Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME (19562 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy / Hundreds of Nigerians Sentenced On False Marriages! Must Read: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by mafioso2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
justwise:

Nigeria has taught the rest of the world how not to be greedy, don't claim lottery money u did not play, don't give strangers your bank details in order to get 10% of the stolen money. Nigeria has also proved to the rest of the world that for every ten 419ner there is also ten greedy/thieve European/American. .etc You see what Nigeria has single handly contributed?

And you are proud of that undecided
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by calyx: 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
, because some idiot about to embark on a crime adventure will change his name to Igbo. fools
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by violent(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
But seriously, what will an average Ibo man not do for money?? cool
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by mafioso2(m): 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2010
calyx:

, because some idiot about to embark on a crime adventure will change his name to Igbo. fools

Why must it be an Ibo Name?? grin
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2010
mafioso2:

And you are proud of that undecided

Read UKtrader posts, all my replies to his post is directed to his dumb questions.

That said, i don't feel sorry for ANY greedy fool who got scammed by lottry emails, email to claim some percentage of money from a stranger. . etc. The so called victims should recieve the same jail sentence with the 419ners.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2010
violent:

But seriously, what will an average Ibo man not do for money?? cool

Are u for real?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
justwise:

Read UKtrader posts, all my replies to his post is directed to his dumb questions.

That said, i don't feel sorry for ANY greedy fool who got scammed by lottry emails, email to claim some percentage of money from a stranger. . etc. The so called victims should recieve the same jail sentence with the 419ners.

GBAM, GBOSA, GBAM, GBOSA!

Thank you. Higher level thinking.

If I was Nigerian president, there is no gaddam way in HELL, I would jail any Nigerian for such crime except the victim comes to Nigeria to give evidence and then he/she would be charged as well. OR except, the victim did not particaipate and alerted authorities, so he/she as not been an accomplice.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2010
Sagamite:

GBAM, GBOSA, GBAM, GBOSA!

Thank you. Higher level thinking.

If I was Nigerian president, there is no gaddam way in HELL, I would jail any Nigerian for such crime except the victim comes to Nigeria to give evidence and then he/she would be charged as well. OR except, the victim did not particaipate and alerted authorities, so he/she as not been an accomplice.

Come to think of it, this so called victims were ready to accept stolen money, handle stolen goods, collabrate with the yahoo yaoo/419ners to dupe Nigeria Govt and all we hear is 419ner is jailed, NO, both the 419ners and the so called victim should be sent to prison and the money returned to Nigeria govt.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Devonian(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2010
It's like most respondents on this thread got the OP wrong. I’ll cite three examples.

@UcheUwadi: The OP hasn’t denied the fact that “a higher number of Igbos [are working as] doctors, accountants, pharmacist, and investment bankers etc.”

@ justwise: The OP isn’t denying the fact that “this is a Nigerian problem.”

@ Fhemmmy: I don't really think the OP is “trying to make it an all exclusive igbo trade.”

To synthesise your points, the three of you are insinuating that the OP thinks all the Igbos do is deal in drugs, and that drug dealing is exclusively an Igbo problem. I don't really think that’s what s/he is saying. She rhetorically asked, “why is this [i.e. drug dealing] very very predominant amongst the Igbos lads and lasses. “ She even goes on to say that “[t]raditionally, I respect the Igbos for their industriousness and creativity” which seemingly suggests her awareness of the fact that Igbos are found in all walks of life: medicine, pharmacy, academics, engineering, legitimate businesses, etc. However, given the preponderance of Igbo names in the list of people caught peddling drugs, she finally asked, “but what's happening these days?” Guy’s let’s be analytical, rather than allow ethnocentricty becloud our comprehension and judgement of the issue at stake.

Having said this, I concur with the OP that the majority of Nigerians peddling drugs are of the Igbo stock. To cite another example, read the story of Fidelis Ozouli, a 30-year-old, Nigerian student in the UK. He swallowed 67 packages of cocaine with a street value of £250,000 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231144/Drug-smuggler-swallows-67-packages-cocaine-bid-past-customs.html ). Why would the Igbos do anything, particularly drugs, for money. Is it because what matters most is how much wealth you can show/display during Xmas/new year festivities, irrespective of the source?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Devonian

Did you read her headline that said: It’s Always The Igbos! Why?

She use the word Always, not majority,which implies that all drug crimes are committed by Igbos
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by EreluY(f): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Bleep HUH
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by UcheUwadi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
Like I have said on countless ocassions, generalized statements are dangerous. You cannot paint a whole group of people black, for the actions of a few. Some people said Igbos are nothing but traders, now they are saying drug dealers, now what is next?

The Igbo people are a society with people in many types of occupations.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Like I have said on countless ocassions, generalized statements are dangerous. You cannot paint a whole group of people black, for the actions of a few. Some people said Igbos are nothing but traders, now they are saying drug dealers, now what is next?

The Igbo people are a society with people in many types of occupations.

