Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,568 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. (30714 Views)

GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List / Canadian Governor General, Explains Why Nigeria Must Own Comm Satellite / "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by tommynico(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sirheny007:

You live in a world of illusions.
The worst thing a man can do is to lie to himself.
Keep lying unto thyself.

Contrary to your thoughts, those same illusions are very true. Nigerians lack patriotism, although I won't blame us because our leadership have failed us woefully.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by msbbash(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
Dsov2016:

dude look at nigeria's force projection capacity in the 70s,80s,90s and even early 2000s under obj. there is a reason naija has always been chair of peace keeping missions. if you know the number of our soldiers and police in peace keeping operations it would baffle you. the prob has been the idiotic set of leaders and their advisers with no clear foreign policy thrust rather we have leaders fluctuating like leaf in a storm about their foreign policy. it was naija that spearheaded most of the independence of African nations. infact I remember reading one of my grandfather's 1960somrlething newspaper were naija was fighting with France that they should leave Africa alone and not test their nuclear weapons in africa
on point 100%
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by ooshinibos: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
lets be honest , Nigeria is disgrace to the black race , we put all our hope in Nigeria until now , you have disappointed beyond expectation , the plan was that Nigeria will be a template for development but you have not delivered hence the hate towards Nigeria ,its your lack of development, so much have been endowed to Nigeria but you deliver nothing ( hence most Nigerians migrated via Libya ,this is utter disgrace and mayhem ) , look your infrastructures , am not going to start , even ordinary electricity you refused to generate even though you are blessed with oil and gas , please don't blame corruption , its your mentality that have crippled you , we don't regard you as a leader in Africa and you have nothing to offer ...

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Dsov2016: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

Just imagine your comment.

Don't you know that as the largest African nation, largest nation of black people in the world, also with the largest economy. ...... Nigeria owes the black race, both here in Africa and around the world and also the African continent a lot of responsibilities? Yes we do! .......and as it currently stands, we have woefully failed in our responsibilities!

Your comment can be likened to that of a senior son who says "what is my business with the success of my family". So unfortunate. This is the kind of mentality that has kept the black african race at the ground and made us the laughing stock of the world.

truth. most naija do not know that our actions rub on other black people. if you ask any foreigner to name an African country they will always mention Nigeria. that's why I said that the failure is on the part of our idiotic leaders. in terms of foreign policy obj was the best among Democratic leaders. the rest onluly know how to steal money and disgrace themselves on media forgetting the world is a global village. only a visionary Nigerian leader would see that leading and uplifting this country will do the same for Africa. but prob is that the world powers would not let this be because they know what Africa is that's why they call it the new frontier remember the USA was once known as the new frontier that's why they have divvied us up, they are systematically colononizing us through our resources. this is the new age colonialism u can see it with what China has done to Zimbabwe, what India has done to S/A, what France is doing to other francophone countries. look at what they gave done to the ruling class. they convince them to sell their resources for pittance(bribe) and then make them invest it in their own economies and still tax them, so they are essentially getting our resources for free and even making money/duping the political elites. if Nigeria does not wake up to its role and end this disguised slavery we the younger generations will live to regret it. it would be similar to what happens in communities in Nigeria where the elders would sell all their land for money which would be spent leaving their children to become tenants or worse destitute

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by ooshinibos: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
desreek9:
The truth is we can boost of being the giant of africa during obasanjo and yar adua's regime not anymore because of the clueless ones we've had in power since then.

The west doesnt want we africans to progress, they want us to lick their ass continuously and be referred to as third world country to put us in our place. I remember when the news of the gold currency by gaddafi for africa was circulating, my dad said we shud watch and see how america wud quash it, that is exactly wat happened.

op ur right, but we need to be able to stand alone and reclaim being the giant of africa before we can make any move at all.
lets be honest , Nigeria is disgrace to the black race , we put all our hope in Nigeria until now , you have disappointed beyond expectation , the plan was that Nigeria will be a template for development but you have not delivered hence the hate towards Nigeria ,its your lack of development, so much have been endowed to Nigeria but you deliver nothing ( hence most Nigerians migrated via Libya ,this is utter disgrace and mayhem ) , look your infrastructures , am not going to start , even ordinary electricity you refused to generate even though you are blessed with oil and gas , please don't blame corruption , its your mentality that have crippled you , we don't regard you as a leader in Africa and you have nothing to offer ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by ooshinibos: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Dsov2016: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
romme2u:

who told you that Libya is made up of only Arabs.

