Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (102020 Views)

ANONYMOUS By ANONYMOUS / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / 3 Sisters And A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
ilyasom:
Congrats bro
Thanks Man!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Biade warn yaself for dah place ooo.....nd get baq on Ya thread and gimme updates.....you dhy here dhy dive
lol, A man in love rarerly updates sir, but being that my girl is a nobel lauret herself, she'l inspire me and I'll definitely drop sontin tmao.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 09, 2018
Lol.. Funny guys cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
That moment when u feel like to Marry urself.,...,....nice update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by cybriz82(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hardeybaryor:

You're too gbasky. It is very impossible for anyone to come across this and not get glued to it. If I am right hit like button

yeah
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
What seemed like an ordinary sore throat escalated to cough and symptoms of malaria. In the past 48 hours, I having been battling with cough and a lost voiced. I never knew anything could separate me from my phone until now. I started the day with a battery power of 69% and ended it with a 42%. Really surprising. I didn't care about where my phone was...well a lot of things didn't matter either.
I just silently prayed to be okay. On that bed as I lay, not knowing reality from dreams I kept having series of reflections. Carefully scolding myself for all the awful decisions I've taken. And applauding me for the right ones. In the sickness, I lost appetite completely. Although, I was hungry for things that were not here. I was so hungry for boli(roasted plantain, peppered stew ) without the fish. Thinking about was making me nauseous. Catfish pepper soup was another thing...I think I was just craving for pepper.
I slept for long hours...always confused about my environment for a few seconds after I wake up. I couldn't talk because my voice had been lost. So, I just nod and make gestures. I didn't have enough strength to talk, I just smiled a lot. Mostly tiring smiles...like I became even more grateful for life. I felt the heat more. Soaking my bed with sweats.

This evening I stepped out of my house briefly and found one tiny, greenish fruit on our cashew tree. It seemed to be so filled with life and freshness... I was motivated(hahaha). I've been feeling a lot better since then. I hope to feel completely better by tomorrow. To be able to monitor the fruit.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Sokoflow(m): 12:22am On Feb 12, 2018
gh0sts:
What seemed like an ordinary sore throat escalated to cough and symptoms of malaria. In the past 48 hours, I having been battling with cough and a lost voiced. I never knew anything could separate me from my phone until now. I started the day with a battery power of 69% and ended it with a 42%. Really surprising. I didn't care about where my phone was...well a lot of things didn't matter either.
I just silently prayed to be okay. On that bed as I lay, not knowing reality from dreams I kept having series of reflections. Carefully scolding myself for all the awful decisions I've taken. And applauding me for the right ones. In the sickness, I lost appetite completely. Although, I was hungry for things that were not here. I was so hungry for boli(roasted plantain, peppered stew ) without the fish. Thinking about was making me nauseous. Catfish pepper soup was another thing...I think I was just craving for pepper.
I slept for long hours...always confused about my environment for a few seconds after I wake up. I couldn't talk because my voice had been lost. So, I just nod and make gestures. I didn't have enough strength to talk, I just smiled a lot. Mostly tiring smiles...like I became even more grateful for life. I felt the heat more. Soaking my bed with sweats.

This evening I stepped out of my house briefly and found one tiny, greenish fruit on our cashew tree. It seemed to be so filled with life and freshness... I was motivated(hahaha). I've been feeling a lot better since then. I hope to feel completely better by tomorrow. To be able to monitor the fruit.

Being following your story form the beginning...i must confess you are doing a good job. keep it up and get well soon. The lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Elvidence(m): 4:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Nice one...

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 12, 2018
Get well soon. Eat some fruits and green vegetables. Take good rest. The flu will be gone in no time

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 6:33am On Feb 12, 2018
Pele sweetheart mi, the sickness is just being sick for coming to u... When u finally find ur voice, ur first words gonn' be '' I love u Biade Fola!''

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Adesina12: 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ehyah sorry ugly gh0st corper
Sweet popcorn for craving... grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Pele sweetheart mi, the sickness is just being sick for coming to u...
When u finally find ur voice, ur first words gonn' be '' I love u Biade Fola!''
smh....see imm mouth like love

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
smh....see imm mouth like love

hell yeah, fvcking right... shape of my pink lips is lovey

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 2:31am On Feb 13, 2018
WOW!
I read this post from the beginning till now and u made two things happen in my life
1. I used to be a hell of a writer [so obessed with writing] but suddenly i retired to just reading the ones from others [dont ask me what made me retire, u wont believe me if i told you] i tried to rekindle the spirit but i failed badly but your work did what i was unable to do {come out of retirement}
2. I tasted MJ for the "1st time" and dont ask how it felt it was totally________urgh [u could fill that yourself u too had the XP]

