by adahkennedy(m): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
I pity this freeze hmmmm
A staunch unbeliever yet he still reviles men of God.
The book of Malachi states not paying your tithe is like robbing Elohim.........Hebrews 7 clearly shows a replay of Abraham honour to mechizedick in giving him 10% of his possessions. Mechizedick had no church nor family but he was a priest and in v7 of Hebrews 7 it clearly says that without controversy the lesser is blessed by the greater......
It's better for believers to follow Abraham who was a father of faith than freeze who is fulfilling d will of satan. We should b righteous and wise. As for me and my household we will serve the lord......JOSHUA. TO BE FAITHFUL MEANS FOOLISH TRUST MOST TIMES that why Jesus said d kingdom of God is only open to children because the wisdom of this world just too physical to know spiritual things. Christianity is not rational but spiritual. And d deeper you know God d better you will be able to make it rational.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by chimexdnice(m): 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

shut up
he just spoke the simple truth
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by ojlifa: 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
Anybody who CAN recognize is a fraud.because can itself is a wing of PDP

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by kiddapunk: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

you are just pained because he spoke against your Orthodox beliefs, you just called him all sorts of names and you say you are a Christian. in Mathew 7 Christ said we should beware of false prophet by their fruits, so tell me just one reason you think TB Joshua is fake

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Referendum50(f): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

rubbish this is what they said about paul... God uses what you can't understand.. God has never been on the side of the majority.... Repent for abusing him or be found guilty on the day of judgment
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by sniperr007(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

Na u give am powers bah.?

Because u don't like someone's view doesn't mean the person is wrong.

Even pope say make we pray for pple like u.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Sexina851(f): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
HeyCorleone:

You do not understand the mind of simple Nigerian Christians. If you don't wear suit and sweat, they might think you a fake.

LOL, I never assumed that anyway, besides it's a silly assumption
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by HeyCorleone(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
Sexina851:

LOL, I never assumed that anyway, besides it's a silly assumption

You think it's silly? Ever asked yourself why a majority of them wear a suit and tie, even they know they'd fire prayers that'd make them sweat?
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Mac2016(m): 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
sunisonflex29:
after receiving November alert,person gather mind use 3k play bet naija....only 5 odds o......after playing, u jejely slept off thinking by the time u wake up,ticket yaff sure...

u woke up o,took your phone while smiling.......in your mind you be like "edakun,money don set"

you checked the 1st 3 games....u were smiling o...then you checked the last one..
and behold it was

Barcelona 2 Delta Vigo 2.
kuku kill me......
(Modify ) (Quote ) (Report ) (Sha
Dem get you, correct... Hahahaha >: grin grin grin
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by 9JAgosurvive: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Miss leading heading "Biblical Truth".. All this nonsense won't stop a true thither, it would only give those who never wanted to tithe a justification for not doing so..

If your money don't flow in the direction of your faith, love and passion... You are of all men miserable.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by nairanaira12: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
bezimo:

Its not pastors opinion its what is written in the bible whether pastor quoted it or not.

Malach 3:8-9
8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

So be guided on what you say.What psychological stuff..it doesnt make sensè..i have never given under pressure or force so your argument is not true.

It is you that lacks guidance, quoting the scriptures in isolation. Have you asked yourself who that place is referring to? It was referring to Israelites. Is your pastor an Israelite? If you don't know, you and your pastor are gentiles.

If you read that place with wisdom and clear mind, it was talking about giving food as tithe. So, where did your pastors get the idea of using money to pay tithe?

And for your information, only a levite should collect tithe. Is your pastor a levite?

That Malachi you are quoting is not referring to Christians. It was referring to Israelites - jews. So stop this nonsense.

Is there any part of the new New Testament that said a Christian should pay tithe? Not at all.

Anytime money payment is mentioned in the New Testament, it was emphasized that payment should be made without compulsion.

