Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (25988 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by BluntBoy(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2017
ngozianu:

God has not appointed your GO Daddyfreezer to free anybody, even as God can use anybody....This is because God has sovereignity over any issues...Moses married an Ethiopian woman against God's commandment, Miriam and Aaaron were correct in criticizing moses in his absence...Yet God gave Miriam Leprosy....You and daddyfreezer should continue.

Kemi Olulonyo was always castigating Pastor Adeboye on the internet...Now she is in prison even Adeboye does not know her...So STOP PAYING YOUR FILTHY TITHES and Continue Abusing pastors with your daddyfreezer

Kemi is not in prison because she abused Adeboye. She is in prison because she lives in a lawless country where you can end up in jail without being convicted of any criminal offence.

Freeze is not my Daddy GO and I don't suppose that he wants such an appellation. All he has done is pick out false teachings and back up his points with Biblical verses. As a Christian, your desire to learn should have propelled you to pick up your Bible and examine Freeze's teachings instead of attacking his person.

It would cost you nothing to be like the Berean Jews who never swallowed up anything just because it came out of the mouth of Paul. Luke himself described them as noble and asked other Christians to emulate them.

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. (Acts 17:11)

Be like the Berean Jews. Read the Bible for yourself and stop swallowing up just anything simply because it comes out of the mouth of a so-called pastor. You even have more opportunities than the Berean Jews in that the Bible is now much more easy to get. What excuse do you think you have for letting a man do all your religious and scriptural thinking for you?

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SweetJoystick(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2017
FaniDan:
Even if all the Men of God apologize and say tithing is wrong or voluntary, I have made up my mind to continuously pay my tithe
You aren't paying to God through man, you are paying man directly and not God.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by FaniDan(f): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2017
SweetJoystick:

You aren't paying to God through man, you are paying man directly and not God.
, I pay my tithe not you, don't you think I should no better who am paying to. I pay my tithe to God through my Spiritual Father.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by davidque: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2017
yes it stopped those who were looking for excuses and reasons to stop paying, but to those who were taught of God of what tithing is, we thank God for the controversy. some will get to k
now the truth.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Lotechi(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:

Who is the blind man?

Exactly my point! A lot of people pay tithe based in personal conviction it would take more than just a light skinned man quoting a couple of scriptures to change their minds.
did you know about tithe before your pastor preached it in church? Stop all this personal conviction rhetoric. If 2moro Onyedepo or Adeboye comes out to say they were wrong to preach tithing, would you still say "no" that your tithe practice is born out of personal conviction?

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Cargo36: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2017
My little money pocket by few
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Lotechi(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2017
FaniDan:
Even if all the Men of God apologize and say tithing is wrong or voluntary, I have made up my mind to continuously pay my tithe
that is a lie!!!!!!!!
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SweetJoystick(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, I pay my tithe not you, don't you think I should no better who am paying to. I pay my tithe to God through my Spiritual Father.
Smh you people don't read and understand the bible. Read Matthew 23 vs 9 please, if you don't understand the verse, ask someone else to read and explain to you. That's where the brainwashing starts, as these so called men of God refuses to rebuke people like you who call them spiritual father. As a child is most likely to obey his/her father, so whatever they say, you lots swallow hook, line and sinker without reasoning.
Secondly, God doesn't require tithe from you. If you are giving, give but not as tithe

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Zector(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2017
Nutase:
a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
who are the sheepie?
confused people without hope looking for the smallest ray of hope to cling unto. they are no different from the touts that were following nnamdi Kanu.

