Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (36221 Views)

5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Blackops(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2017
something like this.

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by timojerry: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2017
greypencils:
And the girl?

Good question
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2017
I don't see anything wrong here as long as you both are sincere on having a good relationship and being focus on your academics....I cohabited with my own wife in school, back in our days at uniport....infact it made me lose interest in other girls and focus on my academics. ...my grades never suffered or hers..we were their for each other cos we know what we want...she graduated in 2012 and we got married in 2014..so my dear, its sincerity and being focus...know what you want from school or a relationship...thanks

7 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2017
chilet4cici:
I don't know how to say this because of shame, please nairlanders i need help with my rent as am typing now my land lady has given me till Saturday or throw me out i have been able to get who will buy my phone for 20k all i need is just about 15k please anyone that can help me with anything no amount is little. God will bless you.
result of co-habiting- next time get a male room mate and share the bill

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by dfrost: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2017
Oye0404:
Cohabiting has become a norm in our institutions, you see bf/gf living togeda and fucking away their future out. what baffles me most is that they end up dumping themselves after sucking out each other's nutrients.
But basically, its as a result of d decay in our society and how we've lost our morals nd value

Kuku kee me. See savagery. cheesy grin

On a serious note, today's parents are not helping. Like my uncle will say “what we have today are fathers and mothers and not parents”.

Imagine a mother giving his son cigarettes to smoke after meals at home with the excuse that she doesn't want him to get spoilt outside. A mother fà?

Shameful society we find ourselves in.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2017
timojerry:

Good question
i bet he has no plans to marry her. I am very sure she thought of marrying him. Relationship is symbiotic indeed. He won. She lost.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by OMOTOWO(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2017
i

4 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by bakynes(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2017
I can't say mine was cohabiting as such, anytime we have lectures the next day I don't get to sleep in her place or she sleeping in my house. But on lecture free days, I get to sleep over or she sleeps over. We share ideas as regards academics and when it's about a month to exams we sleep in our various apartments.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by greypencils: 9:29am On Dec 05, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Hopefully all your daughters will cohabitate When they get into the university.

A big Amen from you sir...!

Karma always deals with peeps like you by giving you only girls. cheesy
nice one bro. Just perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by nuelyoyo(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2017
tessygirl:
Op is one exceptional writer on this platform.. Dear Op, i love you. Much feelings. As for the write up, I cohabited, and the result didn't go down well with both of us. Not an experience to talk about. I rest my. Case.

pls share ur experience, so others can learn from it.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Ajadiboye(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Your write-up is full of fallacy of hasty generalization & irrelevant conclusion.

Hasty generalization in the sense that- Not all that cohabited while on campus ended bad, infact my class rep(Tayo) back then cohabited with a lady (Bidemi), & they both graduated with excellent grade, Tayo is a very brilliant guy (d no2 guy in d whole dept). Everything is not all about sex, we need to get that straight. Tayo is married to Bidemi today & they already brought forth 2 sons. May the Lord continue to be with them.

They studied together & were always together from the start to finish, eventually got an award(best couple) for that @ the deptmental party. Apparently Tayo added so much value to Bidemi , Bidemi will never forget that as they both ended well academically.

Irrelevant conclusion in the sense that- You dint choose your statement while writing, conclusion on almost all ur paragraph says , cohabitation on campus is terribly bad and all that engaged in it ended badly, whereas if its reasonably managed You'll get a wonderful result... its not GOOD for any man to be alone not even any woman, its only when its abused that impacts negatively on the parties involved.

Regards

If its reasonably managed, you'll discover that it would yield

5 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Nice input. Smh
So you mean you can't take any opinion other than yours?
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2017
O. P just trying to sugar coat this thing. "You are not saying cohabiting is bad" and yet still you are condemning it and asking people not to indulge in it.
Let's call a spade, a spade. Abi, O. P, who you dey fear for NL.
Bros man up biko. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by teesmarth(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
The highest i can stay with a lady is a week max before I get tired of her not to talk of cohabiting for months

Its not just in my blood if she ain't my fiance or wife

I feel stucked. I detest cohabitation
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Oye0404(m): 10:01am On Dec 05, 2017
dfrost:

Kuku kee me. See savagery. cheesy grin

On a serious note, today's parents are not helping. Like my uncle will say “what we have today are fathers and mothers and not parents”.

Imagine a mother giving his son cigarettes to smoke after meals at home with the excuse that she doesn't want him to get spoilt outside. A mother fà?

Shameful society we find ourselves in.

Cigarette u say?? dat one weak me o.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Oye0404(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2017
bigfather:

A big rotten decay!

I wonder what they tell dia parents @ home!

Do most parents care? I feel a good parent should always check up on her child in school no matter d distance.

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by DrMuzungu(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2017
I partially cohabited with my now wife too. I was working, she was (still) studying, and see us now, a million years later smiley

As long as you are serious about school, living with someone won't hurt, at least.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by RighteousI: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

Too bad I don't have a sister. So my advice here is irrelevant.

I do have brothers though. And Would I recommend it for them? YES, if they find a intelligent one to love. But it's also pretty irrelevant because they are well past University age.
COWARD! the point here is if you have a little sister, will you want her to cohabit with a man in her freshman​ year? if you have a little sister in freshman year, I will make her cohabit with me, I will make her cook and wash my clothes, don't forget that my chest needs waxing, your little sister will also shave my chest up until I graduate after which I will go and study a PhD degree in one of the universities or should I say "Grand Ecoles" in Paris.

you think you can come here and brag about fornicating.