If ttithe is part of the duties of a Christian, why didn't Paul, Peter mention it? Stop this nonsense and blindness in your life before it destroys your soul.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by tical(m): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
You can only hear the truth from a genuine prophet like TB Joshua. a man of integrity & yes, he is NOT a member of the MONEY LOVING committee of pastors.
though the DISTINGUISHED prophet gave this sermon about tithe couple of years ago before the Daddy Freeze's Free the sheeple nationwide revival grin grin grin
so it wasn't a reply or reaction to the tithing debate.
TB Josh, the one amongst many, with an uncommon gift from the most High. why won't they hate him? the man doesn't worship or love money like the OTHERS.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by mickeymimi: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
http://411tithesofferings.411-cashflow.com/Malachi3Mis-Interpreted.html

Who was Malachi refering to

In Malachi 1:6-8, it is shown that God were speaking to the leaders (the Levites and Priests of Israel) who were defrauding and robbing God of the tithes and offerings not the people who brought the tithes to them (the people continued to give and tithe to them even while these corrupt Levites and priests stole from God - and the widows, the poor and strangers in the land). These priests were not giving God His due honor before the people by taking care of those widows and orphans in need nor were they sacrificing the best of the grain and livestock to God rather they were keeping the best for themselves to sell and increase their own wealth from the things tithed and offered by those who were required to tithe. Just think of the glory our God in heaven would receive if these so-called "tithes and offerings" ministers actually followed these old Covenant instructions by helping the poor and needy with your "tithes and offerings" money instead of helping themselves. Today, we as Christians are called upon in the New Testament (or Covenant) which requires much more in giving and helping those in need than the Old Testament. For, we as Christians shall be judged by our treatment of those in need and those well to due Christians will be judged by what they did with their money (Matthew 19:16-24; Luke 12:33; Luke 19:1-10 and Matthew 25 - more on this later).

Malachi 1:6-8... "6 A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the LORD Almighty. "It is you, O priests, who show contempt for my name. "But you ask, 'How have we shown contempt for your name?' 7 "You place defiled food on my altar. "But you ask, 'How have we defiled you?' "By saying that the LORD's table is contemptible. 8 When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the LORD Almighty"

Notice in verse 6 of Malachi chapter one God says, "It is you, O priests, who show contempt for My Name"; there you have it, it were the priests not the people, who were not respecting God as a Father and Master (if they were sons or servants then they did not show it, making them neither as for as God was concern). God says these priests showed Him contempt instead of honor and "place defiled food on"(v. 7) His altar (this phrase give us more proof that God was talking to the Levitical priesthood because they were the only ones commanded by God to offer the sacrifices on the altar).

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by mickeymimi: 12:01am On Dec 03, 2017
Cont ............

hese priests said to the people, "the Lord’s table is contemptible"(v. 7) causing the "whole nation" to be cursed because of their evil deeds (Malachi 3:9); this gives us further Scripture proof that it were the priests and not, I repeat not the people who God is talking about in Malachi 3. Because only the priests sins brought sin on the nation, the sins of the people were atoned for by the priests; therefore, it was not possible for the people not tithing to bring a curse on the whole nation. So, I say to you today where these self-appointed gospel peddlers claim the people were robbing God - its not the people but the Levites and the priests who were robbing God - read it for yourself. This makes Malachi a prophecy for these same ministers who claim the right of extracting "tithes and offerings" from you because they are during the same thing these "sons of Levi" were doing; and that is keeping the better part of your money for themselves and their pet projects.

Now, when we move to Malachi chapter two we see God is still speaking to the priests and not the people as so many Christians have been led to believe by their leaders, these money lovers and self-proclaimed "tithes and offerings" collectors who have declared themselves to be God. For they say to those who they demand money from, that if you don't give to them you are robbing God. Thereby, claiming if you want to give to God then you must give to them and no one else.

These ministers peddles the word of God for profit and financial gain - teaching for doctrine the traditions of men and doctrines of Satan concerning tithes and offerings; something God have not command them, and He have not given them this authority to demand money from you under the new Covenant. They are misusing the Holy Scripture to fill their pockets and "their churches" bank accounts. They are "living it up" on the word of God rather than being content, and helping those in need. These ministers are refusing to preach the word without cost. The Holy Spirit speaks of these ministers in 2 Peter 3:16… where it is said, these ministers have used Malachi 3 as "untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scripture". Yes, some twist the Scripture through ignorance and some through deceit and evil motives, and they all resist sound doctrine.

