Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (64652 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 12:07am On Dec 04, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

Heb 7:5, 18

Hebrews 7:5King James Version (KJV)

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

When you read the verse, it specifically mentions tithe as part of the law of moses that has been disannulled because it has lost usefulness or profitability

So what of the tithes of Abraham and Jacob that existed before the law came to be?
Or you dont know the principle of tithing precedes the law?

By the way i see how u zoomed and used verse 18 to follow verse 5 and try to make it look verse 18 cancels what is written in verse.

Anyway, as I said, you people should continue.
Una welldone

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by 3RNEST(m): 12:08am On Dec 04, 2017
kolnel:
I blame the poverty level in Africa where you have to practically wait on god to do everything for you

30% tithes
That’s no tithe

And some of this Pastor are very arrogant
I'm telling u, beside that's show off... It's not necessary!!
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by 3RNEST(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2017
easiest:
God say make pay 10% and you insist that na 30% you pay. You wan know pass your creator ehh.

You are an extremist for saying that because you want to do more than what God instruct.

Am disappointed that a so called man of God can say that
grin grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Fearcom(m): 12:12am On Dec 04, 2017
1. Until you show me in scripture (new testament) where it is expressly written that tithes have been done away with, I won't accept it
2. GIVING has never been done away with, and TITHING is a part of GIVING.
3. When Jesus told a rich young ruler to GIVE ALL HE HAD to the poor, the bible says he went away SORROWFUL. Also in Acts, the early Christians sold ALL THEY HAD and distributed it among themselves.
If the early Christians gave 100%, why are you having headache over 10%?
4. Fornication the old testament is fornication in the new testament. sin is sin in both testaments. The differences in the old and new testaments is righteousness by faith in the finished work of Chris

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:13am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

So what of the tithes of Abraham and Jacob that existed before the law came to be?
Or you dont know the principle of tithing precedes the law?

By the way i see how u zoomed and used verse 18 to follow verse 5 and try to make it look verse 18 cancels what is written in verse.

Anyway, as I said, you people should continue.
Una welldone

Lol...I'm besides myself with enormous laughter. cheesy grin

Seriously, I'm naive here, please can you tell me about the tithes paid by Abraham and Jacob

And talking about zooming 18 from 5. Please, what other part of the verse would you like us to read or zoom out?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by ichommy(m): 12:15am On Dec 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Fearcom(m): 12:20am On Dec 04, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
Tithing is not biblical, it's not Christian, how hard is that for them blind Christians to understand?

Tithing and Giving are biblical and are expressly written in scripture both old and new testaments.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 12:20am On Dec 04, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

Lol...I'm besides myself with enormous laughter. cheesy grin

Seriously, I'm naive here, please can you tell me about the tithes paid by Abraham and Jacob

And talking about zooming 18 from 5. Please, what other part of the verse would you like us to read or zoom out?

There is no need learning about Abraham's and Jacobs tithe bro.
If u want to find it,
Trust me, even google knows it

But we all know your mind is made up.
Its the same way Freeze continued to argue even the day he was showed Abraham's tithe.
At first, he thought only levites collected tithe

That's how u will also continue to argue.
So no need.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by wealthpin: 12:22am On Dec 04, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Apostle sir,

By all biblical and conventional standards, tithe is 10%.

Nothing more and nothing less!

30% increment is no longer tithe but a sacrifice or seed or an offering.

When God asked Noah to build an Ark, he gave him the fashion and measurements. When God asked Moses to build the Ark of Tabernacle, he was given a fashion and measurement.

They both kept absolutely to the dictates and instructions of God.

Therefore, over zealousness is not godliness. It is simply spiritual rascality.

