Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (69003 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

You are a christain you don't need to use subtle insults.

I am telling you what he said , disprove what I said since you were also there, except that was the only sentence you remembered in the whole of that powerful sermon about primitive faith.

I didn't quote you originally, you decided to quote me and say what I said is wrong, few other posters on this thread have told you the same thing.

I will never be a laughing stock, understand that.
Wonderful thing is you both attended the church. Let's bury our difference. Let felifeli say No ToPile. grin God bless us.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Noblewhiz(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
You go to North, East, West and South.. everywhere is tithing... It's just so exaggerating
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

I don't understand, like, all the pastors in Nigeria owns private jets?

There are millions of pastors in the country, as well as churches.

I don't think there are up to 30 who owns private jets.

So?

The up to 30 that own the jets in your estimation. Do we have any poor person in their midst ? If Yes, then the Pastor is preaching against the Bible and Jesus Christ, cos Christ commanded that we must first take care of all the poor in our midst before we do other excesses.

These Pastors are just business men who failed at Yahoo Yahoo, Wire Wire, Google Google, Facebook Facebook, and ritual magic money but find alternate in mass mind control and manipulation.

Our Pastors are thieves except the few who are spiritually evolved. And those ones end up in kpako churches and village prayer houses. These brands with jets are Yahoo Yahoo Pastors. I have nothing against Yahoo boys, at least they are not hypocrites but the motherfuckers on pulpits are worst than Politicians. They steal your money and confuse your soul.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by DangotePikin: 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:
I am sorry if anyone feels aggrieved by this post, including the man of God Dr. DK Olukoya whom I have absolute respect for.
I only said this was "part of the message " and not that this was the entire message. Of course I do not have a link to the video because it is still a fresh event barely three hours after I posted it. And yes, I posted what I heard not in the preacher's exact words but paraphrased. Yes, he did not only say so??he said it "with emphasis" If anyone else heard the sermon and heard differently none of us is wrong until the video is posted online and the public form their own opinion. Unfortunately MFM is not a video-posting ministry and it is my thought that this controversial video will be buried and not made public. The church should do what they deem right. The purpose of my post is purely for information and not to cause anyone grief.
I apologize if I have done the latter. God bless you all.
For your information I give my tithe and I advise you to do the same.
your post will only encourage people not to pay thier tithes. Atheist will see it as a reason to make fun of tithepayers

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by ehissi(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

Because you are a Christian does not mean tat you should permit nonsense people walk all over you and to intimidate you. I learnt well from MFM. Regarding the sermon, two people sitting side by side can never report anything in the same words. So where is the sense in this your useless harassment?

Guy! This your mouth so......... undecided

Lemme not comment here...... lipsrsealed
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

Because you are a Christian does not mean tat you should permit nonsense people walk all over you and to intimidate you. I learnt well from MFM. Regarding the sermon, two people sitting side by side can never report anything in the same words. So where is the sense in this your useless harassment?

Lool @ intimidate . Its a simple conversation, you dont need to use subtle insults. Nobody is walking over anybody . I know being polite is part of Christianity too anyway, you threw around some words that were not nice at all.

I did post what he said and you never refuted them.

Yes I agree two people may not understand a sentence the same way or report the same way and that's why I had to post because that statement came out of another thing entirely , you shouldn't have picked it out, but I have read your apology on another page of this thread and I guess its okay but people who don't read that part will say oo well we should not pay tithes.

If anybody should feel harrased it should be me because I didn't even mention you initially, I posted what I heard.

No hard feeling from my side smiley
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by bolamp(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
kpolli:

If Jesus came to free us from tithing why did He say He tithes on all His possession in Luke 18:12? My advise is that you do your research yourself and stop relying on people to teach you the word of God..... Tithing has never been compulsory, God has given us humans the choice to make our decisions so make yours wisely.