Malachi 2:1-9... Admonition for the Priests (Notice here God through the prophet speaks of the the admonish of the Priests not, I repeat not the people)
"1 And now this admonition is for you, O priests. 2 If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name," says the LORD Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me. 3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. 4 And you will know that I have sent you this admonition so that my covenant with Levi may continue," says the LORD Almighty. 5 "My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin. 7 "For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction-because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty. 8 But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi," says the LORD Almighty. 9 "So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law."
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by mickeymimi: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2017
Malachi 3:1-7... The Coming Messenger of God... "1 Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant, In whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," Says the LORD of hosts. 2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire And like launderers' soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness. 4 "Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem Will be pleasant to the LORD, As in the days of old, As in former years. 5 And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien--Because they do not fear Me," Says the LORD of hosts. 6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. 7 Yet from the days of your fathers You have gone away from My ordinances And have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you," Says the LORD of hosts. "But you said, "In what way shall we return?'"

Do Not Rob [Note: This is another subtitle added by the translators which implies that these verses are speaking about people in general rather the priests - the sons of Levi who collected the tithes.]

Malachi 3:8-12... "8 Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, "In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. 11 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," Says the LORD of hosts; 12 And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land," Says the LORD of hosts."

Now, we see here God were speaking to those who were of the Levitical priesthood (Malachi 1:6-8; Malachi 2:1,4,7-8; Malachi 3:3-5). God in Malachi chapter 3 gives us the time of Christ correction of these sons of Levi for their sins against Him in verses 3:1-3. Notice the phrase "I send My messenger"(v. 3:1) this phrase refers to John the Baptist (Malachi 4:5-6 and Matthew 17:9-13) who came and prepared the way for Christ Jesus; and his message was "to bear witness of the Light" (John 1:7) and "the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins" (Mark 1:4) so people would receive Christ as the One who Saves (Luke 7:26-30). Next, we have the phrase, "the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant" (v. 3:1) this phrase refers to Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior (the second Adam) who came to pay the penalty for the sin of Adam and of all Mankind; and to make another Covenant (a New Covenant) with the people whom God would call, a chosen people of priests for His new nation (Hebrews 8 and 1 Peter 2:9-10). So you see, we have the time frame for the purifying of the "sons of Levi" (the priesthood) as the Holy Spirit says of the Messenger of the Covenant, "He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them" (v. 3:3). Christ Jesus, as the Messenger of the Covenant have already purged these "sons of Levi" and purified those who would be called and chosen by God. The priesthood has changed, and Christ is the High Priest of this royal priesthood (Hebrews 2:1;4:14-15; and Hebrews chapters 5-10 of which I will speak more of later). When we get to the phrase, "who can endure the day of His coming?" (v. 3:2), this further identify the arrival of Christ to purify and purge the priesthood (sons of Levi) that "they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness" (v. 3:3). I ask this question are there "sons of Levi" offering up "an offering in righteousness" today? Are not the priests of the New Covenant royal priesthood offering up offerings to God and His Christ in righteousness today? Malachi is the last book of the old Covenant because this closes out the old nation of Israel for the bringing in of the new Covenant as it is written in the book of Hebrews.

Now, let us go back to these priests and sons of Levi during Malachi time. They were denying the portions of the tithes which belonged to the "widows and orphans" and the alien (every three years they were to share the tithes they received with needy) in the land of Israel (Deut. 14:27-29 and Mal. 3:5). Having already proved from Malachi 1 and 2 that the priests, the sons of Levi were the ones who are said to have been robbing God of His "tithes and offerings" in Malachi 3:8. If you still do not see this at this stage of my paper, then I pray that you please ask God for understanding with a humble and teachable heart, and He give you understanding in this too. Furthermore, this can be seen clearly in these verses in the book of Malachi where God says of these corrupt "sons of Levi"; "you place defiled food on My altar", you say "the LORD's table is contemptible" (Mal. 1:7), and "you bring blind animals for sacrifice" (Mal. 1:cool. Then, we come to Malachi 3 where God speaks of purifying and purging the sons of Levi, and that God will come near to them for judgment. He "will be a swift witness against... those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, and against those who turn away an alien" (Mal. 3:5). As you can see God says, these "sons of Levi" were receiving the "tithes and offerings" from the people, but they were taking the best for themselves (for the Spirit says they exploited wage earners) and refusing to give to and support the widows, orphans, and aliens in the land.

finish reading at .... too long

http://411tithesofferings.411-cashflow.com/Malachi3Mis-Interpreted.html
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by mecussey(m): 12:14am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

What have you gained with all these ...?
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Iamzik: 12:14am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

Approval of PFN, CAN and your so called Christian community is what matters to you....i didn't see Jesus Christ on your list up there.

