Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914261 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:40pm On May 23, 2018
jolowizzy11:
tanks for the response boss....how long is it gonna take for the original i20 to arrive ? .....tnks

Ask your sender and you get accurate info on that since the sender knows what (s)he used to send it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:12pm On May 23, 2018
jolowizzy11:
tanks for the response boss....how long is it gonna take for the original i20 to arrive ? .....tnks

There is no way Walspring would know this as he doesn't work in that particular school

The best person to answer this is the sender , which is someone in the school. If you need this answer then ask the school directly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:13pm On May 23, 2018
Walspring:

Ask your sender and you get accurate info on that since the sender knows what (s)he used to send it.

grin... didn't see this before i a response ... as in how would you know grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2018
LagosismyHome:

There is no way Walspring would know this as he doesn't work in that particular school

The best person to answer this is the sender , which is someone in the school. If you need this answer then ask the school directly
lolz...my bad....tanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 2:24pm On May 23, 2018
Its 18 days now that I wrote toefl @Jkk house ,Ilupeju Lagos, No result till now, what could be happening? Anyone here that wrote toefl there around same time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ttosyne: 2:31pm On May 23, 2018
@Tunmise100 I sent you a pm kindly reply please.

Tunmise100:
Hello house, i need an urgent answer

I got an admission for MS Fall 2018 @ Austin peay state university TN with a full ride scholarship but have not booked a visa appointment yet which i intend to do b4 next week friday. Will i still be able to get a visa appointment date.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 3:13pm On May 23, 2018
Good afternoon people, please anyone admitted to or studying at washington state university(WSU)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quadriyya420: 3:35pm On May 23, 2018
Walspring:

If it is mock interview, my schedules are tight.

Okay thanks @walspring for your respond
I really appreciate you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Femmyfes: 5:35pm On May 23, 2018
Visa approved today at the Lagos Embassy. Time: 6:30a.m

At the stage b4 having my fingerprint done, had an issue, my passport photo had my shadow ..lady requested for another i said the other is same. She went to her superior or so.. who ask her to accept it.. God favour from then on..

Young lady in her late 2Os or early 30s. I was her first interviewee and her mood was cheerful.

VO: Good morning, How are you?
Me:I am Fine, Good Morning
VO: Pass me your I20 and Passport
Me: I did as instructed
VO: Which state are you going to ?
Me:
Colorado, Boulder. My program is at the University of Colorado, Boulder
VO: How did you find out about this school?
Me: it was recommended to me by my industry mentor who is a senior manager at Cisco. He emphasize...V.O cuts in....
VO: Did you apply to any other university?
Me: Yes, I did. I applied to Cornell University, New York, University of California, Berkeley (made a mistake..just flowed and didnt correct myself), University of Maryland College Park.. V.O seems impressed by schools ..started typing
VO: nice, so what will this program do for you
VO: I currently work in the IT industry as a Network Engineer. A masters at this point would equip me with the technical and business skills to design plan and build secure and scalable network systems. It will give me the requisite exposure and experience to advance my career forward as Network Architect
VO: who is paying for your studies?
Me: I was awarded a merit based scholarship and I have a loan and my family support to cover my shortfall.
At this point brings out white paper..
VO: By family support,do you mean your parent or who?
Me: Oh! My uncle, my dad is late.
VO: What does he do
Me: He is a Senior manager in the government parastatal **** in charge of ***
VO: Have relatives there?
Me : No sir
VO: What will you do after your program ?
Me: There are many lucrative job opportunities in my field here in Nigeria. I will return to take up jobs at top ICT multinationals such as Cisco, HP and Microsoft
VO: circled something on white paper and said) Congrats, your visa has been approved, pick up your visa at .....(me:not listening)... Have a nice day
Me: Thank you .. have a great day!

