Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria (5501 Views)

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
The saga continues . . . . .
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Madam Viptoilet ( Apparently I can't seem to let this one go),

THANK YOU for being an HONEST NIGERIAN here! grin Thank you for stating the truth that so many are already too willing to "wiggle around the OBVIOUS FACTS" just so they can continue playing "My side against your side" games on their own selves.

lol  cheesy  cheesy

You are quiet welcome madam ROTFLMAO! grin

I still see nothing wrong with the VIP toilets anyway. They were afterall specs for the MDGs!  undecided
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
nigeria drama,no message,always same old crap
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

I agree with, but not entirely. I guess the problem we all had with her was the convenince and timing of her declarations. She sure managed to wake up from her slumber to voice her 'personal opinions' at a point where she was very sure the President wasn't coming back.  undecided  undecided

I don't see anything wrong with that.
You waited for your president to show up, he didn't, then she said let's put in an acting president to fill the vacuum. What's wrong with that? If timing is the problem, is this the first time Yaradua went for a leave? Anyone would have expected him to come back sooner based on his usual trips to Saudi arabia. She voiced out when he didn't show up, what's wrong with that?
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by adebayosun02: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
this woman shld be vry careful dz days cos she z bcoming a POLITICIANS with bad intensions who tend nt 2av the intrest of the masses @heart anymore angry
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
stillwater:

You waited for your president to show up, he didn't, then she said let's put in an acting president to fill the vacuum. What's wrong with that? If timing is the problem, is this the first time Yaradua went for a leave? Anyone would have expected him to come back sooner based on his usual trips to Saudi arabia. She voiced out when he didn't show up, what's wrong with that?

From November 26th to February 3rd? She waited for Yar adua to show up and he didn’t?

The man already pooed on the nation from way back in December when he did not show up after 14 days. What else was she waiting for?  

He snubbed the people when he refused to communicate the situation all December, and even January. He slapped all of Nigeria when he decided to bypass his press secretary and go straight to the BBC to announce he was coming back. Why was she still waiting for him to show up? Why? Was She his KEEPER or something?

I mean why was she not doing her job as an employee of the Nation and not Yar adua’s housegal? Why WAIT for him when it was not part of her job’s description to wait for the president BEFORE doing her job as a civil servant?

By the way, what exactly did she say that Nigerians had not already know of before Yar adua left the country? Why did she wait till after Nigerians started protesting in the thousands to make her stand?

Why did she wait till exactly 7 days before the vote by the FEC, which she happens to be a part of, on whether to go ahead and install Jonathan as Acting President or not?

You tell us you do not see anything wrong in all this, then I ask that you at least be willing to apply the same when accessing every other politician in Nigeria, because we can plead along the same lines for the likes of Bankole, Iwu, Yar adua, Mark, etc And they would all become saints overnight just by your doing that.

Imagine you were the host of Larry King live for one day and you had to interview her, don't you think these are some of the questions you would want to tackle in order to maybe clear yourself in your being quick to brush aside the events of the last almost 5 months and make sure your thoughts of her are in line with her true reality? She was NEVER a victim in all this. WE, the Nigerian people were, but now I am rethinking even that.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Ninapha(f): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dora My G!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by ursa: 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
@kobojunkie
Easy to ask questions and make comments !

Can u stand up to an ordinary lecturer in the school
or
Stand up to a boss in your office
or
Stand up to a person with a gun to your head.

Dora has done much more than all these.
Do not judge her. Do your own bit so that at least nija will hear your story.
Create your own history instead of sounding tough behind a computer screen.

Remember while we type on the keyboard, we are doing nothing but sitting on our butts.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
stillwater:

whats wrong with it is that she dared to speak up instead of sitting back and taking orders from everybody claiming to have seen Yar'adua. This people criticising her are masking their real anger into something else.

Ask yourself, of the 42 ministers why are we maligning the only minister who dared to speak while giving the remaining 41 a free pass?

