Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,395 members, 7,812,160 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi (19471 Views)

2019: Despite Presidential Veto, INEC Forecloses Use Of Incident Form / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) / I Am Confident Of Picking PDP's Ticket – Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by Ebullience(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Caretaker Committee, Ahmed Makarfi, has said he could still contest the party’s presidential ticket in spite of the defection of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to the party.

In an interview in the current edition of The Interview magazine, Mr. Makarfi said, “Atiku left before, he’s on his way back before the (party’s) Convention.”

It is widely believed that Mr. Abubakar’s may be gunning for the PDP’s presidential ticket.

In response to a question about his own interest, Mr. Makarfi said, “I have heard the rumour, it has been there since 2007…I have thought of it. By the time I leave as caretaker committee chairman on 9th or 10th, there’ll still be ten months to the party primaries. By any law or the party’s guidelines, I’m not excluded.”

In a statement, the MD/Editor-In-Chief of The Interview, Azu Ishiekwene, described the edition as “the most revealing disclosure yet of the inner workings of the opposition trying to come to terms with its uncertain future.”

Even though the PDP has zoned its presidential ticket for 2019 to the North, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti is playing the wild card.

Mr. Makarfi told The Interview that Mr. Fayose’s declaration of interest in the party’s presidential ticket, “is uncalled for and unhealthy.”

Apart from his comment on the build up of interest in the party’s presidential ticket, Mr. Makarfi also said the PDP was expecting a harvest of defections, after Mr. Abubakar’s move from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC

“For some strategic reasons,” he said, “don’t expect a lot of people to move to the PDP now. People are in APC for different reasons. Wait for the time when everybody will be on his own, you will see the influx of people into the PDP.”

He spoke on the bitter contest for the party’s chairmanship, probably the most dangerous threat since the Supreme Court ruling saved the party from extinction; and on his rival former Governor Ali Modu-Sheriff, whom he said had sponsors in the APC.

Mr. Makarfi, who came close to being the PDP’s presidential nominee in 2006, revealed, for the first time, how former President Olusegun Obasanjo schemed him out, even though an internal party assessment had returned him as the most favourable candidate.

Also in this edition, former resident electoral commissioner for Ondo and Lagos states, Akin Orebiyi, shared insights on his experience, while ex-Nigerian national team captain, Segun Odegbami, revisited the COJA scandal, describing it as “the looting of our commonwealth.”

Ikeogu Oke, the NLNG Literature Prize winner explains, in great detail, why it took him 27 years to write his winning entry.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/251298-2019-despite-atiku-i-still-seek-pdp-presidential-ticket-makarfi.html/amp

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by Thewrath(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
I see

1 Like

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
ok! Not when you have already planted your men from Ward to National!

It will be fight to finsih! grin grin

Atikuchukwu Abubakar Vs Makarfi Vs Lamido!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
But Igbos have already nominated Mazi Nnamdi Atichukwu na. cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by SportBlogger(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
My silence for u sir

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by uboma(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
Atiku Abubakar is a better candidate to run for the presidential ticket under the PDP than Markafi.

Emphasis at the moment should be to field credible candidates who will boot out APC come 2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by seunmsg(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
In as much as Makarfi has the right to legitimately aspire for the presidency, I really wish PDP will present Atiku/Peter Obi in 2019. There is really a need to clear the doubts of Atiku and his ipob sympathisers in 2019. Makarfi's defeat will be too casual and uneventful while the defeat of Atiku will put an end to Atiku's perennial contest and also bury whatever is left of PDP.

Dear PDP members, na beg we dey beg una, please put Atiku on your ticket in 2019. Let's just clear this doubt once and for all.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
BMC group should do better by working out a way to win the next elections and not calling out ipob at the slightest opportunity.
buhari presently have a very bad record in nigeria ,he has no business in a democratic setting, if he is the best you can offer then sorry because the dumb dullard will be voted out 2019. Nigerians want him out by all means necessary.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
[s]
chukwuemekafran:
BMC group should do better by working out a way to win the next elections and not calling out ipob at the slightest opportunity.
buhari presently have a very bad record in nigeria ,he has no business in a democratic setting, if he is the best you can offer then sorry because the dumb dullard will be voted out 2019. Nigerians want him out by all means necessary.
[/s]
Before he was elected, worse was said by the set of miscreants that now constitute Igbos, so no difference. I know after 2019, Atichukwu will fully take over from cownu because the wailing will be doubled, no wahala. You can call me bmc, zombie, all those baseless propaganda no dey pass nairaland, kolewerk anywhere. Bye.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by bymigokeph: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
ok
Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by jumpandpas(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:

You always make unreasonable comments...why?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
jumpandpas:

You always make unreasonable comments...why?
Yes, I know, any comment not in favour of Igbos baseless propaganda is unreasonable. You can shift to the other side and be making your reasonable comments with your fellow reasonable ones without disturbing my mention.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Before he was elected, worse was said by the set of miscreants that now constitute Igbos, so no difference. I know after 2019, Atichukwu will fully take over from cownu because the wailing will be doubled, no wahala. You can call me bmc, zombie, all those baseless propaganda no dey pass nairaland, kolewerk anywhere. Bye.
he has failed on many of the reasons why he was elected which is what you people should work on and not shouting ipob. he has failed in
1)stopping boko Haram
2)corruption
3)solving unemployment
4)making $1dollar equal #1naira
5)human right abuses
7)unable to stop wastages in foreign trips
by govt officials by joining them in wasting funds on medical voyage.
8 ) Nepotism

the list goes on and on,buhari have failed virtually all his campaign promises which was the reason he confused many to vote him,definitely many of them will give another candidate a chance come 2019 .

shouting ipob up and down will not save him

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by IamPatriotic(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Maikarfi, don't say you're not warned, very soon, Igbos will tag you agent of APC, sent by Fulani to destabilize their regional party, they did worse to Sheriff after he singlehandedly saved them from bankruptcy using you, hope you remembered?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
[s]
chukwuemekafran:
he has failed on many of the reasons why he was elected which is what you people should work on and not shouting ipob. he has failed in
1)stopping boko Haram
2)corruption
3)solving unemployment
4)making $1dollar equal #1naira
5)human right abuses
7)unable to stop wastages in foreign trips
by govt officials by joining them in wasting funds on medical voyage.
coolNepotism

the list goes on and on,buhari have failed virtually all his campaign promises which was the reason he confused many to vote him,definitely many of them will give another candidate a chance come 2019 .

shouting ipob up and down will not save him
[/s]
Wetin concern you? Did you vote him? Is it your failing? Na we wey vote am go decide whether he failed us or not and that is absolutely non of your biz.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Wetin concern you? Did you vote him? Is it your failing? Na we wey vote am go decide whether he failed us or not and that is absolutely non of your biz.
am happy you know that he has failed,now go and work on your failures and stop shouting ipob upandan .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
[s]
chukwuemekafran:
am happy you know that he has failed,now go and work on your failures and stop shouting ipob upandan .
[/s]
Is it your failing? Okwonkwo, wetin concern you?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Even TA Orji would defeat Buhari with the current state of affairs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Keneking:
Even TA Orji would defeat Buhari with the current state of affairs

In Biafra?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by swagagolic01(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]

Omenka how far??

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
swagagolic01:

Omenka how far??
Lol, omenka must have really dealt with IPOB yuuts, they now see him anywhere they go. Omenka must really be a superman. grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Is it your failing? Okwonkwo, wetin concern you?
E concern me and e dey pain me because after we vote the dumb dullard he turn around and call us 5%. buhari have failed woefully , we will help to vote him out 2019, not as ipob but as Nigeria citizens .

now zombie have this injection to help cure you.

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
[s]
chukwuemekafran:
E concern me and e dey pain .e because after we vote the dumb dullard he turn around and call is 5%. buhari have fail woefully , we will help to vote him out 2019, not as upon but as Nigeria citizens .
now zombie have this injection to help cure you.
[/s]
You can keep the 5% for Atichukwu, Buhari doesn't need it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
You can keep the 5% for Atichukwu, Buhari doesn't need it.
buhari will come and beg us not that fake chieftancy title he went to beg for at ebony state,most people like you supporting buhari are doing it blindly without understanding politics, you are making matters worst for your oga.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
[s]
chukwuemekafran:
buhari will come and beg us not that fake chieftancy title he went to beg for at ebony state,most people like you supporting buhari are doing it blindly without understanding politics, you are making matters worst for your oga.
[/s]
Abeg, enough of the junks, bye.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by IamPatriotic(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Starting from their elective convention, PDP may fictionalized into seven different groups, depending on how and who emerges as their national chairman, we may hear of jonathan led faction mainly from south south, dokpesi PDP, led by tonye on nairaland, Atiku PDP, lamido PDP led by Demola on twitter, ipob PDP and Lagos/Ibadan pdp etc

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
I can't see how Atiku can win in a head to head race with Buhari, while even here in the north opinion on the street seems coalesced around the theory that Atiku is a spoiler.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Starting from their elective convention, PDP may fictionalized into seven different groups, like, dokpesi PDP, Atiku PDP, arewa PDP, ipob PDP and Lagos/Ibadan pdp etc
IPOB PDP don nominate Atichukwu already even though there won't be erection if no lefelendum. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by chukwuemekafran(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Abeg, enough of the junks, bye.
if you are a real paid agent,write down those 8 vital failures listed above and give to the dullard to work on if he wants to win elections and stop making junk out of yourself. bye

1 Like

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by swagagolic01(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:

Lol, omenka must have really dealt with IPOB yuuts, they now see him anywhere they go. Omenka must really be a superman. grin

No dey give yaself hope, every one knows it's you

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi by python1: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
swagagolic01:

No dey give yaself hope, every one knows it's you
Okay.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna APC Delegates Endorse Tinubu, APC Chapter Ask For El-Rufai As VP / Umahi: It Is A Shame That Igbo Leaders, Delegates Sold Our Votes / Christopher Hobobo Assassinated; Stabbed To Death In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.