Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Paradox Of Fear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Paradox Of Fear (312 Views)

Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' / I'm Not Hiding Out Of Fear, It's Called Wisdom - Dino Melaye / Dwight Eisenhower And Muhammadu Buhari: The Paradox Of Two Sick Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Fear by Kjasuquo: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
The Paradox of Fear

When I escaped from my mother's womb I cried not because I was taken out of my comfort zone but for the fear of what the world holds for me.

I grew up competing with others not necessarily because I wanted to win but because of the fear of failure.

I did as I was told not as I wanted for the fear of being a disappointment.
I wanted to speak out more but I feared the world wasn't listening. Then in a split second silence seems a suitable action but for the fear of being misunderstood.

Even those that believe everything in life is predestined still look both ways before crossing the road for the fear of being wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if fear is real or just a concept instilled by our subconscience to checkmate us.
Deep inside I wanted to believe that fear in times of battle is rather an exhibition of wisdom not an act of cowardice but then again I fear that might be the fear in me trying to justify my fears.

I fear there is so much I could accomplish on the fast lane but for the fear of dying fast.
Amidst all these fears of uncertainties, I still go to bed when I fear it might be my last. I still wake up even when I fear what the day holds for me. So I have come to fear that there is a slight possibility that I might have nothing to fear.

(1) (Reply)

APC Has Failed Woefully, Says LP National Chairman / A Self Deceiving Country Called Nigeria / Youths It Is Your Turn To Lead~ Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.