Ignore kobojunkie, she will never argue her positions honestly. Most times when she speaks, she totally means a totally different sets of things and you can only decode where she is headed if you know her history and values.

This woman spent years on Nairaland denying that she is a woman. So don't engage her in a worthless ping pong debate because most times her arguments never reflect her real agenda.

She is what you can decribe as a Guerilla-Pundit who uses a totally different argument to achieve something else.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2010
ursa:

@kobojunkie
Easy to ask questions and make comments !
Can u stand up to an ordinary lecturer in the school
or
Stand up to a boss in your office
or
Stand up to a person with a gun to your head.

I don’t know what MY PERSONAL experience, which you have no knowledge of, has to do with anything here. We are speaking of the woman’s own record here, look it up for yourself as she served as your employee for over a year.
what has MY PERSONAL LIFE to do with Dora’s Record as Minister of Communication in a Nigerian Democracy?
ursa:

Dora has done much more than all these.

Did She tell you this? Are you implying that Dora claimed someone put a gun to her head for her to have  performed as she did since appointment in 2008? Who put the gun to her head and when? Please TELL THE TRUTH

ursa:

Do not judge her. Do your own bit so that at least nija will hear your story.

I have to judge her by her own record. Afterall she is a CIVIL SERVANT, OUR EMPLOYEE. what has MY PERSONAL LIFE to do with Dora’s Record as Minister of Communication in a Nigerian Democracy?

ursa:

Create your own history instead of sounding tough behind a computer screen.

Remember while we type on the keyboard, we are doing nothing but sitting on our butts.

Again, what has MY PERSONAL LIFE to do with Dora’s Record as Minister of Communication in a Nigerian Democracy? If you are not MATURE enough to debate your side without trying to DRAG your opponent’s PERSONAL LiFE in some attempt to score some brownie points for yourself, then please, do not bother getting into debates where MATURITY are considered prerequisites.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Mikeansy, you do realize that when you attack my PERSON instead of attacking the main argument, you continue to invalidate your own side of the debate and any points you have ever made on the issue? Just letting you know this is all.

I would think that after all these years on here, you would have at least matured to the point where you understand that personal attacks do not help anyone win debates, and is essentially just a show of immaturity and dishonesty. Again, Take your focus AWAY FROM THE PERSON you are debating with and FOCUS On the ISSUE at hand! @StillWater is mature enough to know who she should debate with or not; She is not one of those who you SHOULD tell what to do or not do on here. If you at least LEARN FROM HER EXAMPLE, it would go a long way in helping you with your arguments.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Mikeansy, you do realize that when you attack my PERSON instead of attacking the main argument, you continue to invalidate your own side of the debate and any points you have ever made on the issue? Just letting you know this is all. I would think that after all these years on here, you would have at least matured to the point where you understand that personal attacks does not help anyone win debates, and is essentially just a show of immaturity.

Its not up to you to define for everyone else what qualifies as maturity. You can not continue to make condescending arguments as if Nairaland is filled with 2year olds and then turn around to lecture us on maturity.

My question to you is simple. How many threads have you started to question the character of the remaining 41 Ministers who kept mute? And have still not spoken on this issue as we speak?

Otherwise find another credible reason to criticise Dora Akunyili than telling me that she is worse of than everyone else in our struggle for Justice because she presented a memo after 60 days. Who says it was her duty to present this memo from day one? Any Minister could have presented that memo but no one else but Dora did. So whats the point of your argument? In answering this question please once again be reminded that Nairaland is not an electronic Kindagarten.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
stillwater:

Good one my dear!!!
Don't mind all these Senator Kanti loyalists. They have all been to shame with Dora's approval. They will surely try but they will also surely fail.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2010
mikeansy:

Its not up to you to define for everyone else what qualifies as maturity. You can not continue to make condescending arguments as if Nairaland is filled with 2year olds and then turn around to lecture us on maturity.

mikeansy:

Ignore kobojunkie, she will never argue her positions honestly. Most times when she speaks, she totally means a totally different sets of things and you can only decode where she is headed if you know her history and values.

