Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (20336 Views)

My Mom's Pineapple Plantation And Harvest (Pictures) / Plantain Or Oil Palm Plantation Which One Is More Profitable? / Palm Oil Plantation And Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by AlphaTaikun: 8:15pm On May 19, 2022
joinnow:

Have you been to Manbilla its in Taraba state.
Plantain and banana is so big fresh.
You cannot eat three banana at once.
Taraba is North
Insightful info.
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by AlphaTaikun: 8:59pm On May 19, 2022
olly6559:
Clapping for some Nairaland internet farmers response!! A bunch of bananas cost about N300 naira here in a mrk at Erunmu, Ibadan while a bunch of plantain goes btw N700 - 1500 depending on its finger sizes. Even a bunch purchased in d mnth of Sep along Gbongan-Osogbo express rd was N1000 despite the truth that they produce fruts in excess around that area. It depends, they eat lots of bananas in the east unlike in Southwest, do your home work thoroughly before u commence planting and remember to intercrop with maize/melon/soya beans/potatoes inorder to save cost on monthly weeding. Plantain/banana plantation isn't a cheap and quick buz.
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by Joezinho: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by Curious346: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
okewumi:
Op, pls just plan very well. Internet will tell you that it is profitable but nobody will tell you where to sell. Nobody has ever talk about middle men or interface that can buy and sell to industries.

Or you target are market women that will buy 10 today and 5 next month. Do your work permit you to be sourcing for the market women to buy and you want to ho into it as full time job?
I have plantain farm as well outside my state of work and l am yet to harvest. I have spent a lot of my savings on it grin. When l asked the guy that introduced me to the business where to sell, he started saying 'iya Ganiya and Baba Sukura will buy on market day grin we are just watching ourself in 3D at the moment.
I will buy from you
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by Babakolanut(m): 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Pls which one do you planted and how profitable? Update me on whatsapp +2349034612092

1 Like

Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by Pman8: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
I am interested in planting banana for commercial purpose.
I would like to link up with people that are into the same field, kindly drop me your WhatsApp.
I am looking into this line of business as a retirement scheme, I have spent a good amount of time abroad and I have decided that farming is the way to go. I would like also to be furnished with the necessary information.
From what I have gathered so far, one needs to have a good water supply (borehole), then consider how secure the site is. I am a total novice in this field and would like to get more info on how to proceed. I have a budget of 10million which will involve farmland lease, borehole, mounting of security tower, electric fencing, CCTV, Security Alarm, workers yearly salary. I am looking at planting at least 3,000-10,000 Banana sucker....
Thank you as you keep the reply coming in.
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by sylve11: 9:07am On Jan 25
Alexanity:
My mum does both plantain and Banana plantation and I tell you Banana is more profitable, reason is becuase banana bunch is usually far bigger than plantains bunch and banana has the capacity to multiply faster than plantain in the couse of time, again banana has better root so during dry season their survival rate is better than plaintain with shallow root, I know based on which has better usage, yes plantains may be more nutritional and all of that but plantain is more like a food while banana is more like a fruits and for the record fruits had been more costly than most other food

Hmmm cool
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by sylve11: 9:12am On Jan 25
okewumi:
Op, pls just plan very well. Internet will tell you that it is profitable but nobody will tell you where to sell. Nobody has ever talk about middle men or interface that can buy and sell to industries.

Or you target are market women that will buy 10 today and 5 next month. Do your work permit you to be sourcing for the market women to buy and you want to ho into it as full time job?
I have plantain farm as well outside my state of work and l am yet to harvest. I have spent a lot of my savings on it grin. When l asked the guy that introduced me to the business where to sell, he started saying 'iya Ganiya and Baba Sukura will buy on market day grin we are just watching ourself in 3D at the moment.

😆 🤣 cool
Re: Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? by laivwire(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11
okewumi:

What was the outcome? Are you still in the business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate / Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. / Broiler Growers And Dressers/buyers Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.