Best word
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Lihyunpark(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

Even if "ALL THE MEN OF GOD APOLOGIZE AND SAY TITHING IS WRONG......"
all liars shall go to hell
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Gkay1(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2017
CaptainCodes:

how many times have you given to the beggar down your street?.
just. question.

uncountable time
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by FaniDan(f): 11:36am On Dec 10, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Smh you people don't read and understand the bible. Read Matthew 23 vs 9 please, if you don't understand the verse, ask someone else to read and explain to you. That's where the brainwashing starts, as these so called men of God refuses to rebuke people like you who call them spiritual father. As a child is most likely to obey his/her father, so whatever they say, you lots swallow hook, line and sinker without reasoning.
Secondly, God doesn't require tithe from you. If you are giving, give but not as tithe
Really, i pay tithe tithe tithe
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SweetJoystick(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2017
FaniDan:
Really, i pay tithe tithe tithe
Smh well it's your money, you can also keep calling your pastor your spiritual father against Jesus instruction. Have a nice day
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2017
Funny thing is I am yet to see a rich man talk against tithing online or offline
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by FaniDan(f): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Smh well it's your money, you can also keep calling your pastor your spiritual father against Jesus instruction. Have a nice day
bless you
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2017
It has done nothing, just like people agitating changes on social media, all talks and no action.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by dejavubobo1(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2017
QuietHammer:

Tithe is a debt? For a jew or a Christian?
No mind dah girl... she jus hear something carry am fr head like Bob Marley ... is she practising Christianity or Jewish ideal (Mosaic)
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by fof1: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation by modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?

THIS FAKE NAIJA OYIBO IS A SCAMMER. TITHE AND TITHING EXISTED BEFORE D LAW OF MOSES.ITS A GODLY PRINCIPLE OF MULTIPLICATION AND GRIWTH - D PRINCIPLE OF REPRODUCTION. SO ONLY D HYPOCRITES AND D UNDICERNING WEAK CHRISTIANS WILL FALL FOR HIS VERY FOOLISH MOVEMENT AND THOUGHTS. U DONT GIVE TITHES TO D MAN OR MAN OF GOD OR D PASTOR OF A CHURCH AS IS BEING PTESENTED. U GIVE TITHES TO GOD ALMIGHTY WHO U WORSHIP & HIS WORK OF EVANGELISATION. ONLY D MISCONSTRUED OR POORLY TAUGHT WILL BE MISLED. DADDY FREEZE PLS FREEZE URSELF FROM THIS UR MENTAL ACHE THAT IS SELF INFLICTING. U CAN NOT BLASPHEM GOD AND HIS WORK AND GO FREE. BE VERY CAREFUL. ALL CHURCH LEADERS WHO MISAPPROPRIATE SUCH FUNDS ARE AT D MERCY OR JUDGEMENT OF THEIR GOD AND LORD, NOT U OR UR MOVEMENTS.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by KardinalZik(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2017
greatermax77:

Please my brother, u said tithe is a debt, to whom are u owning the depths?
Jesus Christ paid all my dept on the cross. He set me from the law & now I have a new life in him.
Giving to churches for God's work is very good. Giving reshapes ones destiny, but I can not pay tithe because Christ never did, the apostles never did, the early Christians never did. If u still believe u own God fianacial depths through tithe, it then means ur own depths was not paid on the cross

Lol.
Then don't use phone or computers; don't buy a car; don't build a personal house; don't wear jeans; don't board a plane; don't watch TV...etc BECAUSE Christ never did, the Apostles never did, and the early Church never did.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by decasey(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
I just paid my tithe 2day.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by RoninSignals: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
daddy freeze has argued a lot about tithing and he made lots of assertions. we should try and hibernate want we believe about tithe and listen to what he has to say or has said. I watched a 14minutes interview he gave pulsetv, this man NEVER said a word about no tithe payment with a Bible verse to support his analysis - that's a research scholar.
If you are to pay tithe bring the evidence from the Bible we all believe in. No pastor has been able to bring forth bible verses just like pple on this thread rather they rain curses - Are you a bible-Christian?
daddyfreeze wants an open broadcasted debate with any GO. Even CAN need to address this issue ASAP because DF has ignited people's reading and researching power,people would come up and attack the pillars of Christianity . People have done that by saying nothing like Xmas
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by ola12(m): 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
I think many pple includin dis freeze guy dont understand wat tithe is, u dont give tithes to the men of god, it's given to God himself through the church i.e the body of christ and religion of Christianity. It's supposed to be used to spread d religion of christianity throughout d world wich is kindof our assignment as christians, through missions, buildin church structures and whatnot. Personally I pay tithe and I've seen d benefits, and my church is kindof of an organization so I
know my tithe is being used well. If anybody feels lyk his pastor doesn't understand wat tithe truly is and is using it 4 personal reasons, den I advice him to look 4 a better church to pay tithe to instead of stopping all togeda.
Happy sunday
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SBG04: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
mofedamijo:

Nobody can curse me if i dont pay my tithe,paying tithe is not a must,n i have never been to a church where the pastor says i will go to hell for not paying my tithe,n for the record i have left church services before it ends once i notice the pastor is preaching what i cant find in my bible,look a pastor is flesh he his not christ,if he preaches something wrong consistently quietly walk out,but that wont stop me from going to church or believing in God,Jesus spoke about tithe in matthew 23:23-Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.have my personal convictions i stick to it,shalom
Note:Matt23:23 NLT VERSION SAYS What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things
PLEASE don't misquote Jesus. By acknowledging that the Pharisees were adhering to the less important aspects of the law does not in any way Infer that Jesus placed any obligation on us to do so! We are not Pharisees that we should keep Jewish religious laws! We are not jews! We need to be very careful in how we quote the bible. Serious fire awaits those who not only misquote and misinterpreted the bible, but also deceive others along the way.
There is no biblical injunction in any part of the new testament for those born anew in Christ to pay 10% of their income to a pastor or his church. If anyone has told you so, that person is awaiting a big ball of everlasting flames in hell. Salvation has always and will always be free for all.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Interesting15: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nwodosis:
His idea is to empower you with the truth about tithe!
But before you can empower someone, you must be empowered yourself. Who empowered freeze?
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
SBG04:

Aunty please stop inferring when it comes to biblical matters. If Jesus didn't say something, please don't say he did. Jesus never put any 10% obligation on anyone for salvation, healing, miracles or breakthrough. His salvation was and is still for free. Woe unto those that have put a 10% price on his salvation. Woe Unto those who steal the meagre earnings of the poor and impose a 10% levy and yoke on them to buy God's salvation and mercies. Aunty woe unto you. The hottest part of hell is being prepared for you. Jesus died on the cross of Calvary so all may be saved and redeemed by his blood. His blood redeems us. His sacrifice exculpates us. We are introduced into his word and covenant by his death on the cross. Not by a 10% offering. Woe unto you who has seen the word and the light in the scriptures but has chosen to be guided by the devil and his false prophets.
Ignorance is never an excuse!

Please re- read all your comment and check where I said jesus obligated anybody to pay 10% for salvation or miracles, or did u read anywhere I said salvation and miracles are for sale...cos really I don't get ur point and woes
The OP that opened this thread asking for a significant change in the giving of tithe ie if anybody has noticed...my comment was to let him know giving has gone beyond 10percent.....
people give because they are led to give and not becos a pastor is forcing them...Nigerians aren't actually stupid...an here u are ranting over inferring what jesus ddnt say...please quote my exact words I actually typed jesus said...you are the one inferring here!
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by mofedamijo(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
SBG04:

PLEASE don't misquote Jesus. By acknowledging that the Pharisees were adhering to the more important aspects of the law does not in any way Infer that Jesus placed any obligation on us to do so! We are not Pharisees that we should keep Jewish religious laws! We are not jews! We need to be very careful in how we quote the bible. Serious fire awaits those who not only misquote and misinterpreted the bible, but also deceive others along the way.
There is no biblical injunction in any part of the new testament for those born anew in Christ to pay 10% of their income to a pastor or his church. If anyone has told you so, that person is awaiting a big ball of everlasting flames in hell. Salvation has always and will always be free for all.
If by now u still cant comprehend what i stated...goodday
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Right before now, I have been unfaithful with my tithe, today I have a personal conviction about tithe. Give what belongs to God to God and what belongs to the government to government. If you could pay your tax to government, why not by faith give your tithe to God. The just shall live by faith-and without faith, it is impossible to please God. Tithe is act of faith, and trust in God. It is a spiritual law that the hand that gives will receive, how much more God.Thank you Jesus, once I was blind and now I can see.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by miketayo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
bedspread:
GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!