This woman spent years on Nairaland denying that she is a woman . [b]So don't engage her in a worthless ping pong debate because most times her arguments never reflect her real agenda.[/b]She is what you can decribe as a Guerilla-Pundit who uses a totally different argument to achieve something else.

Am I the one who made the statements above? You speak of CONDESCENDING arguments, Are you sure you are not mistaking me for yourself here? MAKING UP LIES and PUTTING ME DOWN only because I DO NOT CONTINUE TO SEE THINGS AS YOU DO. EVEN GOING as far as trying to Genderize it all, are you sure I am the one with CONDESCENDING arguments here?

I didn't make up the rules for debate. I am simply a follower of what I met here and I only hope more and more Nigerians, on here and off would do same, rather than resort of ATTACKING each other when they do not get their way.

mikeansy:

My question to you is simple. How many threads have you started to question the character of the remaining 41 Ministers who kept mute? And have still not spoken on this issue as we speak?

I ANSWERED THAT QUESTION IN CLEAR WORDS IN A SEPARATE THREAD WHERE YOU ASKED ME THAT THOUGH. Why are you here pretending I did not?

mikeansy:

Otherwise find another credible reason to criticise Dora Akunyili than telling me that she is worse of than everyone else in our struggle for Justice because she presented a memo after 60 days. Who says it was her duty to present this memo from day one? Any Minister could have presented that memo but no one else but Dora did. So whats the point of your argument? In answering this question please once again be reminded that Nairaland is not an electronic Kindagarten.

I don’t need ANOTHER CREDIBLE REASON TO STATE THAT I QUESTION HER INTERGRITY basing it all on HER OWN RECORDS. I have yet to MAKE UP A SINGLE THING I have put forth so far on the EVENTS OF THE LAST 4 months alone. What other reason do I need?

We are DEBATING her OWN RECORDS, not someone elses, so please let us focus on the issue at hand. Anyways, I think I have tried enough with you.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by chosen04(f): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

1) From November 26th to February 3rd? She waited for Yar adua to show up and he didn’t?

2) The man already pooed on the nation from way back in December when he did not show up after 14 days. What else was she waiting for?

3) He snubbed the people when he refused to communicate the situation all December, and even January. He slapped all of Nigeria when he decided to bypass his press secretary and go straight to the BBC to announce he was coming back. Why was she still waiting for him to show up? Why?
4) Was She his KEEPER or something?

5) I mean why was she not doing her job as an employee of the Nation and not Yar adua’s housegal? Why WAIT for him when it was not part of her job’s description to wait for the president BEFORE doing her job as a civil servant?

6) By the way, what exactly did she say that Nigerians had not already know of before Yar adua left the country? Why did she wait till after Nigerians started protesting in the thousands to make her stand?

7) Why did she wait till exactly 7 days before the vote by the FEC, which she happens to be a part of, on whether to go ahead and install Jonathan as Acting President or not?

You tell us you do not see anything wrong in all this, then I ask that you at least be willing to apply the same when accessing every other politician in Nigeria, because we can plead along the same lines for the likes of Bankole, Iwu, Yar adua, Mark, etc And they would all become saints overnight just by your doing that.

Imagine you were the host of Larry King live for one day and you had to interview her, don't you think these are some of the questions you would want to tackle in order to maybe clear yourself in your being quick to brush aside the events of the last almost 5 months and make sure your thoughts of her are in line with her true reality? She was NEVER a victim in all this. WE, the Nigerian people were, but now I am rethinking even that.

So many questions and no answers.

IWU should also be hailed since the conducted at least a "fair" election in Anambra State?

I laff at blind support and heroic worship in this country especially by youths who ought to know better.

