Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials (38911 Views)

Barber Yanks Off Naira Marley’s Poster From His Shop / Kiss Daniel Reacts To Lawsuit By G-Worldwide Entertainment / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by vosquare: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
sauceEEP:
The terms and conditions of the contract was boldly written, i wonder why he failed to study it before appending his signature.....I pray he doesn't end up like brymo who is worthless "musically" no thanks to chocolate city....
Because brymo does not have a hit song doesn't make him worthless musically.. .. I guess you don't listen to his songs, if u do u won't come up with this conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by devour129: 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
doctokwus:
Some people in Nigeria think they can just wake up and cancel/renege or do whatever they like with a valid contract.
Whoever knows Kiss Daniel should tell him he has a lot to lose,no matter how unfavorable the contract may appear to him.
What he should do is to try to renegotiate the terms of the contract with his label on mutually beneficial terms and if the recording label refuses,see out the contract.
why is it hard for some Nigerians to understand what a contract is and to uphold it ? They have taught this attitude to foreigners that come to here and now they walk out From contracts ( what they can’t do in their country ) just because it’s Nigerian way and knowing our justice system is slow and there also stupid people that will come up with * the person don try for you na * . I brought in a lady From uk , processed everything she needed ,got a driver that takes her to n fro From work ( long ) . A lady that posed as a potential client poaches not up to 3 months of resumption n moved her to Lagos . She only sent an email and company phone back . We had a two years solid contract , I was going to deal ruthless with her cos I know I had done too much for her but I was persuaded by my mum to let her go . This is something she won’t do in uk . Please if you can’t abide by contract you renegotiate or don’t start at all . Someone invested in you , the person put all without telling you things he or she had to do to make sure you make it . Best you di is see your contract through and work away in good terms because of tomorrow . What’s with all these Nigerian one hit wonders opening record labels ? Fool ,you can do it all ! Let managers mange while you do your thing , get paid n sleep well at night without all to extra worries . Greed is bad !

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Olulinks(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
Day2logic:
You de wish am more bad luck next week bah?
I don't think so. But come to think about it, how many artist for Naija don survive wetin Kiss Daniel wan try so? If you know am just warn am.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Olulinks(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ikmontana1:
hope say kiss Daniel no go lose last last o
What do you think before?
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by JBRichard(m): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
They should just leave him be! Well this will teach him and everyone else a lesson- Read, understand and retain terms and policies befor and after signing a contract!!! cool
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Awoo88: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
Part of the reasons Victor career is where it is today is because of the stupid fight he had with his label then. He had to beg eventually before he could sing again. Nigerian artists are the least educated in the world. You signed a contract. Woke one morning and decided to do "your thing" because you now have one small fame or one or two DPOs number on you phone without recourse to the contract you signed. Dbang as big as he is will not do a mohit song without permission ditto for wande Cole. You don't just walk away from contract. He should ask skale what performing and collecting fees without the knowledge of those he signed contract with nearly cost him.

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by rs172(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
ewizard1:

I swear, he is one of Naija artist I respect so much. But the fact stands! It's a CONTRACT!

He himself mentioned it in the "Another Day" track on his last Album...

"Another chain for 7 whole years..."

Then why try break the chain before completion of 7years?

Let hope n pray all goes well..
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
This guy dont know what befell him until its too late. he should go and ask Brymo. This doesnt always really end well for the artiste. by the time you are done with your legal battles, people have moved on...

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Awoo88: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
rhymz:
Some of the people talking about how Kiss Daniel can not continue to be under somebody forever obviously do not know how contract agreements work else you would shut your mouth and advise the lad to be wise and play it cool before the record label destroys his career.

Whether the contract agreement is exploitative or not, it does not matter if you already signed to abide by it. It is stupid to think that now that you have made it, you can just stand up and leave without finishing the terms of the contract, he is lucky he is doing thus nonsense in Nigeria where nothing works, if this were to be the US or UK, he will regret ever thinking it up let alone running off to float your own company.

