Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (25981 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by dust144(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by mofedamijo(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
The funny thing is those that pay thier tithes dont even complain or come out to start shouting it is those that doesnt that run upandan like native fowl,i hit a deal of 100million,10million is going to church thats my problem not urs.

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
byemx06:
Nigeria Today...
when a pastor needs a car,
they raise 6million...
but when a member need money for surgery,
they raise prayer..
May God Heal Our Land.
This is how you unbelievers make false claims and half truths everywhere...
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by airlord2020: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
Mr freezes's anti tithe movement can't stop people from paying tithe because most blacks see God as an amplifier that should be given something before he blesses one. Blacks don't believe in hard work I'm, sorry to say this. Tithe should be given without thinking of material gain.

4 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by victorazyvictor(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2017
Only foolish man would, in fact I just paid some last week.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by dermmy(m): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2017
Olulo:
I actually started paying my tithe constantly when d argument statement.

Lol.. u don spoil everything. Abeg no break my ribs

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by anonimi: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2017
skydancer:
Why should it? Anyone who has decided to give tithe to God works with God directly as their provider and King and a King deserves their treaty. If God is good to you and you choose to recognize His goodness by paying tithe, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you don't trust your priest, it is not exactly your right to judge them as still as you are still going to their church. Else, then you may secretly know in your heart that you are in the wrong place but have refused to make the right decision due to fear and social attachments/concerns.

This is not the sky, so stop dancing around the issue.
The Bible is clear about what tithe is.

Deuteronomy 14:22-26 King James Version (KJV)

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+14%3A22-26&version=KJV

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by BluntBoy(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2017
IamtherealRita:
Does it matter

We all know about tithe, Jesus never paid tithe and never collect tithe that is all that matters not Daddy Freeze who boldly spoke the truth that people have been voicing out.

Please go and look for a better job.

undecided

God bless you. It doesn't matter. Freeze has done his part.

The Bible says that narrow is the way that leads to life. Only few finds it. Same here. Only a few are expected to see the truth in what Freeze is saying. The road to destruction is broad and will most likely be paved with precious stones and that is the road many will find easily.

Jesus was never explicitly concerned about crowd. He wasn't concerned about numbers. He is the true Shepherd who would abandon 99 sheep to search for one missing lamb. At a time, He used the words "small flock". What matters to Him was the number of true believers, not a crowd of sheeples.

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Evacroft: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2017
Many pple havent even fully read the bible themselves on tithe but they are following freeze as usual as a typical nigeria and also following the words of any pastors. Read ur bible and u will get ur truth there.
Am continuing with my tithe cos it was stated there in the bible and practiced since ages.i t cost me nothing to give ten percent of my income to God and if at the end the pastors misuse it then let the wraugth of God be upon them. If u aint convinced when u read ur bible u can also stop paying it but let it be a decision u understand and stand on firmly.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Sunshyne200:

Would you go to a church were Freeze is the Pastor? Now why do you take his message as Holy Ghost inspired?

I am not against his opinion as he is entitled to it, but for the arrant disrespect to peoples faith and religion.

In this country, we have liberty to believe any thing, to worship anything to serve anything religiously, but he came out and condemn what we have believed and even question our wisdom, he is no different from boko haram who think they know it all.

You can't say freeze started Christianity, some of us were Christians before he was born, now he comes to make us look stupid because of something we believe in, and even insult our leaders.

That's Africa for you.

I didn't want to quote you, but don't know why I did.

Sorry if offended.
Happy Sunday
do you know who started Christianty?

The Catholic church, do you know how Protestants came about? By questioning this Catholic church and insulting the leaders, that is what Martin Luther did before the Protestants came about, so if you are not a Catholic your church is as a result of someone insulting the ORIGINAL church, so, what makes you think the church should be above questioning?

You must first of all separate the teachings of Christianty from the DOCTRINES of a Church.... Freeze is not challenging the religion, he is challenging the doctrines of some churches.

Do you think it is all churches that pay tithe? Or you think your variance of Christianity is the only one? There are Roman Catholic Christians, there are Orthodox Christians, there are Protestants, there are Coptic Chrostians, do you think each of these variants preach tithe?

Freeze is a Christian battling the DOCTRINES of certain denominations and he supports his beliefs with the grundnorm of the religion, the Holy Bible.... So, wipe that idea from your mind that Freeze is against Christianity

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2017
JackBizzle:
A lot have stopped paying tithes even before freeze started.

Tithe will soon become heresy

grin They never started.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jacyhelen(f): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2017
God bless daddy freez
it will take time before people gets Liberated.
He showed us what tite is and what is meant for.
For those paying tite,was there any where in the bible tite is paid everysunday?..
Mumu people....
If you study psychology,u will get marvelled how these Pastors work on peoples mind.
God bless frezz
#freethesheeple

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Krucifax(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation my modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?