[s]Father 4give them cos they are blind supporters[/s]
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2010
Good one @Chosen. I don't see people hailing Iwu though. I remember on one thread I did that and not more than two other people echoed that. Almost immediately, we were back to Iwu is bad/devil/meant for hell/Jesus christ will never forgive him/ God will punish iwu/We Judge Iwu as the devil etc. Yet this same man made sure the Anambra election was a fair one. Roflmao!!! Why doesn't he qualify as a hero? Why aren't we OVERLOOKING his past records? lol
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
Standards are relative

That you are debating Dora's records does not mean you can hold her to a totally different sets of standards while either keeping mute on the standards of the remaining 41ministers or not considering them at all.

Dora Akunyili is not the begining and end of Government, she as a minister has 41 colleagues who could have acted on this Yar'adua issue. If you are debating her records on the Yar'adua issue fairness demands that you discuss it relative to the remaining 41 ministers who had as much duty as herself to act.

She does not have any special duty to act on the Yar'adua debacle.
She gave the President (who she has described on numerous occassion as her personal friend) and his handlers the benefit of the doubt to advice Ministers on the true state of Yar'adua's health but this people refused to rise to the occassion. She simply advised her fellow Ministers when it was obvious that even though they did not have access to Yar'adua's medical condition something must be wrong to have meant that the President is holed up for that long. Even at that her fellow Ministers were still scared to act.

What is wrong with her role?

Look I have said it and I will say it again, if you have anything against Dora Akunyili say so.

Your current argument does not add up and it is suspect.

Dora Akunyili did not have a special responsibility to resolve the Yar'adua debacle. You can not criticise her for speaking up after 60days when you have not criticised those are have yet to even speak at all. You can't hold her to a totally different sets of standards while holding everyone else to another lower sets of standards.

YOUR POSITIONS ON THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SUSPECT AND YOU SOUND A LOT LIKE SENATOR KANTI BELLO
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by chosen04(f): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
@kobojunkie, it beats my imagination why people cant decode that DORA & IWU are on same ship only trying desperatly to hang to any "mere opportunity" to survive.

Infact, those who can hail DORA and not hail IWU are dis-loyal to the President who appointed him and whose support he still enjoys as well as the Nigeria who the president loves so much.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
mikeansy:

Standards are relative

That you are debating Dora's records does not mean you can hold her to a totally different sets of standards while either keeping mute on the standards of the remaining 41ministers or not considering them at all.
What totally different standards would that be? Can you show where you get this line of reasoning from? It is one thing to QUOTE someone and another to MAKE-UP your mind about someone applying MADE-UP reasoning.

By the way, what standards are relative? At least many people have been HONEST ENOUGH to admit the only reason they are willing to overlook her poor record as communication minister since December 2008 is because they no longer want to hold it all against her because of what she supposedly did on Feb 3rd. It may not make sense but it is honest admission. If you however want to be FAIR in your judgment and consider her RECORD, then tells us why she should not be judged in much the same way as the other ministers should? If you applied fair Judgement, then be willing to tell us Iwu should also recieve a Hallo for the job he did in Anambra in the same month.

mikeansy:

Dora Akunyili is not the begining and end of Government, she as a minister has 41 colleagues who could have acted on this Yar'adua issue. If you are debating her records on the Yar'adua issue fairness demands that you discuss it relative to the remaining 41 ministers who had as much duty as herself to act.

But my argument has been that her record does not show her HERO or REINSTATEMENT material.  If we were PRAISING AND CHEERING ON any of the other 41 ministers, and maybe playing the JESUS/God card, I would state the same. I don’t understand why you keep harping on this when any person knows by now that it is not that I am LIFTING-UP the other 41 over her. She is the ONE being LIFTED-UP Over the other 41 and I’ m simply are asking IF SHE DESERVES to be LIFTED-ABOVE the others, considering her record. She was ONE OF THEM, BY LIFT her above the others here? What has she done to DESERVE such?

mikeansy:

She does not have any special duty to act on the Yar'adua debacle.
She was NEVER called to do that either.

mikeansy:

She gave the President (who she has described on numerous occassion as her personal friend) and his handlers the benefit of the doubt to advice Ministers on the true state of Yar'adua's health but this people refused to rise to the occassion. She simply advised her fellow Ministers when it was obvious that even though they did not have access to Yar'adua's medical condition something must be wrong to have meant that the President is holed up for that long. Even at that her fellow Ministers were still scared to act.