A contract is a contract.
Actually record Labels are becoming wise now. No artist walks away how now without repacution

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by JayCynic(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
divicode:
This is what happens when you have money and game but not matured

Just like many toddlers on nairaland hiding behind tecno phone to write rubbish

good english pleasse?
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dederocs(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2017
Make these merchants free Kiss Daniel o, or we go change am for them
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Gemc3(f): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
Please can someone tell me the contents of Kiss Daniels' contract? I'm curious.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by VERDA: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

This is the reason Y I won't sign any artiste, they get fame and feel the can bite the finger that fed them! At first they are loyal and always calling u "boss" "boss" at any little thing you say, When you pump money in their career n make them stars , the 'boss' turns to "bros" then to "boy"! That is how ungrateful Nigerian artiste can be! He has a contract n an agreement , y should he violate it? undecided

Well I rather sign my Dogs and Cats to my label, Atleast they are loyal grin
Thank God Nobody signed Davido, He signed himself....

U just dey para smiley,I get ur point and all plus kiss Daniel should not have opted out of his contract just like that,that been said,we must understand that eventually an artist might want to become his own man,this is not a bad thing,there is no law that says an artist must remain with his label forever,its called growth,labels should learn to operate with building talents and letting them go when they want to in mind,after they must have recouped their investment of course,there are many potential stars out there.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
VERDA:

U just dey para smiley,I get ur point and all plus kiss Daniel should not have opted out of his contract just like that,that been said,we must understand that eventually an artist might want to become his own man,this is not a bad thing,there is no law that says an artist must remain with his label forever,its called growth,labels should learn to operate with building talents and letting them go when they want to in mind,after they must have recouped their investment of course,there are many potential stars out there.

Ok grin
You care for some beer? Chelsea lost and am buying free drinks for everyone at the bar! Bring your demo while coming

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by VERDA: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

Ok grin
You care for some beer? Chelsea lost and am buying free drinks for everyone at the bar! Bring your demo while coming

Sure bro,I dey show,make I carry water bottle so fit carry some for my dog,the guy dey high die.lol.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Boss13: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
VERDA:

See out your contract and then become your own man. If he wants to be a man he would have done it on his own.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
VERDA:

Sure bro,I dey show,make I carry water bottle so fit carry some for my dog,the guy dey high die.lol.

Do quick all these boys here can drink down a full bar , I wonder if their stomach is a bottomless pit
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by VERDA: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

See out your contract and then become your own man. If he wants to be a man he would have done it on his own.

Hehehe....nobody becomes a man on his own,we all need people to raise us up directly or indirectly,as to ur first point,I agree with you.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by tomdon(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

This is the reason Y I won't sign any artiste, they get fame and feel the can bite the finger that fed them! At first they are loyal and always calling u "boss" "boss" at any little thing you say, When you pump money in their career n make them stars , the 'boss' turns to "bros" then to "boy"! That is how ungrateful Nigerian artiste can be! He has a contract n an agreement , y should he violate it? undecided

Is it the record label that gave him the talent or what?? Aren't there people that blew without record label??
Talented upcomers can always be patient and get funding elsewhere aside these greedy labels
Talent is the important thing, label catch faya
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by dieBYfire: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
tomdon:

Is it the record label that gave him the talent or what?? Aren't there people that blew without record label??
Talented upcomers can always be patient and get funding elsewhere aside these greedy labels

Mr ITK, show me 1 upcomer that blew without a label support ! Just show me 1! You think you know how it works .. undecided
Guy without a sponsor your talent is as useless as 10naira Pure Water

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Newboss(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
divicode:
This is what happens when you have money and game but not matured

Yeah, toddlers like you! Very true, bro
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by kabaka1: 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ikmontana1:
hope say kiss Daniel no go lose last last o

it's going to a rough road 4 him 4 a little while apparently
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Newboss(m): 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
tomdon:

You obviously don't know how this label thing works.

