Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,502 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike (9682 Views)

IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike / Petrol Scarcity Looms Again As NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sack Of Workers / PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by okeamuboy: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
you mean no light in ur house?
madridguy:
The federal government should please do the needful. There is no light everywhere and the fuel we're buying with scarce money to enjoy life is scarce again. shocked

PENGASSAN should also consider people that will travel for Christmas celebration.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Graciousnaija: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Is this injustices just started on Monday? Why is it that once we are gradually moving to year-end this people hold us all by the jugular? It is nothing but the mechanism of self-enrichment, knowing they will not be affected. But God will judge every 'troubler' of this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
Go strike na, wetin una dey wait for? Make I go buy bicycle grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by thunderbabs: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
No b buhari b minister for petrol, diesel, n kerosine? shocked abi e no see queue for kano?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by enny66(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2017...Apply Here https://naijmobile.com/federal-civil-service-commission-recruitment-2017/

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
anonimi:

.......proposed by the 36 state governors and Jonathan in 2011, implemented in 2012 but protested by the All Poverty Congress, APC 419ers.
May it not be well for all the deceivers.
And the people of the Lord shouted a big Amen.

Also opposed by most Nigerians...because they did not see the long term benefits. All they saw was N65 becomes N140.

Even Buhari was a fan of subsidy, until Kalichukwu and Emefiele showed him how it was harming our economy...then he agreed for the 'partial' removal.

Problem with governance...sometimes bad decisions are made because people 'don't like suffering'. Jonathan did not campaign with deregulation on the agenda in 2011 or 2015...neither did Buhari....and none of our politicians ever will.

Just let one politician say he is going to deregulate the downstream sector. He will be accused of making Nigerians suffer, and lose the only benefit they get from government. Many people are angry with Buhari for raising fuel prices. Imagine the anger if we went full deregulation. Thankfully, that thinking did not happen with our GSM sector...or else ...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by dzeros(m): 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
What kind of a useless country is this? Must this happen every year? Punishing innocent people who would desperately want to get thier destinations this festive period, i wonder how this blood suckers derive joy from the anguish of others. Sad!

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by sledge001(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
These people are just funny and mishievious. The minister of petroleum should tell Nigerians why the sudden scarcity of fuel, or is associated with the end of the rainy season?
More so, why didn't this proposed strike action take place before now? The festive season is here and suddenly their brains started working properly. The both parties are to blame.
The should not add to the already overwhelming hardship Nigerians are already facing Abeg.
When there was increase in fuel price to N145/litre from N97 without justification, nothing happened in terms of strike, that would have 'been proper as at then.
They Government has not been able to communicate to us how the so called saved custody has improved our economy, instead he is singing songs of corruption which is running in his own blood and system With impunity.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Doyin2(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
anonimi:

.......proposed by the 36 state governors and Jonathan in 2011, implemented in 2012 but protested by the All Poverty Congress, APC 419ers.
May it not be well for all the deceivers.
And the people of the Lord shouted a big Amen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

You need help!

APC in 2012?

The Safe Nigeria. Group that engineered the protest comprised of Nigerians from all works of life.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
sledge001:
These people are just funny and mishievious. The minister of petroleum should tell Nigerians why the sudden scarcity of fuel, or is associated with the end of the rainy season?
More so, why didn't this proposed strike action take place before now? The festive season is here and suddenly their brains started working properly. The both parties are to blame.
The should not add to the already overwhelming hardship Nigerians are already facing Abeg.
When there was increase in fuel price to N145/litre from N97 without justification, nothing happened in terms of strike, that would have 'been proper as at then.
They Government has not been able to communicate to us how the so called saved custody has improved our economy, instead he is singing songs of corruption which is running in his own blood and system With impunity.
Rubbish

1.There was a justfication...we were not earning enough forex from oil...so we did not have the cash to subsidize fuel.

And we still don't....

Deregulation is the answer. We would have done it ages ago...and by now fuel prices would have fallen, and there would have been more investment.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by enemyofprogress: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
Let's go there, let's scatter everything. I am always very happy when things go real bad
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by TyrantInAsoRock: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
The federal government should please do the needful. There is no light everywhere and the fuel we're buying with scarce money to enjoy life is scarce again. shocked

PENGASSAN should also consider people that will travel for Christmas celebration.