It was obvious that no one had access from way back in December.  It is obvious that her sudden change of mind came after Nigerian people started to protest en mass, and 7 days from the final voting on installing Jonathan or not.

mikeansy:

What is wrong with her role?
I am certain that the Position of Minister of Communication is a very good one. So, I don’t see anything wrong with anyone taking that role.

mikeansy:

Look I have said it and I will say it again, if you have anything against Dora Akunyili say so.
Dude, Stop Making this about YOU. I have asked the same questions, of YOU, over and over. Dora is NOt your Personal property; Dora chose to become a Public agent, a civil servant. So I have every right to critic the record of any public agent by law. If you have no answers to any of my questions so far, that is fine. But trying OVER AND OVER to bring YOU and your PERSONAL BIAS or whatever into it, does not

a) Answer my questions
b) Make her Records DISAPPEAR into thing air

mikeansy:

Your current argument does not add up and it is suspect.

Dora Akunyili did not have a special responsibility to resolve the Yar'adua debacle. You can not criticise her for speaking up after 60days when you have not criticised those are have yet to even speak at all. You can't hold her to a totally different sets of standards while holding everyone else to another lower sets of standards.

YOUR POSITIONS ON THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SUSPECT AND YOU SOUND A LOT LIKE SENATOR KANTI BELLO
If you believe my argument does not add up, then SIMPLY state what part you question. No need to make it about my PERSON. All you have to do is using Dora’s own record, show us what does not add up. It is really that simple!

There is NO LAW that says I must criticize those who did  not speak up in 60 days or not. There is no provision for that even in the constitution. As a matter of fact, If you have actually followed the events since December, you would not even make the statement you make above. I criticized the FEC on so many occasions. Nairaland archives will educate you on my words on this. I criticized Jonathan himself for not asserting himself even more. I criticized the senators for sitting back and letting Yar adua continue. Even though it is no prerequisite at all, what has that to do with my ability as a citizen to judge the record of ANY public officer?
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
All these pro-akunyili should just go and sit down with their watery defence jare.so many offpoint comments in here.
***exit thread with maximum speed***
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by brown50: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
pls help me unlock my moderm pls
imea=353474023285034
sn= D85TAA1910810645
model EG162G
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by brown50: 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
pls CAN ANYBODY help me unlock my moderm pls
imea=353474023285034
sn= D85TAA1910810645
model EG162G
I SHALL APPRECIATE IT
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
nigeria is such a mess. 42 ministers were so dumbstruck. zombies of unknown powers and by extension creating a nation of 150 million zombies. then one zombie stood up and spoke out. triggering a series of events that led to some form of common sense in the fed govt, and the zombie is under attack for trying to exit zombieworld.

how come nobody is talking about the 41 ministers who just sat there or even supported or even gained from the fiasco called fed govt of nigeria.

message, nigeria is going nowhere. it is not a course, not a spiritual prediction, just common sense statement like saying tomorow will be 1st april and day after that 2nd april.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

From November 26th to February 3rd? She waited for Yar adua to show up and he didn’t?

The man already pooed on the nation from way back in December when he did not show up after 14 days. What else was she waiting for?  

He snubbed the people when he refused to communicate the situation all December, and even January. He slapped all of Nigeria when he decided to bypass his press secretary and go straight to the BBC to announce he was coming back. Why was she still waiting for him to show up? Why? Was She his KEEPER or something?

Waiting so as not to speak too soon. How many people had substantial information about his whereabouts? Wouldn't it be hasty to speak when you had few information? I bet if she had spoken earlier, many people would still have castigated her. Some people even think the time she talked was too soon. What is late for you is early for many people.  Beside that, it is her prerogative to question her earlier stance of keeping quiet and speaking out even if many people see it as late or for mere convenience forgetting this is a country that one can be assassinated for talking too much. Why do you think the other ministers kept quiet. Is it because of loyality or fear of putting their lives in danger? As a literate woman, she would have put all these into consideration before voicing out. Which person would stake her life just to be noticed?

