Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party (611 Views)

Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale / Tunde Bakare inducted into Nairaland Politics Section Of Hall Of Fame 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by hatch: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
I think this may be a way out to solve our problems since we usually rant alot about Nigerias problems . After all we have the population abi ?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by ElRazur: 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
Too many different ideas. I do not see how it will work. smiley
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by violent(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
Not with a chairman that has a thing for alteration of polls! cool
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by slap1(m): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2010
^^^ Don't start.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by kosovo(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2010
It would be the most confused entity ever. . . C'mon. .  with all the different ideologies and tribalistic show-down. . . The only chance it has is EPIC Failure.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by marvix(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2010
We can give it a try. A political party is an aggregate of idealogre nationalist without a history at aies. I think where we start from is review old posts of regular posters, those that are nationalist in posting without history of ethnic bias be called up to fashion a way the political party then open it up for members who want to join the party to seek registration. That can be d first step lets really give it a try who knows Jonathan may run on this platform
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by tundewoods(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2010
Obviously this may the most hilarious idea i have read on Nairaland in a long long while. OP you certainly can't be serious !! grin grin
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Shoot2Kill: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2010
Nairalanders are chickens, how can cowards start a political party

How many of the people here are ready to reveil their identity and criticize acting thief jonathan in public?

How many of you here can openly citicize the government?

how many of you here has the balls to threaten the government with violence?

Yeah i thought so,cowards!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by marvix(m): 9:45am On Mar 31, 2010
@shoot2kill floating a political party has nothing to do with violence, we don't have 2 criticise d Ag President to hav our party. Our party should be built on ideals where noone is bigger than d rules and everyone respects constituted authority, a party where everyone can have their views and say but will stand to defend d collective decision, where d constituted authority is always in check. Let's give this a try I believe we hav a lot of passionate membas on dis forum dat can make a difference. Membership is not compulsory and d party would be open to criticisms on d forum.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

How many of the people here are ready to reveil their identity and criticize acting thief jonathan in public?

[s][/s]what other things do politicians do apart from violence since you prefer your shoot2kill approach to all issues.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by HarryPotter1(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2010
@poster how possible is ur idea? forming a political party here wud result to an online ethnic crises cheesy and pple view wud be diff.i dont see any sence in it.pls dont even think of it cos if u do,then get ready 4 WAR! :p
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by ElRazur: 10:14am On Mar 31, 2010
@shoot2kill

So you asked questions directed at the forumites, but ended up answering and making assumptions all by yourself. What is the point of your question again?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Godalone(m): 10:54am On Mar 31, 2010
Lets try it first,if it will work.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by chosen04(f): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2010
So even Nairalanders are now interested in the "come and chop" political charade in this nation?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by rebranded(m): 11:06am On Mar 31, 2010
I think its a brilliant idea im in, instead of people thinking it wont work, why not get serious and lets give it a try

we cant keep coming online just to rant and not try and change things
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Dominoifet(m): 11:40am On Mar 31, 2010
@kosovo
Quote:It would be the most confused entity ever. . . C'mon. .  with all the different ideologies and tribalistic show-down. . . The only chance it has is EPIC Failure.

Could it b as confusing as Naija herself? I doubt so. I think most NLanders r open minded pple some of them don't mind trying a different thing just to unwind. Its been zany the last 6months in Naija scene, we definately need a party of some sort. Tribalism has its limit, don't know about religion bigots? And if we fail, then we go for an after-party. Lol
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Katsumoto: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2010
Shouldn't political parties be based on having a common ideology? Is it not the fact the politicians do not know the meaning of ideology, let alone have one, that is the bane of politics in Nigeria. It is an idea that will never work. What you should be advocating is for people to seek out others with a mindset similar to theirs and may be joining forces. Is it possible for Ndu_chuks to belong to the same party as Only_Truth and Eziachi?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by Afam(m): 11:55am On Mar 31, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Do not generalize as some of us here use our real names and basically everything about us are out there in the public domain.

I can state here that if you have good reasons to criticize the government based on facts that you can do so without problems, however many people think that criticizing the government is all about insults, rumors and baseless accusations.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by hatch: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

Shouldn't political parties be based on having a common ideology? Is it not the fact the politicians do not know the meaning of ideology, let alone have one, that is the bane of politics in Nigeria. It is an idea that will never work. What you should be advocating is for people to seek out others with a mindset similar to theirs and may be joining forces. Is it possible for Ndu_chuks to belong to the same party as Only_Truth and Eziachi?

Wait and see the power of politics grin ! United like we stand, Divided we fall.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by rebranded(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2010
hatch#:

I think this may be a way out to solve our problems since we usually rant alot about Nigerias problems . After all we have the population abi ?

@hatch

pls start a poll lets see how many people are interested and we kick off with the people on board!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Should Start A Political Party by SapeleGuy: 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
With such divergent viewpoints and authoritarian decision making you will be recreating a cyber version of People Destroy Progress.
Go and join Save Nigeria Group.

(1) (Reply)

Jos Crisis: Another Genocide Averted In Jenta Kuru / Ibori And The Militants / No Mercy - Nnamani Tell's Ogbulafor !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.