Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank (10095 Views)

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity / 90 Million Nigerians Lack Electricity Supply - Fashola Says / More Than 50million Nigerans Lack Access To Electricity - VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Funkybabee(f): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
oshaosha2014:
If you keep talking like this, believe me, we will never have stable electricity supply. In the western world they don't even know God but they used their brain. God has given us a brain to solve our problems, he doesn't need to come down again with all his angels to give us electricity. Some people are benefitting from many of the problems bedevilling this nation and are leaders are part and parcel of it. We are definitely going to kill ourselves by ourselves... black nation is doomed.

With all what you say black nation need God intervention,if poor people start to voice out they will kill her so what do u want them to do
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by bigtt76(f): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by DJInfluence: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
No access mean, dem no get electric wire shebi?
What of those with wire, dem no get transformer.
While those with wire and transformer no see light. grin grin

This world bank should do proper statistic.. over 170 million no get electricity period.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by GoldHorse(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Chukwuka16:
Nice and apt answer. The problem is the fact that the west controls the narrative on renewable energy. Over 66% of electricity generated by OECD countries comes from coal and oil and gas. America is pulling out of the Paris Accord to enable them exploit coal. China has lifted over 600m people out of poverty using cheap coal. The OECD countries still contribute about 80% of GHG emissions and yet didn't support any framework like the Brazilian proposal or a clean development fund that would penalise them if they miss their emission reduction targets like Germany that is going to miss it's target by 2020. Yet they still hype renewable technology for SSA using us as lab rats and also getting back whatever investments they make in SSA through technology and expertise supply.

On point!

All types of renewable energy apart from hydro are quite expensive. And can't be immediately practicable for economies like Nigerias for many obvious reasons. To buttress your point above even the so called developed and rich countries are finding it costly and relatively not that efficient. That's why they are all refusing to let coal go.

Nigeria should MASSIVELY use coal to develop herself then pedal down later to search for alternatives. This is what all of them did! And are still doing. These people are quite selfish! Imagine them touting things like Carbon Footprint, clean energy, etc They want to continue using the cheap and "dirty" energy despite the effects on the environment but selling us the ideas of alternatives.......

It is a long and dirty debate. ......... Imagine USA like u mentioned above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Magdagascariens: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
FUTURE LEADERS SHOUTING ATIKULATING (A 73YRS OLD) AND SAI BABA (76YRS)!

DON'T YOU GET, LEADING NIGERIA REQUIRES PHYSICAL STRENGTH ( AT LEAST WE SEE OSINBAJO)

NIGERIANS! DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE!! SO YOU CAN STOP RUNNING TO TANZANIA, GHANA AND OTHER BABY AFRICAN NATIONS.

VOTE OUT THE USUALS, STOP DOING SAME THINGS AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!

TELL MODS TO UNBAN ME!!!
Lalasticlala[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Eyanmukaila(m): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2017
And some bastards go say youths are lazy, youths no sabi anything than run out of the country to develop other countries, youths are this and that, meanwhile, the same youths are perishing here even with their degrees and talents. useless country, Nigeria will never be good people wise up.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
DeutschJunge:
Countries like Germany produce too much and don’t know what to do with it. And it’s not like the excess is from burning coal o! Renewable energy!!

What is so hard in going to Brazil study how they are able to do it, hire experts come and replicate it in Nigeria, labor is cheap.

I just don’t know o. It’s just hard to understand why we can’t get it!
who will pay
are you willing?
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
jericco1:
someone said it's not rocket science.
it's a shame.
it isn'
it's political science
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
GoldHorse:

Over 50 percent of German electricity comes from coal (and other fossil fuels). There's no western country that doesn't have high dependency on these but they discourage African countries from towing same path. Nuclear power supply just fraction of their needs.
don't mind them and now they're blocking their green card after enjoying our cheap labour for 400 years. global warming ko global cooking ni

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
Magdagascariens:
FUTURE LEADERS SHOUTING ATIKULATING (A 73YRS OLD) AND SAI BABA (76YRS)!

DON'T YOU GET, LEADING NIGERIA REQUIRES PHYSICAL STRENGTH ( AT LEAST WE SEE OSINBAJO)

NIGERIANS! DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE!! SO YOU CAN STOP RUNNING TO TANZANIA, GHANA AND OTHER BABY AFRICAN NATIONS.

