Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy (35405 Views)

ISIS Fighter Executes Own Mother In Syria For 'apostasy,' Rights Groups Say / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Cooldude001: 3:50am On Dec 26, 2013
Raif Badawi, a blogger in Saudi Arabia who has been imprisoned for violating the nation's anti-cybercrime law, was given the

death penalty for apostasy by a higher court Wednesday, his wife told CNN.

Badawi founded the Free Saudi Liberals website and was originally given a seven-year sentence in July.

A Jeddah criminal court found Badawi, who has been in prison since June 2012, guilty of insulting Islam through his website and in television

comments. His lawyer appealed the sentence, which also included 600 lashes.

A higher court found him guilty of apostasy, his wife said.

From April: Family pleads for blogger

"It is an emotion I cannot describe. I never imagined this would happen," she said. "I thought maybe they would reduce the sentence but this is

unimaginable. The whole thing is about a website."

Badawi's legal troubles started shortly after he started the Free Saudi Liberals website in 2008. He was detained for one day and questioned

about the site. Some clerics even branded him an unbeliever and apostate.

Human rights groups accuse Saudi authorities of targeting activists through the courts and travel bans. Amnesty International has said Badawi's

"is clear case of intimidation against him and others who seek to engage in open debates about the issues that Saudi Arabians face in their daily

lives."

CNN could not reach the Saudi Arabian government officials for comment.

Badawi's wife, Ensaf Haidar, and the couple's three children now live in Lebanon.

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by IboKiller: 4:07am On Dec 26, 2013
Saudi is a cursed nation.

67 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 26, 2013
Ibo-Killer:
Make that Islam

68 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by emmanuelson20: 5:27am On Dec 26, 2013
Omg!!! No right to free speech because of Religion!!! To think you can't practice any religion except Islam without being sentenced to death is so unthinkable!!! Yet People scream Its a religion of peace!!!

47 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Theben(m): 5:49am On Dec 26, 2013
Backward country. Never knew this kinda law still exist. I only read it in the Bible. Old testament o and that was the time of Nebudcadnezar.

Religion of peace indeed.

21 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:06am On Dec 26, 2013
Allahu Akbar,masha Allah.

30 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by captcochrane(m): 6:25am On Dec 26, 2013
not too gud

but i heard dt in saudi, attacking d government is treason, d guy probably knows dt b4 he started his cyber stuff, he shd av done it outside d country

where there's no law, no sin; d guy knew d law

nd is saudi arabia same as Islam??

53 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Firefire(m): 6:26am On Dec 26, 2013
I reserved my comments

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by vedaxcool(m): 6:28am On Dec 26, 2013
jerseyboy:
Make that Islam

Dude islam is not a country, even reprobates know it is a religion.

12 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by angelTI(f): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2013
Too bad; just too bad!

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2013
Just because of website someone is gonna die

3 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by IAMBREEZY: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2013
Too bad.
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by mysticgal(f): 7:20am On Dec 26, 2013
If the lawyers had known,they would never had appealed

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 7:31am On Dec 26, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.

I pity you. sad

27 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2013
Theben: Backward country. Never knew this kinda law still exist. I only read it in the Bible. Old testament o and that was the time of Nebudcadnezar.

Olodo! cheesycheesycheesy

7 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Segadem(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2013
Please can anybody explain it to me in a lay man language. Was it because he developed free website or there is another crime he commited which is not mention in this article?

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 26, 2013
When they finally kill this one, thousands will rise after him. The beginning of the end of a deluded nation.

15 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Temismith(f): 8:29am On Dec 26, 2013
Let MƐ kip quiet first aπϑ be looking.:X

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2013
if that is applied in Nigeria,or Nairaland,omo,people wey dem go give death sentence go yapa be dat..i love my country,despite all the shortcomings.

6 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by simpleseyi: 9:09am On Dec 26, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

Nigerian Christians and Muslims are queuing at their embassy in Lagos and Abuja.

17 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by duni04(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2013
emmanuelson20: Omg!!! No right to free speech because of Religion!!!
Its the other way round, they're using religion to suppress freedom of speech

4 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2013
Gamji007:

I think you are the stark Olodo here. Perhaps, you should try and read before you comment.

N.B: Extremism is not good for you, quit being one.

6 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by zeelo2014: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2013
But the same Muslims will cry blue murder whenever there's a little discrimination against them in non-Islamic nations.

10 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2013
emmy-richie:

I think you are the stark Olodo here. Perhaps, you should try and read before you comment.

N.B: Extremism is not good for you, quit being one.

A Nigerian calling Saudi Arabia a Backward country?

14 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by lauyanAbuja: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2013
Don't do the crime, if u don't wanna do the time. This are people that Western imperialist influence to insult islam.

10 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

Nigerian Christians and Muslims are queuing at their embassy in Lagos and Abuja.
ODE YOUR MOON god NO DEY ALLOW YOU REASON WELLA AGAIN ABI

19 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by ChiSun27(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
And this is head of Religion of Peace...I laff in ofe nmanu tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by MeAboki(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Theben: Backward country. Never knew this kinda law still exist. I only read it in the Bible. Old testament o and that was the time of Nebudcadnezar.

Hypocrite, so you admit its in your bible, yet you are rejecting it - does Christianity allow you to choose and pick from your scripture?
If yes, then what you have is not Christianity but a fake religion that is man-made, revised and continually being revised by humans - I guess that's how you guys arrived at the various versions of your so called bible - king James version and what-not.

42 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Horus(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thousands of Africans who have lived all their lives in Saudi Arabia are being repatriated daily right now, after loosing an arm or leg for some minor or trumped up offense and without regard for their comfort, welfare or rights. Racism towards Africans Moslems in Saudi Arabia is so strong it makes one wonder if making pilgrimage to Mecca should be one of the five pillars of the Muslim faith, and why Africans bother to be Muslim.
Arabs do not consider Black Moslems authentic or of consequence. At best, they concede to blacks, the role of ordained slaves or animals, to be used as beasts of burden by the “superior Arab race.” The rule applies to all blacks, whether Moslems or non-Moslems and whether of Nigerian (Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba extractions),Tanzanians, Ugandans, Malians or African-Americans.

24 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Shekson(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
emmanuelson20: Omg!!! No right to free speech because of Religion!!!
Guy in dis world, there is freedom OF speech. Freedom AFTER speech is just not guaranteed. Not even Amnesty International can guarantee you dat.
So please watch what you say wif yur mouth anywhere you are. It's an advice to all and sundry.

9 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Guykhena(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ibo-Killer:
. No every islam nation is cursed,,they kill for fun(no offence 2 muslims)

10 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by forumcitizens: 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
This Religion is always making news for all the bad stuffs. cry

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Abramovich Exports His Two £1.3bn Yatchs To Avoid Them Getting Seized / Hamas, Israeli Troops Clash In Gaza Ahead Of War’s ‘next Stage’ / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.