If the whole world accepts a man and Jesus says to him "I Know you not" then of what benefit is all the human approval?

There will be surprises on the last day.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by imaniadeniyi(m): 12:35am On Dec 03, 2017
The prophet has spoken the mind of God. We can all pay our tithe by ourselves. Tb joshua has show us where we should pay our tithe and whom to pay it to...
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
E be like sey Freeze hear sey TB Joshua dey go Indian temple well, well. Fear catch am, him no fit insult am. grin

Hmmmmm
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by tical(m): 12:52am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

Look JESTER. CAN or PFN has no authority or INTEGRITY to validate any preacher for God..especially the CAN/PFN under the leadership of Oritsejafor, Okonkwo, Adefarasin , Moses Iloh etc was a joke era to the Christian community..none of these leaders plus members has the spiritual depth TB Joshua has attained. that is why they feed you lies since they are too proud to submit under the prophet's anointing.
you're just a brainwashed pastor's boy! you know nothing. because these association hold hands & endorse each other doesn't make them credible! Look closely, there's nothing any of them are doing to break uncommon GROUNDS amongst themselves other than the bigger ones tagged as forbes richest pastors, building big cathedrals, motivational prosperity teaching and buying material things then they in turn support little churches with some money (which is not bad anyway). Again such don't translate spiritual depth or blessings.
what is CAN? what is PFN? what has the association achieved so far? who are their endorsed members? Ashimolowo UK charity fraud? chris Okotie serial divorcée? oritsejafor jet $9.4m on board scandal? the fight over benny hinn 2006 Lagos crusade money? ohh please. sorry all of them put together as an association don't match Prophet TB Joshua's integrity or God given spiritual gifts with all due respect.
ACCEPTANCE IS NOT GENUINESS. THE PHARISEES WERE MOST ACCEPTED TOO. TB Joshua don't need them. God is already with him (Emmanuel!)

NOTE: I have respect for the current CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle.he is a pure hearted loving Christian unlike his predecessor. He's a breath of fresh air.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by kaykay1980: 1:15am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

CAN does not know him!
PFN does not know him!

No bible sense at all.

DO NOT LIE ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CONCEPT ABOUT TITHE. PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF BY READING THIS ARTICLE BY A REV FR:

OF PASTORS, MONEY AND THE GOSPEL OF JESUS
There is a popular saying that “the dog that will be lost will not hear the whistle of the hunter.” Many of us are in good company in this regard. Jesus called Judah and among other things greed, lust for money lead him astray and he couldn’t persevere in following the Lord. The bible warns us many times, to preach the gospel freely and not do it for sordid money. (1Pet 5:2). Some translations say, preach the good news not out of greed, or for base gain, or for filthy lucre, or for defiled profit. If we attend to the mission of preaching the Gospel, with dedication and sincerity, money will not be a problem because a labourer also deserves his wages. (Luke 10:7; 1 Tim 5:18)

However, today, the preaching of the Gospel by supposedly Christian pastors has become a lucrative million-dollar business and many are rushing headlong into it and into perdition. Be warned!

The row about tithe is not yet doused because pastors have couched it with the garment of fear instead of true love of God. Paul reminds us that perfect love casts out fear. (1 John 4:18) If you give out of fear, it is useless, if you pay your tithe because of fear of not getting the reward, it is useless. If you pay your tithe because a pastor threatened you, it is useless. Freely, you received, freely you should give back to God, as Paul reminds us, “God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor 9: 6-7)

Before the uproar about tithe, Christians were faced with the scandal of pastors who have become obscenely rich to the detriment of their members. It was a scandal because, sheep were dying of kwashiorkor while pastors were riding Hummer Jeeps and buy private Jets. Schools were supposedly constructed for the poor from the money extorted from the poor, but only the rich can afford the tuition. That scandal has not been effaced, and it is still a blithe on our collective identity as children of God.

Jesus told us to build up structures for ourselves in heaven, where there are no thieves to rob or moth to destroy (Mt. 6:19-20). Nigerian pastors have become adept as building earthly mansions in the ocean of poverty. Remember the Psalmist said, “they will leave their wealth to others and the grave will be their home.” (Ps 49,10ff) Prophet Jeremiah castigated the kings and princes of his time who lived off the poor. The same is happening today. They need to be reminded “this hoard of yours, to whom shall it belong?” (Luke 12: 13-21)

The mission of Jesus is clear. Read again Luke 4:16-18: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom to the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.” The Church has no other mission, but the mission of Jesus. As someone said, the Church has no mission, it is the mission of Jesus that has the Church. Ask yourself, which Church is working to realize this mission?