just imagine. well i guess the guy nor day read newspapers under the time of obj. I remember then watching on nta when Gaddafi came to naija and was canvassing for naija's support for single African currency and an AU that would promote for more integration than even EU that is truly pan African nation with one voice to the rest of the world and the first step was a single African currency along with reorganization of the au. like or hate Gaddafi the man was a pan- africanist
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Dsov2016: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Idrismusty97:
We should be more concerned about OUR welfare, OUR economy instead of carrying the burden of the entire black race. As the saying goes, Remove the log from your eyes first. We are not ready to be world leaders or even African leaders until we improve ourselves. If i was a leader my priority would be spending Nigerian money on Nigerians not feeding some poor kids in some faraway nation, Inviting problems that could be otherwise avoided. I will cooperate with France, The west and even North Korea if that will mean economic uplifting for Nigerians. What we need is mutual symbiotic relationship and a Win-Win situation, Not a one sided relationship. We must first solve our problems at least 90% before we think of solving other people problems. If Nigeria falls into a crisis like Libya we will never get out, Our generations will continue to suffer for decades. We can use western and France Domination against them.

what I believe the op is talking about is that this is where we should be as against where we are at now so that we can work towards that. if a child does not want to learn just point had m at where his mates are and where he should be. that will ginger him to work harde

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by davillian(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Any western country that pounce on Nigeria ehn we won't survive 48hrs cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Boko haram and common fulani criminals our army can't shut them down for how many years now.
France will turn Nigeria to desert. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Lilimax(f): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
tit:
You wan die throway.
You never kick forein fulani terrorist comot, na france you wan kick
smiley
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by LordAdam16: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
989900:
Can't people just air their opinions without being disrespectful?

The OP was only looking for inputs . . . we don't all have to agree, but we can sure contribute meaningfully.

He has raised valid points, well maybe not all agreeable, but that is the whole essence of discussions in a forum.

Most times, it's always people with limited knowledge about a particular subject-matter that patronise the insult route to mask their deficiency.

The OP is a defense blogger and is well-known for his Francophobia.

Certainly, Nigeria needs to take charge of her and lead from the front in Africa.

But Nigeria as it stands is not ready for that. We are still heavily controlled by Downing Street. And there're eight Francophone countries in West Africa. All of them have permanent French military installations and their governments are practically controlled from Paris.

He makes it sound like we have what it takes currently to send France parking. That's shocking.

Whether Nigeria likes it or not, Africa is still divvied up between the English, French, and the Arabs. If we've done so little with the concessions given us, we shouldn't expect them to give us any more concessions. And if we try to take it forcefully without developing first, it'd be a massive disaster.

Look at India. Since Independence, they were under the shadow of the British. In the last 15 years, they've severed those puppet strings subtly and sublimely. Today they have a larger economy than the UK and are on track to have a stronger military than the UK before 2050.

Nigeria must follow a similar route. And until then, threads like this are hogwash from a lunatic.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by omoelerin1: 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
babadee1:
Nigeria has enough problems of its own, we don't have the wherewithal to play big brother on the subcontinent any longer. As far as tackling France is concerned, you should ask Obasanjo why he quickly agreed to cede the Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon after a phone call from the then French President Jacques Chirac.
You were there when French President made the a phone call to OBJ.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by musicwriter(m): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
That vision can't be realized unless we discard the colonial education we inherited from Europeans. Just look at how many people on here who thinks this's an impossible task!.

As long as our education was invented by white man, our God invented by white man, our legal framework invented by white man, our cars and phones imported from white man, for so long shall we worship white people, for so long shall Ghadaffi's dream not be realized.

Only a system of education invented by us will create a mass of African elites who will seek Ghadaffi's dream by ourselves as a people. This's really the BIGGEST threat to the west.