I got to say i love you......i mean your work [a lot of guys already said that], u inspire me.
THANKS for the motivation [indirectly though]
keep the updates coming and believe me when i tell you u got a LOYAL follower in me.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by bimberry1307(f): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2018
BiadeFolar:
This guy, I love your dreams. sweet dreamer.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Makz: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2018
BiadeFolar:

bimberry1307:

Lol. Funny gal. ghosts might just agree to his obsession. Anyways, no be me talk am.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by chubbyG(m): 11:05am On Feb 13, 2018
gh0sts:
The night before I left for camp was one hell of crazies...I couldn't sleep. I kept turning and tossing. I get like that before every long journey. Then the anxiety started. Every possible fearful thing I've ever read came to my mind... accidents, robbery, kidnap, bombing, etc. I had to play every single slow song from my playlist, just to help me sleep...from Bruno Mars to Sam Smith. For where? I had to start counting down from 100, made up stories about camp in my head. I finally drifted...I didn't know when, because Pops was knocking on my door. Checked my phone, it was 3 in the morning...I jumped up and went to open the door. Pops just looked at me and shook his head. His inside thought; you can't do anything on your own in this life.
I boiled water and did a last minute parking. By 5, I was on my way to the bus park, together with Pops, Nana and the driver Pops hired. Nana hugged me one last time, while Pops shouted that she left me alone. Pops can mask emotions for Africa. I sat down on a plastic chair and waited patiently for others to come. Gradually more people came, I knew one of them from a group I had joined. Then another, her dad introduced himself to me and asked us to introduce each other. Finally we were all seated in the bus and ready to move. Together we were six corp members in the bus. Five girls and a boy. The boy was going to Yobe though. By noon, I was almost dying in that bus. I've never been that bored or tired. The farthest I've gone by bus is Enugu and I can't really remember how the journey went. So by the time I got to Enugu, I was tired, famished, confused and almost fainting...I wore a long gown and the bus was tight as a virgin, so you know how I felt. Just so you know, my parents won't let me wear trousers...for the big girl that I am. I couldn't even buy food because I hated eating in a bus, including snacks. By the time we got to Benue, I was frantic. if I don't come out of this bus soon, I'll loose my mind and end in the nearest mental institution. At Otukpo, we stopped for the first time. I rushed out of the bus, not to do anything but to feel the earth under my feet again. Otukpo reminded me about my primary five reader...

When it was time to continue, I started crying in my head. Why is this country so big? I should have prayed for Enugu o, at least I would have already been in camp resting. Even Ondo would have been a better choice. I thought since we were already in Otukpo, then Nasarrawa was not far...I was kidding myself. From Otukpo to Markudi is up to an hour, that's within one state o. Then, by the time we got to Nasarrawa, the driver assured us that jos was close. I think his definition of close is different. Because, from around 4.30 to 7 we were still in Nasarrawa. How can these states be so big? By the time we got to the outskirt of Jos it was dark.

We got out at one round about that sounds Arabic( something like marabal jamal). We left to dude going to Yobe. All five of us got a taxi from there to Mangu, where the camp is located. They told us, it wasn't far at all. Another story...I swear these peoples definition of not far is different from our own. Then path to Mangu is very lonely and dark. I prayed in my mind o. I didn't want my journey to start and end same day. The driver was driving so slow...we were confused at a point and started suspecting the driver. By 9 pm we got to the orientation camp. it was the only time we saw light on the road. I felt so relived ehn.
Coming in at night was cool, we didn't have to carry our luggage on our heads like I read...after that long journey, I would have just died complete. The soldiers were kind, and didn't even search our boxes well. We went in, did the first stage of our registration before going to get our beg space. All five of us; G,J,S,Juls and me. We looked for the space together and that was the beginning of our friendship.

so all this while I thought u were a guy...
How did I even come into conclusion that u were a guy sef??

nice story

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2018
bimberry1307:

You love my dreams, I love gh0sts... grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by banky3w(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2018
She's a terrific writer and I love her personality..... She's a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Makz:

Lol. Funny gal. ghosts might just agree to his obsession. Anyways, no be me talk am.

of course!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by chubbyG(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
joromi36:
Wowwww Kopa weeeeee

nyc story ghost.... wish I can tell my own tho.
why wishing?? Tell yours if you want to.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by chubbyG(m): 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
started from page 0 now I'm here Finally reached the end of this thread
and its 2:57 now I can take my bath!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
chubbyG:
started from page 0 now I'm here Finally reached the end of this thread
and its 2:57 now I can take my bath!!
i think you need a bottle of vodka to chill should i get one for you?lol

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by IamBlanco(m): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2018
Stop quoting her full post pleasssseee... I only look at d size of my scroll bar to ascertain if gh0st has posted a new story. Trim your quotes please ooo angry

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 7:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Happy valentine gh0st...........drop an update today plzz and include an in depth detail on how u spent ur valentine..would u do that for us?plzz