It's obvious you are one of those that lead people astray. Are you even sure you read the verse you quoted properly??
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
subcbouy:
Wonderful thing is you both attended the church. Let's bury our difference. Let felifeli say No ToPile. grin God bless us.

grin

Amen.
No differences to bury in reality.
Was just shocked at his use of words that's all.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Ayor93(m): 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=An2elect2 post=62941720] Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldn't tithe we have been freed from the law.

[/quote

Tithing isn't a law

it's a principle

Try again
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Interesting15: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

The up to 30 that own the jets in your estimation. Do we have any poor person in their midst ? If Yes, then the Pastor is preaching against the Bible and Jesus Christ, cos Christ commanded that we must first take care of all the poor in our midst before we do other excesses.

These Pastors are just business men who failed at Yahoo Yahoo, Wire Wire, Google Google, Facebook Facebook, and ritual magic money but find alternate in mass mind control and manipulation.

Our Pastors are thieves except the few who are spiritually evolved. And those ones end up in kpako churches and village prayer houses. These brands with jets are Yahoo Yahoo Pastors. I have nothing against Yahoo boys, at least they are not hypocrites but the motherfuckers on pulpits are worst than Politicians. They steal your money and confuse your soul.

You said: Christ commanded that we must first take care of all the poor in our midst before we do other excesses.

The Bible verse?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by lexy2014: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Giving and tithing has never been compulsory in Christianity.

But what people are giving should never be debated by people who don't give.

Churches don't live on Tithes alone, infact Tithers are always fewer in numbers compared to other offerings.
Church can survive without Tithes.[b][/b]
which "church"? D body of Christ or ur denomination?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

You said: Christ commanded that we must first take care of all the poor in our midst before we do other excesses.

The Bible verse?

Ask your Jesus about your Bible verse, because he is the one that said we must take care of the poor in our midst. So locate Jesus and question him.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

grin

Amen.

My use of words? You prefer me to pray MFM prayer for you ? grin grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

grin

Amen.
I was there, too. What I hate is to carry what will discuss in-house to public domain. Jesus should be our center focus. A lot of people are waiting for who says what on this matter. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
subcbouy:
I was there, too. What I hate is to carry what will discuss in-house to public domain. Jesus should be our center focus. A lot of people are waiting for who says what on this matter Thanks

Exactly, someone they will hold responsible.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

My use of words? You prefer me to pray MFM prayer for you ? grin grin
haha abeg ooo. North Korea dey learn work on this missile. grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Interesting15: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

Ask your Jesus about your Bible verse, because he is the one that said we must take care of the poor in our midst. So locate Jesus and question him.
So, you don't love Jesus afterall. You only pretend to be a Christian (just like freeze) to bring discord into the body of Christ.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

So, you don't love Jesus afterall. You only pretend to be a Christian (just like freeze) to bring discord into the body of Christ.

Is this not why I call you people zombie ? What was Jesus' business with Christianity ? You modern day Christians are too lazy to even think clearly. Jesus was not a Christian. Jesus was a Jew from the Tribe of Judah.

Jesus never heard of the word Christianity, in fact it was after his death that Peter coined the word which has now been called Christianity in English.

If you want to follow Jesus, then follow his teachings, but if you want to follow your Criminal Pastors, then you are less than a thinking and breathing human, but a zombie.

Jesus' name was Yahushua Ha Mashach and what ever you call him these days are just for your mind control experiment.

Jesus I know, but who the Bleep are you ? Christians do not even know Jesus very well. Sheepies

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
BruncleZuma:

E be like say nah you be Magu ooo grin grin grin grin
nothing like that grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by BruncleZuma: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Talkwell:

nothing like that grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Interesting15: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

Is this not why I call you people zombie ? What was Jesus' business with Christianity ? You modern day Christians are too lazy to even think clearly. Jesus was not a Christian. Jesus was a Jew from the Tribe of Judah.

Jesus never heard of the word Christianity, in fact it was after his death that Peter coined the word which has now been called Christianity in English.

If you want to follow Jesus, then follow his teachings, but if you want to follow your Criminal Pastors, then you are less than a thinking and breathing human, but a zombie.

