Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials (39097 Views)

Barber Yanks Off Naira Marley’s Poster From His Shop / Kiss Daniel Reacts To Lawsuit By G-Worldwide Entertainment / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
chronique:

You're right. Some months ago, I wanted to get back into the music business again and decided to start up with someone I know. I called up a producer who I had worked with in the past, called up this dude and we had a meeting and we shared a lot of ideas. Before that, we had gone to check out a studio where the production would be done... After the meeting, I took them out for lunch and we were all happy. I was busy observing certain things and wanted to do things right. It took me a while to draft out a watertight contract. While I was taking my time, I realized he was so eager to start recording and just wanted us to get things on. Sooner or later, a mutual friend of ours who knows about the project, started asking me how far and said it was taking too long. I wasn't ready to be pressured to take decisions and I backed off without saying anything. I could already sense there was going to be problem ahead... If I had gone ahead and issues started coming up, people would sentimentally blame the label. But most people don't understand the risk involved in putting your had earned peanuts behind an artiste. If he doesn't blow, no one would sympathize with the label. But if he blows and the label is making money, everybody would suddenly realise that the label is ripping the artist off. The people who would tell you that you are being cheated as an artiste, would not bring out their money to support you. All they have is their mouth to talk.

In business, what you negotiate is what you get. All these talks of slave contract is nonsense. If someone did not stake his peanuts on kiss Daniel, nobody would have known him. There are a million young men and women who are better off but have no one to finance them. Kiss Daniel should see off his contract and move on to greater things on his own label. Getting involved in this kind of litigation wouldn't help him. Until the case ends, he cannot get his career running smoothly cos every thing he does going forward, would be subject to litigation.

I always say "An artiste talent with a sponsor(label) is as worthless as used pure water nylon"
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
JayCynic:

Your grammar is poor, in that context, the word used is "mature" and not "matured". Even the processor of a Tecno phone is sharper than your brain.

Stop whining dunce head grin

You came back, this is the best you can write? "Even the processor of a Tecno phone is sharper than your brain"

Chai, see English grin grin grin RIP English

Your brain possibly needs a reset
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Alexgeneration(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
maynia:

Baba calm down... After all kiss Daniel has done to that label, this is the only way they could repay him back... after Olamide release his first studio album, the guy lefr Id Cabasa. Why didn't id Cabasa sue him.. People are just ungrateful.. So floating your own record label is too much... to stop working under someone is a crime..
Bro, a contract is BUSINESS, nothing like paying him back. He will only get what is stated in the BUSINESS (contract).
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Colb461: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2017
I just feel for the guy oh
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by JayCynic(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2017
divicode:

Stop whining dunce head grin

You came back, this is the best you can write? "Even the processor of a Tecno phone is sharper than your brain"

Chai, see English grin grin grin RIP English

Your brain possibly needs a reset

Im convinced that its either you probably never went to school or your English teacher in school was sacked. You really need to apply for a refund of school fees because its clear that whoever sponsored you in school was wasting valuable resources.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2017
JayCynic:

Im convinced that its either you probably never went to school or your English teacher in school was sacked. You really need to apply for a refund of school fees because its clear that whoever sponsored you in school was wasting valuable resources.

Chai! RIP, English grin grin grin
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by gwighalo: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
You people that do not know anything about this matter should stop demonizing the G-Worldwide brand. I know this label and Kiss Daniel very well because we live on the same estate. Kiss Daniel receives 40% of revenue generated while the company is the one taking care of everything including wardrobe. Do you know how much they spent on promoting Kiss and all the countries they have taking him to before the idiot blow? So after they have spent hundreds of millions of naira on the artiste that was nobody before pen was put to paper in 2013. Kiss has a house in VGC and cars you can't buy even with a big salary. After a label has spent their hard earned money on you and has probably run into debt, then you think you can just wake up and go because people are telling you that they can help you break out and earn all the 100% to yourself? common, that is the daylight yahoo which has made many companies go under. I am glad GWW put measures in place like copyrighting their songs and artiste names to serve as deterrence to anyone who would want to take advantage of their platform. You wan use person money build your career then run away? Oloshi! thief! This is the reason nobody is interested in signing upcoming artiste because at the end it will just be money gone down the drain. The Coke guys are clever if not na them GWW for take recover their loses. Anybody that sympatises with Kiss about this matter is only being naive and not a business man. Invest say 100M naira for business first, then don;'t do anything to protect the investment make you allow desperate young Nigerians use you shine. Your case go be say them de look for you inside lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Zynicart(m): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2017
gwighalo:
You people that do not know anything about this matter should stop demonizing the G-Worldwide brand. I know this label and Kiss Daniel very well because we live on the same estate. Kiss Daniel receives 40% of revenue generated while the company is the one taking care of everything including wardrobe. Do you know how much they spent on promoting Kiss and all the countries they have taking him to before the idiot blow? So after they have spent hundreds of millions of naira on the artiste that was nobody before pen was put to paper in 2013. Kiss has a house in VGC and cars you can't buy even with a big salary. After a label has spent their hard earned money on you and has probably run into debt, then you think you can just wake up and go because people are telling you that they can help you break out and earn all the 100% to yourself? common, that is the daylight yahoo which has made many companies go under. I am glad GWW put measures in place like copyrighting their songs and artiste names to serve as deterrence to anyone who would want to take advantage of their platform. You wan use person money build your career then run away? Oloshi! thief! This is the reason nobody is interested in signing upcoming artiste because at the end it will just be money gone down the drain. The Coke guys are clever if not na them GWW for take recover their loses. Anybody that sympatises with Kiss about this matter is only being naive and not a business man. Invest say 100M naira for business first, then don;'t do anything to protect the investment make you allow desperate young Nigerians use you shine. Your case go be say them de look for you inside lagoon.

Wait! Now I'm confused; who do u stay in the same estate with? Kiss Daniel or the record label?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“I Am Living Proof Of God’s Wonders” – Wizkid / Ubi Franklin: ‘Iyanya Slept With Married Women, I Have Photos Of All’ / Tonto Dike's Ex-boyfriend Spotted With Amber Rose (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.