Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

(Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta (9080 Views)

Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) / Handwritten Statement By Nnamdi Kanu Containing Apology To PMB- Saharareporters / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by chelseabmw(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2010
White negros
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by GeorgeD1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
jossy_1luv:

Shell is the worst company anyone can ever work in, they do not pay their workers well and they also don't live up to the expectation of Niger Deltans, infact they should pack up and leave they are too stingy,

jossy,
you must hate shell so much. this bile your spewing here is incredible! grin
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by supereagle(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
It is belated. Injuries that started since 1956. They should back it up sincere restitution and reparation. Then one we say they are serious.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Fhemmmy: 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2010
It is better late than never.
However, i think there being sorry is not cos they now have feelings, i think it is now cos their business is being affected and the Business analyst probably told them to go and throw banana to the monkeys . . . . . .
But let people give them a chance and let us see what they would do
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by debosky(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
Where is the detailed and comprehensive plan to clean up the pollution they've caused?

Without that, I am not interested in their pointless apology.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
debosky:

Where is the detailed and comprehensive plan to clean up the pollution they've caused?

I am sure that will follow. . . . .However, i think we shd hold Nigerian govt of "anything goes, just give us some money" as well
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by debosky(m): 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am sure that will follow. . . . .However, i think we shd hold Nigerian govt of "anything goes, just give us some money" as well

The same government that indirectly kills thousands by not maintaining roads or providing healthcare and other basic amenities? I'll pass thanks.

The key issue is to get redress from Shell for operating a double standard in Nigeria.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by sulad82i(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
They've publicly apologize, what steps and actions have they taken to clean up the mess they made.
In what way have they contributed to the development of the people on Niger Delta?
What does the future hold for the people?
Talk is cheap, lets see the actions that really say SORRY. angry
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by sulad82i(m): 2:19pm On Mar 29, 2010
debosky:

I await that tooo.
debosky:

The same government that indirectly kills thousands by not maintaining roads or providing healthcare and other basic amenities? I'll pass thanks.

The key issue is to get redress from Shell for operating a double standard in Nigeria.

Yes our government are to be blame for all these, but who are the govt?
and healthcare you said, I don't think Nigeria will ever a healthcare thing ever.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
Dose oyinbos r just apologising because dey r kidnapin their ppu n dia profit is at stake.dia apology is not genuine cos dey canot take wot dey r givin us.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
Dose oyinbos r just apologising because dey r kidnapin their ppu n dia profit is at stake.dia apology is not genuine cos dey canot take wot dey r givin us.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
Shell did not apologise, I have put up proof that this thing is a hoax. Why are Nigerians so easy to decieve?
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by 9jafreak: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Don't be fooled.

It's all profit-oriented. Hopefully, it goes beyond the words. Fingers crossed.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by bisiaet: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
Apology for what at the very last hour after the damages has be done? What kind of apology is that? They did not apologise when militant are sending out several warning and protest now the issue has given birth to arm struggle and they are now talking of apology what a nonsense talk. I thought the Shell were threateningning to pull out of Nigeria and go to Iraq or Iran why cant they go there? And try the nonsense they are doing in Nigeria may be they will not blame themselves. Pls Mr Shell or whatever your company name is your apology is nothing but a trash ok.
The West are always find of such nasty apology after they must have deliberately inflict pains and suffering on people of under Develop countries in any part of the world especially Africa all they will do is to say oh we are sorry they better sorry for themselvesself.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by shilling(f): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2010
If they did apologize, what can I say - talk is cheap.

Beaf:

Shell did not apologise, I have put up proof that this thing is a hoax. Why are Nigerians so easy to decieve?
Come on, share it!!! I'm curious here. I'm quite confused because the video looks genuine, but there's no evidence of this anywhere on the Shell website . . . weird.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
shilling:

If they did apologize, what can I say - talk is cheap.
Come on, share it!!! I'm curious here. I'm quite confused because the video looks genuine, but there's no evidence of this anywhere on the Shell website . . . weird.

