Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ (5140 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn Their PDP Membership Cards Because Of Atiku (Photos) / Fayose: I Went To Court With Perfume To Burn My PDP Cards & Flags If Sheriff Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Penco2020(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
News emerged on the alleged tearing of the Peoples’ Democratic Party membership card by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Our source who spoke recently to the aide of the former President of Nigeria in Abuja, Nigeria said Chief Olusegun Obasanjo did not openly tear his PDP membership card as widely reported by the Nigerian press.
Recall sometime in 2015, the ex-president while speaking at the Global Education and Skills Forum, (GESF) in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate, said he did not tear his PDP membership card adding that he is not aware, maybe somebody else did it if the story that made the rounds then was anything to go by.
According to the former President, ” “I didn’t openly tear my PDP membership card; somebody else tore it because I said to him, ‘Here is the card, do whatever you like with it.
“If you like keep it; if you like tear it, if you like burn it. Here it is because they say it is giving them concern and they don’t know what is happening.
”I did that to prove to them what is happening; I could not have torn the party’s membership card.”
This is in wake of the alleged threats made by Nigeria’s literary giant , Prof Wole’s Soyinka to tear his American Green Card if Donald Trump wins the US presidential election.
Obasanjo’s aide faulted the threat adding that it amounts to a criminal offence which is not only actionable but also punishable that is capable of earning Soyinka a custodial sentence if the threat is by any act of omission or commission carried out.
Speaking further, our source produced a photograph of the former president where he publicly displayed his PDP membership card saying that Obasanjo though no longer an active member of the former ruling party did not tear the party’s property knowing full well what it would amount to.
On the contrary, pictorial evidence in the photograph below shows where what looks like the card in contention was actually torn. What is being called in question here, however, is if the damaged property belongs to the former President.
https://dailytimes.ng/opinion/obasanjo-shocks-nigerians-says-i-not-tear-pdp-membership-card/amp/
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Mynd44: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by hatchy(f): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
Obasanjo is invariably telling Nigerians that he still belong to PDP and will finish the project he started in the past -- to ensure that Atiku Abubakar does not get the presidential ticket under PDP.

Atiku Abubakar may develop high blood pressure on hearing this latest news.

Honestly I pity Atiku.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Is chief Olusegun Obasanjo planning to go back to pdp? Is he no longer affraid of our loosed corrupted anti-corruption crusadar?
He was never in support of apc in the first place. The fear of Buhari made him did all that he did. He is always KAMPE in his game. How he managed gained the trust and respect of nigerians still baffles me, after destroying our economy and handing the corpse to Yaradua and Jonathan who buried it, and now to Buhari who is holding the final burial.
Pdp ko, apc ni, apga yo!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by NLandIsHypocrit: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
hatchy:
Ok
And who's surprised?
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by NLandIsHypocrit: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Obasanjo remains the smartest politifcian in Nigeria, but I thought he was being smart by choosing to remain neutral but his political status just became more belittled than that of Atiku. While Atiku kept jumping from one party to another as a political prostitute, his boss now shamelessly dished out a white smelly lies over his previous actions that made a wild news with pictorial evidence. They keep disgracing themselves for political and selmeat reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by spy24(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
I refuse to be shocked
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by uwa1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
OBJ and his tactics....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Khd95(m): 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
Too much of ewedu grin

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by boss01: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hahaha, obj. The Worst of them all
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by SHAKABOOM: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
Pdp should not give Obj any atom of power in there party..Why is he saying so now?He just wants to get to atiku not that he truely luvs Pdp..Fear no go let am..Infact If buhari coughs ebola of owu sneezes.
Not that I luv atiku but atiku is a real man with balls..He took the bull buy the horn by making his intentions know not hypocrites like Obj,tinubu ad co that can't stand on one place.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by ROCE: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
remember when PDP members went to beg baba some months ago? Ha, atiku, atiku, a ti kuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by SoNature(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
velai:
Is chief Olusegun Obasanjo planning to go back to pdp? Is he no longer affraid of our loosed corrupted anti-corruption crusadar?
He was never in support of apc in the first place. The fear of Buhari made him did all that he did. He is always KAMPE in his game. How he managed gained the trust and respect of nigerians still baffles me, after destroying our economy and handing the corpse to Yaradua and Jonathan who buried it, and now to Buhari who is holding the final burial.
Pdp ko, apc ni, apga yo!

Are you okay, kid? Which Obasanjo destroyed Nigeria's economy? I can bet you were a little boy when Obasanjo was president. FYI, Obasanjo's teams of Charles Soludo and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala gave us the strongest economy we ever had with the cancellation of Paris Club debt, and consolidation of the banking sector. His administration deregulated the telecom industry, which allowed private telcos, Econet, MTN etc to move in, stimulating the economy and creating jobs

You may call Obasanjo terrible names, but he sure knows how to pick out and work with smart people regardless of their tribes, unlike the dunce we have in Aso Rock now. Obasanjo also discovered Dora Akunyili of the blessed memory.

To the topic now, if he turns around to deny that he didn't tear his card, I am not surprised because African leaders are some of the worst in the world and Obasanjo is no exception.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by profdotcom: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
OBJ is coming for Atiku....

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
SoNature:

Are you okay, kid? Which Obasanjo destroyed Nigeria's economy? I can bet you were a little boy when Obasanjo was president. FYI, Obasanjo's teams of Charles Soludo and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala gave us the strongest economy we ever had with the cancellation of Paris Club debt, and consolidation of the banking sector. His administration deregulated the telecom industry, which allowed private telcos, Econet, MTN etc to move in, stimulating the economy and creating jobs

You may call Obasanjo terrible names, but he sure knows how to pick out and work with smart people regardless of their tribes, unlike the dunce we have in Aso Rock now. Obasanjo also discovered Dora Akunyili of the blessed memory.