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 7:27am On Feb 14, 2018
Cadec007:
Happy valentine gh0st...........drop an update today plzz and include an in depth detail on how u spent ur valentine..would u do that for us?plzz
You sha want to know how e dey go for us! Too bad I'm here, and she's in faraway Plateau...
Thanks to DHL and the call card on my phone sha, we'l try to bridge the distance.
Some romantic Skype later...
Am saying too much sef, she'l give u all the gist later!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 7:31am On Feb 14, 2018
BiadeFolar:

You sha want to know how e dey go for us! Too bad I'm here, and she's in faraway Plateau...
Thanks to DHL and the call card on my phone sha, we'l try to bridge the distance.
Some romantic Skype later...
Am saying too much sef, she'l give u all the gist later!
I love ur spirit man! Kudos .......when una skype finish tell am make she come update na, i don chop popcorn finish e remain the package.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by abdeiz(m): 8:42am On Feb 15, 2018
gh0sts:
This service is so boring. I have been so tired and bored recently. I really can't wait to leave here and just go back home. It's not like home won't be boring too. But at least I'll be bored in my father's house. In a familiar environment too. Oh! I'm forgetting a more stable electricity.

These days, my movement is so predictable. It's home to school, school back home. Except for Wednesdays when I have to go to CDs. There's been no hanging out...no random visits from people or to people. I've just always been home. I nap a lot. Very annoying how I pray for the day to end faster. I sleep at 12noon. After what I think to be five hours, I wake up only to find out it's 12.50pm. Haba! I can't sleep again till it's midnight. It's like my body system is conniving with the earth rotation to frustrate me. I don't even have to fun activities, or come in contact with people. So, I can at least have stories to tell.

I have never had such free schedule. Somehow, I wake up everyday, Saturdays included at 5.50am. I quietly pray, lips moving fervently but no sound. After that, I preheat my stew or soup...no light na. Take my bath. By 6.50am, I'm on my way to school. By 9.30, except for Mondays that I finish by 12noon. I'm home, lying on my bed and reading a novel or random stuffs on the internet. I sleep off soon after breakfast. Wake up earlier than I intend and do nothing, but read and eat until it's night again and I sleep. At least I'd put on some weight.

This has given me the opportunity to think more about my life. Things I'm going to change. How I'm going to be a better person.
My future. I'm enjoying this solitude. Although, sometimes it seems like loneliness comes creeping in like the shadow from the movie ' vanishing on 7th street' and just envelopes me. I now know how to deal with it when it happens. I've been reading a lot. Both hardcopy and soft copy. I'm also cooking and cleaning a lot. At least in all these, I'm sharpening my mind and adulting well. I'm beginning to enjoy my own company. At least I can laugh at my own short comings without being looked like a mad person. I didn't even know I was this funny until now. I started thinking up something or doing something and laughing alone. I never knew what it felt like to be happy without anybody. Whenever I bump into my neighbours. They are never around. We'll talk a little right before I go back in and enjoy my company, the best company.

If someone had told me there will be a time when the slightest of noise would bother me. I would have just assumed the person was giving a shot at predictions. Now, I hate noise. Whenever my compound becomes too noisy, I hiss continuously and when my mouth goes dry from hissing, I sigh and just will them to shut up from my room. I got myself an ear piece. Listening to music more. Especially, when I take a break from reading or when the noise becomes unbearable. I had forgotten I had such amazing playlists. Singing along and smiling at the lyrics that spoke to me. Dancing as I clean my room or just when the song touches me that way. Imagining, myself in a party I'd never go. I've often imagined myself being the girl both Ed sheeran and James Arthur are singing about.

My phone rarely rings too. I like that part a lot, I've always been scared of phone calls... It's one of those phobias with long names. Especially from numbers I don't know. I hate all those accusations of ' you've forgotten me na '. Very annoying.
I am not completely used to this ' staying alone without being bored or lonely ' thing, but I'm beginning to get a hang of it. I never knew I could catch so much fun being on my own.

Solitude is a good place to go but terrible place to stay in.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by hrykanu231(m): 12:09am On Feb 16, 2018
Started from the beginning and now I am here, the last time I followed any story on NL like this was in 2012(Zubby77, there and back). Like that piece from Zubby77,this is a master class.
I will have to introduce my friend to this thread, both of you have a whole lot in common. On the whole, this is a masterpiece. Sanu!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cadec007(m): 12:14am On Feb 16, 2018
hrykanu231:
Started from the beginning and now I am here, the last time I followed any story on NL like this was in 2012(Zubby77, there and back). Like that piece from Zubby77,this is a master class.
I will have to introduce my friend to this thread, both of you have a whole lot in common. On the whole, this is a masterpiece. Sanu!
if it is that interesting can i get the link pls?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by badohemmy(m): 9:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Cadec007:
if it is that interesting can i get the link pls?
I started but couldn't finish.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.