Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank (10097 Views)

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity / 90 Million Nigerians Lack Electricity Supply - Fashola Says / More Than 50million Nigerans Lack Access To Electricity - VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Tbe world bank has underestimated the numbers once again , its not 80 million but actually 160 million nigerians dont have access to electricity ..I define access to electricity as the "ability to have electricity supply upon demand whenever where ever " so in this light can any Nigerian be said to have electricity ? Hell No ..The Buhari govt gives me an average of 3 hours of electricity a day and also determines what time of the day i can have it ..That my good people is not access to electricity but an access to a bizzare game of" Electricity Roulette " which is nothing but a game of chance or at best a preview of Electricity services

See your mouth like someone who can afford regular electricity
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by SalamRushdie: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
PUSH1:

See your mouth like someone who can afford for regular electricity

I dont understand you sir ? Whats ur point exactly ?
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
and you can be assured that the goverment has no plans when all areas are connected to the national grid....

this is what you get when blacks think only over the now and today,never over the future.....then they start running heltersskelters around the place trying to fix the problem........panic...!!!!!!... grin grin grin grin

patch work race of people.... grin grin grin grin....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by MightySparrow: 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2017
Electricity na Oyinbi thing, we have the Sun, Moon, firefly, firewood.

Make Oyinbo mind them businesses biko.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
fact remains,..their is not enough money to catch up with america.....you can not just build infrastruture that quick without a hugh amount of money.....coal plants would be the easiest part and cheap...but the pollution would be crazy.....

but buhari signed enviromental nonesense...soooooo,,,,good night.....

i dont know.... undecided
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
MightySparrow:
Electricity na Oyinbi thing, we have the Sun, Moon, firefly, firewood.

Make Oyinbo mind them businesses biko.

firefly..... grin grin grin grin...
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by MightySparrow: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
tsdarkside:

firefly..... grin grin grin grin...

Yea you get it bro. Abi firefly no dey ya village?
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
MightySparrow:

Yea you get it bro. Abi firefly no dey ya village?

and if the fireflies die you can use them for pepper soup...very ecologic.... grin grin grin

mbok...thats real clean energie... grin grin grin grin.....

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
Don't be quick to believe their lies. Germany produces 40% of its electricity from coal. Renewable isn't sustainable yet to dispatch base loads and most especially it's stochastic nature still makes its utilisation quite arduous.
DeutschJunge:
Countries like Germany produce too much and don’t know what to do with it. And it’s not like they are burning coal o! Renewable energy!!

What is so hard in going to Brazil study how they are able to do it, hire experts come and replicate it in Nigeria, labor is cheap.

I just don’t know o. It’s just hard to understand why we can’t get it!
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Don't be quick to believe their lies. Germany produces 40% of its electricity from coal. Renewable isn't sustainable yet to dispatch base loads and most especially it's stochastic nature still makes its utilisation quite arduous.

solar is a very bad idea....you will still need to build gigantic solar plants to meet all demands....still will be too expensive....

solar has very weak output....i have solar panels at home...but the output is miserable....and you still need batteries and converters...

very expensive experiment.... undecided
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by SupremeBeast: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
don't worry Nigerians, Ghana will soon be exporting electricity to you.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nice and apt answer. The problem is the fact that the west controls the narrative on renewable energy. Over 66% of electricity generated by OECD countries comes from coal and oil and gas. America is pulling out of the Paris Accord to enable them exploit coal. China has lifted over 600m people out of poverty using cheap coal. The OECD countries still contribute about 80% of GHG emissions and yet didn't support any framework like the Brazilian proposal or a clean development fund that would penalise them if they miss their emission reduction targets like Germany that is going to miss it's target by 2020. Yet they still hype renewable technology for SSA using us as lab rats and also getting back whatever investments they make in SSA through technology and expertise supply.
GoldHorse:

Over 50 percent of German electricity comes from coal (and other fossil fuels). There's no western country that doesn't have high dependency on these but they discourage African countries from towing same path. Nuclear power supply just fraction of their needs.

2 Likes

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
should I be thanking God my zone is not part of the 80 million affected...shameless country and some youths will carry pan for head support APC...come 2019..yeye country with no vision
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by orisa37: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
2/3 of our population in permanent darkness. And we have a Government?
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Nice and apt answer. The problem is the fact that the west controls the narrative on renewable energy. Over 66% of electricity generated by OECD countries comes from coal and oil and gas. America is pulling out of the Paris Accord to enable them exploit coal. China has lifted over 600m people out of poverty using cheap coal. The OECD countries still contribute about 80% of GHG emissions and yet didn't support any framework like the Brazilian proposal or a clean development fund that would penalise them if they miss their emission reduction targets like Germany that is going to miss it's target by 2020. Yet they still hype renewable technology for SSA using us as lab rats and also getting back whatever investments they make in SSA through technology and expertise supply.

but una will always hail them tommorow.....i was talking to a german,and the moroon was telling me lies about germany have only clean energie....i didnt even bother to argue with the moroon....they can only deceive blacks that whorship them....