Generalisations are the bedrock of a slowpoke with a peanut brain, like the OP.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
Erelu_Y:

Bleep HUH

Obviously u can't defend ur choice of words. I thought you should know better judging by your level of education.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by jumobi1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
The higher the risk, the higher the reward. These drug dealers must be worth millions if they are willing to die for their acts. I would never deal drugs in China if my life didn't depend on it. How do you do something when you know if you get caught, your life is over?? I don't know if it boldness or daftness.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by jaybee3(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
^^^
so u going to deal drugs in d USA because you only get to spend time inside?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Sagamite(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
jumobi1:

The higher the risk, the higher the reward. These drug dealers must be worth millions if they are willing to die for their acts. I would never deal drugs in China if my life didn't depend on it. How do you do something when you know if you get caught, your life is over?? I don't know if it boldness or daftness.

Daftness, mate.

jay bee:

^^^

Hell, no. Those mf americans would send you to 400 years in jail and allow your arse to be r/aped.

I will instead target the UK, where I know I will get a slap on the wrist and some liberal, goodie-two-shoes, pinky slowpoke would say "it is society that failed me".
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by jumobi1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
jay bee:

^^^

Not what I meant but sometimes people are faced with situations where they have no choice, i'm not the type tp judge people but people face circumstances that make them do things they otherwise wouldn't do.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
This post should be in the racism and tribalism section.

Pure and plain prejudice against the Igbos.

This is what we have had to endure since 1966. undecided
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by uktrader: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
frosbel:

Just keep your Igbos tribe in Nigeria then host countries will be happy. i.e less crime from the undesirables
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by jumobi1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
uktrader:

Just keep your Igbos tribe in Nigeria then host countries will be happy. i.e less crime from the undesirables

If you mean what you said then you are ignorant. If most Nigerians feel the way you do, then we are in serious wahala.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Justcash(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
All these Yorubas and Hausa fools has started coming up with Igbo bashing threads.

Kosovo and Seun are enjoying it!

When Mekus and co appears now, the cowards will run to Seun for help to ban threads, give warning and grace periods.

Now that there is peace, they will all run out naked into the village square, throwing punches in the air.

Stupid Nincompoops!!!
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Devonian(m): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2010
Justcash:

All these Yorubas and Hausa fools has started coming up with Igbo bashing threads.

When Mekus and co appears now, the cowards will run to Seun for help to ban threads, give warning and  grace periods.

Now that there is peace, [b]they will all run out unclothed into the village square, throwing punches in the air.

silly Nincompoops!!![/b]

That reminded me of the scenes I repeatedly witnessed in Ovoko (an Igbo village not far away from Nsukka), some 18 years ago. You're describing an Igbo stuffs, here.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by bilymuse: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
Everybody should cool down and not get too excited
Its national character, every tribe understand their ethnic vice:

[size=14pt]Yoruba - 419
Igbo - Drug
Benin - Prostitution
Hausa - terrorism[/size]

Remaining tribes , take your pick among the lot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by uktrader: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
We don't care a Bleep what you do inside Nigeria. Just don't export to other countries.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Katsumoto: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
Justcash:

When Mekus and co appears now, the cowards will run to Seun for help to ban threads, give warning and grace periods.

Now that there is peace, they will all run out unclothed into the village square, throwing punches in the air.

silly Nincompoops!!!

Is objectivty your foe?
Are you able to tell the tribes of the posters on this thread?
Are you not able to tell that some have already castigated the OP for the manner in which she started the thread?
Are you not a man? Can you not start a fight by yourself? Why do you need Mekus?
How many Hausa people are on these boards? Can you tell whether there are any Hausa people on these threads?
Do you pay for your Internet access?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by hatch: 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
frosbel:

I laugh in your native Igbo dialet  tongue What does 1966 have to do with this thread ? 

We accept that this is pure and plain prejudice against your Biafra Igbo people.  grin I guess you will blame your Igbo people's drug problem on the North now  cool
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by bkbabe97: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
bilymuse:

Everybody should cool down and not get too excited
Its national character, every tribe understand their ethnic vice:

[size=14pt]Yoruba IBO- 419, Drugs, Violence, Coup Plots, Crying wolf, Not paying rent on time, Human Rituals. . . .
Igbo - Drug
Benin - Prostitution
Hausa - terrorism[/size]

Remaining tribes , take your pick among the lot

Just had to correct the above
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by hatch: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
bk/babe97:

bk/babe97 you vex oh ! grin
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
bk/babe97:

How many Ibos slept with u and refused to pay you?
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by sjeezy8: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
Chinco people no play around even with their own people- like the owner of th factory that produced bad Milk he was Sentenced To Death also.
Re: Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME by Eziachi: 12:01am On Mar 30, 2010
bk/babe97:

Well, I think all we gotta do is pray for our  drug dealing Ibo brethrens. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Its like its in they blood to do anything for money. I still aint never came across a more dubious group of people. All they need is our love, maybe with that they'll see the horrors of their ways and stop all they evil criminal acts!!!

Ask General Buhari/Gov Idiagbon who was the first and the last Nigerians executed at Bar Beach in Lagos by firing squared for Drug trafficking?
They are:
Bernard Ogedengbe
Lawal Ojuolape
Bartholomew Owo
The above are your brothers and this if far back 1984. You see not everyone has short memory or pick and choose memory like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How African Parents Act On Halloween Night / Gay Sex Legalised In India By Supreme Court / US Senator Graham Claims Israel Has Right To Strike Gaza With Nuclear Weapon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.