I mean why was she not doing her job as an employee of the Nation and not Yar adua’s housegal? Why WAIT for him when it was not part of her job’s description to wait for the president BEFORE doing her job as a civil servant?  

By the way, what exactly did she say that Nigerians had not already know of before Yar adua left the country? Why did she wait till after Nigerians started protesting in the thousands to make her stand?

If what she said has no weight why are we discussing this issue now? Why are you fixated on her case?  And what did Nigerians protest that people in government hadn't thought?

Why did she wait till exactly 7 days before the vote by the FEC, which she happens to be a part of, on whether to go ahead and install Jonathan as Acting President or not?

So you think my position towards Dora is an issue of who is capable of attaining sainthood? Is she begging to be called a saint by you? Did these people voice out pertaining to the issue we are discussing right now? Is there something I don't know?

Who is calling her a victim? If she gave you answers why she had waited, they wont still be enough because you have already resorted that everything she did was out of personal interest. There was a thread of her interview here maybe you can read that i.e if you have already read it. If you still maintain your position, no problem. I still see nothing wrong in Dora changing her stance when information about the president was not forthcoming.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by onyengbu1(m): 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

All these pro-akunyili should just go and sit down with their watery defence jare.so many offpoint comments in here.
***exit thread with maximum speed***

The happy thing about all this is that she has been confirmed and people like you are roasting here.
brown50:

pls CAN ANYBODY help me unlock my moderm pls
imea=353474023285034
sn= D85TAA1910810645
model EG162G
I SHALL APPRECIATE IT

With the way you are spamming this thread, they locked it for a very good reason, i guess.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
@onye ngbu,
this your signature na wa o . . . hoha . . na wa o . . . grin grin grin even ur name sef worry
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by brown50: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2010
imea=353474023285034
sn= D85TAA1910810645
model EG162G
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by brown50: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
imea=353474023285034
sn= D85TAA1910810645
model EG162G
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
Otele Mgbeke sounds very appealing grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
my brother how i for do now cool
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by bobokelly(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
Well i don't expect Dora to come back for any ministerial post , its seems, she also benefit something in that post , otherwise she would have rejected her second offers. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
stillwater:

Waiting so as not to speak too soon. How many people had substantial information about his whereabouts? Wouldn't it be hasty to speak when you had few information?
NOBODY had substantial information, and I am certain she knew this from the get go. It was no secret. After the 14th day, the man had OVERSTAYED the allowed amount by the constitution.
After the court gave the FEC the 14 day ultimatum on the 22nd of January?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8474669.stm

stillwater:

I bet if she had spoken earlier, many people would still have castigated her. Some people even think the time she talked was too soon. What is late for you is early for many people.
Castigated her? Maybe? I cannot speak for that which never happened really. She spoke too soon? I don’t think it is the case that she was late in speaking out. If she had waited till june to speak out, that is still on her.
But the extent to which we have taken that action is where I wonder if we do this because we NEED a savior, or we are doing this because we are FAIR in judging the situation. People speak up on issues worldwide. Someone blew the whistle on the Bush administration and the WMD issue. I don’t think he was ever made a hero for that. He is probably still unemployed for all we know and I don’t think the American people considered him a hero for doing the obvious.

stillwater:

Beside that, it is her prerogative to question her earlier stance of keeping quiet and speaking out even if many people see it as late or for mere convenience forgetting this is a country that one can be assassinated for talking too much.
Actually, how many MINISTERS/EXECUTIVES have been assassinated in the last 10 years, let alone 2 years for doing the right thing? Aren’t we playing into the hands of these politicians by believing that those who do their jobs well would be killed for it? No seriously HOW MANY?

stillwater:

Why do you think the other ministers kept quiet. Is it because of loyality or fear of putting their lives in danger?
Again, we play into their hands when we BELIEVE that there is some threat on their life or something IF they do things right in Nigeria.  She did change her mind, right? The same FEC members (which she happened to be one of) changed their minds in the end, right? What happened to the death threats? Did it suddenly disappear?