i noticed something about whites...no matter which country they call themselves....it seems they all work toghether to keep blacks dumb....

no exceptions...they will blatanly lie in your face and they already await that you will believe them...

today they say you come from monkeys,tommorow you are from fishes,over tommorow you come from space.....strange people.... undecided
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
Lol. Not a bad idea but not mature for full scale deployment yet. We have vast coal reserves, that's our comparative advantage. South Africa generates over 90% of her electricity from coal. When world Bank was going to support the medupi power plant we had the deceivers mostly USA and GB and Netherlands and Italy all crying foul. Yet south Africa was having serious energy crisis. Now the same America wants to exploit coal to boost economy and compete favourably with China. We don't have any comparable emission compared to EU and OECD countries so why can't we precipitate development in Nigeria based on coal and with time diversif. While China was busy investing in wind turbines these deceivers were investing in scrubbers for their power plants. Their economies are primarily driven by cheap coal which is what we need. When solar panels become very efficient above 60% and also cheap then we can start looking at a wide scale deployment.
tsdarkside:

solar is a very bad idea....you will still need to build gigantic solar plants to meet all demands....still will be too expensive....

solar has very weak output....i have solar panels at home...but the output is miserable....and you still need batteries and and converters...

very expensive experiment.... undecided
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
If you only knew. I'm currently researching energy bullying by the global north on the global south. I'm waiting for the review response. I'm not a blind follower. I critically evaluate propositions especially as it relates to SSA. The problem is the news media that sells lies like "Germany runs on wind for a day" without telling us things like demand, time of year, base power plants contribution etc. How can Germany turn off its power plants for a day? They do cumulative aggregates and sell that to gullible citizens.
tsdarkside:

but una will always hail them tommorow.....i was talking to a german,and the moroon was telling me lies about germany have only clean energie....i didnt even bother to argue with the moroon....they can only deceive blacks that whorship them....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Lol. Not a bad idea but not mature for full scale deployment yet. We have vast coal reserves, that's our comparative advantage. South Africa generates over 90% of her electricity from coal. When world Bank was going to support the medupi power plant we had the deceivers mostly USA and GB and Netherlands and Italy all crying foul. Yet south Africa was having serious energy crisis. Now the same America wants to exploit coal to boost economy and compete favourably with China. We don't have any comparable emission compared to EU and OECD countries so why can't we precipitate development in Nigeria based on coal and with time diversif. While China was busy investing in wind turbines these deceivers were investing in scrubbers for their power plants. Their economies are primarily driven by cheap coal which is what we need. When solar panels become very efficient above 60% and also cheap then we can start looking at a wide scale deployment.

i dont know why blacks think they need whites to develope...doesnt make sense to me.... undecided....

but dont develope without building your army oooo....or else you will end up like libya....

their are many interests in keeping africa down.....south africa a black nation my foot....the people may be black but they are not realy in charge.....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
Electricity problem in Nigeria is multifaceted but at the root is policy conceptualization, development and implementation. That's the reason why Fashola keeps spewing nonsense regularly. If he's not generating electricity from sugarcane he's improving electricity supply through the installation of prepaid meters. There's no policy on achievables and direction so it's not possible to evaluate any progress.

Energy (electricity) poverty in Nigeria is dual - access and mobility. in the global north, having access means having sufficient electricity based on your ability to pay. In Nigeria, having access is one, being able to increase electricity consumption is another. This is usually evidenced in the rural areas where they have all those mini-grids. Also, these mini-grids are left to weather variations - availability of irradiance.

World bank should stop deceiving themselves and provide loans for coal power plants. Imagine having a 4 000 MW coal power plant. That is enough to ginger investments in transmission to be able to distribute the power.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
If you only knew. I'm currently researching energy bullying by the global north on the global south. I'm waiting for the review response. I'm not a blind follower. I critically evaluate propositions especially as it relates to SSA. The problem is the news media that sells lies like "Germany runs on wind for a day" without telling us things like demand, time of year, base power plants contribution etc. How can Germany turn off its power plants for a day? They do cumulative aggregates and sell that to gullible citizens.

well....it doesnt matter...you win,they loose...they win you loose...its simple as that....

i was thinking the other day why our ancestors kept wild animals all over africa....

its not that we couldnt have hunted all of them all down and eating them...

then i tut,maybe they left them alive so that their children in the future study them and understand life....

what whites are doing is realy nothing personal against you...when you understand animal kingdom then things start making sense....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
(Well China is an ancient nation and has been able to develop local capacity over time.) Where are we going to get the turbines from? What about the associated technologies that are domiciled in the west? We need their skills and expertise to have our plants up and running while insisting on technology transfer.

irrespective of who is in charge, South Africa is doing great. Stable power, powerful economy and great FDI. Can we say the same about Nigeria? Its ZAR 1 = 26.68 Naira minutes ago.
tsdarkside:

i dont know why blacks think they need whites to develope...doesnt make sense to me.... undecided....