The poor are paramount and we need to set them free instead of enslaving them. We must empower them instead of despoiling them. What is the difference between many churches today and the Ponzi schemes? They are all network businesses and the unsuspecting ultimately pay a great price – they are always at the receiving end. This is not the Gospel practice handed down by Jesus. The mission of Christ is one of compassion, he went out to meet the people and uplift them from their misery, pain and poverty.

What is the way forward? The solution is simple. Church collection, tithes, donations, etc., whatever name we call them must meet certain criteria. They must be given freely, and joyfully. The giving must not be conditional, that is: “I will pay my tithe, so that God can bless me.” Job has taught us a lesson, He says, “Even if he kills me, I will still love him.” (Job 13:15) Even if you get nothing from God, (which is impossible) you are obligated to contribute to his mission. This is what is called a faithful giving. You are giving because you want to be faithful to the mission of God not because a pastor threatens you or would not pray or bless you until you have given.

Furthermore, only the best is good for God, hence Jesus praised the woman who gave two small coins, because she gave her all, not just 10% or tithe, or 50%. She gave everything she had to live on. In this giving, she surrendered not just her resources to God, but herself. This is a total giving? Total giving cannot be forced, cannot be demanded by a pastor, it must be preached as the truth taught by God and people must be left to make their own decisions. Even in the Acts of the Apostles, where this was practiced, it was still voluntary. When two of the early community members pretended to have given their all and yet kept parts back, they faced the punishment of God.

In Nigeria of today, we do not need a stadium size church anywhere when people don’t have good roads. We do not need any one kilometer or three-kilometers Auditorium when people are jobless and have nowhere else to turn to. We need hospitals to provide health care and lead people to life in abundance, even in its material dimension. We need schools to lift people out of ignorance and vocational training centres to develop much needed man-power. Where are our churches in this regard?

It has been said that “He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses much more, he who loses faith loses all.” We must not allow this to happen to our people. Many of our people don’t believe in God, they believe in their pastors and the bubble will burst one day because many so-called pastors are wolves in sheep clothing – with no inner core, no value but only ephemeral. When that happens even the true church will suffer. Now is the time to talk, but let your live do the talking.

In the final analysis, Jesus is deserving of the best of our life because what is it that we have that has not been given to us? If you become engrossed on the 10% debate, then you are a minimalist, not a lover of Jesus. If conditional tithe is your specialty, then you have not risen with Christ and embraced his new covenant. Tithe is good, but it is an elementary demand for infants in the faith. It is good if you want to pay your tithe, but please remember that it is just a starting point. Jesus upbraided the Pharisees as hypocrites who paid their tithes of spices, mint, dill and cumin, yet neglected the more important matters of the law- justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Mt. 23:23) So pay your tithe, but also do charity. To the pastors what does the Lord asks of you? Prophet Micah says it well: “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:cool

The answer is not blowing in the wind when we apply this to the situation in Nigeria today. Where is mercy when sick people are not cared for and pastors fly Jets around the world? How are they walking humbly with God when Jet flying is their hallmark or when they are surrounded by bull-like guards? Where is justice when shepherds live lusciously and the poor go hungry and our youths are jobless in their thousands. Where is justice when pastors no longer fraternize with the poor and the weak, but associate only with the powerful and the rich? When Jesus comes back again, would he find faith true faith in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by bezimo(m): 1:32am On Dec 03, 2017
nairanaira12:

Is you that lacks guidance, quoting the scriptures in isolation. Have you asked yourself who that place is referring to? It was referring to Israelites. Is your pastor an Israelite? If you don't know, you and your pastor are gentiles.

If you read that place with wisdom and clear mind, it was talking about giving food as tithe. So, where did your pastors get the idea of using money to pay tithe?

And for your information, only a levite should collect tithe. Is your pastor a levite?

That Malachi you are quoting is not referring to Christians. It was referring to Israelites - jews. So stop this nonsense.

Is there any part of the new New Testament that said a Christian should pay tithe? Not at all.