You are knowingly or ignorantly spreading misinformation. That is not what Daddyfreeze said. Go back and do your research before you speak on a subject for which you have little understanding.
Firstly he did not say "do not pay any tithe".
Secondly he was calling into question the "current" definition of tithe.
Thirdly he was calling into question how frequently tithe should be paid.
Fourth he was calling into question how tithe should be paid.
Fifth he was calling into question who tithe should be paid to.
Sixth he was calling into question the purpose of tithe payment.
His frank and very welcome debate arose due to the blatant misinterpretations of the scriptures. So called men of god have abused their positions of power to milk gullible and unenlightened followers so as to enrich themselves with private jets in the name of tithe and spreading the gospel.
So my friend Daddyfreeze never said don't pay tithe. What Daddyfreeze said is how should tithe be paid?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by sureheaven(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Everybody pays tithe, it's just that we pay in different places and at different times. Some pay theirs in church, some pay in the hospital, some pay at boutiques by buying expensive things that do not worth the price, some pay theirs to olosho, some pay theirs by buying airtime always to make unprofitable calls, some pay theirs to mechanic, some pay theirs to lawyers, some pay theirs to landlords, some use their own to buy data only to visit facebook, instagram, nairaland, twitter and other social media. So freeze should leave those who pay in their churches alone and focus his attention on our political leaders who ruin the future of this country..
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SBG04: 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
People can never stop giving to the church, no matter what freeze says. There are people of faith that actually read their bible and pple have been giving to men of God since the beginning of time and they've seen the benefits especially when they give from their heart.

Not all this fake giving we do now that pple will be asking themselves how has the pastor help you back.

Jesus never worked but the bible records they had money bag judas iscariot was stealing from.(john12v4-6) You think jesus will do so much miracles and pple won't give him things freely. Despite he had the power he never used his powers irresponsibly all the time to turn five loves of bread and fish for himself and disciples to eat, many of his needs probably came from the people.

Even the general principle of giving in the world looking at it away from the church, do you give something and expect to get back from the orphanages, widows and beggars you gave to?

Freeze is the one labelling the source of money in churches as tithe cos he feels 10% of people's income all over Nigeria is actually amounting to some huge figures.

To give tithe is hard ooooo, very few pple are doing it diligently. Nigerians no dey smile oooo, what's the population of nigerians that are christians seff, have good jobs, and are diligent enough to pay tithe.
The issue is people give beyond tithe, they give vows, sow huge seed like the widows mite that not even a pastor preached to them and the return is crazy because they were led by God spirit to do it out of the love in their heart not becos they were looking for some return in the first place
What this pastors are getting rich on is God leading some pple to give beyond tithe. Look at the guy that single handedly built a billion naira structure for a church. Is that one tithe.?? That's what's making pastors rich, what if he ddnt build and he gave the church in cash...we will now sit somewhere and start calculating it's our 5000 naira tithe thats is feeding the church
Aunty please stop inferring when it comes to biblical matters. If Jesus didn't say something, please don't say he did. Jesus never put any 10% obligation on anyone for salvation, healing, miracles or breakthrough. His salvation was and is still for free. Woe unto those that have put a 10% price on his salvation. Woe Unto those who steal the meagre earnings of the poor and impose a 10% levy and yoke on them to buy God's salvation and mercies. Aunty woe unto you. The hottest part of hell is being prepared for you. Jesus died on the cross of Calvary so all may be saved and redeemed by his blood. His blood redeems us. His sacrifice exculpates us. We are introduced into his word and covenant by his death on the cross. Not by a 10% offering. Woe unto you who has seen the word and the light in the scriptures but has chosen to be guided by the devil and his false prophets.
Ignorance is never an excuse!

4 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by skydancer: 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
uyplus:

How does giving to a pastor equate to giving to God please? If you want to give to God, reach out to the least of his brothers. That's he commanded us to do. He said whatsoever you do to the least of my brother's, that you do unto me. It's only if you wanna take Jesus out of the God head, then giving to the down trodden won't equate to giving to God.

I stopped paying tithes ever since I read Deuteronomy 14 22 to 29.
What you are looking for is simple. When the poor widow gave all she had in the synagogue, Christ said she gave the most. That single comment recognizes that she did indeed give to God.

Concerning the Bible passage you quoted. If you do this, you are also right. But remember that there are bachelors too.
And don't forget the verses 27 to 29

And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Those last parts obviously mean that we should recognize the established priests. Abraham in his own time, recognized generously the priest of God very generously who blessed him greatly. Don't forget that this same Deutronomy was also watered down because of the people. Priests these days don't live the priests of the old days where one can comfortably say they do not have enough. Instead they go around in Flashy cars and buy jets. This is of course frowned against in the Catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Please lay this matter to rest
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
mofedamijo:
The funny thing is those that pay thier tithes dont even complain or come out to start shouting it is those that doesnt that run upandan like native fowl,i hit a deal of 100million,10million is going to church thats my problem not urs.
The thing tire me no be small...you see a very successful man or woman who earns in 6 digits deciding to pay tithes or seed faith to the church and someone will be hyperventilating on the issue? Telling an adult how to spend his or her money?? But they all go mute and dumb when the ones they elected into government rape their collective wealth in broad daylight! Nigerians are steeped in hypocrisy and cowardice..