but dont develope without building your army oooo....or else you will end up like libya....

their are many interests in keeping africa down.....south africa a black nation my foot....the people may be black but they are not realy in charge.....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
(Well China is an ancient nation and has been able to develop local capacity over time.) Where are we going to get the turbines from? What about the associated technologies that are domiciled in the west? We need their skills and expertise to have our plants up and running while insisting on technology transfer.

irrespective of who is in charge, South Africa is doing great. Stable power, powerful economy and great FDI. Can we say the same about Nigeria? Its ZAR 1 = 26.68 Naira minutes ago.

forget it...whites are not going to help you in anything when it doesnt benefit them...why should they..??...that would be silly of them...

humans are not a giant family....we are fractions...different types....a leopard will never go into a union with lion....or a gnu with a giraff...

life doesnt work that way....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
Ah, China would be more than glad to build it for us. They are currently building over 500 coal power plants worldwide. The technology is no longer the exclusive preserve of OECD. Of course, China would be looking for something, but then we would have a life line to quickly accelerate development. We can't go anywhere without stable electricity supply.
tsdarkside:

forget it...whites are not going to help you in anything when it doesnt benefit them...why should they..??...that would be silly of them...

humans are not a giant family....we are fractions...different types....a leopard will never go into a union with lion....or a gnu with a giraff...

life doesnt work that way....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Annydora(f): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
our politicians are blaming those running away from the country....rerally dont blame them either.research has it dat its over 140million nigerians and not 80million.
power is messed up in nigeria here.

Have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
You get guaranteed delivery, delivery reports or sms refunds
(or your money back) if your messages are not delivered.
www.smsmarketingportal.com
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Ah, China would be more than glad to build it for us. They are currently building over 500 coal power plants worldwide. The technology is no longer the exclusive preserve of OECD. Of course, China would be looking for something, but then we would have a life line to quickly accelerate development. We can't go anywhere without stable electricity supply.

then the goverment must cancel that agreement they sighned with europe.....

i was shocked when i saw buhari signing that clean energie nonesense.....

we both know they will never help us build a nuclear plant...illusions....they dont even want us to have a simple steel plant sef....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by zealous2121(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
World bank!!! What have you done to help??
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by tsdarkside(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
zealous2121:
World bank!!! What have you done to help??

exactly...the start is to start ignoring what white people say.....

and blaimy stop whorshipen their image.....its does something very crazy to the mind.....

if animals could manipulate the minds of their victims,you think they wouldnt use it....??....

you dont have to hunt it down....just order it to enter into your belly wilfuly..... grin grin grin...now that is a skill....i think their is even a insect that has this capabiltiy......

now i remember...their is plant that camouflage its sef and wait for its prey....then,snap snap....

sea animals have the capability too.....the whites have a strong weapon against blacks....mind control is a very good weapon... grin grin grin grin
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Chukwuka16: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hmmm.... Don't forget that Buhari would even sign off our sovereignty is asked to do so. He's very grateful to be courted by the west after being sidelined for years. Also, the clowns and town criers he has surrounded himself with are mostly nonentities and inconsequential fellows who have no locus standi to even supply valuable contributions. They are all happy to have their livelihood sustained. It will take someone with some international clout whom the president respects to steer the narrative of this government. if this govt can humble itself and seek out our local and int'l experts who have built some name for themselves and have extensive networks, then we can begin to defy western conventions and re-organize our alliances.
tsdarkside:

then the goverment must cancel that agreement they sighned with europe.....

i was shocked when i saw buhari signing that clean energie nonesense.....

we both know they will never help us build a nuclear plant...illusions....they dont even want us to have a simple steel plant sef....
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by oshaosha2014(m): 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2017
If you keep talking like this, believe me, we will never have stable electricity supply. In the western world they don't even know God but they used their brain. God has given us a brain to solve our problems, he doesn't need to come down again with all his angels to give us electricity. Some people are benefitting from many of the problems bedevilling this nation and are leaders are part and parcel of it. We are definitely going to kill ourselves by ourselves... black nation is doomed.

Funkybabee:
Only God can change this country for good
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
Only 80million? Meanwhile done African countries have more electricity than they need.

"Giant of Africa" grin grin
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Splashme: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Tbe world bank has underestimated the numbers once again , its not 80 million but actually 160 million nigerians dont have access to electricity ..I define access to electricity as the "ability to have electricity supply upon demand whenever where ever " so in this light can any Nigerian be said to have electricity ? Hell No ..The Buhari govt gives me an average of 3 hours of electricity a day and also determines what time of the day i can have it ..That my good people is not access to electricity but an access to a bizzare game of" Electricity Roulette " which is nothing but a game of chance or at best a preview of Electricity services

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
lol are they just knowing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Saved N200bln From Ghost Workers – Osinbajo Says / Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike / FG To Spend ₦900 Billion On Fuel Subsidy In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.