Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials (39096 Views)

Barber Yanks Off Naira Marley’s Poster From His Shop / Kiss Daniel Reacts To Lawsuit By G-Worldwide Entertainment / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
twentyk:
sign me up.... Im fiercely loyal

Sorry I can't sign you! Your type are into music because of the pvssies and the drinks n club life. When I take you an a Private jet ride , you begin to think u have arrived by floating ur label. But if u have a dog probably a German Shepard , I will sign it grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by BluntBoy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
It is the Law.

Every material he did under G-Worldwide (including his stage name) are being contested in court so they are all on hold until the case is settled.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=maynia post=63120095]

So the artiste you sign.. We be under you for life.. He won't progress further? [/quote
If the contract says 20 years, then you stay 20years period! grin

3 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by nuelzy: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Kiss.. Abeg no do pass urself u 'ear'??
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by hiscules: 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
sauceEEP:
The terms and conditions of the contract was boldly written, i wonder why he failed to study it before appending his signature.....I pray he doesn't end up like brymo who is worthless "musically" no thanks to chocolate city....
and who told you braimoh is worthless? He just doesn't do all your kind of gbagbati songs. He does class!

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by twentyk(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

Sorry I can't sign you! Your type are into music because of the pvssies and the drinks n club life. When I take you an a Private jet ride , you begin to think u have arrived by floating ur label. But if u have a dog probably a German Shepard , I will sign it grin
well those things you mentioned are part of the job don't you think.... But sign me three years and watch me make money for you..... No joke..... I be market

I don't own a dog, since one bit me sometimes ago I have come to dislike dem....

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
twentyk:
well those things you mentioned are part of the job don't you think.... But sign me three years and watch me make money for you..... No joke..... I be market

Carry you market go MTN project fame or Nigerian Idol
Before I sign any artiste we must go to Baba Aremu Oniokonla Shrine at Ijebu Ode, that is where the contract paper is! grin

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by rs172(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
Men.......
really wished it wasn't this way...

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by twentyk(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

Carry you market go MTN project fame or Nigerian Idol
Before I sign any artiste we must go to Baba Aremu Oniokonla Shrine at Ijebu Ode, that is where the contract paper is! grin
lol.... Baba aremu koh, baba onigi ni..... You gonn be one hell of a label boss.... I fear ijebu things

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by obaival(m): 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
divicode:
This is what happens when you have money and game but not matured

Just like many toddlers on nairaland hiding behind tecno phone to write rubbish
grin grin ;DGuy so u hate tecno product lıke me cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by mekuso89(m): 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
well I don't pity him cus he will not say didn't kmow his actions was gonna bridge his contract in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by rhymz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
Some of the people talking about how Kiss Daniel can not continue to be under somebody forever obviously do not know how contract agreements work else you would shut your mouth and advise the lad to be wise and play it cool before the record label destroys his career.

Whether the contract agreement is exploitative or not, it does not matter if you already signed to abide by it. It is stupid to think that now that you have made it, you can just stand up and leave without finishing the terms of the contract, he is lucky he is doing thus nonsense in Nigeria where nothing works, if this were to be the US or UK, he will regret ever thinking it up let alone running off to float your own company.

A contract is a contract.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
twentyk:
lol.... Baba aremu koh, baba onigi ni..... You gonn be one hell of a label boss.... I fear ijebu things

grin
I am a Hell of a businessman
I put money u know blow= problem
I put money u no come record because of ur babe = problem
I sign you for 30 years and after 3 years I hear you wanna leave and open your shop= Bigger problem
INFACT the terms and conditions are in the shrine. I don't have time for lawyer and courts . I just leave you with Agribeku and Orantigbile...... This are ever ready familiar spirits in charge of the signings.
So when am I hearing your demo
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by twentyk(m): 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

grin
I sign you for 30 years and after 3 years I hear you wanna leave and open your shop= Bigger problem
INFACT the terms and conditions are in the shrine. I don't have time for lawyer and courts . I just leave you with Agribeku and Orantigbile...... This are ever ready familiar spirits in charge of the signings.
another person don sign me few minutes ago..... Thank you gidi gan..... Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by greencard: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

grin
it is music he want to sing Na not sell your family ancestral land grin

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
twentyk:
another person don sign me few minutes ago..... Thank you gidi gan..... Thank you

Goodluck grin
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by mpowa(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
jbreezy:
Neva bite d fingers dat feed yu
Can you tell how they fed him because I'm not understanding... He's collecting 16%of every efforts he's making and they go away with 84%,yet the still don't represent him well. Songs not as good as his get millions on YouTube while he wallow with his talent.And for your info, they brought him to limelight just has he bought them to limelight, it's mutual, because without him, who knows G-worldwide?

That said, I don't support him not fulfilling his contract because he signed the slavery himself, he just have to find a way to settle it amicably now. He must find away to get out without it hurting his career.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Kingsley121(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

When has waking up and floating your record label a crime.. How many years will someone be under you for you to release him.?

Kiss daniel is binding to the contract he signed and as I saw on the court papers served him the contract states he is not to use the name "Kiss Daniel". That's what happens when u sign a contract without reading the Terms and Condition

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
greencard:
it is music he want to sing Na not sell your family ancestral land grin

grin
Am just protecting my investment wisely, if you need a record deal you can come foward too... I don't mind Driving you to Ijebu Ode

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by doctokwus: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

When has waking up and floating your record label a crime.. How many years will someone be under you for you to release him.?
You live in a jungle that's y you have this mindset.
Go to foreign countries and renege on a contract and see where it gets you.
The label that took a risk on him so thats the way to repay them too?
What if he hadn't "blown", don't you know the label would have lost too?
The best he can do,which is the norm in civilized countries,is to call the label and ask to renegotiate for better terms,and if they refuse,he can only see out the rest of the contract.It happens with artistes,movie stars,footballers,other sportsmen and even employees on contract jobs.
Watch as saner and more civilized people break it down for him and advice him to have a settlement meeting with the label.
The court judge may even advice him to resolve the issue amicably because of his fame,but if he proves recalcitrant,sanction him appropriately based on the contract terms.
You think this is a matter for calling your SARS or army friends?This is a valid CONTRACT!