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by uyplus(m): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2017
Evacroft:
Many pple havent even fully read the bible themselves on tithe but they are following freeze as usual as a typical nigeria and also following the words of any pastors. Read ur bible and u will get ur truth there.
Am continuing with my tithe cos it was stated there in the bible and practiced since ages.i t cost me nothing to give ten percent of my income to God and if at the end the pastors misuse it then let the wraugth of God be upon them. If u aint convinced when u read ur bible u can also stop paying it but let it be a decision u understand and stand on firmly.

It costs you nothing to pay tithe, really? I can place a bet that you don't earn good money!! I stand firm on my belief that most people who pay tithe are broke people, because they think it'll multiply the money they own. God is not a Ponzi scheme! You even went further to ask if people read their bible, do you read yours? Where in the bible is it recorded Jesus and his disciples took and paid tithes? You are paying because it's an age long practice. Smh! Read Deuteronomy 14 22 to 29.

3 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by QuietHammer(m): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2017
olusholajohn:
do u even it before? NO! Will it affect d church? NO! You need to read about d 100% icrease in church attendance, tithe payment and offerings, ntoorrrrr
F*ck off you sheeple.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2017
Gkay1:
nothing can stop me from paying my tithes. i give to God not to pastor.
By the special grace of God, i will continue to give.

life is per head.
There is a clear distinction between Giving and Tithing!
Most believers confuse Giving for tithe payment!
Tithe payment is not a type of Giving!
U can't Give what is required or instructed!
A Tithe is mandatory.....Giving is voluntary and from the heart!

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by skydancer: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

This is not the sky, so stop dancing around the issue.
The Bible is clear about what tithe is.

I already updated my reply to Deutronomy. And you are the one choosing to see only a part of the scripture. I only answered the first part of the question by telling you the words of Christ Himself.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by ngozianu(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2017
I will stop paying tithes when boko haram stops recruiting new members. inspite of army onslaught boko haram is still recruiting new members and no moslem is going on social media to campaign.

It is only in christianity that an unpopular wife beater and divorcee that is confused in now converting fellow confused christians to his confused ministry called FREE THE SHEEPLE.....Mtchewww!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Innomach(m): 9:55am On Dec 10, 2017
No significant changes would be noticed at this early stage of the crusade against tithe, but at the long run, certainly many tithers are really going to review on their beliefs on it. Especially, after comparing realities with fictions and beliefs. It's difficult for someone to easily let go a belief system that has existed in one's mind for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by sekem: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't pay tithe.

Trust me, I'm tighter than most of the tithe payers.
How will I deplete my savings in the anticipation of becoming rich; that's foolishness besides God made me rich, he doesn't need my wealth.

I'm tightfisted with Men of God.

Of course!

You never disappoint
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jacyhelen(f): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2017
Krucifax:

You are knowingly or ignorantly spreading misinformation. That is not what Daddyfreeze said. Go back and do your research before you speak on a subject for which you have little understanding.
Firstly he did not say "do not pay any tithe".
Secondly he was calling into question the "current" definition of tithe.
Thirdly he was calling into question how frequently tithe should be paid.
Fourth he was calling into question how tithe should be paid.
Fifth he was calling into question who tithe should be paid to.
Sixth he was calling into question the purpose of tithe payment.
His frank and very welcome debate arose due to the blatant misinterpretations of the scriptures. So called men of god have abused their positions of power to milk gullible and unenlightened followers so as to enrich themselves with private jets in the name of tithe and spreading the gospel.
So my friend Daddyfreeze never said don't pay tithe. What Daddyfreeze said is how should tithe be paid?

God bless Urs analysis.
We know from his post he is pained.
Maybe Adebayo sent him

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by D1official: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
It has stopped me
U Neva paid tithe love. To make it worse, u lien on Sunday morning.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by correctguy101(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2017
FaniDan:
Even if all the Men of God apologize and say tithing is wrong or voluntary, I have made up my mind to continuously pay my tithe

Got me eyes on you. wink
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by adedoyin008(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2017
.....Will never stop paying my tithe in jesus name
Since i started working by the special grace of God,have always been paying my tithe and God has been faithful in doing is part too
My definition of tithe is this, the part(10%) you give to God and he makes other part (90%) meaningful

Pls to all those who are followers of freeze, don't be deceived a blind man can't lead the blind

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Elnino4ladies: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2017
D1official:
U Neva paid tithe love. To make it worse, u lien on Sunday morning.

You know all these, how?

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by GGirll: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2017
Nothing in this wide world will STOP ME FROM PAYING MY TITHE AS ITS A SCRIPTURAL INDUCTION N I CANT STEAL FROM D ALMIGHTY MY MAKER WHO GIVES ME BREATH N PROVIDED ALL I HAVE INCLUDING MY TITHE JESUS FAN FOR LIFE, VERY PROUD TO BE A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN I PRAY FOR FREEZE SOUL IN JESUS NAME AMEN HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE CHRISTIANS N NON CHRISTIANS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Ugandan Pastor Flogs Church Members As Part Of Prayer In Viral Video / "TB Joshua Heals HIV Positive Man" - TB Joshua Ministries Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.