They sign you to the label with money and other mouth watery benefits. It's an investment! The huge cash and benefits is why they mostly agree to be signed to music labels

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by kjhova(m): 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
ALCOHOL:
No matter how desperate you are as an upcoming artist,always read the terms and conditions of a contract before signing,I bet you if it were to be in saner climes,if what G world wide is saying is true,Kiss Daniel would be in deep mess.

Truth is that, worldwide, labels and record companies have a huge advantage over an upcoming artiste. Surely, artistes ought to read the fine details of their contract. However, the odds are quite in favour of the label for the following reasons:

1) Artiste is desperate and hungry for a deal while labels are laid back and get to be the ones to draw up the terms of the deal.

2) Artiste is broke and may only be able to afford a low end lawyer while labels are affluent and have access to the services of quality attorneys, bankers, PR experts etc.

3) Artistes do not have the luxury of options while labels have tens of artistes knocking on their doors daily.

I wish Kiss Daniel well and I hope he's able to resolve this matter quickly before it hurts his career permanently.

Remember when the rapper Canibus fought his label...his career ended quicker than the 4mins of his only hit track, 2nd Round KO!
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by saltoftheearth: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
Wos! Kiss Daniel, please disagree to agree, ka ma se igbadun. Don't ruin a good thing.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
Newboss:
Yeah, toddlers like you! Very true, bro

Maybe you should talk to your people at home first
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
JayCynic:

good english pleasse?

Kwa kwa kwa kwa kwa
Simple correct sentence you cannot write grin grin grin
Is that the spelling of please? I pity your life
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by Abolaji741: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ride on flyboy grin I dy feel u
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by soulfood(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2017
Take it easy...G worldwide. Don't destroy what you built.
Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by JayCynic(m): 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
divicode:
This is what happens when you have money and fame but not matured

Your grammar is poor, in that context, the word used is "mature" and not "matured". Even the processor of a Tecno phone is sharper than your brain.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Daniel Vs G-worldwide: Coke Studio Yanks Off Kiss Daniel’s Materials by chronique(m): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
dieBYfire:

You're right. Some months ago, I wanted to get back into the music business again and decided to start up with someone I know. I called up a producer who I had worked with in the past, called up this dude and we had a meeting and we shared a lot of ideas. Before that, we had gone to check out a studio where the production would be done... After the meeting, I took them out for lunch and we were all happy. I was busy observing certain things and wanted to do things right. It took me a while to draft out a watertight contract. While I was taking my time, I realized he was so eager to start recording and just wanted us to get things on. Sooner or later, a mutual friend of ours who knows about the project, started asking me how far and said it was taking too long. I wasn't ready to be pressured to take decisions and I backed off without saying anything. I could already sense there was going to be problem ahead... If I had gone ahead and issues started coming up, people would sentimentally blame the label. But most people don't understand the risk involved in putting your had earned peanuts behind an artiste. If he doesn't blow, no one would sympathize with the label. But if he blows and the label is making money, everybody would suddenly realise that the label is ripping the artist off. The people who would tell you that you are being cheated as an artiste, would not bring out their money to support you. All they have is their mouth to talk.

In business, what you negotiate is what you get. All these talks of slave contract is nonsense. If someone did not stake his peanuts on kiss Daniel, nobody would have known him. There are a million young men and women who are better off but have no one to finance them. Kiss Daniel should see off his contract and move on to greater things on his own label. Getting involved in this kind of litigation wouldn't help him. Until the case ends, he cannot get his career running smoothly cos every thing he does going forward, would be subject to litigation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tee Billz Threatens Davido After He Unfollowed Tiwa Savage On Instagram / Davido: 'I Have Phone Numbers Of 13 Presidents' / Queen Elizabeth Reacts To Meghan Markle’s Family Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.