1 Corinthians 14:40 says; "Let all things be done decently and in order".

On this; I am with Frz.

u are wrong on this one. No verse or chapter of the bible that emphasizes tithing. Tithing is a scam! Take a stand for or against #tithing...stop sitting on the fence.expect my writeup on the defense of #tithing is a scam soon(it is going to be proven wrong with biblical facts). Watch out for it.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Fearcom(m): 12:24am On Dec 04, 2017
Those complaining about tithes don't read the Bible and are bordering on doctrinal error. The bible clearly admonishes us to give 1.to God for HIS WORK Mal 3, Luke 6:38 2. To genuine men of God and to others who are in need
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by abbeyty(m): 12:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Either he increased it to 100 perecent or not all the tithes still belong to him as the ceo of the church. who is he deceiving?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by aspirebig: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2017
Authoreety:
My guy, its not ur money... let him pay whatever suits him as his tithe... E no concern u ooooooo...

Na MMM. ....see response so so funny like mmm own
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:30am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

If u want to find it,

Its the same way Freeze continued to argue even the day he was showed Abraham's tithe.

So no need.

Baba, we are not arguing, we are reasoning. Know the difference.

You have not even quoted a scripture to back your claim.

Just a scripture would have solved all your ranting undecided

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by kino: 12:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Daddy Freeze I totally support you on this issue.

Our so called pastors are enriching themselves while the gullible continue listen to them. Here is a very good article on tithing.

Answer by Fr. John Echert on 12/22/2001:
The tithe is a tenth part of something paid as a sort of religious tax. The practice is old and is not limited to Israel. Early biblical examples of tithing include that offered to Melchizedek by Abram (Gen 14:20) and that promised to God by Jacob (Gen 28:22). Tithing became legislated at some point and became a means of support for the Levites who served in conjunction with priests in worship. One example of the requirement to tithe appears in the book of Leviticus:

27:30 "All the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the LORD's; it is holy to the LORD. 27:31 If a man wishes to redeem any of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 27:32 And all the tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the LORD. 27:33 A man shall not inquire whether it is good or bad, neither shall he exchange it; and if he exchanges it, then both it and that for which it is exchanged shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed." 27:34 These are the commandments which the LORD commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Beyond tithing of grains, vines, and flocks, the Pharisees at some point extended the requirement to tithe upon all sorts of other items, making this religious requirement a burden for the people. Jesus was critical of the scribes and Pharisees for externalizing religious observance with such elaborate tithes while failing to be truly spiritual:

11:42 "But woe to you Pharisees! for you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God; these you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. (Luke)

As to tithing in the NT, I am not aware of an explicit requirement, as such, to tithe –at least not as practiced as a tax, in the OT. This is not to say that one is not obliged to support the Church, as is obvious by Gospel and Epistle references to supporting those who labor and by the collections taken up, described in Acts and by Paul, for the work of the Church. But this was NOT a tax or according to a proportional standard, as is obvious from the story in Acts about a crooked couple:

5:3 But Peter said, "Anani'as, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? 5:4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." 5:5 When Anani'as heard these words, he fell down and died. And great fear came upon all who heard of it. 5:6 The young men rose and wrapped him up and carried him out and buried him.

As Peter noted, Ananias was not obliged to give the money to the apostles.

In the New Testament we have some examples of those who were invited to go beyond any standard or percentage. For instance, our Lord invited the rich man to “sell all you have and give to the poor and come follow me.” The man went away sad and passed up this personal invitation. And elsewhere, our Lord commends a poor widow, who gave all that she had, as was little, to the Temple treasury. And the early apostolic Church similarly describes a situation in which people shared all in common. St. Paul took up collections from the churches in the Diaspora for support of the church at Jerusalem, and he accepted personal financial support from the church at Philippi. I believe St. Paul and others would say that we should be generous in our support of the Church and allow the Spirit to guide that generosity, rather than attempt to legislate it with a hard and fast rule.