And by the way, how do you know the other ministers kept quiet? Are you sure she is the FIRST minister to decide that making Jonathan acting might be a good idea? I did look back in the archives on Google, and noticed that late January, what Akunyili did was actually push for the FEC to require a Letter from Yar adua. Yes, she suggested the FEC push to have the president sign a letter so power can be shifted to Jonathan.

stillwater:

As a literate woman, she would have put all these into consideration before voicing out. Which person would stake her life just to be noticed?

But she did it. Everyother person on the FEC is literate too. Are you saying she is the only one who would have considered that?  Please, where is this threat? Remember Ekiti? The 74 year old grandma who claimed her life was threatened only to back track a couple of days later and essentially damn the whole of Ekiti? Remember Dora’s act in that too? If you believe the whole DANGER line of reasoning, then what stops one from believing that the old woman’s life may have been threatened by Dora and her cabal back then?

stillwater:

If what she said has no weight why are we discussing this issue now? Why are you fixated on her case?  And what did Nigerians protest that people in government hadn't thought?

What she said was NOTHING; NO NEW TRUTH was said, and NO NEW revelations were MADE. So why are you willing to overlook her atrocious record as a Minister to support her reinstatement? Why the PIZZAZZ; why is she being offered a shining armor for finally doing the job she was hired to do as a minister? Why? What exactly happened that day? She, as communication minister knowing a vote was coming up, advised her fellow ministers to allow Jonathan as acting President, after demanding earlier that a letter was needed(according to the constitution) for that to happen.

stillwater:

So you think my position towards Dora is an issue of who is capable of attaining sainthood? Is she begging to be called a saint by you? Did these people voice out pertaining to the issue we are discussing right now? Is there something I don't know?

I don’t think your position is anything of the sort. I am simply asking how her current status FITS in with her ACTUAL record as a MINISTER. Does this one hOORAY which you claim merit REINSTATEMENT? Or is REINSTATEMENT not supposed to be based on RECORD?

stillwater:

Who is calling her a victim? If she gave you answers why she had waited, they wont still be enough because you have already resorted that everything she did was out of personal interest. There was a thread of her interview here maybe you can read that i.e if you have already read it. If you still maintain your position, no problem. I still see nothing wrong in Dora changing her stance when information about the president was not forthcoming.
@StillWater, I see politicians as EMPLOYEES of the people. Unless she is mother Theresa, she is likely to do a lot for personal interest. She even LOBBIED to get reinstated. If that is not PERSONAL interest, I don’t know what else is. I am not asking for her interview, I am asking of how her words LINE up with her RECORD. Anyone can say anything in an interview but when RECORDS are presented and you answer along those lines, and then we are talking.

I read the interview and the questions. I was not shocked that they were not even asked real serious questions. You get grilled even more if you were interviewing for a sales job in Wal-Mart than you are for a job as minister in Nigeria, if you ask me. 

Essentially, what I am saying is she showed, as Minister of Communication that she was not good for the job, going by her record, sure she may have done good when she finally changed her mind and you can give her a gold medal for that, but that should NOT erase the fact that she showed by her own record that she is not good candidate for the ministry and her RECORD proves it.

Think about it this way. If you had an employee who has been doing a very poor job for so long, then one day, he saves the life of a customer; does that mean that employee suddenly becomes a good employee, even when your record shows that same person has cost your business thousands during his employ? Is that reason enough for you to want to keep that employee on knowing you risk the same as you have always gotten from him/her? Would you give him/her a good Job review on his next employee review because he saved a customer’s life? How about just giving him, say $1000 and a medal and then sending him on his way so you can save your business money and maybe have him go find where he is of best fit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When A Petrol Attendant At Con oil Filling Station Shouted SAI BUHARI (photos) / BBC Mentioned Biafra 55 African Country / Estimated 2023 election results for apc,pdp,lp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.