Do mocks if possible .. do not cram, get use to formulating reply based on ur application intent, sop... No need to be tensed[/quote]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Femmyfes: 5:39pm On May 23, 2018
Please help a brother.... I got admission to resume 26th of April (UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN FLINT) and classes start on the 1st of may... And yet was unable to get interview date . what can I do nw as I'm confused?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nagalee(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2018
hello house,
Please I need your help on how to answer this question
why computer science ?
my interview is in a couple of weeks and I'm finding it difficult to get concrete answer for it pls help
@walspring @exxy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nagalee(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2018
hello house,
Please I need your help on how to answer this question
why computer science ?
my interview is in a couple of weeks and I'm finding it difficult to get concrete answer for it pls help
@walspring @exxy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PweetieBimbola(f): 6:04pm On May 23, 2018
No i live and work here with my husband.kuwait doesn't give citizenship
TWoods:

The result of your next interview is likely going to be the same. The number 1 criteria to obtaining a non immigrant visa is that you demonstrate that you have ties that compel you to return to your home country. It’s harder for you to demonstrate that since you live and work in a foreign country. You’ve already shown a preference to emigrate.

Are you a citizen of Kuwait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PweetieBimbola(f): 6:05pm On May 23, 2018
My dad is sponsoring me
LagosismyHome:

Who was the sponsor in this application for student visa.... your husband or the friend. If it the friend that can be a hard sell because what the gain of the friend to sponsor you for bag which is 4 years

If it your husband then better.... not sure what help or feedback anyone can give you but to refire and try again. The ways in Kuwait might be slightly different. I am not sure for a fact. Interviews are subjective based on the Vo perception if you are a credible student or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 6:17pm On May 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the house,
Am so confused about these kinda questions.. I son much need you guys help.
1.why did you choose to study this course?
2. what would this course do for you?
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nagalee(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2018
AlterEnigma:

UPDATE:

Submitted my passport back at the drop off with a fixed deposit slip in my dad's name this time and it was finally issued today

Thanks lagosismyhome walspring walepepe21 and everyone here who supports and assists us

God Bless

which embassy is it Lagos or Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnmattew: 7:07pm On May 23, 2018
how much is TOEFL and ielts?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnmattew: 7:09pm On May 23, 2018
Niv25:

thanks.
na thesame question .....depends on how u flow with d answer.

1) I chose to study the cause because it will enable me get a job in........or it will gimme the required skills and knowledge in getting a job at....

2) the course will gimme the required skills and knowledge in securing a job at......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2018
Why did you pick the course..
*talk about your strengths,passion,the positive effect of this course to the world and future, the importance of the course in day to day activities, etc..

What will you this course do for you..
* Talk about what you'll benefit from studying the course,
Money, reputation, goals, career wise etc..

Ma own small opinion
Niv25:

thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omolara216: 7:51pm On May 23, 2018
if one has been previously refused, one cant apply until after 6 months
which means one has to pay for a new i20
the new rule isnt fair on students atall

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by harthy007: 8:06pm On May 23, 2018
freudianslip:
Automatic Termination of Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students If They Transfer to a Different School or Begin Study at Another Educational Level

USCIS reminds F-1 students on Optional Practical Training (OPT) that transferring to another school or beginning study at another educational level (for example, beginning a master’s program after completing a bachelor’s degree) automatically terminates their OPT as well as their corresponding employment authorization document (EAD).

Although authorization to engage in OPT ends upon transferring to a different school or changing educational level, students in F-1 status will not be otherwise affected as long as they comply with all requirements for maintaining their student status. These requirements include not working with a terminated EAD, because termination means that students are no longer authorized to work in the United States. Working in the United States without authorization has serious immigration consequences, including removal from the country and bars on reentry. Furthermore, remaining in the United States in violation of lawful nonimmigrant status could lead to an accrual of unlawful presence which includes another set of penalties under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Currently, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) informs USCIS of the termination date, and the OPT termination is automatic under current regulations. USCIS has updated its systems and will begin to enter the EAD termination date into these systems after being notified by SEVP. USCIS will notify affected students and provide them with an opportunity to correct any errors in the record via their designated school official (DSO). This process is intended to strengthen the integrity of the F-1 and OPT programs, to ensure consistency between SEVP and USCIS systems, and to inform students of possible consequences of working with a terminated EAD.

Source
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2018
Omolara216:
the USA new rule isnt a good idea on students atall because most students that were refused during their first interview were nervous..

Which new rule are you talking about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 10:27pm On May 23, 2018
Theamerican please say something !!!

My proposed Transcript !

Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .

VO : Why did you choose Tarleton state university

Me : I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .

VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?

Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .

Vo:How did you hear about Tarleton state university?

Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .

Vo:How many school did I apply to ?

Me : I apply to 5 and I got admission in all

Tarleton state university
Murray state university
Southern Illinois university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Vo :What do you do ?

Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists

Describe your Job :

I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.

kindly help me
proof read the amazing analyst here

cc

theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring

any other guys are all welcome ..
God bless you all...one love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 10:30pm On May 23, 2018
Omolara216:
the USA new rule isnt a good idea on students atall because most students that were refused during their first interview were nervous..

Can you please post the law you are talking about so that we can know it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tufin: 10:30pm On May 23, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Please I need someone to help me shed more light on the possibility of v.o’s approving visa for an individual going to university of Idaho through there global student success program. The benefit of the g.s.s.p is that you are Not applying with either gre nor toefl ,the first two terms is for English courses and other pre masters subject. You tend to pay a deposit to book your seat before your I-20 can be issued to you. May I know if this is a credible way when presented to the v.o as I have done my research on the program and also the school. Please gurus in the house , help with this .

GSSP is fine....it's just like a one year pre-masters program, but it counts towards your overall degree which may last for about 2 years.
The only constraint is the cost. No funding is given but you can get on-campus job.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 10:47pm On May 23, 2018
whyqueu:
My proposed Transcript !

Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .

Me : I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .

VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?

Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .

Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .

Murray state university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists

Describe your Job :

I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.

kindly help me

cc

sorelee
theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring

nice transcript but I have been seeing so many proposed transcript of late with long epistle. please just try and get like three points and make sure those points are salient so you can build your answers around those points instead of all these long epistle that can Mar your interview due to tension. best wishes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 12:36am On May 24, 2018
nagalee:
which embassy is it Lagos or Abuja

Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 12:41am On May 24, 2018
AlterEnigma:

UPDATE:

Submitted my passport back at the drop off with a fixed deposit slip in my dad's name this time and it was finally issued today

Thanks lagosismyhome walspring walepepe21 and everyone here who supports and assists us

God Bless

UPDATE

Your boy don land ogbodo oyinbo oo... only a few can grasp the excitement on my face rn..

POE TRANSCRIPT

Greeted him.. he didnt answer or maybe didnt hear

POE: Why are you here?

Me: Graduate Studies

POE: Let me see your SEVIS ID

Me: gave him and he typed a bit

POE: any food, alcohol, tobacco

Me: No..

Gives me my passport and i bounced away

Thanks everyone for the support and assistance especially those that i PM'ed tire.. lol

Goodluck to you all

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 12:49am On May 24, 2018

The way you have your answers im afraid the VO might lose interest and cut you short half way through the conversation.... You see its very important that your answers are not Verbose so try and rephrase..... how about something like this

I choosed Tarleton State University because of the opportunity to work with Prof Bradt (Prof Bradt is enough to mention) whom i had the opportunity to meet during the annual international agricultural conference in Tanzania. He was the guest speaker. he is a great researcher of plant breeding and seed technology something he has been doing for the past 25 years ( i think its better you say this here so as to try and buttress your point on why the prof made you choose the school) and i am fascinated about all his work on the various crop he has worked on ( you can mention 2-3 crops ) He also offered me a research opportunity on a particular project he is working on which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme and zea mays . which is value for money ..

i think this way you did be more clearer and concise... Those botanical crops names though grin grin grin grin why not use the crops common name instead, the VO might not even know what type of crops you talking about lol

whyqueu:
My proposed Transcript !

Murray state university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Describe your Job :

kindly help me

cc

sorelee
theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56am On May 24, 2018
I miss this thread due to busy semester.

Hundred pages checked nothing but mostly back and forth argument.

However, the contributions of those regular members handling the thread can't be overlooked.... well done sir and ma'am!

Still checking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:07am On May 24, 2018
To these guys

@ ecoleco, Olusegun26, dmajor1, Robert6708, RoadAnimations, TheNightsKing, AlterEnigma, Maze1, DammyChrist, harthy007, teedee223, learner007 and Femmyfes

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:08am On May 24, 2018
subset:
The one thing that breaks my heart is when I visit the barbershop. $18 for haircut and $3 dollar for shaving (Biko why would someone cut his hair without shaving). The same amount you spend on haircut you can use it to buy 4 packs of organic chicken labs and 1 pack has about 14 chicken labs(drumsticks). Sigh angry

If you do that again.

Now go get yourself a clipper and pay no barbers no more!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.