Haiti was the first country in the world to imagine something like Ghadaffi's vission during the days of plantation slavery in st, Doming, Haiti in the mid 1700's. When black slaves began protesting demanding their freedom, the then French leader Napoleon Bonarepat made it clear that anything that would lead black masses to think outside of the colonial box must be stopped by all means, because if allowed it would create black population who can think outside the box.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nowenuse: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Dsov2016:

truth. most naija do not know that our actions rub on other black people. if you ask any foreigner to name an African country they will always mention Nigeria. that's why I said that the failure is on the part of our idiotic leaders. in terms of foreign policy obj was the best among Democratic leaders. the rest onluly know how to steal money and disgrace themselves on media forgetting the world is a global village. only a visionary Nigerian leader would see that leading and uplifting this country will do the same for Africa. but prob is that the world powers would not let this be because they know what Africa is that's why they call it the new frontier remember the USA was once known as the new frontier that's why they have divvied us up, they are systematically colononizing us through our resources. this is the new age colonialism u can see it with what China has done to Zimbabwe, what India has done to S/A, what France is doing to other francophone countries. look at what they gave done to the ruling class. they convince them to sell their resources for pittance(bribe) and then make them invest it in their own economies and still tax them, so they are essentially getting our resources for free and even making money/duping the political elites. if Nigeria does not wake up to its role and end this disguised slavery we the younger generations will live to regret it. it would be similar to what happens in communities in Nigeria where the elders would sell all their land for money which would be spent leaving their children to become tenants or worse destitute

True, personally, i have lost hope in this generation of leaders. Things like this ought to serve as a clarion call to the youths of this present generation. For us to know that truly a lot is expected of us. We just cannot afford to fail our own children as our parents have failed us.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by lebete3000: 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
tit:
You wan die throway.
You never kick forein fulani terrorist comot, na france you wan kick

Lmao! The dude doesn't know Independence was given to most Africans on a platter of gild as an act of Mercy. What this means is that we'll forever be at the mercy of the Caucasians cos they're miles ahead of us.

We would have even had hope if we were a serious continent, but instead we'll rather prefer to embezzled money and end up depositing it in foreign countries we are hoping to compete with only for those ones to seize it again and dictate to us how to spend our money, with the conditions on returned loot in mind...

Forget Africa jarey, we'll remain slaves until God delivers us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by saibop(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jesse01:
who cares about africa not me, Nigerian should mind her business after all Nigeria is not d only africa country.
This country is still backward because of people like you
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
saibop:

This country is still backward because of people like you
wat da f*ck is ur problem must u quote me

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by babadee1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
omoelerin1:
You were there when French President made the a phone call to OBJ.

No. But I was told by people who were there.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by aki33: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
I second you there. According to the report from essaytyper.pro the majority of France's electricity is provided by nuclear power; the uranium comes from Mali's mines. But what does Mali get in return? I would say much. This dominance of Europeans over Africa should be stopped. They are just stopping Africa from evolving!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Habyz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jesse01:
who cares about africa not me, Nigerian should mind her business after all Nigeria is not d only africa country.
We (the reasonable Africans) care. Stop embarrassing your country.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

There are some of them that hate us and some of them like us. It's not a one way thing.
Besides, i think many of them may hate us because of the stupid and criminal characters our government display abroad.
Fixed.

Nigeria is a place filled with votes sellers(corrupt electorates) and votes buyers(corrupt government officials and politicians) in every election seasons. So how are you expecting good development from Nigeria that was created through lies and corrupt foundation?

Nigeria is dead Africa area.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

True, personally, i have lost hope in this generation of leaders. Things like this ought to serve as a clarion call to the youths of this present generation. For us to know that truly a lot is expected of us. We just cannot afford to fail our own children as our parents have failed us.

Until Nigerians stop selling or exchanging their votes to corrupt government officials that wants to sit tight in power during every elections, I will never take Nigeria seriously nor to believe in Nigeria and its leaders. Name one African country president came to Nigeria to gossiping his her country past governments the way this present government president and his officials are doing?

Buhari as the president of Nigeria will be going to destroyed Nigeria image internationally thinking that they are doing PDP and Jonathan's regime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by ibietela2(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
Na wa oooo
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by romme2u: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
Dsov2016:

just imagine. well i guess the guy nor day read newspapers under the time of obj. I remember then watching on nta when Gaddafi came to naija and was canvassing for naija's support for single African currency and an AU that would promote for more integration than even EU that is truly pan African nation with one voice to the rest of the world and the first step was a single African currency along with reorganization of the au. like or hate Gaddafi the man was a pan- africanist

The Arabs are struggling with the Europeans who controls black Africa and its resources. The Arabs who came first subjugated blacks for centuries before the arrival of the Europeans. The Europeans conquer and colonize Middle East and North Africa (whom the Arabs had overrun centuries earlier) culminating in the fall of ottoman empire during WW1.