I know that some denominations and Christians do regard tithing as an ethical requirement, perhaps basing this upon the OT practice. And some Catholic parishes have recently approached parish support from this perspective. But still, we do not tax our people and cannot require compliance. On the other hand, ten percent may represent a reasonable amount for those who are financially able to afford such support and so it may be a helpful standard to suggest. But all Catholics should keep in mind: the Church is NOT a charity and our spiritual family and a Christian has a moral obligation to support his or her parish—at whatever level is appropriate for each person and family. And as some pastors point out, there are forms of tithing besides money; namely, time and talent. ©

Thanks, Art

Father Echert

COPYRIGHT 2017

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by crafteck(m): 12:33am On Dec 04, 2017
Authoreety:
Ds freeze is a psycho....

he should stop fooling himself.
Wetin concern am with how people use their money na...
slave wey like wrist band go tee for handcuffs, continue
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by MMMw: 12:39am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

Where is it written that Malachi was referring to only Levites?
Likewise, you can also conclude that Jesus was only talking to his twelve disciples during his days ba?
Isaiah, Psalms, Proverbs etc etc
Were also written for pple of those days ba?
They were not written for us ba?

And to remind you that Jesus quoted several times from the prophets during his days.

Its like Freeze has taught u people a dangerous new method of studying God's word.

You pple should continue
lol u lack basic comprehension. Malachi talks about storehouse... Storehouse is for Levite's and not for individuals. What goes into the storehouse was tenth from Levite's only.... Well u b church goer

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 12:41am On Dec 04, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

Baba, we are not arguing, we are reasoning. Know the difference.

You have not even quoted a scripture to back your claim.

Just a scripture would have solved all your ranting undecided

A real Christian desiring to follow Gods word will even go as far as google to search it out.

I wont quote it brah. There is no need.
You know how to get there.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by wolesmile(m): 12:41am On Dec 04, 2017
When Freeze sneezes, all gods of men catch cold, and tremble.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Olys4u(m): 12:43am On Dec 04, 2017
Authoreety:
Ds freeze is a psycho....

he should stop fooling himself. Wetin concern am with how people use their money na...
Se Er Your Papa Na Pastor?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2017
MMMw:
lol u lack basic comprehension. Malachi talks about storehouse... Storehouse is for Levite's and not for individuals. What goes into the storehouse was tenth from Levite's only.... Well u b church goer
Olodo
If the bible was written with human comprehension, I guess the book of Psalms, proverbs, Isaiah etc are all then irrelevant in our lives today.
Since those kings and prophets were sent to Israel in their days abi?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Justbright(m): 12:45am On Dec 04, 2017
hamilton62 post=6u2939197:

Just because you have decided to do things the way it is stated and it doesn't mean that people with more zeal for providence don't exist...
Tithing is 10% but within you and a purpose can go on a ratio above... I don't pay 10% because it is too poor being that i want extra-ordinary grace for providence though i know the recommended is 10%...
We all can't do same and want or need same magnitude of providence.

Bible gave clear instruction...10%....anything more is spiritual overzealousness and rascality
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by linearity: 12:46am On Dec 04, 2017
hamilton62:

Just because you have decided to do things the way it is stated and it doesn't mean that people with more zeal for providence don't exist...
Tithing is 10% but within you and a purpose can go on a ratio above... I don't pay 10% because it is too poor being that i want extra-ordinary grace for providence though i know the recommended is 10%...

Sir, any scriptural reference from the pioneers of the Christian faith e.g. Jesus Christ, the Disciples, Apostles, Epitetle, etc tying the bequeathing of ‘extra-ordinary grace for providence’ to tithing?

You don’t even know what Grace is and it’s place in Christian life. It will shock you to realize that, in true biblical teachings, you only talk of Grace when you are a sinner and looking up to God’s unmerited and undeserving favor to save you. Once you are born again, you have been clothed in God’s Grace and righteousness and that new life you live is in God... you stand righteous in his sight just like Jesus blemless and just like Jesus not needing Grace before him, you do not now.

So, as a Christian, you already have the Grace of God abiding in us and with us...BTW, you don’t need ‘extra-ordinary’ or ‘more Grace’. God’s Grace is immeasurable and unquantifiable....it is light God’s Salvation or righteousness...there is nothing like ‘extra-ordinary Salvation or extra-ordinary righteousness’.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by MMMw: 12:49am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

Olodo
If the bible was written with human comprehension, I guess the book of Psalms, proverbs, Isaiah etc are all then irrelevant in our lives today.
Since those kings and prophets were sent to Israel in their days abi?
this one na mumu... U lack understanding... Thus quoting Malachi. Also, re u a Christian or Jew? If Christian no need for tithe cos of Christ like, if Jew no more tithe cos temple not yet rebuild thus no priest to take it. Learn mumu

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:52am On Dec 04, 2017
Fearcom:

Tithing and Giving are biblical and are expressly written in scripture both old and new testaments.