Sarrki after seeing this comment

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
yanabazee:

Your sentimental comments which gingered many gullible fellows to vote a dullard into power which in turn is making life miserable to a lot of good citizens and many hav lost their lives due to his tyrannic autocratic pattern of leadership!
i see you are really suffering as your reasoning is badly affected. So a group wakes up one morning and threatens strike action on a whole nation at christmas period because some of its staff were sacked by a private organisation not even the FG and you sit here and talk about Buhari. I swear the stupidity of our generation is what is really killing this country. look who is calling someone a dullard.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by FakoMaybach1: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
This APC government is making me give up on this country.

As i dey now even Afghanistan is appealing to me, i just need to leave this hell hole called Nigeria. I wore Black Black to work today, no light to iron my clothes, person ask me if i dey mourn, i replied "Yes, i dey mourn the death of Nigeria"
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by purplekayc(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
What's wrong with this country sef
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Rainmaker69(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
I think its high time Nigerians called these useless unions out, once and for all. Many people don't know it but these unions and members are so rich. They own properties and investments all across the country; there is nothing populist about their agenda- it is greed all the way. The worst part is that they now paint the FG in such a bad light. These Unions are not there to ensure that their members work when the refineries are up. All they are interested in is increasing salaries and blackmailing companies into hiring their members.
In a free market system, unproductive staff are let go- they should deal with it.
If they have any grievances, they should take it up in court. Why should Nigerians who are dealing with so much and earning much less show solidarity to these overpaid, underworked, jobless nonentities?
Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by bionixs: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
yanabazee:

Are you wailing or joking right now??
wailjoking,I guess
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Slymonster(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
The change buhari promise us after taking it to 145 and this will be the ending of fuel scarcity.It will even bring competition and the price will drop.Yet, we are still experiencing the same thing
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Funjosh(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
I rebuke you people.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by jacyhelen(f): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
yanabazee:

Your sentimental comments which gingered many gullible fellows to vote a dullard into power which in turn is making life miserable to a lot of good citizens and many hav lost their lives due to his tyrannic autocratic pattern of leadership!

Caliber of people supporting Buhari's second term:
* Mentally deluded
* Islamic fanatics
* 30k crew (BMC) e.g NgeneUkwune
* Politicians benefiting from the monumental corruption currently going on
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by parizzz: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Funjosh:
I rebuke you people.
grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Reference(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:

I am sure this was an internal memo.....not for general consumption. Better investugate how it leaked because this sounds like 'wailing' to me.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by Seankay323: 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jakohai:

Also opposed by most Nigerians...because they did not see the long term benefits. All they saw was N65 becomes N140.

Even Buhari was a fan of subsidy, until Kalichukwu and Emefiele showed him how it was harming our economy...then he agreed for the 'partial' removal.

Problem with governance...sometimes bad decisions are made because people 'don't like suffering'. Jonathan did not campaign with deregulation on the agenda in 2011 or 2015...neither did Buhari....and none of our politicians ever will.

Just let one politician say he is going to deregulate the downstream sector. He will be accused of making Nigerians suffer, and lose the only benefit they get from government. Many people are angry with Buhari for raising fuel prices. Imagine the anger if we went full deregulation. Thankfully, that thinking did not happen with our GSM sector...or else ...
They don't HV to deregulate now what buhari should have done was to do what Jonathan didn't by building or privatising those refineries for Christ sake ,so now we are all waiting for dangote , if buhari had put some money down from the day they raised prices at least a refinery would have been built by 2018 or 2019 and then u can then say to ppl that we have built a refinery that should cater for half our needs or all then u can then fully deregulate by that time there will be so much petrol that price will def fall in the preceding months.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike by EngrXrix(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
The issue of employers tampering with workers benefits should also be addressed. I still maintain that the best way for any organisation to make profit is not by cheating it's staffs or depriving them of their benefits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Reasons Why You Will Be Voting For Your Candidate / APC Convention: Crack In Caretaker Committee / Femi Hamzat’s Son Joins Obidient Rally In Lagos - (Lagos Deputy Governor’s Son).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.