Jesus' name was Yahushua Ha Mashach and what ever you call him these days are just for your mind control experiment.

Jesus I know, but who the Bleep are you ? Christians do not even know Jesus very well. Sheepies
Peter conned the word Christianity?

O my God, I can't believe I wasted my time with you.

Please don't mention me again. God bless you.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Smartademu(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
cool

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

Peter conned the word Christianity?

O my God, I can't believe I wasted my time with you.

Please don't mention me again. God bless you.

Yes, Peter coined the word Christianity at Pentioch.

Read your Bible, dear zombie.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mickeymimi: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
The real name of Jesus is Jesus' Real Name: Yahushua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9XiXw-Vnw
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by OBIGS(m): 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldn't tithe we have been freed from the law.

where is the law. Pls refer me to where they specifically layed out the commandment on tithe in the bible
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Nothing is compulsory in this life.

Even impregnating one's wife is not compulsory.

God has given us a free will or the power of choice. Yet, he admonishes us to choose rightly.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says; "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Tithing is not compulsory but it works wonders for everyone who genuinely and faithfully engages in it.

The irony of this tithing drama is that, those who are paying tithes from millions and in millions will continue to give to God heartily and Joyfully, but the ones paying tithes of 10naira, 100naira and 1000 naira are the ones screaming tithing is a scam.

No pastor has ever placed a gun on anybody's head to demand tithe.

Happy Sunday folks!

By my empirical experience, tithe has never blessed anybody, I have been consistent for a while in my paying tithe, yet nothing to show for it. I think blessings is something personal to God.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

Yes, Peter coined the word Christianity at Pentioch.

Read your Bible, dear zombie.

he didn't oga! it was the Roman soldiers that coined the word Christian as a way to mock the believers of the "way" who served a saviour that was executed like a Roman criminal! the name stuck and became something bigger than it was intended to be.

3 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mickeymimi: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

You are correct sir
Yahushua which means salvation
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by profmallor: 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thank you sir,

felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Jehovah knows that some Pastors are thieves, and will deal with them the way he dealt with Eli and his children.

I have always Tithing and I am not stopping.
You must be millionaire by now for tithing.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mastermaestro(m): 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
crafteck:

I don't go, i stopped cos i saw the nonsense going on years ago, unlike most people, i question what im taught and ive found all nigerian churches of late wanting.

Says a lost self-righteous sheep. grin grin Keep looking and waiting for a perfect church assembly here on earth. grin grin You will only end up in hell with nobody to blame. grin grin How foolish it would be for you to miss Heaven because you found all church assemblies wanting! Every man, both small and great, will give account to GOD for their own lives, not another man's. grin grin Repent of your self-righteousness and return to church assembly. There is no single perfect church assembly on earth! None! Stay in church and look up to JESUS the Author and Finisher of your faith! Pastor is not JESUS, so expect him to disappoint you once in a while.

Go and sin no more! grin grin JESUS reigns forever!
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by profmallor: 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
On the contrary, i think I am glad he did, I was also in the service and I think the OP was quite matured in summarizing what Dr Olaukoya said. The truth is that those who don't pay tithe won't pay even if Jesus came to instruct it, and those who reap the benefits won't stop even if the world speaks against it. But I am happy Daddy GO addressed it.

Dannyko:
I was in church too.Tithing is not compulsory but necessary only if you want God to open the windows of heaven and give you an outpour of blessings. Nobody forces anyone to pay tithe in MFM.I pay my tithes and I see the goodness of God all the time.I don't lack at all; and I appreciate God for that.Likewise in terms of offering;whether you pay it not,you get the reward i.e. if you sow sparingly ,you reap sparingly and if you sow bountifully, you reap bountifully.

@felifeli, if you are a member of MFM,I don't expect you to post this on Nairaland ,you know what I mean.Most people will misconstrue what the man of God has said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles / Remember "Shade" From The Mount Zion Film Just A Little Sin? Then And Now

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.