To the topic now, if he turns around to deny that he didn't tear his card, I am not surprised because African leaders are some of the worst in the world and Obasanjo is no exception.
yet he spent 16 billion dollars on energy with nothing to show for it. Fuel scarcity...

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by osazeeblue01: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by SoNature(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
velai:
yet he spent 16 billion dollars on energy with nothing to show for it. Fuel scarcity...

Well, that doesn't translate to destroying the economy. They were corrupt and wasteful. Peter Odili and Alameisaigha were huge partakers of the amount you quoted.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Emperorchix(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
no more vacancy for him in PDP
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
OBASANJO just like a typical Afonja..is envious of Atiku..

scare shit what Atiku presidency will do to his remaining life on earth..

his scared of returning to prison ust like he(ObJ" marabout predicted while he was in prison..

All this his noise is nothing.. nobody is supporting him..
Obasanjo is a man that deal with sentiments and like to draw emotion.. ignore him and he will chiken out..
give him rope..and he will feel important and would even take more..

wisemen in politics always avoid him.. senior general don't degrade themselves to his level..yet the control more balls..much more than he would ever..

Obasanjo is no God and by 2019.. Atiku will formally retire him..

and who knows..

..either to Kirikiri..his most scared nightmare or maybe..
house arrest..

but definitely the Old zom.. must be retired..

no two ways..same with Buhari daura..

Atiku state of mind..

we doing this..

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by mrsfavour(f): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
Obasanjoooo!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by zoedew: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
A man trained and paid at public expense to watch what was being transported in and out of Nigeria who gets involved in private transportation business on the same route opens himself up to conflict of interests in the discharge of his duties. Such conduct is not only contrary to the General Orders of the Public Service which forbids a public servant from involvement in profit-oriented endeavors other than agriculture it is also unpatriotic, fraudulent, deceitful and most dishonest. Is that what he commends to the youth as “entrepreneurship”? By his own admission Atiku has been busy at dishonest conduct as a public official since 1971 and sees nothing unethical and unlawful about that! He validates the position of folks who tar him as corruption articulated! #AtikuIsOutToSellNigeria
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by chillychill(f): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
Lol dis guy is a snake olohun angry... I hope what happens to lord Peter baeylish happens to him in grand style grin... He wants to b everywhere without choosing a side
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
SoNature:

Well, that doesn't translate to destroying the economy. They were corrupt and wasteful. Peter Odili and Alameisaigha were huge partakers of the amount you quoted.
Inflation? increase in prices of petrol products started with him. The economic woes that we suffer today started under his watch.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by iamgenius(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
chillychill:
Lol dis guy is a snake olohun angry... I hope what happens to lord Peter baeylish happens to him in grand style grin... He wants to b everywhere without choosing a side
He's a sword(two faced).
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
bounty007:

his scared of returning to prison ust like he(ObJ" marabout predicted while he was in prison..

Obasanjo is a man that deal with sentiments and like to draw emotion.. ignore him and he will chiken out..

wisemen in politics always avoid him.. senior general don't degrade themselves to his level..yet the control more balls..much more than he would ever..

and who knows..

house arrest..

Atiku state of mind..

we doing this..
Atiku ko, A-ti-kun ni. Make we c road biko.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by chillychill(f): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:

He's a sword(two faced).

Exactly... O de shi ma te. He doesn't no what he wants
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by iamgenius(m): 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
chillychill:

Exactly... O de shi ma te. He doesn't no what he wants
I think he knows it. Maybe if he could sell this country. LOLZ
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by bonechamberlain(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
bounty007:

and who knows..

house arrest..

Atiku state of mind..

we doing this..
well said.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by farihafaheemah(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
SHAKABOOM:
Pdp should not give Obj any atom of power in there party..Why is he saying so now?He just wants to get to atiku not that he truely luvs Pdp..Fear no go let am..Infact If buhari coughs ebola of owu sneezes.
Not that I luv atiku but atiku is a real man with balls..He took the bull buy the horn by making his intentions know not hypocrites like Obj,tinubu ad co that can't stand on one place.
Tinubu never cross carpeted, ACN merged with other political parties to form APC unlike atiku that cross carpeted from PDP to AC, then back to PDP, cross again to APC, now back to PDP. OBJ opted out of PDP, never joined any political party. So the comparison among duo is not justifiable

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
Father of ALL LIARS!

Yes right believe OBJ at your own peril.

Someone who said that he does not know that Yaradua have a heart problem

Someone who said PDP is dead and buried

Fayose and Wike fought so hard to keep this party from total extinction, then he is back again. Hmmmm

To prove that he is not God, the party did not die now he is back again Just because of your personal beef with Atiku

The era of using only NTA network to deceive us is over. Thank God for social media. It was just like yesterday...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by SHAKABOOM: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
farihafaheemah:

Tinubu never cross carpeted, ACN merged with other political parties to form APC unlike atiku that cross carpeted from PDP to AC, then back to PDP, cross again to APC, now back to PDP. OBJ opted out of PDP, never joined any political party. So the comparison among duo is not justifiable
Deep inside them they are not happy with buhari but they are afraid to take the bull by the horn but Atiku wasn't afraid to take a decisive stance.
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by chillychill(f): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
iamgenius:

I think he knows it. Maybe if he could sell this country. LOLZ

Lmao country Wey don cast since 1960... Wey we no get youths as leaders undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo'll Pay New Minimum Wage, Says Akeredolu / Watch How Olusegun Obasanjo Stole The Show At A Party With A Gold Rolls Royce / 2023: Why Nigerians Shouldn’t Vote Based On Ethnicity, Religion - Livinus Okwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.