10 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

This is the reason Y I won't sign any artiste, they get fame and feel the can bite the finger that fed them! At first they are loyal and always calling u "boss" "boss" at any little thing you say, When you pump money in their career n make them stars , the 'boss' turns to "bros" then to "boy"! That is how ungrateful Nigerian artiste can be! He has a contract n an agreement , y should he violate it? undecided

Well I rather sign my Dogs and Cats to my label, Atleast they are loyal grin
Thank God Nobody signed Davido.
dat i can relate, cuz me quickly dump one sorry ass immediately our partnership begin get k-leg. cuz me dey strife for nationwide and in diaspora, hm dey wan play 4 very local community fame. i do am song, hm no wan wait for sent mix and master b4 anytin or possibly beat re-editing &polishin, hm quickly dey crash on any '' i wanna sing cheap local street shows" dey do d performance monkey act, can u imagine for jst a demo stuff. some aint jst str8 4ward
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by karo93: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

all that is determined by the duration of the contract. you can't sign a 4year contract and float your label/break the contract after 2years na....its unfair to the record label.

Record labels pump millions into the careers of many artistes, They alone bear the losses for artists that don't blow . why then shouldn't they reap the rewards if they blow??

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
GameKartel:
dat i can relate, cuz me wiquickly dump one sorry ass immediately our partnership begin get k-leg. cuz me dey strife for nationwide and in diaspora, hm dey wan play 4 very local community fame. i do am song, hm no wan wait for sent mix and master b4 anytin or possibly beat re-editing &polishin, hm quickly dey crash on any '' i wanna sing cheap local street shows" dey do d performance monkey act, can u imagine for jst a demo stuff. some aint jst str8 4ward

You did well. Let him blow on his own. All this sorry ass mofos who fail to understand that without your Sponsor( label) , your talent is as useless as 10naira pure water!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

Baba calm down... After all kiss Daniel has done to that label, this is the only way they could repay him back... after Olamide release his first studio album, the guy lefr Id Cabasa. Why didn't id Cabasa sue him.. People are just ungrateful.. So floating your own record label is too much... to stop working under someone is a crime..
I guess you ain't following the KD/GW news all these while.

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ikmontana1:
hope say kiss Daniel no go lose last last o
It's likely ooo Bros...
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

So the artiste you sign.. We be under you for life.. He won't progress further?
A CONTRACT was involved! He should think of progressing further after the agreed 7 years he signed!

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

After the agreed years he SIGNED to be!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
BluntBoy:
IT IS THE LAW.

Every material he did under G-Worldwide (including his stage name) are being contested in court so they are all on hold until the case is settled.
Thank you BluntBoy

Some people don't understand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by princejenks(m): 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

Baba calm down... After all kiss Daniel has done to that label, this is the only way they could repay him back... after Olamide release his first studio album, the guy lefr Id Cabasa. Why didn't id Cabasa sue him.. People are just ungrateful.. So floating your own record label is too much... to stop working under someone is a crime..
Nigerians want their country to catch up with the advanced world yet unwilling to imbibe their principles of success. The difference between the first world and third world is organization,the former sets rules to enforce it making their structure very strong while the latter copies same rules but unwilling to enforce it thereby having a weakened structure

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by ewizard1: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
rs172:
Men.......

really wished it wasn't this way...
I swear, he is one of Naija artist I respect so much. But the fact stands! It's a CONTRACT!

He himself mentioned it in the "Another Day" track on his last Album...

"Another chain for 7 whole years..."

Then why try break the chain before completion of 7years?

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by coluka: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

Oga calm down. This one no be vexing matter. There is a legally binding document (Contract) involved here. if he does any gra gra here, he will end up regretting it. Kiss Daniel is supposed to have gone through the contract thoroughly before signing it. As it is, the best option for him is to go for out of court settlement or mediation. Let him renegotiate the contract or get it mutually terminated with some benefits for G worldwide. No court will release you from any contract you willingly and wittingly entered into unless the contract is repugnant to natural justice

3 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Tsam1959(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
WotzupNG:

Nigerian Singer, Kiss Daniel is currently in a legal battle with G-Worldwide, the label that shot him into stardom. The label claims he went against the contract he has with them when he announced his exit, floated his own label and performed at shows without their consent. They even stated that the name ‘Kiss Daniel’ is a brand name owned by the label.

Few days ago, G-Worldwide released a public announcement in which they made it clear that they have filed a suit in Court with claims that both parties have been told by the Court to return to status quo in line with the contract.

With that announcement, it appears like things might start going tough for Kiss Daniel in terms of performing at shows and even releasing new music. The first obvious setback, according to news reaching WotzupNG and findings, Coke Studio has yanked off materials he did with them from their Youtube Channel. This is likely connected to the legal battle the Artiste is engaged in.

Next week is expected to be more dramatic for the Singer. Trust us to fill you in on more juicy news emanating from the legal battle.

https://www.wotzup.ng/kiss-daniel-vs-g-worldwide-coke-studio/
embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin: ‘Iyanya Slept With Married Women, I Have Photos Of All’ / “I Am Living Proof Of God’s Wonders” – Wizkid / Kemi Afolabi Withdraws Her Membership From Wizkid Fans Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.