The video is the very first giveaway;
1. The man in the video is very scruffy
2. His suit is like something from bend down boutique

Second, a google news search yields ZERO results for the so called apologiser, Bradford Houppe;
http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=Bradford%20Houppe&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSEA_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

Thirdly, the registration details for for Shells real website reveal;
Domain Name: SHELL-CO.COM
Registrar: ASCIO TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.ascio.com

Whereas the so called shell apologises thingy is hosted on www.joker.com, a cheap, roadside host (see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421199.0.html#msg5786350)
Shell does not do cheap. In fact it is impossible.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Mariory(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yup definetly a hoax. And not a very good one. grin
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by 9ja4eva: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yeah i think its fake too.

Shell is too proud to apologize.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Sunofgod(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
Let them go on the BBC and make a public apology,

Not BBC hausa but the real one,

shocked
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by OnyeBabe1(f): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
This is so funny. I don't know why you guys think Shell should apologise for anything. We tend to forget that Shell is a business entity, a business in incapable of responsibility, it relies on its people. Shell employs lots of people mainly Nigerians who work for them in various locations. Why is it impossible for us to see that it is our fellow Nigerians that are hurting us? We all know about the absurd practices of the company, yet most of us would accept a job at Shell if the opportunity ever presented itself. It is all about morals, ethics and belief systems if we don't respect ourselves, why should anyone respect us? There lots of companies that have the same bad practices as Shell, for example British Tobacco, they are in our country selling us cigarettes, can anyone argue that slowly killing people that cannot afford basic healthcare isn't equally as bad? You can say it is a choice but go and say it to the young boys who live on the streets and smoke to pass time and numb the pain and suffering they encounter on a daily basis.

Please forget this nonsense, Nigerians working in Shell are a bunch of greedy and immoral people. If they all felt strongly about their country, they should all go on strike until action has started on the clearing and cleaning of the mess in Delta State. Lets see how that would not work.

If you ever see a past state governor throw shit on them except Tinibu. (Funny enough I see a lot of them but it is impossible to tell a friend you hate their fathers.)

LOL
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by brauneyes: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
Onye Babe:

This is so funny. I don't know why you guys think Shell should apologise for anything. We tend to forget that Shell is a business entity, a business in incapable of responsibility, it relies on its people. Shell employs lots of people mainly Nigerians who work for them in various locations. Why is it impossible for us to see that it is our fellow Nigerians that are hurting us? We all know about the absurd practices of the company, yet most of us would accept a job at Shell if the opportunity ever presented itself. It is all about morals, ethics and belief systems if we don't respect ourselves, why should anyone respect us? There lots of companies that have the same bad practices as Shell, for example British Tobacco, they are in our country selling us cigarettes, can anyone argue that slowly killing people that cannot afford basic healthcare isn't equally as bad? You can say it is a choice but go and say it to the young boys who live on the streets and smoke to pass time and numb the pain and suffering they encounter on a daily basis.

Please forget this nonsense, Nigerians working in Shell are a bunch of greedy and immoral people. If they all felt strongly about their country, they should all go on strike until action has started on the clearing and cleaning of the mess in Delta State. Lets see how that would not work.

If you ever see a past state governor throw poo on them except Tinibu. (Funny enough I see a lot of them but it is impossible to tell a friend you hate their fathers.)