Anytime money payment is mentioned in the New Testament, it was emphasized that payment should be made without compulsion.

If ttithe is part of the duties of a Christian, why didn't Paul, Peter mention it? Stop this nonsense and blindness in your life before it destroys your soul.

Oh the old testament is not refering to christians. Why dont you tear it out of your bible to justify yourself because you are now Holy Spirit senior brother.
Even satan knows the scriptures also but cannot interpret it correctly because he cannot have the Holy Spirit.
I have no time to argue with you. If you like pay your tithe if you like justify yourself not to pay it..its not my problem nor my headache.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by phobia2002: 2:13am On Dec 03, 2017
Lalas247:

What exactly did he say ?
You know I never read topics .....

Infact I don’t even care ... can’t stand the Guy ... he is a scammer cause He doesn’t seem to be from Gid
Besides

“They will come in sheeps clothing “ “ with signs and wonders” for fools to be brainedwashed
if your pastor lack power to heal and deliver because of love of material things doesn't mean miracle and wonder is not part of gospel or Christianity (Matthew 10:1) have you asked your pastor why he cannot do the same

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by victorioushands: 2:19am On Dec 03, 2017
I do not claim to have attained spiritual maturity but, from what my heart knows and my eyes have seen, Prophet T. B. Joshua is THE ONLY spiritual man I saw at the gate and boundaries of Nigeria and he's the only "man of God" I saw who discuses Nigeria in the spirit. There will surely be others but he was the only one I saw. Now, you can call him whatever you may, but he is a spiritual pillar. Other things not revealed belongs to God.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by TEYA: 4:22am On Dec 03, 2017
bezimo:

You must not respond to every submission just for the sake of posting especially if you have nothing rational to say.

People who tithe dont care if you dont tithe neither is that their business nor headache unlike non tithing folks like you and your likes who have made it your life aim and purpose to speak against tithing and those who support it with with the aim of making them change their stance which has clearly failed.
Its not your money neither is your fathers money so stop telling me garbage talk of how or why i should not tithe. Ok!
If you don't care you guys will not be jumping online aggressively anytime you hear 'daddy freeze'. And I need to state here that from the way you guys are turning aggressive at the mention of tithe, insulting people's fathers to buttress your point, I will not be surprise if you start planting IEDs on non tithers because na so boko haram take start.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by bezimo(m): 4:36am On Dec 03, 2017
TEYA:

If you don't care you guys will not be jumping online aggressively anytime you hear 'daddy freeze'. And I need to state here that from the way you guys are turning aggressive at the mention of tithe, insulting people's fathers to buttress your point, I will not be surprise if you start planting IEDs on non tithers because na so boko haram take start.

You are overfloging this matter by imagining an impossible scenerio(Haba IED), all because tithers have come out to say hey look here you can't tell us what to do with our money with respect to our decision to pay tithe because of what we believe. If you can't understand and respect that..you have a big big problem.
Re: TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) by caesaraba(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2017
bezimo:

[/b]

You are overfloging this matter by imagining an impossible scenerio(Haba IED), all because tithers have come out to say hey look here you can't tell us what to do with our money with respect to our decision to pay tithe because of what we believe. If you can't understand and respect that..you have a big big problem.

Reading how curt a 'pro-tither' and richly (since that is the main thing now) blessed Christian like you has responded to comments to others on this thread in the defence of your beliefs further reinforces my own belief that I made the right choice on Christianity. And yes I agree with you, everyone should either decide to pay or not to pay. Asserting however, that only 'tithers' receive blessings (wealth) without sorrow is, with due respect, a truckload of garbage. That, right there, is why this African traditional Christianity which is very popular these days is scaring people albeit quietly and in trickles, back to the more conservative churches. How about the Hindus, Jews, Atheists, Muslims and other non-Christians world over that are blessed in ways in which are beyond even your wildest imaginations? (This truth might be hard for you to swallow since you sound quite arrogant). The problem is that, you lot keep promoting this version of Babalawo Christianity which emphasizes a transactional based system which only goes to say that chalartans have taken over the gospel of Jesus Christ.
If I go to the house of the Christian God this morning to pay my tithe with the sole purpose of receiving even more in return, have I given freely? What then makes it any diffrerent from my ancestor in the village who makes animal sacrifices to his African Gods in order to receive same, if Jesus Christ has died for me on the cross?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour / Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.