I JUST PAID TITHES THIS MORNING

with this ur God Forbid even if Jesus tells u not to pay u ll still pat cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SBG04: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Please re- read all your comment and check where I said jesus obligated anybody to pay 10% for salvation or miracles, or did u read anywhere I said salvation and miracles are for sale...cos really I don't get ur point and woes
The OP that opened this thread asking for a significant change in the giving of tithe ie if anybody has noticed...my comment was to let him know giving has gone beyond 10percent.....
people give because they are led to give and not becos a pastor is forcing them...Nigerians aren't actually stupid...an here u are ranting over inferring what jesus ddnt say...please quote my exact words I actually typed jesus said...you are the one inferring here!
You are very wrong. People give in fear, ignorance and under intimidation. Adeboye recently said anyone who doesn't give 10% of his income is cursed. He threatened and intimidated his congregation in God's name. He put a price on God's mercies, faithfulness and kindness. He further went ahead to curse those who God has purchased redemption for freely!
Again, woe to all yee false prophets, preachers of Baal and money worshippers. For ye have turned the house of the Lord into a den of robbers, money doubles and thieves. For ye have preached salvation for riches and earthly lusts. For your end is nigh and judgement shall soon be upon you.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by nicemuyoo: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Are time to listen to this video and the truth shall set you free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFkEh5bEXw
fof1:

THIS FAKE NAIJA OYIBO IS A SCAMMER. TITHE AND TITHING EXISTED BEFORE D LAW OF MOSES.ITS A GODLY PRINCIPLE OF MULTIPLICATION AND GRIWTH - D PRINCIPLE OF REPRODUCTION. SO ONLY D HYPOCRITES AND D UNDICERNING WEAK CHRISTIANS WILL FALL FOR HIS VERY FOOLISH MOVEMENT AND THOUGHTS. U DONT GIVE TITHES TO D MAN OR MAN OF GOD OR D PASTOR OF A CHURCH AS IS BEING PTESENTED. U GIVE TITHES TO GOD ALMIGHTY WHO U WORSHIP & HIS WORK OF EVANGELISATION. ONLY D MISCONSTRUED OR POORLY TAUGHT WILL BE MISLED. DADDY FREEZE PLS FREEZE URSELF FROM THIS UR MENTAL ACHE THAT IS SELF INFLICTING. U CAN NOT BLASPHEM GOD AND HIS WORK AND GO FREE. BE VERY CAREFUL. ALL CHURCH LEADERS WHO MISAPPROPRIATE SUCH FUNDS ARE AT D MERCY OR JUDGEMENT OF THEIR GOD AND LORD, NOT U OR UR MOVEMENTS.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by miketayo(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
MicTayor:
Right before now, I have been unfaithful with my tithe, today I have a personal conviction about tithe. Give what belongs to God to God and what belongs to the government to government. If you could pay your tax to government, why not by faith give your tithe to God. The just shall live by faith-and without faith, it is impossible to please God. Tithe is act of faith, and trust in God. It is a spiritual law that the hand that gives will receive, how much more God.Thank you Jesus, once I was blind and now I can see.

U had always been paying tithe faithfully u dont have to lie about it because u want to make a point cheesy.
What is ur conviction pls? and Jesus never told us to pay tithes
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Sharon90: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
Interesting15:

But before you can empower someone, you must be empowered yourself. Who empowered freeze?

The devil....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Ugandan Pastor Flogs Church Members As Part Of Prayer In Viral Video / "TB Joshua Heals HIV Positive Man" - TB Joshua Ministries Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.