LOL

@ Onye Babe
It is agreed that Shell is a business entity and therefore should make profit but the lingering question that the late Ken Saro Wiwa asked was that could they (Shell & Co) pollute the land and cause toxic spills and all that in advanced countries without being held responsible and fines assessed even after cleaning up?
The unfortunate answer is NO. Let us wake up as a people and hold our Government accountable.
Did you not hear the man say that the Govt. was also to blame for not making them do much?
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Onye Babe:

This is so funny. I don't know why you guys think Shell should apologise for anything. We tend to forget that Shell is a business entity, a business in incapable  of responsibility, it relies on its people. Shell employs lots of people mainly Nigerians who work for them in various locations. Why is it impossible for us to see that it is our fellow Nigerians that are hurting us? We all know about the absurd practices of the company, yet most of us would accept a job at Shell if the opportunity ever presented itself. It is all about morals, ethics and belief systems if we don't respect ourselves, why should anyone respect us? There lots of companies that have the same bad practices as Shell, for example British Tobacco, they are in our country selling us cigarettes, can anyone argue that slowly killing people that cannot afford basic healthcare isn't equally as bad? You can say it is a choice but go and say it to the young boys who live on the streets and smoke to pass time and numb the pain and suffering they encounter on a daily basis.

If you ever see a past state governor throw poo on them except Tinibu. (Funny enough I see a lot of them but it is impossible to tell a friend you hate their fathers.)

LOL

This is another terrible example of how Nigerians sell ourselves into slavery for peanuts, trying to sound politically correct when the rest of the World aknowledges that Shell is a grave human rights abuser in the ND. embarassed

You only think an apology from Shell is funny out of very deep ignorance. Every tom, manliness and harry thinks they can talk about the ND crisis without first of all learning the basics.
You are spitting on the graves of thousands of innocent souls, sent to their graves by the actions of Shell; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell#Human_rights_concerns
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Sunofgod(m): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
Every tom, manliness and harry thinks they can talk about the ND crisis without first of all learning the basics.

HaHaha,

Dear Nairaland Screeners, Your censorship is getting a bit silly and comical.

Whats wrong with the word - Prick?

Or 'Johnson'

Or 'Mandingo'

Or 'Sausage'

Or 'Banana'

Or 'Cucumber'

Or 'Willy'

Or 'I could go on - The point is let people express themselves.

This is not a chinese or north korean forum.

Thanks,
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
^
The censorship is a bit of a joke, isn't it? grin
I actually got a 12 hour ban the other day for circumvent the censorship filter! Wow! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Kilode1: 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
The censorship is beyond silly, it is insulting, sad not funny anymore.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
^
It might acyually kill NL if it goes too far.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by arogbowei: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2010
Apology coming too little too late. They should go. We do not need them again. Will the apology repair the environment they despoiled, can it bring back Ken Saro Wiwa and the countless thousands murdered by Shell's guns? can the apology undo the harm/damaged caused man and the environment?
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Mhismole(f): 12:37am On Mar 30, 2010
I realised something. People tend to see a topic, click reply and post without reading from the roots. See people still thinking "Apology coming too late". what part of SHELL DID NOT APOLOGIZE, THE WHOLE THING IS A HOAX dont you understand shish!
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Beaf: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2010
Mhismole:

I realised something. People tend to see a topic, click reply and post without reading from the roots. See people still thinking "Apology coming too late". what part of SHELL DID NOT APOLOGIZE, THE WHOLE THING IS A HOAX dont you understand shish!

Exactly! I have noticed this thing about the average Nigerian, it is so painful to see people behave this way. It isn't just on NL, it is in every facet of life. embarassed
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by Mhismole(f): 12:55am On Mar 30, 2010
Beaf:

Exactly! I have noticed this thing about the average Nigerian, it is so painful to see people behave this way. It isn't just on NL, it is in every facet of life. embarassed

Sad isnt it? lol just watch and see, before this page gets done (if it does) someone else will make the same mistake.
Re: (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta by DisGuy: 12:56am On Mar 30, 2010
[size=18pt]Identity Correction

Impersonating big-time criminals in order to publicly humiliate them. Our targets are leaders and big corporations who put profits ahead of everything else.[/size]

-the yes men

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Comment: Benjamin Adekunle Daughter Gets Death Threats / NNPC Raises Import As Kaduna, P'harcourt Refineries Remain Shut / CCTV Videos Of Soldiers At Nnamdi Kanu's Residence Packing His Belongings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.