VOTE OUT THE USUALS, STOP DOING SAME THINGS AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!

TELL MODS TO UNBAN ME!!!
Lalasticlala[b][/b]
Oya give up one name of unusual to vote for
you think leadership is about wishful thinking
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by rampantlover: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
The giant of Africa....haha
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by redsun(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
Dark age. What can 21st century humans do without electricity for even one minute? It clearlyl shows the country is not evolving with the rest of the known world.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Lexzycane(m): 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2017
You can say everyone living in Nigeria. Cus at one time or the other, electricity goes off.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by WinkWrld: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
World Bank too they craze, where them keep the other 100m ?

The remaining Nigerians dey euroupe, asia and some libya.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by GoldHorse(m): 3:53am On Dec 07, 2017
mikolo80:
don't mind them and now they're blocking their green card after enjoying our cheap labour for 400 years. global warming ko global cooking ni

grin cheesy cheesy We will block our own....ehm....card too! Please wetin be d colour of our own card o? Se we even get card sef?
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 6:58am On Dec 07, 2017
GoldHorse:

grin cheesy cheesy We will block our own....ehm....card too! Please wetin be d colour of our own card o? Se we even get card sef?
we Kuma get
I hear immigration poshu houseboy and girls Christmas period
raiding shops and markets extorting them

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by GoldHorse(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2017
mikolo80:
we Kuma get
I hear immigration poshu houseboy and girls Christmas period
raiding shops and markets extorting them

I trust! Our own no pass that. sad shocked
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Magdagascariens: 8:34am On Dec 07, 2017
mikolo80:
Oya give up one name of unusual to vote for
you think leadership is about wishful thinking

Hello! Leadership isn't ROCKET science as they have made you believe.

Nothing seems to be wrong with Nigeria, but it's people...
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Magdagascariens:

Hello! Leadership isn't ROCKET science as they have made you believe.

Nothing seems to be wrong with Nigeria, but it's people...
one name o that can win
that's what I asked o
one name
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Magdagascariens: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
one name o that can win
that's what I asked o
one name

THAT'S THE PROBLEM! You all will stick to 'money bags' instead smart ENERGETIC minds.
I won't mention any names, but we both know Nigerians are generally far more intelligent than their leaders, and it's saddening.

This is my decision. I'M GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH MY SUPPORT AND VOTE this coming elections. MY PREFERRED CANDIDATES DON'T NECESSARY HAVE TO WIN!
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Gucciboss: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Tbe world bank has underestimated the numbers once again , its not 80 million but actually 160 million nigerians dont have access to electricity ..I define access to electricity as the "ability to have electricity supply upon demand whenever where ever " so in this light can any Nigerian be said to have electricity ? Hell No ..The Buhari govt gives me an average of 3 hours of electricity a day and also determines what time of the day i can have it ..That my good people is not access to electricity but an access to a bizzare game of" Electricity Roulette " which is nothing but a game of chance or at best a preview of Electricity services

Chai grin grin
This right here, is the comment of the year.

1 Like

Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by mikolo80: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Magdagascariens:

THAT'S THE PROBLEM! You all will stick to 'money bags' instead smart ENERGETIC minds.
I won't mention any names, but we both know Nigerians are generally far more intelligent than their leaders, and it's saddening.

This is my decision. I'M GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH MY SUPPORT AND VOTE this coming elections. MY PREFERRED CANDIDATES DON'T NECESSARY HAVE TO WIN!

you don't have any names
you will still choose among these crooks
even not voting is a vote for whoever wins. stop dreaming that messiah will fall from heaven
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nigeriadondie: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
360command:
that girl, I don't argue with them.. That is why buhari said they are for the other room...
She is of no worth. Pidgin2 is less than a human. That dog on her profile pic is more sensible than her.
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by 360command: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

She is of no worth. Pidgin2 is less than a human. That dog on her profile pic is more sensible than her.
wow!!!
Re: 80 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

My mother is of no worth. She is less than a human. That dog on pidgin2 profile pic is more sensible than her.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Declares November 18 Public Holiday In Honour Of Zik / Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba / Abaribe: 2018 Budget Totally Fictitious… Already Dead On Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.