Fearcom:
1. Until you show me in scripture (new testament) where it is expressly written that tithes have been done away with, I won't accept it
2. GIVING has never been done away with, and TITHING is a part of GIVING.
3. When Jesus told a rich young ruler to GIVE ALL HE HAD to the poor, the bible says he went away SORROWFUL. Also in Acts, the early Christians sold ALL THEY HAD and distributed it among themselves.
If the early Christians gave 100%, why are you having headache over 10%?
4. Fornication the old testament is fornication in the new testament. sin is sin in both testaments. The differences in the old and new testaments is righteousness by faith in the finished work of Chris

Tithe was a law to the Jews.Mal 3:10; De 26:12

Tithe wasn't a law to Christians. Hebrews 7:5,18

They were urged to give freely not under obligation.2 Corinthians 9:7

Christians can choose to give tithe or not so far as it was a voluntary giving according to what their heart compels them.

Apostle Paul did not cajole the church to give. He even worked with his own hands to take care of his needs in spite of his minsterial work. 2 Corinthians 8:1-4; Acts 4:34-3

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by MMMw: 12:53am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

If u want to find it,

So no need.
Abraham didn't even pay tithe, rather he disbursed all he got from the war...he said, he keep none so u won't say Abram got rich through your wealth..he kept none... Gave mek tenth of it in appreciation to the most high, then disbursed others

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Peacefullove: 12:53am On Dec 04, 2017
Mac2016:
Confused OAP...like a newspaper is now the scriptures. I tot the book of Malachi was clear on tithe... Why all these confusionists and attention seekers mauling "tithes".
Freeze should do other things for popularity and stop pandering to aggrieved tithe payers' emotions. Your anger on how many offerings including tithes are supposedly being expended on luxuries by some pastors at the expense of dying church goers may be justified but who are you to judge. Nobody is forcing tithe on anyone... You may package yours and deliver it straight to God if you find that necessary. Foolish Freeze

Sentiments as usual.

Just two question for you : If the apostles despite reading that Malachi u mentioned still didn't collect tithe , are your pastors wiser than them ?

Act 2 vs 42 said Christians devote themselves to the teachings of the apostles , show us where this apostles collect tithe ?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by GavelSlam: 12:55am On Dec 04, 2017
hamilton62:

Kalokalo.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

A real Christian desiring to follow Gods word will even go as far as google to search it out.

I wont quote it brah. There is no need.
You know how to get there.

Stop making noise.

Is google your authority now?

Show me one verse from the bible, and stop this back and front, Oga?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Peacefullove: 12:59am On Dec 04, 2017
felixomor:

Not "biblical" indeed
Wow.
Its like Freeze has used instagram to replace you people's bibles....

Continue.

Mr . just two questions for you .

- Didn't the apostles read that same Bible and yet they didn't collect or teach tithe , are your pastors wiser than them ?

- Act 2 vs 42 said Christians devote themselves to the teachings of the apostles, show us where this apostles collect tithe ?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by Bigprick9inches: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2017
hamilton62:

What an idiot

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 1:04am On Dec 04, 2017
Peacefullove:

Mr . just two questions for you .

- Didn't the apostles read that same Bible and yet they didn't collect or teach tithe , are your pastors wiser than them ?

- Act 2 vs 42 said Christians devote themselves to the teachings of the apostles, show us where this apostles collect tithe ?
Did Paul say you shouldn't pay tithe?

Also, let me remind u, Paul didn't marry
So I guess its also a sin to marry abi?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% by felixomor: 1:08am On Dec 04, 2017
IsaacBuchi:

Stop making noise.

Is google your authority now?

Show me one verse from the bible, and stop this back and front, Oga?

Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

I guess your brain will rest now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.