NOTE: Even in the middle east there is an eternal struggle for supremacy between the Turks, Persians (Iran), Arabs and recently the Jews.

The Arabs have lost the struggle to the Europeans and are trying to lure black Africans into alliance to fight Europeans. The Arabs will keep telling the black man that Europeans are the problem of Africa BUT throughout North Africa where they are in power, they are minorities exception of Egypt which they overrun the locals.

None of them are our friends, we (including our governments) are simply pawns in their big power games.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by mustafa006: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
edoman2016:
Why should Nigeria give a damn about poor african countries? Majority of African countries are ingrate and hate Nigerian citizens except Benin Republic.
As far as I am concerned, each country to its own. Africans have lost their spirit of brotherhood in this 21st century.
people like are threat to Africa's unity...If the whole of Africa joins hands, support and back each then we will progress together, believe the white men won't treat us as garbage

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by romme2u: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
LordAdam16:

Whether Nigeria likes it or not, Africa is still divided between the English, French, and the Arabs.

-Lord

The Germans, Chinese and even India have joined the scramble. But it looks like the Chinese are having upper hand because of their greek gifts.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by babasolution: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
desreek9:
The truth is we can boost of being the giant of africa during obasanjo and yar adua's regime not anymore because of the clueless ones we've had in power since then.

The west doesnt want we africans to progress, they want us to lick their ass continuously and be referred to as third world country to put us in our place. I remember when the news of the gold currency by gaddafi for africa was circulating, my dad said we shud watch and see how america wud quash it, that is exactly wat happened.

op ur right, but we need to be able to stand alone and reclaim being the giant of africa before we can make any move at all.

great reasoning,you reason is well placed,girls reason well now,that like all ds stupid boys on nairaland that turn every thing to insult and condemnations

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jesse01:

Nigeria has failed because her leaders have been minding their business.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Blue3k(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
I can agree like usuall. We know the main issues preventing us from achieving these goals is the internal chaos. Next we economic growth through rapid industrialization then we project outward. The role of regional hegemony is a good goal. We just have a lot of work ahead of us.

There's a few things I find wrong.

SSBN:
Controlling 16 countries via the ECOWAS Nigeria’s huge oil wealth allowed it to not only create a West African economic and political integration but also to bankroll it.

True but regional integration and trade still very low. Mostly because of unbalanced trade rules and infrastructure gap. Nigeria import bans and tariffs between members. The infrastructure in regards to roads and rail terrible. Most of the countries infrastructure is connect roads to Ports. There's wasn't an interest to trade in past.

SSBN:
West Africa, under Nigeria’s leadership is the most successful regional bloc, rather than a series of desperate individual nations that could be deal with one on one and set against each other.

SADC - Southern African Development Community and EAC – East African Community are more successful. I say ECOWAS is 3rd.

SSBN:
Nigeria demonstrated that regional integration was possible without depending on the West. Nigeria create its own lending institutions independent of the IMF. The Nigerian Trust Fund for example was created by Nigeria with an initial capital of $80 million with the aim of assisting in the development efforts of the poorest AfDB members.

The first sentence doesn't make sense. You can't depend on outside powers to make you trade. The countries were simply followingexample of West. The trust fund seems good maybe we can act likr china in future. This cm be a simple way of boasting trade and getting private business to expand out.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Big brother wey dey beg for tokunbo helicopter>>>Is that one a big brother?!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Nigeria has failed because her leaders have been minding their business.

You mean, minding their pockets...Before you can be benevolent for the whole of Africa, u have to first be a selfless, tribeless Patroit....How many Nigerians are non-tribalistic, we've never been more divided. And everytime u make Ibadan or Ibo jokes, u r only reinforcing that tribalism....Una never see anything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Begins Renovation Of Dodan Barracks / David Mark Named In Panama Papers With UK Properties - The Nation / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.