8 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2017
Clintonblaze:
Ben Carson, father of neurosurgery cohabited in fact the girlfriend helped find new ways for him to study and it was successful, M. and P. Curie cohabited and as a result they found and pioneered radioactivity in nuclear physics.
Others tried and failed. But like someone said earlier "what works for davido might not work for wizkid".
Guy Ben Carson never cohabited during his undergraduate days at YALE university. lf you could remember he stayed in the school hostel and when he went for clinical s he complained of having a long distance relationship and had to pay handsomely for calling her . (gifted hand )

3 Likes

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Lorbar(f): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2017
MrWondah:

Oya make we run collabo forget uyiii grin
cheesy cheesy No thank you. Uyiii sef will not agree.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by God2man(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Cohabiting or fornication?

1 Like

Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 10:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Achorise:
People are now proud of sin, we no longer condem evil rather we uphold it and praise it.
But quick to condemn pastors and tithes.
If you die cohabiting,straight passport to hell.

where is hell located
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by bigfather(m): 11:01am On Dec 05, 2017
Oye0404:

Do most parents care? I feel a good parent should always check up on her child in school no matter d distance.

Very True
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Papaaldrich: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2017
students been practising Husbandry and Wifery since 1800....i remember my days in Absu everybody get roomie wey b opposite sex believe.na so i take know the work of p2....
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by 1freshdude: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
It is quite unfortunate I attend a Private university where we had nothing of such going on. But it was fun sneaking out of school to go visit my friend in the neighbouring public school, so as to have a wonderful time with him and his “wife”.

So my friend in the public university told me of how he caught his “wife”. According to him, it was a ritual for old male students to discard their previous girlfriends whom they have gotten tired of and scout for newly admitted “fishes”.

“I met her at the registration unit, and ever since she has been serving me well,” He said to me.

“Will you marry her?” I asked. He laughed so hard that I almost got embarrassed at the question. He explained how he was going to throw her away, after a period of time.

“So you are taking advantage of her?” I asked.

I think that was when I really got to know how the relationship went. In fact, it was a symbiotic relationship. Nobody was gaining, and everybody was losing alongside. It is called a symbiotic mode of nutrition in Biology.

While the guy was paying a major part of the house rent from his limited funds, buying all the foodstuff in the house, paying utility bills and so on; the lady was performing the wifely duties in the house and in the other room.

The bad news was that she was barely 19 years of age, and was already married illegally to a complete stranger. Guess what; they were already having marriage experience, but their academics, which was the primary aim of being in school suffered.

I don’t know what became of the both of them, but something tells me that it wouldn’t actually end well for the both of them simultaneously.

Congratulations to all those who recently got admitted to study in universities and polytechnics across the country, your journey just started. Majority of us already have weird fantasies that we need to bring to pass, but I am asking you to peddle down.

I don’t know much about other vices in school, but cohabiting with an opposite gender will tear your future apart faster than you’d ever have imagined. I am not saying it is bad, but have you done a SWOT analysis of it?

Even matured people are not finding it easy living together, so how do you think you can cope as two very young adults?

No matter how much you claim you love each other to co-habit, it won’t end well for both parties. Either one of the parties loses, or both of them lose. It is disheartening to see young people leave home in search of education, only to go and start playing the husband or wife role with another gender in school.

I know a guy who loved the girlfriend so much, that he went as far as writing assignments, exams, quizzes for her in exchange for sex and homely duties. While the guy had a spillover and graduated with a second class lower, the girl zoomed off in record time with a second class upper grade.

I am not asking you not to cohabit, but I am reminding you that the Job Market isn’t friendly for Graduates with already good results. I have seen graduates with First Class, Second Class upper, searching for jobs without headway. What would be the fate of those who come out with poor grades, school dropouts due to pregnancy, or even those rusticated?

He who the gods want to kill, they first make mad. And madness is being a wife or husband to a complete stranger.

Remember to share the post on the blog.

Source: http://dailystudentinfo.com/cohabiting-silent-killer-students/

This is heavily skewed, bullshit to say the least!
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by smulti(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Hormotorlah:

I want to ask sir, are you still in a relationship with the lady you cohabited with?

relationship isn't binding
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Papaaldrich: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2017
shut up ur mouth,after you don scatter the girl morocco how u no go tire
teesmarth:
The highest i can stay with a lady is a week max before I get tired of her not to talk of cohabiting for months

Its not just in my blood if she ain't my fiance or wife

I feel stucked. I detest cohabitation
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by 1freshdude: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:
Just say you are jealous.

I cohabited when I was in the University. Neither me nor the girl had a spillover. Same Faculty, Same level and graduated same time. Infact, having someone around was more like a blessing for me. Though I agree it's a financial strain for your pocket.

I'm currently rounding up my Masters at one of the top Grand-Ecoles in France. So eat that up.

How did it strain your pocket? Was one of you an Orphan?
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Papaaldrich: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2017
chai see as dey be like pipo wey don smokw flacka..see the guy shoe sef,and the guy agbalumo breast.....I SURE THEY ARE FROM KENYA
Blackops:
something like this.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by 1freshdude: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Wow... I am impressed.

Just one last thing Sir, you can advise your lil sis to cohabit too...

That would show how good it is... smiley

Irrelevant comment, your sister/sister's would do whatever they want to do.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by Achorise: 11:28am On Dec 05, 2017
smulti:

where is hell located .
Good question, ask yourself where is your spirit? where does it go.
Re: Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions by aamstih: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2017
Lorbar, hope you're not presently cohabiting o?

Lorbar:
Cohabiting in higher institution is never a good idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ilelolawa Oluwatobi: Pupil Draws President Buhari With A Pen (Photos) / Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / DELSCOTECH Student Dies In Motor Accident Days After Her Final Exams (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.