Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

5 Skills To Look For In A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Skills To Look For In A Man (626 Views)

Curvy Lady Jumps Queue With Twerking Skills To Use Bathroom In Public Compound / I Look For My BLACK GODDESS / Guys, These 5 Skills Impress Women So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Skills To Look For In A Man by easyboss1(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2017
Some men make breaking up with them unfortunately necessary. why Breaking up seems easy to do for some men. But not all men let love go so easily. So men who make it work with their partners have special qualities you need to search for. Here are five of them:

1. Leading with love

A man who will fight for you thinks the best of you. He trusts you implicitly and gives you the benefit of the doubt. He automatically disbelieves negative rumors and assumes only your positive intention. He is your biggest cheerleader and defends you against detractors.

2. Good listening skills

A man who really knows how to listen will work harder to keep your union together. Someone who actually enjoys listening is a fantastic find. Listening is actually a skill – one that some men never learn. It isn’t just being quiet while someone is talking.

3. Empathetic understanding
Empathy is an essential quality for lasting love. An empathetic man puts himself in your position and sees a situation through your eyes. He doesn’t drill into you what you should do or what he would do. He helps you work through your own experiences without interfering or taking over. A man who is empathetic to your needs can be hard to find. But when you land one, he’ll put in the work it takes to keep you.

4. Calm communication

A man who will fight for his relationship is able to stay cool, calm and collected when communicating. He’s slow to anger and doesn’t get aggressive. Arguments don’t escalate, and the goal of reaching a solution or solving a problem stays in sight. Disagreements don’t devolve into a battle where one needs to win against the other

5. Creative problem solving

When discussion does need to turn into action, a man who will make things work will think of creative solutions. He is always anchored by logic and reason, but can branch out to more unconventional areas of thought. He can think outside the box and bend the rules just enough to get things done. He wouldn’t dare get you into trouble to make ends meet, but he’s willing to go outside of his comfort zone to change what isn’t working and fix what’s broken.

These qualities can be hard to find all in one place. But they’re incredibly special and important to the longevity of your relationship.
https://dailyfamily.ng/5-skills-to-look-for-in-a-man/

Re: 5 Skills To Look For In A Man by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2017
I Have Them All... Especially Number 2. I Can Listen To You Even If she is sayin Something Stupid, i Will Listen And Nod My Head. Even If She Is Lying I Will Smile and Listen...

Listening Makes You Gather All The Points and Helps You Provide Solution To Problems
Re: 5 Skills To Look For In A Man by MissJoy29(f): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2017
Hmmm...great qualities and skills I must say. Especially number 2 & 3. A lot of men are lack those qualities.
For number 2, a lot of guys do what is called "selective hearing". They hear only what they will like to hear. He might be nodding and smiling and responding positively, but his mind isn't there. At this point, they only HEAR. They don't LISTEN. Ask him about that same thing hours or days later, he has forgotten. Cos he wasn't LISTENING.

For number 3, what most guys do is to start bombarding you with what you should do & shouldn't do. And when you don't, it's now a case of "you are not submissive". They dont listen & empathize. They just hear you & try to impose their solutions on you. Sometimes I tell them, "listen to me first. Get what I'm going through. I'm not telling you this now for you to proffer a solution. I'm telling you for you to sympathise first. That's the most important.

That's why I like guys who are sensitive. cool
They are observant, considerate, understanding, thoughtful, compassionate. You need all these qualities and maybe more to exhibit those skills above especially 2 & 3.

(1) (Reply)

Important Question To Ask Them With If You Dont Want The Conversation To End. / Should I Accept This Offer? / Can You Marry A Grandmother-breastfed And Sucked Breasts Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.