Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters (485 Views)

Falana: No APC-Controlled State Is Fighting Corruption, Except Kano / President Buhari Says Special Court Coming Soon, Warns Looters Of Consequences / Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by Paperwhite(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ibrahim Magu, the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has declared that the fight against corruption in Nigeria is a “do or die affair.”

The EFCC’s Czar issued the warning while addressing a rally to mark International Day against Corruption at the Commission’s Headquarters in Abuja.

Acting EFCC Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, addressing the press at the end of a rally to mark International Day against Corruption

The anti-graft agency boss said corruption is Nigeria’s number one enemy.

According to Magu, “For us as a country, the fight against corruption is a do or die affair; we have to win the battle or die trying.

“Corruption, as agreed by every consensus, is our number one enemy and as President Muhammadu Buhari correctly prescribed, if we do not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria.”

Calling for consensus against the malady, Magu noted that Nigerians cannot afford to be on the fence on the issue of corruption.

He said, “The fight against corruption is now a war in which there is clear line between forces of evil and those of good; between agents of progress and reactionary elements who mean no good.

“For those of us on this side; in the anticorruption agencies of government, in the media, and civil society, the dagger is drawn and I believe I am speaking the mind of everyone on this side that we intend neither retreat nor surrender in our noble intention to cure our country of the evils of corruption.

“As I often say, our bit is not enough. Winning the war against corruption is the aggregate of our collective bits and pieces. No Nigerian can afford to be on the fence in this effort to rid our country of its Enemy Number One. It is time for all hands to be on deck to march on corruption and the corrupt”.

Magu also noted that EFCC “has broken new grounds in investigating and prosecuting important cases, and recovery of stolen money.

“Our asset recovery derive has raked in billions of naira to the federal government in form of forfeitures. We have also secured 171 convictions within the last one year”.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/m-ready-die-fighting-corruption-nigeria-magu-warns-looters/
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by odogwubiafra: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Mostly fight for forfeiture and not fight against corruption. Till the loopholes are blocked to prevent the stealing and the move for forfeiture that we'll never get reconciled with the actual.

Fight for corruption is a structural thing and not by media and guns trial.

1) Instead of traffic police, install traffic light.

2) Instead of whistleblowing, wedge the leakages.

3) Instead of media trial, follow judicial trial.

4) Instead of sharing hunger, hatred and starvation, share the joy(money).
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by BankeSmalls(f): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bla bla bla grin, talk is cheap.

By now I thought the police cannot be openly collecting money forcefully from motorists, how many has been cautioned, let alone sacked for corruption?

By now I thought fuel hoarding would be gone and you can buy fuel by staying in your house and calling them to come fuel your cars at N40 grin

I thought that by now hot Rotimi iscariot and Rochas would have spent at least 2 years smelling the rods of Kuje prisons because of the loot they used to sponsor APC grin

I even thought somebody would be brave enough to announce how much he paid his doctors in London, after all the money allocated for Aso rock clinic cannot buy even a packet of Gold circle grin
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by Annie939(f): 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
look at who is talking yeye people
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by Paperwhite(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
Meanwhile Magu is yet to die on top Abba Kyari's #500M MTN bribe,Buratai's Dubai assets,Lawal Babachir's #250M grass-cutting scandal, Mainagate and all those implicated in the arms probe scandal.
No wonder the anti-graft war remains a comical charade.
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by psucc(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2017
These guy's mentality must be a little below that of a mad man. Die on relooting the recovered loots? Since the DSS report that stalled his confirmation he is yet to make any public rebuttal and yet hr wants to die fighting corruption.

Pls tell someone help me tell him that a house that fights itself cannot stand. If he dies, it is not corruption that kills him but the thought of how to hide his own share of corruption.
Re: I'm Ready To Die Fighting Corruption In Nigeria-magu Warns Looters by id911(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
Paperwhite:
Meanwhile Magu is yet to die on top Abba Kyari's #500M MTN bribe,Buratai's Dubai assets,Lawal Babachir's #250M grass-cutting scandal, Mainagate and all those implicated in the arms probe scandal.
No wonder the anti-graft war remains a comical charade.

Magu, since who want to die, who will soon die if you don't arrest and prosecute NNPC Baru, Gen Dubai Burutai, Lootimi Amaechi, Maina, Danbazzau, Babachir Lawal, and other executive looters

(1) (Reply)

Now That We Have Got It Right, What Next:an Open Letter To Pdp National Party Ch / General T. Y Danjuma Donates Health Facility To Taraba Community / Fed Govt To Grow TV Advert Market By $200m Per Annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.